[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

I've tried to suppress it for as long as I could (and I've let it pass more times than I can remember), but something's been bugging me lately...

You know, whenever a shinhwa member appears on a variety, I think it's kind of weird for the hosts to push the idea that the younger generation boy/girl groups or other guests in general are Shinhwa fans...cuz it's so blatant some of them are lying when they do the 'We are Shinhwa' signature move with the palm facing the camera instead of the fingertips. I know it's respect in a way to say they're fans (or, more likely, an attempt to stir up interest/humor :sweatingbullets: ), but it must feel awkward for our boys when these ppl's mouths are saying one thing, but their actions are saying another...and they're supposed to express their 'thanks' to these suppose 'fans'. It must be awkward for these suppose 'fans' to pretend they're fans too >.< It's just really 'not' cute for me when hoobaes are saying they're fans when they're not...in my attempt to not become totally jaded, I'd like to pretend SOME dialogue on korean shows aren't entirely scripted.

The worst is when music show hosts or other MCs do the Shinhwa signature move incorrectly on Shinhwa 'special' tributes...it really wouldn't kill them to do a little homework, would it? At the least, it'll be more professional of them. Busy or not, it's their job and what they're paid to do. It also proves that these hosts/mcs are blind or incredibly inobservant, or they just don't care, since it's almost inevitable that the footage they're commentating on show the 'correct' We are Shinhwa hand movement SEVERAL times.

For me, the 'We are Shinhwa' hand movement is so signature to Shinhwa, whenever this kind of thing happens, it feels like some kind of 'identity' was lost along the way. It's almost like people saying, "I love Jpop boybands (or insert any other country's music other than kpop here), so I love Shinhwa" or like "I love Shinhwa, and my fave Shinhwa member is Tablo (insert any non-shinhwa member name here). Or somethng along those lines :sweatingbullets:

I guess, all I'm trying to say is that things would be a lot cooler for me if the people who say they like Shinhwa could say it from their hearts and not b/c of circumstances. It's a lot more special, meaningful and complimenting than any of those forced testimonies. I am rather unhappy with some mcs though...it's nothing personal...just ppl with bad/overly relaxed work ethics bother me :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kunjit

maybe the younger generation try to respect shinhwa as their sunbae..so one of their action is doing the shinhwa signature..(of course they have to respect shinhwa :P)..

i miss shinhwa performance..i wish they could perform together before army..

although the performing of dongwan, junjin and andy is great too.. i wish i can see their perform with my own eyes... :rolleyes:

it's just my randoms...i like holland soccer team in the euro 2008.. they play soccer very good..and their uniform is orange.. :blush: :rolleyes: and their supporter wear orange shirt filled up the stadium... :rolleyes: it's like watching shcj and shinhwa.. :lol:

Guest stupidfactory

Ah. My first time posting in this thread. And seriously, I don't know why but i regret so much for not being a Shinhwa fan before. Only this year T.T

Shinhwa's just so, amazing. Their relationship with each other, it's stronger than anything else yea.

Anyway, I've been diggin Shinhwa's old videos on YT lately. Lmao. Absolutely adore ricdy<333333 They're so cute tgt.

Btw, anyone here has pictures of ricdy? =D

Oh and, I've something to ask. I remember seeing this thread at the KR Celeb Photos section in Soompi. It has quite a huge list of Shinhwa's Interview clips+screencaps. Anyone has the link to it?

One of the clips is this. CLICK

Cause I'm lookin for this particular interview of Shinhwa. In the clip, Minwoo introduced himself as M and the other members told him he's with Shinhwa now and shouldn't be M (<-lol).

edit//

lmao. my first post here and i topped the page.

28veg3n.jpg

=D

[08.06.15][News] Let's put a stop to female domination in the gayo world(Kim Dongwan)

[08.06.15] [Pics] Andy the First Propose in Tokyo

hey stupidfactory glad ur a shinhwa fan too!! i regret only knowing about shinhwa like 2 years ago >__< during their 7th jib. *sigh* i really do wish that i knew them way before that too!. but i cant do anything about it.. i just know i can support them starting now and i will <3

P.S. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE! WE ARE ON OUR 1300TH PAGEE!! WOOO!!

Guest stupidfactory

ordinary.life: OMO! Thank you so much!!! It's that interview =D Dongwan was like, "I am K". LMAO! And Jin was late for 2 hours. They were like, "Is Jinnie here?" Bunch of dorks! XD

strawberry16: Hello ^^ Ah, agreed. Shinhwa's men act like lil boys. XD

Oh and, i watched the YSMM episode with Shinhwa. Did Hyesung ever mentioned why he feels awkward when he's with Eric? lol

Guest miaka0210

wow haven't been here for so long. stupid summer classes!!!! :crazy:

anyhow......

crystalis- I totally understand what you're trying to say. our boys have been in

the industry for so long that in the end, its like other people HAVE to know or be a FAN of shinhwa

just so that they could show their respect to them. But then I think if a person would like to

really show some REAL RESPECT it should comesfrom the heart. I mean there's no other true and pure

respect than it coming from the heart right? And besides like someone here on the forum said (I believe it was nadine, not sure though) we can't make all people love or be a fan of shinhwa. its their own choice.

oh and about the handmovements....yeah i have to agree

with you on that too....seriously they're the host, it's part of their job to do some research on their guests or any

topic that they are about to show. i gotta say that is really disrespectful.

on the good side though....

welcome stupidfactory!!!! don't worry i've only been of shinhwa last year. so yeah at

times it does sucks not knowing them earlier. but hey at least we're part of the thousands of fans of who love SHINHWA

to death!!!!

uhmmm about hyesung being awkward with eric....i don't think his ever mentioned a reason for it before. someone

please correct me if I'm wrong. :sweatingbullets:

but you know what at times I think hyesung and eric actually have more in common than we think they do.

I don't why but I really think that way about those two. hmmmm....

Guest gravitie

I'm the same as you stupidfactory!

I mean, I knew Shinhwa very very long ago (around..5 years ago?), started listening to their songs and solo albums last year, and only this year I'm a fan. LOL! But I've no regrets now hee.

They are truly legends. So professional in their work, but can be superrrr dorky and crazy and all. Their relationship with each other is no joke too, so close! I mean, do you see other boybands kiss each other like 5948752329 times? Gah I love these guys :D

Oh and, I've something to ask. I remember seeing this thread at the KR Celeb Photos section in Soompi. It has quite a huge list of Shinhwa's Interview clips+screencaps. Anyone has the link to it?

^ New Shinhwa fan. Cool ^^

The thread you mentioned wouldn't happen to be this one, would it? :)

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91025

----

miaka0210 - Yeah, very true, not necessarily everyone is a fan and it is a bit weird when they're told to say they're fans and they don't even know the signature shinhwa move :sweatingbullets: I mean, I feel awkward watching it on TV...imagine what's it like to be the focus of those comments...to feel thankful or apologetic? I think most of the members just take it in stride...but you know our innocent, wear-his-emotions-on-his-sleeve Jinnie...he just didn't know what to do with himself on one of the golden bell eps. So cute ^^

----

It's interesting to read about the length of time everyone has been a fan. I guess when Shinhwa sucks you in, they really suck you in, because I really can't tell new from old fans ^^ Everyone speaks 'Shinhwa' like everyone's been fans forever :)

Guest picklypickly

Anyway, I've been diggin Shinhwa's old videos on YT lately. Lmao. Absolutely adore ricdy<333333 They're so cute tgt.

Btw, anyone here has pictures of ricdy? =D

ask and ye shall receive. =) hope they're unseen. credits to the original uploader. 2 gifs & 2 pics.

ricdy-1.gifricdy.gif

wink.jpgricdy2.jpg

Guest stupidfactory

That's really cool. And yeah. Better to be late then never. Haha. I'm lovin Shinhwa day by day XDDDD

miaka0210: Eric and Hyesung, they're so, weirdly cute together. lmao! The way Hyesung tries to move away from Eric when he comes close, it's just hilarious XD

crystalis: OMO! Yesss~ That's the thread! Heh. I've been looking for it. Seriously, Shinhwa's interviews are the wackiest ever! XD They're so nice to watch. It makes one laugh a lot. I especially love it when Andy pops up out of nowhere, interrupting. lol. And the times where Hyesung's teased XD

picklypickly: THANK YOU~ Ricdy is too adorable!

Oh and, THANKS FOR WELCOMING ME. Heh

Guest jangneri

picklypickly, may I know if you have the original picture of your icon~? It's my first time seeing that picture... :D

stupidfactory, like the others said, better late than never. I've known Shinhwa since 2002 (around their 5th jib) but I never actually paid attention to them (I was more into FTTS and Kangta at that time) until Minwoo released his solo album and Hyesung formed S with Kang Ta and Ji Hoon. I got hooked around the time they ended their 7th jib activities~

Guest evelynphuong

@: about Hyesung and Eric, my friend who is a RikSung-addited said that they used to be very close to each other, but after an incident that Eric accidentally kissed Hyesung XD so that Hyesung never let Eric get close to him XDD

but i must admit that it`s very hilarious when seeing Eric always tries to move closer to Hyesung and Hyesung will push him away XD maybe that makes them become the most fav couple in Shinhwa *as my friend said that*

about the period time being a Shinhwa fan~ yes, as everyone said "late is better than never" i`ve just loved them for 2 yrs and a half... i got to know them when i watched Battle Shinhwa on Arirang... and once when Arirang re-broadcast MKMF 2005 which MinSung attended and... when i saw them sit there and dance along T.O.P which Super junior was performing on stage, i was jumping up and down like crazy or a fangirl ^^ , and i feel it great when the dance-moves of their songs may seem to be in their blood and when music plays, they come out naturally and really cute XDD

:rolleyes: yes i found out my love for Shinhwa that way and from that moment i know i will love Shinhwa for my whole life :wub:

Guest hazrinaer

mmmmm..well I also a new shinhwa fan.I know them last year.

the only album that I have only 9th jib.

I know shinhwa from love letter season 1 and xman.

I love to see them in variety show together.

Guest nglkt

Since everyone's talking abt how they became fans...

It's like 천생연분! Like it's fate...

I happened to hear this song when I was 10. I loved that song so much but I had no idea who sang it.

I started listening to korean songs when I was 13... Around 3 years back... But I wasn't really a huge fan of them.

I only became a big fan after all those variety shows and BRAND NEW.<= It's my all time fav.

And that's when I heard that song again. THAT SONG. I heard it when I was 10. I heard it again.

I was OH... It's all meant to be.... It definitely brought back a lot of fond memories...

That song was PERFECT MAN.

So honestly speaking, I haven't been a fan for a very long time... 1 year? But I'm really glad that I became one.

Guest Rozzy

dvdheaven has just listed this new shinhwa dvd.

si_20080617_12.jpg

DVD] Shin Hwa : The Greatest Artist SHINHWA in 1998-2007

Sales Price : USD37.985

si_20080617_14.jpg

ahh! i want! =]. and it says it has english subs too! =D.

Guest rainie_chu

^ Yeah, my bank account is seriously dying. D: Ugh why? T_T; There's a 9th jib repackaged version too. Although I do get the point for that. A repack will help them hit the 100,000 faster.

I became a Shinhwa fan around August 2005. I was into Mandpop at that time but my best friend kept making me watch XMAN. Then I noticed this guy who was so funny, he was so shy but competitive and he kept getting mad if someone beat him at anything. He looked like a cat too! That guy turned out to be Hyesung. I listened to "How Do I Say" and the rest is history. LOL!

Guest aindy

[08.06.17] [info] Shinhwa 9th jib Limited Edition Repackage

*only 20,000 copies?! it's not enough to go round!*

Shinhwa 9th Jib Special Limited Edition Repackage sales info

1. Album name: Shinhwa 9th jib (White Edition)

2. Price: 19,300 KRW

3. Only 20,000 copies available

4. Package specifications

- 120 page photobook (new photos)

- Poster (new concept)

- Serial number

*More accurate information will be released about the reservation registration on 26 June.

Thank you.

Source: O6

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[08.06.16] [News] Junjin signs 3-year contract worth 500mil won with Open World

[08.06.17] [Notice] "Together with JunJin" Okinawa Travel Tour

[08.06.17] [Open World Notice] M Lee Minwoo Daegu's Fansign

[08.06.17] [Open World Notice] M Start Bear signature notice

[08.06.17] [News] Reggae Eric, Chil Woo Eric - Handmade Eric dolls

Archived