[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest aindy

5/8 [news] Dongwan's Solo Title Track is a Ballad

MAY TAKE OUT WITH PROPER CREDITS

200705081625127590os0.jpg

Shinhwa's Kim Dongwan will release his solo album in June.

Recently, Kim Dongwan signed a contract with H2 Entertainment, and with the target of releasing his album in June, he is working hard in producing his album.

A representative of the company said on 8th, "Even though the whole concept has not been decided, the title track is already decided to be a ballad song", and "This is his first solo album, and will appear in front of the fans with pop, ballad, R&B, and dance songs."

The special thing is, this album also has a song which is composed by Lee Minwoo, who has just set up his music company M Rising, and everybody has high anticipation for this song.

After acting in SBS "Lovers" in March, Kim Dongwan has started preparations as a gasoo. Through his company, he said, "I want to show everyone my unique music and style which I couldn't show when I am in Shinhwa".

Kim Dongwan, who will focus on Shinhwa's 9th album an acting activities in the second half of this year, said, "All the members think that the group Shinhwa will walk on forever. Shinhwa exists and survives because of the fans' support. Thank you fans, and we believe in the fans as well." This shows his love for Shinhwa and that he will never let go of the group Shinhwa.

Credits: Newsen (source), 东升西落@bestshinhwa (cn translation), cognizantfire@angelicalharmony (eng translation), angelicalharmony, cognizantfire@shinhwachangjo, shinhwachangjo

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the good news!

WOW, THREE of them will be releasing albums/single in June? Dongwan, Minwoo, and Hyesung? Going to be exciting June! LOL! Hopefully ALOT of promotion.....variety shows! They can be in the shows together! Wouldn't that be exciting?

It's interesting that Dongwan's is singing ballad...I thought his style will be more of a "rock"? Either way, can't wait to see him and hear him!

ohh so many new members.. i'm sorry i wasn't there to welcome each of you..

oh woww... 2 great news for today!!!! i was jumping and clapping when i was reading it.. lol.. well, dongwan's soon-to-be-released album isn't really new.. but the fact that it's produced by MINWOO!!!! and he's minwoo's first costumer... can he still be called a customer when he doesn't pay anything?? lol...

and the 2nd news.. minwoo will enter the US market in june???? really?? i won't put high hopes for it though.. how can it be so sudden??? bi hasn't even made his debut and his plan was already announced since feb last year..

actually, when i heard about bi and se7en's plan to enter the US market, i kinda hoped that our shinhwa boys wouldn't do the same.. i really don't like US entertainment industry.. i want them to stay in korea, do activities together as shinhwa, and just have fun.. but i guess they can't be kids forever.. i just went over their 2004 videos.. they laugh a lot.. and they laugh so happily.. i'm afraid they can't laugh like that in here.. and it's not that easy to break into us music industry.. chance of failure is really high.. you just don't expect to succeed with the first album.. ahh i dunno whether i should agree with this.. on one side i will be the proudest fan if one shinhwa member can break into the us market.. but on the other hand i just don't want that innocent smile to leave his face.. well, i'll support him for sure if he really enters the us market..

I'm excited, but like you and I'm sure many other fans out there, I'm a bit apprehensive about Minwoo coming into the US entertainment biz. It is very hard to break into the industry over here. Actually, to be honest, its hard for ANY asian foreign artist/actor/actress to break out here period. If he does come over here, I will do everything I can to support him!! But like you, I don't want that innocent smile to leave either..it'll just break my heart.

cutipad thanks for the new calendar of MinWoo!!

Guest miriya

thanks for the news about dongwan, aindy!

I'm so excited *-*

Hm, what I'm wondering right now, as a newbie-fan, why is Shinhwa called Shinhwa? Maybe this is a weird question, but isn't it an unusual name for a korean group? A reasonable one-word name? :P I just would like to know who came up with this name. The company? 'Cause it doesn't sound "sm town"ish at all to me. And newcomers being called a legend is somehow weird too, but they were so right in the end :)

thanks for the news about dongwan, aindy!

I'm so excited *-*

Hm, what I'm wondering right now, as a newbie-fan, why is Shinhwa called Shinhwa? Maybe this is a weird question, but isn't it an unusual name for a korean group? A reasonable one-word name? :P I just would like to know who came up with this name. The company? 'Cause it doesn't sound "sm town"ish at all to me. And newcomers being called a legend is somehow weird too, but they were so right in the end :)

hey miriya, welcome to the obsession known as shinhwa! you'll find that you'll be unable to pull away from these six hot men. ^^

as far as i know, shinhwa (신화) means legend in korean - and i think sm came up with the name in hopes that they will be a legend. which they have already proved, being the longest running boy group in korean history <3

now that you mention it, the name shinhwa is really different from other music groups at that time, because they were usually all abbreviations. HOT, SES, NRG, FinKL, etc.

i guess that's because shinhwa is just that special :D

Guest samshiku

ello everyone! just made these^^

dongeric5vu2.gif

eric228dd2.gif

and please click on my siggie for the link to the pic thread...i just did a mini pic-spam not too long ago^^

Guest nutzie

oh my God, eric with the mic thingy is so funny~~ it's just so him, yet at the same time, it's weirdd!! thanks xh!!

actually, minwoo entering the US market.. hmm.. there's 2 sides to it i guess.. firstly, it's good if he's the first one to break the US market.. he won't be labeled as a copycat.. yet, as the first one, we don't know what the reaction of the US audience will be.. i mean, for us [well, k-pop fans who're living in the US] we know what he's capable of, his styles of dance and music, etc.. but we're not sure of what the foreign audience will think.. as far as i know [correct me if i'm wrong though, cos i don't follow the US entertainment industry much] this has never happened before, not from asia at least.. so if he fails, then bi and se7en would think twice about following his footsteps, cos they don't want to be ridiculed the same way..

but on the other hand, if he succeeds, i think the US market will be more acceptable of asian influences in their industry.. and who knows, because it's M, maybe shinhwa will have a chance to have promotional activities in US too..

Guest v3ronicakim

i just watched the funniest movie ever.and guess who was in it.SHINHWA!!!!

긴급조지19호 (Emergency Measure No. 19)

im going to upload it on megaupload in like five seconds.

they have like a 5 minute roll but it is the funniest 5 minutes EVER.

its a hilarious movie about the government putting the singers in jail in fear of them running for presidency because they found out that in america all of these singers are like into government titles and whatever.

this is the link for their part on youtube:

they cuss so much in the movie and its like not as funny for non fluent korean speakers but its still funny the link has english subs.

Guest paigehk

hahaha..yeah Shinhwa's parts in Emergency Measure was hilarious. I watched that part over and over again. I haven't been active on Shinhwa news lately...so I really don't know what is going on. But I heard that their 9th album will be coming out in Fall, is that true?

Guest miriya

now that you mention it, the name shinhwa is really different from other music groups at that time, because they were usually all abbreviations. HOT, SES, NRG, FinKL, etc.

i guess that's because shinhwa is just that special :D

I thought so, too... And a lot of names in k-pop make me wonder if they are meant to make any sense at all or simply should look "cool" - no offense XD

Shinhwa is unusually plain(?) [argh, i need to improve my english >_>] and it's korean, too. I wonder why they wanted the name for them... i guess it was fate :D

v3ronicakim

thanks for the link, that is hilarious!

And i don't know why, but i love Hyesungs voice in this clip. I always love his voice, when he's singing, laughing, speaking... but i love it even more in this clip... weird :blink:

Guest nutzie

hahahah i love the shinhwa part the most in em19.. even my brother thought it was silly.. maybe i'm biased, but the shinhwa part is the most entertaining one out of the whole movie =P i wonder what happens if they remake the movie in the year 2007 =P

paigehk - yep, should be coming out in the fall.. hopefully there's no delay or anything..

Guest angel2nyt

I thought so, too... And a lot of names in k-pop make me wonder if they are meant to make any sense at all or simply should look "cool" - no offense XD

Shinhwa is unusually plain(?) [argh, i need to improve my english >_>] and it's korean, too. I wonder why they wanted the name for them... i guess it was fate :D

actually i think a lot of kpop band names are not cool and sometimes they have weird meanings

the reason why shinhwa was called shinhwa, is because right from the start.. sm wanted them to THE SHINHWA.. meaning to be legends in the field(you know they being a huge, huge thing)

i cant really explain it.. koreans has this thing about words, expressions

and i think another reason why they named them shinhwa.. is (tell me im not right)because shinhwa is still pronounced as shinhwa in chinese, and during the time shinhwa was just starting, sm wanted to push through with the booming chinese market

paigehk - yup september or october

huff just finished qss 7..

at first i was lamenting on why things turned out that way.. tae joo is like a rag doll being tossed back and forth by hyerin and joonhyuk.. brat, come to me, and i'll keep you as my rag doll ^-^v am i weird or what? i thought the last part of tae joo quitting was so hott!! he looks evil and sarcastic, but i can't help smiling the whole time O_o" okay i admit i'm weird.. but dudee, that was so hot, the way he got back at hyerin.. i want tae joo - eun soo back T-T

i soo can't wait for the next episode.. amy, if you see this, i love you!!! oh is there anyway i can get the files? i want to burn it for my aunt, since she's a k-drama freak.. hohohoho.. i can send it to her and let her watch it, so she can see the hotness of eric =P

^ lolz, you are welcome. You're not weird...was totally grinning myself ^^

As for the files, they're compilated on soompi by xena in the qss thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=5522048

But since I don't update it myself on soompi, it's not as up to date on previews, mvs, the latest episode etc. so it might be better to get them from www.shinhwachangjo.net or www.shinhwa.biz/forums since I always upload there before I do on youtube.

Haven't posted in here for awhile...busy with eric's drama >.< Good thing it's before Minwoo's new album cuz I don't know if I would have the attention span to sub it otherwise...Minwoo would be too distracting :) since dance music was the reason I fell in love with Shinhwa in the first place. I would be too busy staring at him lolz I want to hear and see some new stuff from minbong bong so badly~ T.T Contrary to Bi and se7en, M is entering the US market as a composer, right? At least, I hope so. If he's able to write a hit song, even if he doesn't sing it...it should garner some attention. If his music can touch people first, it's only a matter of time before his person does ^^ Even though success seems unlikely, I'm glad that Minwoo is touching the US market...then we can truly say ShinHwa has gone international.

Guest nutzie

ahh thanks amy~!! i'll go check the qss thread soon.. hahahah if you want to get distracted by minwoo, i guess that can't be helped.. who can resist his charisma after all? but i'll be waiting for you to get back to eric's drama when the time comes =P hmm.. i wish he would come to canada too.. =( i bet lynda and xtine will be freaking themselves out..

oh my God, eric with the mic thingy is so funny~~ it's just so him, yet at the same time, it's weirdd!! thanks xh!!

actually, minwoo entering the US market.. hmm.. there's 2 sides to it i guess.. firstly, it's good if he's the first one to break the US market.. he won't be labeled as a copycat.. yet, as the first one, we don't know what the reaction of the US audience will be.. i mean, for us [well, k-pop fans who're living in the US] we know what he's capable of, his styles of dance and music, etc.. but we're not sure of what the foreign audience will think.. as far as i know [correct me if i'm wrong though, cos i don't follow the US entertainment industry much] this has never happened before, not from asia at least.. so if he fails, then bi and se7en would think twice about following his footsteps, cos they don't want to be ridiculed the same way..

but on the other hand, if he succeeds, i think the US market will be more acceptable of asian influences in their industry.. and who knows, because it's M, maybe shinhwa will have a chance to have promotional activities in US too..

yeah, i agree with you. i'm really scared about him trying to make the US market, i mean, i dont' doubt minwoo's talents. he is incredibly talented in every aspect its just, no asian has ever succeeded. and minwoos english isnt quite FLUENT like some of the other people that have attempted to break into the american music industry.

when did he decide to enter the US market? i only heard about this yesterday =P

and what are his plans for the US?

just releasing a cd?

i remember hearing about him and timbaland... not sure if thats official yet though =P

Guest Somdary

I seriously cannot wait for Dongwan Oppa's first album!

I just know it's going to be a huge hit!

Everyone loves him. He sings so incredibly well too! <3

I am going to support him 110%

Guest samshiku

wow i've nv seen the thread pushed that far back o_O.

anywayz, i think minwoo is not really trying to BREAK into the market i think it just means that he is gonna start selling his albums there more like.

i like the fact that he is not particularly making 'breaking into the US market' a number one priority cos i think think he knows his limits and the industry, unlike eg. rain / se7en, he is more like dipping his toe into the US market cos i think he's aware that he has fans in the US...therefore the agreement to start distribution of his album officially in the US.

and if pple like Timberland respect minwoo's talents i think its really wise of him to not push that advantage but play it cool^^

and abt the name thing...well besides the romantic notion of how they were born to be 'legends', i think it's probably bcos they weren't the focus of SM then..i have a feeling they were planned to just 'fill up' SM town and to just bring in a more 'localized' flavor. i dunno....it's probably bcos its not an english name like H.O.T or Baby V.O.X etc that prompt me to feel that they were not planned for overseas-popularity.

wow i've nv seen the thread pushed that far back o_O.

anywayz, i think minwoo is not really trying to BREAK into the market i think it just means that he is gonna start selling his albums there more like.

i like the fact that he is not particularly making 'breaking into the US market' a number one priority cos i think think he knows his limits and the industry, unlike eg. rain / se7en, he is more like dipping his toe into the US market cos i think he's aware that he has fans in the US...therefore the agreement to start distribution of his album officially in the US.

and if pple like Timberland respect minwoo's talents i think its really wise of him to not push that advantage but play it cool^^

and abt the name thing...well besides the romantic notion of how they were born to be 'legends', i think it's probably bcos they weren't the focus of SM then..i have a feeling they were planned to just 'fill up' SM town and to just bring in a more 'localized' flavor. i dunno....it's probably bcos its not an english name like H.O.T or Baby V.O.X etc that prompt me to feel that they were not planned for overseas-popularity.

ooooooooooh okay i get it now

so hes not going to start performing and make like an american cd or anyting right? hes just going to release his korean albums there?

ahh i see. thank you for clearing that up =)

Guest miss':bella

HM.

I am waiting for Dongwan, Hyesung, and Minwoo's album in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, can you guys feel the competition already? HEE HEE xD

Archived