[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest midnightgirl

“Our orange princesses, don’t worry. You have us. All the pain and the hardships, we will take care of it all."

Try harder to break Shinhwa and SHCJ. We're here to stay whether you like it or not. B)

woah, I just posted that quote on my tumblr!

Oh yeah, have you guys seen it? Shinhwa is #1 on Mnet, MusicStar, and GomTV! Please continue to support our guys and vote for them! Spread the word to all the SHCJs about our daily to do list. Ya'll don't even know, I have like 10 windows of TubeReplay going replaying Venus over and over again, and I made like 10 twitter accounts to vote for them on Mnet. :))

Oh yeah, does anyone know if there's a Eng subbed version of Shinhwa's episode on RadioStar/Golden Fishery? Or if anyone is currently subbing it? Haven't heard much about it.

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WitchGoddess

Ah I saw the latest Shinhwa Broadcast

Its so funny. I have to say I would not mind being attacked my Minwoo's kisses like Andy was lol.

And we got to see a lot of Jinsung love today

Have you guys seen the video from eatyourkimchi about Shinhwa??

Thoughts?

I don't think they realized the beast (SHCJ) that they just unleashed...

Anyways, I could care less about all those with negative things to say about Shinhwa. All that matters is our oppas kept their promise and that they're having a spectacular comeback! Winning awards and such would just be the cherry to top it all off.

But wouldn't that be nice if they did win awards? So remember to do your daily to-do list and support our oppas!

Just saw it. Left them my two cents too. Huh!

Guest fresh

Shinhwa broadcast was so funny. Minwoo and his kungfu skills haha. But I also felt sad because Hyesung was trying very hard although he must be careful because of his knees. We won't be able to see him fool around like that anymore. And Andy was wearing a back harness. sigghhhh

Guest wasabii_soo

I don't understand why some people keep talking about Shinhwa's members' age.

Like, I saw someone said "they should maybe go with a ballad, something for their age....you know?"

I got so mad. Like seriously, what does age have to do with singing and dancing? If they got the energy and power, why not? Does age really matters? Age is just a number, seriously.

Anyway. I'll just let the other people think what they think.

I'll forever support Shinhwa in whatever they do, no matter how old they are. <3

Have you guys seen the video from eatyourkimchi about Shinhwa??

Thoughts?

I don't think they realized the beast (SHCJ) that they just unleashed...

Anyways, I could care less about all those with negative things to say about Shinhwa. All that matters is our oppas kept their promise and that they're having a spectacular comeback! Winning awards and such would just be the cherry to top it all off.

But wouldn't that be nice if they did win awards? So remember to do your daily to-do list and support our oppas!

One, Two Punch. I left few logical comments... followed by a rainbow of poetic rhymes

Guest windchijmes

Hello all. ^_^ I've never been active on the Shinhwa forums, to be honest. So maybe I'll do a bit of self-introduction first. I first got into Kpop when I was 17. Back then, I was into SechsKies and I saw Shinhwa as upstarts trying to take over my idols. Yeah, crazy, I know, but well, back then the Kpop world was dominated by H.O.T and SechsKies. Then, the inevitable happened. Both H.O.T and SechsKies disbanded and in the midst of my withdrawal, Shinhwa came out with the truly amazing song T.O.P. That totally changed my perception of my them and I guess something clicked because it's always been Shinhwa for me since.

Over the years, although I've always loved Shinhwa, there were times when I got caught up with everything else in life and forgot about them. At around the same time, cracks appeared in the group that I naively thought was infallible. SM Entertainment, for all their credit in creating the group I love, used them, beat them, discarded them. Andy left and Shinhwa became a 5-some. I grew older and with that, came all the issues that accompanied adulthood - expectations, graduation, working, bills, etc.

And maybe it's fate or something, the cracks mended. Not by themselves, but by the sheer perseverance of the Shinhwa members and an enviably steadfast friendship between the members. For the second time, I looked at Shinhwa with new eyes. Not just as an idol group, but as individuals whose paths crossed and against all odds, forged a friendship that stood the test of time. The fangirl in me returned, this time with a deep respect for Shinhwa. When the members embarked on their 4-year hiatus, I reluctantly went on with Real Life (because that's what we do...outside of fangirling, lol), but with the kind of calm, unwavering confidence in the return of my idols. Shinhwa made a promise to the fans, and I had no doubt they would fulfill it.

Now, 13 years later from the time when I first fell in love with Shinhwa (yes you know my age now *cough*), the members are older and so am I. But together with their exuberant and triumphant return to the entertainment scene, it may sound corny, but I honestly feel like I'm suddenly back to that time when I was 17 and discovering Shinhwa for the first time. I am now digging up all news articles, videos, forum discussions on them like a crazed newbie fan - everyday, several times a day. And thank the heavens for the revolution of technology, there are HD 1080p videos of my idols now! Damn those times when I had to record their TV appearances with the stupid VCR and bulky video tapes, grrr. But you know what, I am relishing it - with every ounce of enthusiasm I can summon, and with every second of time I can possibly squeeze out. ^_~ The naysayers and the anti fans can say all they want. I'm not pleased of course; there are occasions when I feel like respectfully asking these people to shut up, but I bask in the comfort that when all has been said and done, Shinhwa is still here and so am I, as a fan. We've all been there, and done that.

I hadn't actually planned to join this discussion with a self-introductory essay. Sorry to put you through this, everyone. ^^;; Please skip this post if you need to! It's just, you know, being a Shinhwa fan for so long, when I talk about it, there's just...so much to ramble about, lol. Once again, a big hi to everyone and do keep the comments coming. I may not be as zealous when it comes to commenting, but I absolutely love reading every single post (even if it's just 1 fangirly line!) from all you guys. What can I say? Being in this forum with Shinhwa fans feels like home! ^^

Guest miaka0210

although i've always hated those kinds of comments....well we can't really do anything about

it other than to try and give our biggest support to SHINHWA. Because in the end what matters

is SHINHWA. So let's just all try to think positive and do our daily SHINHWA- to-do-list.

On a good note though, hopefully this will bring some happy faces in this thread again..... i just

saw that 3 of shinhwa's songs debuted on the Korea's billboard chart, Venus #6 , Hurts #30,

and On the Road #48. I gotta say #6 is not bad especially since it's been a long time that they've actually promoted an album. So yup!!! I'm soooo proud of our shinhwa boys!!! Woohoo!!!

when i said im fans of SHINHWA, im a shinhwa changjo too..people around me said: wah...you are the true kpop fans^^

hehehe....shinhwa is the 2nd kpop group that i know after dbsk. back in 2006...it's pretty late but im still glad tht i know shinhwa..^^

Guest rice_baby

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinhwaForeverSF

Has worked pretty fast to translate ShinHwa's YouTube videos and their WinWin appearance

(which I recommend you all watch >_<), even going as far as to reupload~

>> Win Win 3/13/12 >> Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

http://www.youtube.com/user/Oumae25

Has the first 2 episodes of ShinHwa's Broadcast unsubbed (still a good watch if you don't understand :P)

>> ShinHwa Broadcast >> Ep. 1, Ep. 2

*quoted image*

^ one of my favorite parts from the broadcast :P

Thank you tetsuya! Finally, I get to understand everything from winwin. *Edit: Nevermind. Darn KBS*

Can't wait for their next performance.

*waves to windchijmes* Hi!! I really enjoyed your 'essay/post' haha. It made me forget all those not-so-great things people have been saying about Shinhwa and made me reminisce about the time I first new Shinhwa blush.gif .

It's really nice being in here and talking..uh...I mean typing...?...oh chatting...with people who share the same passion as I do. My family doesn't listen to Kpop (I have an aunt who listens to Big Bang, but I can't share with her my experience with Shinhwa because she's just...weird haha) so I don't have anyone to talk to about Shinhwa. That is why I'm so glad there's this kind of website where you can chat with a whole bunch of other awesome people!! I love you guys really :tears:. Even though we've never met, because of Shinhwa, I feel like we're a family...lets all continue to stand together with Shinhwa! SHINHWA CHANGJO FOREVER!

Does anyone know if the Shinhwa's second ep with Win Win has been subbed??? I've forgotten all about it... I'm so bad seriously :crazy: !

Guest midnightgirl

Now, 13 years later from the time when I first fell in love with Shinhwa (yes you know my age now *cough*), the members are older and so am I. But together with their exuberant and triumphant return to the entertainment scene, it may sound corny, but I honestly feel like I'm suddenly back to that time when I was 17 and discovering Shinhwa for the first time. I am now digging up all news articles, videos, forum discussions on them like a crazed newbie fan - everyday, several times a day. And thank the heavens for the revolution of technology, there are HD 1080p videos of my idols now! Damn those times when I had to record their TV appearances with the stupid VCR and bulky video tapes, grrr. But you know what, I am relishing it - with every ounce of enthusiasm I can summon, and with every second of time I can possibly squeeze out. ^_~ The naysayers and the anti fans can say all they want. I'm not pleased of course; there are occasions when I feel like respectfully asking these people to shut up, but I bask in the comfort that when all has been said and done, Shinhwa is still here and so am I, as a fan. We've all been there, and done that.

Thank you for your story, it was great reading it! Like you said, feels so good to be able to hear all of these stories from other Shinhwa fans. I live in the U.S. in Portland, OR and I'd be lucky if I ever found other Shinhwa fans. Over the years I've fangirled so much that the people around me actually know who Shinhwa are and are actually into their songs! I can totally relate to what you're saying though I'm only in my 20s. I used to have a VHS tape of all the Shinhwa, BoA, and FTTS music videos among the many that I would watch all the time. I would replay perfect man every morning before going to school haha. During the 4 years Shinhwa was on break, I completely left the Kpop music scene as it coincided with the time I entered college and had more obligations to worry about. Now it feels so good to see all this Shinhwa stuff going on. I'm like googling their articles, watching their videos, saving their pictures, voting for them everywhere and staying up till 3 and 4 in the morning just to catch their music show performances.

Ahhhhh, it just feels sooooooooo good for them to be back!

actually the video just reminds me of how superficial the kpop industry is.  music can transcend time and an artist's age shouldn't matter in the face of talent and passion, but I guess in a world where so much revolves around beauty and youth, having such a legendary group come back despite all the odds of the kpop industry is just strange and unsettling to a lot of people.  until now, most only know it as the shiny and new, and unfortunately, not long lasting either.  but music's something that's enjoyed by people of all ages and it just seems like newer fans fail to realize that in the end, that's all kpop is - music.  eventually people will realize how dumb they sounded when they called singers too old for singing lol.

anyway, I'm really glad shinhwa's back!  it's been soo long since I first became their fan, but when I watch Venus, it's like it was only yesterday that I was 12 and fangirling over them in front of my parent's computer.   I remember dling from... kazaa? or limewire? with dialup internet just to see videos of them goofing off and would race to the tv once I got home in hopes of catching a glimpse of them on the asian channel's KMC laugh.gif.  man life for international fans was difficult back then!  now everything's subbed and easily accessible on sites like youtube and I have soompi.  newer kpop fans are soo sooo lucky!  

it's nice seeing this thread active again even though I'm a lurker (hi guys! haha).  poor soompi's pretty dead nowadays, but I guess shinhwa gives us older fans a reason to spend more time here again!

actually the video just reminds me of how superficial the kpop industry is.  music can transcend time and an artist's age shouldn't matter in the face of talent and passion, but I guess in a world where so much revolves around beauty and youth, having such a legendary group come back despite all the odds of the kpop industry is just strange and unsettling to a lot of people.  until now, most only know it as the shiny and new, and unfortunately, not long lasting either.  but music's something that's enjoyed by people of all ages and it just seems like newer fans fail to realize that in the end, that's all kpop is - music.  eventually people will realize how dumb they sounded when they called singers too old for singing lol

the thing I DONT understand is that these same fans.... can SPAZZ over these actors who are in their 30's but not for singers who are in their 30s....

What is this double standard?

Guest wasabii_soo

After reading you guys' post, I feel so much better

As lhjj said, I feel like it's a home here .__. and you SHCJ are like a family even though I don't know you

Although I haven't been in this thread at the beginning, I've always been a SHCJ ever since I discovered them 7 years ago.

I got so addicted and obsessed with them that I watched pretty much all their Love Letters videos & some X-Men videos. They are really the variety king LOL <3

I was a bit too young back then to look for more news & updates on them, and they weren't really active, so after a while, I've lost interest in Kpop. A few years later, I got back to Kpop when I discovered Big Bang and ever since then, I've been updating myself with Kpop stuff and thank god, Shinhwa still have solo activites, although I would prefer them as 6! But I still get my Shinhwa dose :3 I bought their 10th anniversary album because I know it's really meaningful and I felt like I should really support them as a real SHCJ <3

There is something special about them that makes them irreplaceable, I think it's their bond, friendship, love. I don't even think there's word to describe it, but yeah I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)

ANYWAY,

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SHINHWA SONG? :D

I have quite a few, especially from their recent album.........(in no specific order)

Angel

Deep Sorrow

Brand New

Venus

On The Road

Hurts

mmhh.........I would go with Angel ^^

I love Perfect Man, Brand New, Run, Deep Sorrow, Hurts, Dashi Han Beonman, Let It Go, On the Road, Wild Eyes... Ok that's a lot. Ultimate favourite is Brand New. :)

Anyone watched the latest episode of Shinhwa Broadcast? Ricsung and the bird family are absolute love~ <3 I wonder what's their future episode themes gonna be now that Hyesung injured his knees and Andy still has back pain... =/

I hadn't actually planned to join this discussion with a self-introductory essay. Sorry to put you through this, everyone. ^^;; Please skip this post if you need to! It's just, you know, being a Shinhwa fan for so long, when I talk about it, there's just...so much to ramble about, lol. Once again, a big hi to everyone and do keep the comments coming. I may not be as zealous when it comes to commenting, but I absolutely love reading every single post (even if it's just 1 fangirly line!) from all you guys. What can I say? Being in this forum with Shinhwa  fans feels like home! ^^

^ HI :)

This was an awesome intro to read :D Trufax that H.O.T. and Sechkies did find shinhwa changjo a bit annoying back then ^^: We all friends now lol

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work on those translations you did back then on shinhwa videos *hugs*

And welcome back :) this isn't just a comeback for shinhwa, it's a comeback for shinhwa changjo too.

Archived