do you guys and girls drives stick?

Guest HKS457

They WANT you to get a manual car? I've never really heard that before from parents. Is it because it can save gas?

lol... My friend's dad forced her daughter to learn stick. She told me she has to take the license test in manual... or else!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They WANT you to get a manual car? I've never really heard that before from parents. Is it because it can save gas?

I guess they want me to be a BETTER driver.. ahaha

and they think it's more fun.. and they want me to try too? ahahah

well, cuz in a year or so. we'll probably be getting a G35 for me, and they're like.. oh c'omon, don't drive an automatic!! =.="

Guest stellarnina

i drive both. learned first with a stick, then forgot about it 'cause i bought an automatic, then had to learn stick again to drive our family van and my dad's sports car hehe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ally&EunHyuk

i drive a stick...love driving stick i get less sleepy at the wheel..learned to drive a stick on my old '94 accord...and then moved onto a '97 integra until it was in a hit and run...soo now i'm driving my '05 RSX! and i love it! :)

Guest Track-Star

i can drive both.

when i first drove a stick, i was a natural at it :D

all u got to do to keep from stallin is, as ur releasing the clutch, when u feel the tranny connect to the engine, just give the car sum gas or keep ur RPM constant, or ur engine will die ( in first gear )

get past that, and shifting, is no problem

Guest bncat

I like German made manual, the clutch is harder to hold and release than Japanese made but I find the ride a lot more smoother or maybe it's just me ... I suck :blush: and need all the help I can get :P . J/k ... I learned stick w/ a VW :crazy: , the next day my brother have me switch over to his friend's Honda, the Honda seems so much easier to drive :blink: but then my car was a BMW :wacko: so I have to get use to the BMW. However, I find the BMW and the VW to be better ride and stick w/ them since ...

-bncat

P.S. I'm a girl ... wondering how many Asian girl out there driving a German made manual <_<

Guest xiaoyi

my parents bought me a car. they refused to buy a manual. so i'm stuck driving an automatic. i drive my friend's manual sometimes.

automatic sucks. compared with a manual, i feel like i have less control.

ugh...

to those people who think driving a manual is not that big of a deal, drive with someone who does it badly. driving a manual WELL is a talent.

btw, i'm a girl.

^^Driving a manual exceptionally well may take talent.

With enough practice and the proper form of instruction, many people can learn to be good at driving a manual gearbox.

Guest srenity

how come whenever i see most threads posted by a girl, they have to go "btw im a girl"

driving manual or driving automatic, well or sucky, or ANYTHING that has to do with cars, is totally not based on gender.

Guest xiaoyi

how come whenever i see most threads posted by a girl, they have to go "btw im a girl"

driving manual or driving automatic, well or sucky, or ANYTHING that has to do with cars, is totally not based on gender.

cuz lots of girls suck at driving. mostly cuz they don't really like/care about driving. usually guys care about driving well and having nice cars. lots of girls i know are horrible drivers but i can only think of a few guys who are that bad.

btw i'm a girl. :rolleyes:

The thing with me when I drive my dad's car is that my hand always goes down to the gear lever because I want to change gear when I want to... not let the car change gears when it wants to. lol

I don't have the problem with the... "where's the 3rd pedal?" like most guys do when they go from manual to auto.

• 2 months later...
Guest afytasuki

i'm a girl and i love driving stick....i dont have one now, but once i get back from china i'm gonna get a mazda rx-8 and i'm not gonna settle for anything less than a stick..haha

Guest taoh

i'm a girl and i love driving stick....i dont have one now, but once i get back from china i'm gonna get a mazda rx-8 and i'm not gonna settle for anything less than a stick..haha

If you're going to get a wankel rotary car, be sure you know what you're going to get yourself into.

cuz lots of girls suck at driving. mostly cuz they don't really like/care about driving. usually guys care about driving well and having nice cars. lots of girls i know are horrible drivers but i can only think of a few guys who are that bad.

btw i'm a girl. :rolleyes:

which is why it's always impressive to see a girl drive a stick. It shows she can hang with the boys.

Guest afytasuki

If you're going to get a wankel rotary car, be sure you know what you're going to get yourself into.

well, from what i heard, they require more maintanence and break down a lil easier than regular cylinder engines..in which case i would have to buy a whole new engine instead of just replacing a single part

is there anything else i need to know other than that?

Archived