NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ertylu

damn the rockets lost! It would have really been something if they went up 2-0 in the series.

i really hope they review kobe's elbow on artest and he gets suspended. lol

Still I feel bad for Ron, he was just letting Kobe know that you don't do that to a man, it can kill someone. Elbowing someone is the throat is not even allowed in MMA because it can be lethal. This shows Kobe is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Normally I ignore his dirty plays, but he is taking it too far now. Even though it was on purpose he should've say "My bad, it was an accident." The look on his face was "You can't touch me, I'm a superstar I won't get punish for it."

Guest YSK

From the angle which they showed kobes elbow it looked like just rough stuff under the net, ron was shoving his knee up kobes richard simmons and kobe was leaning heavily and flailing his arms about, doubt it warrants a suspension. Like others said, fisher and alston should be suspended though.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
The league has denied any wrongdoing, and furthermore, the Kings shot themselves in the foot by melting down in the last two games. No one stepped up to take the big shot. Peja chucked airballs, remember that?

Yes, I'm sure any commissioner would admit any wrongdoing. :rolleyes:

OF COURSE the league would say no. 18 extra free throws isn't melting down, it's a sign of potential bias. And when you're the opposition, you do lose your focus on the court.

ANY baller would know that.

David Stern denies everything but doesn't even come up with a good rationale. He just uses a bunch of adjectives to describe the accusers when denying anything.

And FYI, Kobe has been getting away with his random elbows for years. Once again, Crawford strikes. Yeaaaah that dirty Rondo... How about that Fisher.

Officiating will forever remain bias... or just stupid in Crawford's case. Life goeso n.

Guest Unanimous

I dont think Kobe will get suspended. It was an "accident" lol. And when Artest confronted him he reacted in the correct way.

Fisher though, what can I say about his foul. Cheap shot.

Damn I am a die heart Lakers fan, I can't believe I am feeling this way. Even after a hard fought win, I am so disappointed over their sportsmanship. Oh wells, that the game. All I have to say is I hate Joe Crawford. Really, I truly do.

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3
Still I feel bad for Ron, he was just letting Kobe know that you don't do that to a man, it can kill someone. Elbowing someone is the throat is not even allowed in MMA because it can be lethal. This shows Kobe is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Normally I ignore his dirty plays, but he is taking it too far now. Even though it was on purpose he should've say "My bad, it was an accident." The look on his face was "You can't touch me, I'm a superstar I won't get punish for it."

It didn't help that like YSK said, " ron was shoving his knee up kobes richard simmons and kobe was leaning heavily and flailing his arms about". Ron isn't exactly the classiest player out there either. He wasn't "letting him know" that you cant do that to a man, he got right in Kobe's face. And im not sure if "You can't touch me, I'm a superstar I won't get punished for it" look was on his face. It was more of a "Wth are you doing? Get out of here." Kobe is def. not a dirtier player than Artest. The MMA is totally diff. from Basketball.. It's not allowed in the MMA because you actually HIT the opponent with all your strength, so i'm sure they wouldn't tolerate it at all. Im not saying that elbowing someone in the throat is right but it just didn't look like Kobe had his eyes set on killing Artest O__O

Guest acekim
It didn't help that like YSK said, " ron was shoving his knee up kobes richard simmons and kobe was leaning heavily and flailing his arms about". Ron isn't exactly the classiest player out there either. He wasn't "letting him know" that you cant do that to a man, he got right in Kobe's face. And im not sure if "You can't touch me, I'm a superstar I won't get punished for it" look was on his face. It was more of a "Wth are you doing? Get out of here." Kobe is def. not a dirtier player than Artest.

At least Ron Artest didn't talk as much trash as Kobe did. Kobe talked trash the whole game. In my opinion, that is not classy. Who trash talked more, Kobe or Ron Artest? Kobe did.

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3
At least Ron Artest didn't talk as much trash as Kobe did. Kobe talked trash the whole game. In my opinion, that is not classy. Who trash talked more, Kobe or Ron Artest? Kobe did.

How do you know for sure that Artest didn't say anything during the game?

How do you know for sure that Artest didn't say anything during the game?

Did you see how Kobe reacted everytime he made a shot over Battier or Artest? He taunted at Battier, I'm sure Kobe talked more mini cooper during the same, the way he was acting every time he made a shot.

Guest PB&Banana

It should have been a foul on kobe that cap showed his elbow was not near ron's throat. The Battier one should have been a flagrant and the knee hit with Yao is nothing. That was just a collision. Ron shouldn't have been ejected, I don't know what refs were thinking. Fisher man stupid play, suspension for that one.

Welcome to the playoffs what's done is done can't do anything about that, we wanted a physical series and boy is it physical.

It should have been a foul on kobe that cap showed his elbow was not near ron's throat. The Battier one should have been a flagrant and the knee hit with Yao is nothing. That was just a collision. Ron shouldn't have been ejected, I don't know what refs were thinking. Fisher man stupid play, suspension for that one.

Welcome to the playoffs what's done is done can't do anything about that, we wanted a physical series and boy is it physical.

Different camera angles, Kobe got him right in the throat. He put his weight into it too, seriously that could kill some one with all that adrenaline pumping in a playoff game.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
It didn't help that like YSK said, " ron was shoving his knee up kobes richard simmons and kobe was leaning heavily and flailing his arms about". Ron isn't exactly the classiest player out there either. He wasn't "letting him know" that you cant do that to a man, he got right in Kobe's face. And im not sure if "You can't touch me, I'm a superstar I won't get punished for it" look was on his face. It was more of a "Wth are you doing? Get out of here." Kobe is def. not a dirtier player than Artest. The MMA is totally diff. from Basketball.. It's not allowed in the MMA because you actually HIT the opponent with all your strength, so i'm sure they wouldn't tolerate it at all. Im not saying that elbowing someone in the throat is right but it just didn't look like Kobe had his eyes set on killing Artest O__O

Artest's actual on-ball defense has rarely been dirty, just physical. It's his behavior off the court + the Pistons-Pacers Brawl that give him the label of being dirty.

Guest melo.breeze

ron shouldn't have had his entire arm above shoulder level on kobe in the first place.

not that, that justifies what kobe did, it's just something to observe considering the circumstances.

make accusations or not, you'll never know whether that elbow was intentional unless

you're the one playing. as for fisher, i'm certain he'll be suspended game 3,

no excuses for what he did. and as for the 'trash talk' comments.

seriously, it's part of the game, bring down your opponents morale so you have mental control over them.

almost every player will trash talk from time to time, even michael jordan used trash talk as a form of torment.

and come playoff time, you shouldn't be surprised if things escalate, as people state,

playoffs is a whole different level from regular season games. things will get physical.

Guest CKcrossover

The Laker is such a dirty team Vujacic, Walton, Fisher, Kobe

I loved them as a basketball team but that was just not necessary

and they are playing at home too what a bunch of clowns

I have alway been an unbias fan but now I don't care who play the Lakers

I just wanna see them get blown out every game from now on

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3
Did you see how Kobe reacted everytime he made a shot over Battier or Artest? He taunted at Battier, I'm sure Kobe talked more mini cooper during the same, the way he was acting every time he made a shot.

That doesn't answer my question! O_O . What he did to Battier was wrong, but that's a different story from my question.

Archived