NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AznRmX

well I thought the refs were fair today, those were genuine foul calls in the fourth. The only mistake they did was not calling the up & down on Gasol where he made a layup after he landed but it wouldn't have made a difference CUZ LAKERS 2010 BABY.

^I thought the blocking foul on Pierce was bad. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter had some good officiating. The 4th the calls favored the Lakers. Don't think it would've matter anyway, Celtics choked.

Guest melo.breeze

Who is the FMVP? Not to metion Pau only shot the ball 66~ times throughout the whole series and put up those numbers. Kobe probably shot 200+.

stats don't exactly tell the entire story. kobe's been more consistent throughout the finals, whereas pau was a no show for most of the road games. you mention shot attempts, i can't fault you there coz you're probably right, but you didn't put any regard to defense. defensively, pau has been very subpar. honestly after he bullied kg in game 1 i thought he'd continue to do so, but kg got the better of him the rest of the series, whereas kobe hasn't had any crucial break downs on defense(the only game kobe's allowed rondo to have a 'rondo' type game was in game 2 when rondo got his triple D and kobe was in foul trouble.

finals mvp was called right.

as for the free throw disparity, yes, there were questionable calls, but that has been going on the entire series. nothing changes. what clearly destroyed boston was not the free throws, but the amount of second chance attempts lakers got with their rebounds. 52-40 rebounds. 22 offensive rebounds.

stats don't exactly tell the entire story. kobe's been more consistent throughout the finals, whereas pau was a no show for most of the road games. you mention shot attempts, i can't fault you there coz you're probably right, but you didn't put any regard to defense. defensively, pau has been very subpar. honestly after he bullied kg in game 1 i thought he'd continue to do so, but kg got the better of him the rest of the series, whereas kobe hasn't had any crucial break downs on defense(the only game kobe's allowed rondo to have a 'rondo' type game was in game 2 when rondo got his triple D and kobe was in foul trouble.

finals mvp was called right.

as for the free throw disparity, yes, there were questionable calls, but that has been going on the entire series. nothing changes. what clearly destroyed boston was not the free throws, but the amount of second chance attempts lakers got with their rebounds. 52-40 rebounds. 22 offensive rebounds.

Kobe was consistent? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The last 2 games, he disappeared. Ron Artest played a bigger role than Kobe did in the last 2 games. If you think consistency is scoring points then your wrong. Shot selection and efficiency is more important and Pau had Kobe beat in both categories. Oh and don't get me started on Kobe's turnovers throughout the series, if I remember correctly he had 7 in a game.

Oh Pau's defense was good throughout the series, not great but he gets it done. He played the most minutes in the series, without his presence and impact in the paint the Lakers wouldn't have won especially with Bynum playing on a minutes cap.

Guest melo.breeze

Kobe was consistent? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The last 2 games, he disappeared. Ron Artest played a bigger role than Kobe did in the last 2 games. If you think consistency is scoring points then your wrong. Shot selection and efficiency is more important and Pau had Kobe beat in both categories.

Oh Pau's defense was good throughout the series, not great but he gets it done. Without his presence and impact in the paint, the Lakers wouldn't have won especially with Bynum playing on a minutes cap.

i won't argue on efficiency coz you're absolutely right. but i stand by the point i made earlier. pau was non existant for the most part on the road. games 4 and 5 he was abused. he may have played like a beast at home, but only playing well at home does not warrant a finals mvp.

and as for ron's contribution, i've been downing on the guy for the entire series, but he delivered tonight i won't deny. but to downplay kobe's impact game 6 to ron's impact doesn't bode well. you're practically implying kobe's consecutive 5-6 shots in the first to give the lakers the early lead for the rest of the game was a non factor. and that's just offensively. game 6 kobe 11 rebounds, game 7 kobe 15 rebounds. he obviously was an impact.

anyways, i've stated my opinion, i'll leave it at that. obviously neither of us will be able to convince each other otherwise. time to go celebrate.

Guest PB&Banana

6th game was probably his best shooting night but I would give mvp for both guys, kobe and gasol had their ups and down. Officiating did not favor anyone in the 4th it was inconsistent there were some bad calls, there were some non-calls, etc.

For the most part, it looked like the referees let them play and didn't want to decide the game. Fourth quarter was called a little tighter than the others, but the Lakers were the aggressors and put the pressure on the referees to blow the whistle. Boston was settling for poor looks too often when they had a lead. It looked like they were just trying to run clock off.

Heartbreaking loss though. :( Boston failed to finish defensive stands and capitalize on their defensive efforts.

I was rooting for Boston to win and wanted to see the veterans and young guys that developed since their last championship run get another one, but the Lakers just outplayed the Celtics in the 4th quarter. They were the aggressors, got into the penalty early, and kept attacking to make a living at the line.

During the last two minutes, Boston made some clutch threes to try to get back into it, but the Lakers responded every single time with a three of their own, offensive rebound, or a trip to the line.

A lot of credit to Rasheed though, came up big and kept his emotions in check. Hope Ray and Doc come back. Like 1love said, this year really needed to be the year to go get it.

After watching Ron Artest's rant though after the game, I couldn't help but smile and feel good for the guy. He's always one of the scapegoats whenever the Lakers struggle, and it was good to see how genuinely happy he was after winning his first ring.

As much as I despise the Lakers, with Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant on the verge of another three-peat along with Pau Gasol, I respect them.

i won't argue on efficiency coz you're absolutely right. but i stand by the point i made earlier. pau was non existant for the most part on the road. games 4 and 5 he was abused. he may have played like a beast at home, but only playing well at home does not warrant a finals mvp.

and as for ron's contribution, i've been downing on the guy for the entire series, but he delivered tonight i won't deny. but to downplay kobe's impact game 6 to ron's impact doesn't bode well. you're practically implying kobe's consecutive 5-6 shots in the first to give the lakers the early lead for the rest of the game was a non factor. and that's just offensively. game 6 kobe 11 rebounds, game 7 kobe 15 rebounds. he obviously was an impact.

Numbers don't lie, you can argue all you want. Pau was more efficient and was a bigger impact on the court. I agree Kobe was beast on rebounding, but if getting rebounds means your the FMVP, then shame on the NBA. Seriosuly Kobe had a bigger impact in game 6?

Pau in game 6:

17 Points with 6-14 shooting

13 Rebounds

9 Assists

3 Block

1 Steal

1 TO

Kobe in game 6:

26 Points with 9-19 shooting

11 Rebounds

3 Assists

3 Steals

2 TO

Game 7 speaks for it self, Kobe was horrible. And please don't give road games again. Kobe didn't play great in Boston, game 5 was Kobe's best game in the series when he tried to beat the Celtics 5 vs 1.

Geez Boston fans are sore losers (not anyone in this thread, just from scouring about)

Ron Artest shoots 18 shots, Kobe shoots below 30%, Pau shoots well below 50%, they let Kobe get 15 rebounds ( a guard mind you ) , Pierce is horrible, Ray Allen is horrible, the bench is useless etc etc and somehow its the refs fault? Squander a 10 point lead as well, jeez give credit where credit is due.

Guest melo.breeze

Numbers don't lie, you can argue all you want. Pau was more efficient and was a bigger impact on the court. I agree Kobe was beast on rebounding, but if getting rebounds means your the FMVP, then shame on the NBA. Seriosuly Kobe had a bigger impact in game 6?

Pau in game 6:

17 Points with 6-14 shooting

13 Rebounds

9 Assists

3 Block

1 Steal

1 TO

Kobe in game 6:

26 Points with 9-19 shooting

11 Rebounds

3 Assists

3 Steals

2 TO

Game 7 speaks for it self, Kobe was horrible.

lol, i was just gonna leave it alone but you seem to have misunderstood me. if you read my post, i wasn't comparing kobe's contribution in game 6 to pau's i was comparing ron's since you said ron was a bigger factor in both games. honestly, if the finals mvp could be split, gasol would get it as well, hence kobe giving gasol his props wen kobe made his speech.

you're right statistics don't lie. but if you think defense can be measured through the stat spread then that's just entirely wrong. if we go by that logic, lbj would be the nba's greatest defensive player.

see y'all again next season. maybe during free agency if anything big happens.

end rant/

lol, i was just gonna leave it alone but you seem to have misunderstood me. if you read my post, i wasn't comparing kobe's contribution in game 6 to pau's i was comparing ron's since you said ron was a bigger factor in both games. honestly, if the finals mvp could be split, gasol would get it as well, hence kobe giving gasol his props wen kobe made his speech.

you're right statistics don't lie. but if you think defense can be measured through the stat spread then that's just entirely wrong. if we go by that logic, lbj would be the nba's greatest defensive player.

see y'all again next season. maybe during free agency if anything big happens.

end rant/

Oh, but Ron did played a bigger role in game 6 and 7. But if your talking defense, Ron had Kobe beat in that category. After getting owned in game 5, he gave no space for PP to breath in game 6 and 7. Oh effort and hustle is not measurable too and Ron gave 150% and then some in the last 2 games. Defensively and offensively.

On a funny note, Ron Artest: "I GOT MY WHEATIES"

Guest Christinaisweird

Definitely rooting for the Boston Celtics to win. Guess, I'll have to find the strength to move on. Seeing Ron Artest's speech after the game was quite hilarious, thanking his psychiatrist, LOLs, didn't he would be in need of one. Hoping for a great comeback from the Boston Celtics to defend their title as the most championships won. Loving Rondo and Big Baby!

LAKERS ARE THE CHAMPS!

lakers in 7!

fisher hit another clutch 3 to tie it!

then artest 3!

then vujajic 2 free throws for the icing on the cake!

kobe got his redemption

first with the phoenix suns and the celtics

also ron artest was right when he snuck up on kobe in the shower when he lost in 2008

he did help kobe win another championship

Guest hellosally

(: I'm soooo happy that Lakers won. It was a really fun game to watch since it was so close. So proud <3

Archived