[drama 2007] Salt Doll - 소금인형 (fridays)

Guest dramaok

Guest danny4rang1004

after watching episode 12 ... i could finally understand JS's obsession with SY and why no other woman could ever come close to what she meant to him ... in his one moment of madness when he let his escalating desire to possess her at least once take over him ... he totally ruined the happiness of the one woman who matters to him. i don't think he expected that SY will suffer harrassment from the people around him ie. father, fiancee & mom or that the secret will come out. the guy lives such a wretched life since childhood ... with a power hungry/crazy mom who cared nothing for him but that he will be the heir to succeed his father and living in her delusion that JS's father actually loved her ... and a father who never treated him as anything but an object to obey him and despite abhorring his mother ... JS's the only heir he had to succeed him whether he likes it or not. in an earlier episode JS recall back to how his mother make him learnt piano to impress his father but after one remark from his dad ... his mom refused to let him touch the piano from that day onwards (i think she threatened him if he dared to play) eventhough he really enjoyed his piano lessons and found joy in playing. no one ever celebrates his birthday ... he even had to make his own miyuk gook ... and after his dad beat the crap out of him using golf clubs ... his mom refused him entry to the house and told him that she doesn't want a son that's been disowned by his father. all he hears from them is how he shouldn't have been borned whenever he disappoints them ... till the kind hearted SY who comforted him, sang him a birthday song, bought him a gift and told him she's thankful he came into this world. maybe i'm the only one who felt sorry for the love starved and totally wretched JS despite the bargain he made with SY in her desperation to save her beloved husband. i don't know why he doesn't just break free from the parents who treat him like a puppet but i guess he hasn't found anything else worthwhile in his life to live for.

i just finished watching episode 12 too and dude~~ ji seok is SUCH a great actor.

in all my life i have never watched something that actually made me cry. i've felt sad and choked up before but i've never cried... til now.

he really made me tear up at the part toward the end of the episode where his mom comes into his office and tells him what she just did so SY. when he did that little groan thing, my heart like ripped to pieces. then when he exploded at his mom and we got to see why he feels the way he does and see more about the kind of life he had before SY.... X[

in the previews for episode 13 it looks like SY's husband is going to start acting like a little baby. i cant stand him really already. i cant understand why he all of a sudden started acting differently toward SY after JS's mom totally humiliated her. He knew all the facts and those facts still remained nothing changed. he's such a little crybaby. He was like a good husband but only when they were happy. at the first sign of trouble, he doesnt even want to work through it he just wants mommy to come and take care of him.

i kind of want SY to just leave him and go with JS.

by the way, i added some links in the previous post if anyone is interested

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gosh ... i just read gerryg's spoiler ... so JS's gonna have some fatal illness which is the result of his dad's golfing session on him? poor guy ... no wonder he had this aversion to golfing. i don't think it's the same as YW ... YW had a kidney/liver related disease i think because i remember it requires a transplant or something.

for anyone who cared to know what happened in 15 & 16 ... (some highlights):

- the doctor finally decide to share his little secret with SY's sister ... that he is Hana's father and he was surprised that SY's sister was not surprised by that revelation. in fact she told him that everyone kind of figured it out ... ie. herself, SY and even little Junki knew and when is he going to let Hana call him dad. haha ...he found later that Hana knew he was her dad all along but she didn't let on or call him that 'coz she heard her mother/grandmother tell her when she's drunk that if people knew he had a daughter then he'll have a problem finding a wife or something. geez ... all the adults should learn from little Hana ... don't you think? LOL

- anyway, Hana asked about her mother and the doctor/father told her that if he arranged for her to meet once with her mom ... she must change school and she must never tell anyone about it or address the mom in public. (from the preview at end of 16 ... it seems like Hana called her mom and thought she came to the house to visit her because she miss her? (well, she's still a kid after all) when JS's mom together with JS's ex-fiancee barge into where they live probably to harass SY some more about JS so i think JS's mom found out? after meeting her mom, Hana told her father that she regretted asking to meet her because she would have the chance to meet her mom a couple of times more not knowing she's her mom but now she won't get to see her again~ awww

- SY found out from the doctor that JS already called the hospital to go ahead with the operation before SY went to the hospital preparing to offer herself up to JS for that one nite and that it would have been too late for YW otherwise. so she was upset 'coz now she can't even console herself that the dirty act that she had to go through ... wasn't even the one that saved her husband since JS was already planning to pay for his operation anyway. so she got upset & rant to JS who told her that she's still the one that saved YW because the only reason why he did it was because he couldn't bear to see her hurt & he knows how much YW meant to her.

- and JS's stupid constipated ex-fiancee had to go & make matter worse for the couple (as usual) by sending YW a fax showing him that the company that SY's partner/boss? just signed a contract with actually belongs to JS and told him to stop his ex-wife from working on it. so YW who was gonna ask SY to get back together had another crazy fit/tantrum where he confront SY & offers ultimatum and start drowning in self pity again. that woman just never learn does she? i think stupid must be her middle name~

- YW said some cruel words to SY when he ends up at the hospital again telling her that they should end it once and for all. that their fate has ended back then when he should have died and she could have started with JS ... and how he's tired of her and his life etc...

- after seeing her son end up in hospital again ... YW's mom who has been harping at the couple to get back together finally told/beg SY to let YW go since he was actually much better when he was not seeing her the first few months after they got divorced and it seems to her that there's no way that both of them can get over the past to start anew so might as well end it. and if this carries on, YW might just actually die and that SY should consider this as an act to save him again. she tells SY to turn YW away no matter what and that their fate has ended when she & YW got a divorce.

- that ninny YW who as usual must have regretted what he said as soon as he said it ... got dressed and ran out from hospital telling his friend who tried to stop him that he can't live without SY and he got to see her

- JS turns up at where SY's stay and tell a desolute SY who just came back from hospital and also visit with ex mil ... to tell her that he has given up everything ie. his parents, his career and money. everything which will make it hard for her to walk towards him. SY asked JS what does he want from her then? JS told her permission ... to wait for her. SY told him not to wait for her and that it could never happen. YW turns up with his stupid face ... JS about to walk off and SY grabbed JS's arm. when she lets go of his arm ... JS grabbed her hand back & pull her into a hug in front of YW. he then whisper to her that he doesn't care with what kind of heart SY has in accepting him as long as she accepts him. dun dun dun ... and the camera pans into YW doing some heavy breathing ... -_-

well ... seems like SY's gonna suffer further miseries from being harassed continuously by JS's crazy mom & the obssesive/stupid ex-fiancee.

oh and i just found out recently that the adorable little Hana was in the movie 'Heart Is .../Hearty Paws/Maumy' ... she's really cute in that movie too. such a sad movie though~

Guest yujah52

Thanks danny4rang1004.

In Ep. 7 or 8, when the Doc saw Yi-hyun in the department store looking at men's ties, why did she start to run away and hide from the Dr.?

Guest danny4rang1004

Thanks danny4rang1004.

In Ep. 7 or 8, when the Doc saw Yi-hyun in the department store looking at men's ties, why did she start to run away and hide from the Dr.?

where im at in the drama so far, i cant really say but i do know that they were lovers before

and Hana is actually their kid.. so she probably hid from him because deep down she probably really did love him but she was too ambitious for power and money to stay for love. thats what i think

i think she hid from him 'coz she was afraid her pasts will come out that she had an illegitimate child? i'll be very surprised if we find out she's in love with doc all along~ hehe~ but seeing how she's such a terrible actress ... i wouldn't be surprised we get surprised by anything. :ph34r:

Guest dramaok

it ended today.

in the end, so-yeong (hwang su-jeong) finds out she is pregnant with her ex-husband yeon-woo (kim yeong-ho)'s child.

so they get back together but not right away cuz the ex doesn't know about her pregnancy at first.... when she was about to marry ji-seok (kim yoo-seok) she ran into her ex yeon-woo and they have some kinda passionate realization and they sleep together.

so then on the day of her wedding to ji-seok she is a run-away bride... some time later she is in japan or something with a swollen belly, and ji-seok sees her and tells yeon-woo about it and yeon-woo goes to find her and it's all tearful and they're together. meanwhile, ji-seok runs into his old flame from college (guest star wang bit-na from 'my lovely fool').. and they seem to get along again. wang bit-na guest stars as a special favor to the pd of 'my lovely fool' who is also working on 'salt doll'. she played park sang-min's wife in 'my lovely fool'.. the one who falls for kim yoo-seok.

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?mode=L...amp;menu_id=106

correct me if i'm wrong. i just translated based on the news article. i didn't actually watch the episodes.

Guest Slurpy

On 17-18

YH also a sad soul that is force to leave Doc and daughter cause of her family.Even her parent does not know she got a daughter.

To prevent the downfall of her family businese she choose to abandon Doc and her child to save her family(That is by marrying JS since he's helluva rich) guess that explain why she was so afraid to let JS family finding out that she actually got a daughter.

Guest danny4rang1004

what happened in episode 13 and 14.

i skipped from 12 to 15.

how did they end up living with the doctor??

Guest danny4rang1004

i read the summary for how its going to end and i dont like it.

after watching episodes 17 and 18 i think im falling for ji seok more and more and more.

he deserves his chance too. YW doesn't deserve anything. he's a big, sulking pain in the butt.

i cant get myself to like him for some reason.

i am going to upload episodes 11 and 12 for anyone who wants it but from episode 13 on i only have the ones i downloaded from emule so theyre in rmvb format. if you dont mind using real media, it'll be fine. i can upload those too if someone wants them.

Guest yujah52

After reading what happened in the final episode, it's kind of disappointing. I wished SY ended up marrying JS. YW should have ended up with someone. HY and the Doc^^

Guest danny4rang1004

After reading what happened in the final episode, it's kind of disappointing. I wished SY ended up marrying JS. YW should have ended up with someone. HY and the Doc^^

actually when i read what was going to happen in the last episode, i was really disappointed and thought that was really stupid because i wanted jiseok to be happy and marry SY. but after WATCHing the last episode, im actually satisfied with the ending. i dont think SY deserves Ji Seok. If he married her, he would have never been truly happy because she would NEVER love him with her whole heart. He'd always be sharing her with YW. It's better that he just gets away from the drama and goes with someone fresh. and when he ran into the girl from college and she tells him how she used to feel about him, he's happy (kind of) because he never thought that where was someone ELSE out there who had loved him.

YH became a civil person in the end. As bad of an actress as she was, in some of those scenes with Hana, she actually did make me feel for her.

Archived