Arashi

Guest lilangelover

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest riehae

I miss watching VS Arashi. I used to dl it, but when the external hard disk that I put those episodes are got broken and lost all the files, I wasn't able to dl again. I got really pissed. Hopefully I'll have enough disk space in my other external hard disks and dl them once again. :)

Guest jamaians

minna konbanwa!

it's very happy to visit here because many updates about arashi..thank you for sharing

sho kun will appear in uta no oniisan??!!weehh ureshii na,can't wait to see him there,but i like to

see nino too just like he did in maou.

i really love their new BELIEVE PV..it's one of my favorite now..i love aiba there,watching that PV

makes me fall in love to him..nino mo kakkoii!!

riehae you're downloading vs.arashi no?hope you can download it again

727 welcome to arashi's thread

depressionalism..yeah i'm a little lucky to watch them regularly on tv..if

you could see them on tv screen,they are very handsome,they are different from youtube screen hahaha!!

justmelody your icon is very cute,,thanks for sharing!

guys artful_DODGER already asked which arashi's PV you like the most.and now i would like to ask,who's

arashi member you love the most?? :)

me i'm torn between matsujun and ohno..matsujun because of HYD,fell in love to him,and loved him

more in bambino,and ohno in maou,i find him mysterious because his not talkative like the others..

but now after watching BELIEVE many times i'm falling to aiba hahaha!!he's kawaii

there,and i want to hug him cause sometimes his scolded by nino!! ( whew!! : such a long explanation!! :phew: )

jamaians

thanks ^^

answering to your question - I'm also torn between two, but in my case, those are Sakurai and Aiba ♥♥ at first fell in love with Sakurai because he's so smart, intelligent and mature and so on... and he really seems to have a good heart. but lately Aiba is conquering me as well =D yeah, he's kinda baka, but he's very cute, fun and he has this... anno... pure-hearted/naive/innocent boy aura.. ;D

Guest depressionalism

hehe jamaians...i wish i could see them on TV...hehe...i find all the boys cute after seing their videos after another..hehe though my first "love" is Jun!!!hehe

aniwae to share a sneak peek on Sho in Uta No Oniisan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Y4UyWrPqU

can't wait to see this episode next Friday!!!!hahaha

Guest artful_DODGER

The first one is from Arashi Marks Arashi Around Asia 2008 in Tokyo pamphlet. You can find the scans here.

The second one is from Monthly the Television magazine (2008.07.28 - 2008.08.31). You can find the scans here.

Join arashi_yuuki to see them if you haven't already done so. (:

aniwae to share a sneak peek on Sho in Uta No Oniisan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUI9nbtuh0

The way that Ohno said "People say I look like Arashi's leader..." OMG SO CUTE. <3 Then Sho was all "...Ohno? Ah~" ^^

The translation for that clip is here if you want to read it. Ohno is so sweet to help promote "Yatterman" for Sho. (:

Guest cheldee

ARASHI'S SCHEDULE

(incomplete and does not include schedules for recording of the programs, just the airing dates and stuff. They are VERY busy people aren't they!)

3/2 (Mon)

NTV 22:54-23:58 NEWS ZERO / Sho's regular news program

NTV 23:58-24:28 Arashi no Shukudai-kun/ Guest: Fukada Kyoko

3/4 (Wed)

Release of [believe/Kumori Nochi, Kaisei] Single

Release of Animated PV of 'Believe' PV on sale for mobile download at dwango.jp

Fuji TV 25:38-26:08 Sakigake Ongaku Banzuke ~Jet~ / Ohno Satoshi (Ohno-kun chooses Arashi's best songs etc.)

3/5 (Thurs)

TBS 19:54-20:54 Utaban

TBS 22:00-22:54 Himitsu no Arashi-chan/ Guest: Fukada Kyoko

NHK 24:10-24:40 Music Japan / Yano Kenta starring Satoshi Ohno etc.

3/6 (Fri)

TV Asahi 20:00-20:54 Music Station/ Arashi (other guests: AKB48 GLAY Shibasaki Kou Tohoshinki BoA ROCK'A'TRENCH)

TV Asahi 23:15-24:10 Uta no Onii-san (cameo appearance by Sho on Ohno's drama)

NTV 26:05-26:35 Cinema Guide, Yatterman Special /Sho

3/7 (Sat)

Yatterman Premiere/Sakurai Sho

Fuji TV 12:59-13:30 VS Arashi/ Guest: Fukada Kyoko

NTV 14:30-15:30 News Zero Special /Sho

TV Asahi 16:00-16:30 Can!Jani /Ohno

NTV 19:00-19:56 Tensai Shimura Doubutsuen/ Aiba (weekly regular prog)

3/8 (Sun)

NTV 21:00 - 21:54 行列のできる法律相談所SP / Sho

3/9 (Mon)

Fuji TV 20:00-21:00 HEY!HEY!HEY!

3/24 (Tue)

NTV 19:00-21:00 Arashi no Jiken-kun & Shukudai-kun Special!

NTV 21:00-22:48 Music Lovers DREAM LIVE 2009 / Sho as Special Presenter and Arashi as guests

3/25 (Wed)

Release of DVD「ARASHI AROUND ASIA 2008 in TOKYO」

3/29 (Sun)

TBS 21:00-23:03 ~~DOOR TO DOOR~~ Special Drama/ Nino as lead actor

4/10 (Fri)

Fuji TV 19:00-20:54 VS Arashi Special

4/15 (Wed)

Release of Nino's [Ryusei no Kizuna] DVD Box set

4/17 (Fri)

TBS 22:00-11:09 First episode of Matsujun's drama 'Smile'

------------

The first one is from Arashi Marks Arashi Around Asia 2008 in Tokyo pamphlet. You can find the scans here.

The second one is from Monthly the Television magazine (2008.07.28 - 2008.08.31). You can find the scans here.

Join arashi_yuuki to see them if you haven't already done so. (:

The way that Ohno said "People say I look like Arashi's leader..." OMG SO CUTE. <3 Then Sho was all "...Ohno? Ah~" ^^

The translation for that clip is here if you want to read it. Ohno is so sweet to help promote "Yatterman" for Sho. (:

thank you (:

ARASHI'S SCHEDULE

4/15 (Wed)

Release of Nino's [Ryusei no Kizuna] DVD Box set

------------

where will it be release?

japan?

will it be release at other countries?

Guest jeniez

Thanks everyone for all of the Arashi's updates, links and schedules. I'm so happy that this thread is moving and alive.

I love the Believe PV- it has the same feel as Truth, which i absolutely love. I really like the mature Arashi's image that they have going on now. I liked their bright and colorful image before, but I think this image right now suits them the best.

As for Favorite Arashi's member~ mine is Nino :wub: Before, I always watch Arashi on Music Station and Heyx3 and I liked their songs, but I wasn't a huge fan or anything. Then one day, I happened to catch Letter from Iwo Jima on TV and I fell in love in Nino (heck, I didn't even know that he was in that movie). I was so moved by his performance in that movie that I started watching his other dramas and movies. And before I knew it, I started watching Arashi's PVs, concerts and variety shows and just became a huge fan of them. Nino was my gateway to Arashi and although he's my favorite, I really love all of the members. I've never seen any group that is so close and so natural with each other, they always look out for each other and on top of that they're funny as heck. Gosh I just love them! Can't wait until I get the Believe single and AAA 2008 DVD~ tanoshimi!!!

Guest lisaaa

sho is so cute in utaoni :P can't wait for the episode!

i didn't know ohno is gonna perform his song on MUSIC JAPAN! cool :D

Guest cheldee

crispy.donuts`: The Official Ryusei no Kizuna DVD box set will be released only in Japan. And it's...very expensive. It's available here at CDJapan for 19000 Yen (approx. USD193). Yikes...DVDs and especially drama dvds cost so much there. :blink:

jeniez: Totally agree with you, even though I have a favorite member (Aiba-chan), I really love all 5 of them. Have been their fan for 4 years now and having 'strayed' from time to time to other groups, but always coming back to them, this group must have something special going on! And it's amazing how from being one of the least popular JE groups, they have risen to become one of the top ones & arguably the top now, considering how much their CDs sell these days, also they are now acknowledged not just by their fans but by more people in the general public too.

All because finally people have started to take notice of all their good qualities, namely their amazing chemistry, friendship, & their individual personalities and talents across multiple areas! & they are HILARIOUS to boot.

I came across this article somewhere that talks about their struggles before their rise in popularity and it made me very sad. Will post it here if I can find it, or has it already been posted?

Guest lisaaa

^ i'm very interested in reading this article you talk about. can you please post it? :) i'd love to read about their struggles and stuff.

Guest depressionalism

wow thanks for the translation artful_dodger..hehehe..yes i can't wait for it...sure is gg to be hilarious!!!haha

and yes Ohno is gg to be on Music Japan this week...!!!hehe....thanks for the schedule cheldee

hey apparently the other song in their singe Tobira is nice...go listen...hehehe

Guest jamaians

good evening to all!!

thanks to all arashi updates it's raining ne??! :) and for the uta no transcript

and arashi's schedule,they are really busy ne?! can't wait to see

sho on uta no oniisan.. :)

arashi's thread is getting alive thanks to all who's posting,sharing updates here

( depressionalism you're maya right? ) jeniez,zashibear,727,artful_DODGER, lisaaa,

crispy.donuts`,cheldee,justmelody,riehae may i know your names? my name is sara,

nice to meet you all :) i'm happy to visit and post here because the thread is getting

alive and i met some people here.(though i don't know names )

is there anyone here living in japan?if there's anyone i'm happy to meet you :)

i made a fan vid for ohno kun,if you have time guys please watch it.i compiled ohno's

eating scenes in arashi no shukudai kun watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8SpiF7-1xY...hannel_page and i upload

the new corner of matsujun in shukudai kun,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q346Kz6Tk4c...re=channel_page

thank you

Guest cheldee

^ i'm very interested in reading this article you talk about. can you please post it? :) i'd love to read about their struggles and stuff.

I can't seem to find the full article, but I found a summary of it! (sorry m_m if this has already been posted, I checked though~)

Credits to aatash@LJ

Rough title of article: ''After 10 years of struggles, the reasons why Arashi is finally well-loved now"

Struggles Arashi faced:

1) Unlike groups like Kinki Kids and KAT-TUN, Arashi debuted without really knowing each other, without doing any work that allowed fans to see them as a group.

2) Arashi had tons of competitors: above, they had SMAP, TOKIO, Kinki Kids, V6; below, they had Takki & Tsubasa, NEWS, KANJANI8, KAT-TUN and then, HSJ.

3) Although their debut single "A.RA.SHI" sold close to a million copies, their next singles didn't do as well. They dropped to 63 on the Oricon Charts, then 73 for the subsequent one.

4) Many fans saw Arashi as a copy of SMAP, as a group that was continuing SMAP's trend of singing happy, energetic songs.

5) According to Sho, they appeared in news articles and shows, but that sort of thing washed away fast in people's memories, and didn't actually boost their popularity in any way.

6) Jun had a rebellious stage which reached its peak in 2002. He used to be a happy kid until at some point, he started looking unhappy on stage so often, that the members had to apologize for his behaviour. Jun admitted that he was frustrated, frustrated that he was limited within the group, so he became uncooperative and refused to listen to anyone. It's pretty much a blessing that he got the role for Domyoji Tsukasa, because in a professional setting with fellow actors and staff members, he finally got out into the world, and found a place for himself.

Reasons why Arashi rose to the top:

1) Leader Ohno Satoshi. His gentle, soothing personality pulls out the members' own unique personalities.

2) The way members support each other create the image of a group with a tight bond, which people enjoy to watch. Again, going back to Ohno, the reporter noted that on Shukudaikun sets, every member always looks for Ohno, and gives Ohno a chance to speak, because he never does on his own. Even though, the reporter added, a single punchline from him can easily cause ripples of laughter through the audience. Like, when the guest talks about fishing, Nino would start to sneak glances at Ohno to see if he would say anything. Of course, Ohno looks blank as usual, so Nino would get him to speak. It's the way they look after each other that is very appealing.

3) Each member made their own hits and found their own niche in the group - Aiba with variety shows, Sho with news, Nino with Hollywood, Jun with HanaDan, and Ohno with his art exhibition.

4) The change of Pony Canyon to their own recording label, J-Storm. This allowed them to really create the kind of songs they wanted, without the hassle required if they were still on Pony Canyon.

5) They seem hardworking, humble, like trustworthy people who will never betray you. "Like the way Japanese people used to be," a writer's mother said. In other words, Arashi can easily be seen as people, not as some unreachable idol on a faraway star. There's an example of Sho always making sure he promotes the guest's upcoming show/movie/stageplay, to the point of forgetting to promote his own. He would only talk about his own show when someone actually asks him about it.

6) Unlike SMAP, Arashi attracts male fans as well, because they're good-looking but they don't act like hosts, and because boys look at Arashi and think: they look fun to hang out with. Of course, fans no longer think of Arashi as a copy of SMAP anymore.

Interesting facts:

1) Male writer Takeuchi Yoshikazu wrote a book on being an Arashi fan and held a talk about it. Women in their 50s and 60s attended the talk. He said that Arashi is living proof that it's possible to make it big in this industry by just being natural, by being yourself.

2) For the scripts on Shukudaikun, only a general flow of the show is written, without any actual lines for the members. It's proof of how well Arashi can control a talkshow on their own. It also shows that the things they say may actually, truly, be spontaneous. >D

Guest depressionalism

hehe thanks for sharing the above article...

yea its true seeing Jun then and now is much different...

aniwae no matter what these boys are always and forever is the best....

Archived