Utada Hikaru

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

Guest sheart

Me Muero is easily my favorite on this. (:

I'm not going to do a full review or anything, but while listening to this it was one of the only times I thought I really wanted to hear her do a remix album (like Automatic part II mashed with daft punk's Technologic.... but thats just me)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miss betty

her album is a good one for a 'first try'..

overall, her songs are good..

now all she needs is GREAT MARKETING.. that's all..

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

i heard her song on the radio today. on hawaii station 102.7 the bomb. i was so excited to hear it. :w00t:

Guest Explicitj0yee

I hear you don't have to make an appointment

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting Hikki. Skipping work for it. Think we'll be able to get autographs?

my friend called swphora anyway because it says make appointment but the worker there said they won't be accepting appointments because it's not necessary and if we wanna get in we'll have to wait there. And they also said it's from 6 o'clock to 8. The first hour will be a radio interview or something and 2nd hour will be autographs :) I hope she really gives autographs to everyone who at least got in though. I'm excited.

Guest doremii*

I just listened to her full album.. apple and cinnamon & FYI are definitely my favorite tracks.

On & On would've been my favorite if it didn't have that annoying guy shouting in the background every 2 seconds <_<

I wonder if breaking into the American market also means shes practically breaking grounds internationally? :S

I know I'd love to hear her in Australia on mainstream radio! :D

Guest EricXL

i like the overall feel of this is the one but it's missing the fire that exodus had

it seems like boa and utada could borrow from each other - one's missing charm, the other substance

Ya know, I just listened to Easy Breezy and it is quite possibly one of the worst things I've ever heard. Like everything just seemed so wrong. :(

Guest averlyn

^ HAHA! I thought it was OK when I first heard it, but if it was released this year it definitely won't do.

Anyway, hello guys! I'm posting for the first time here. ^^

I've been a Hikki fan since I heard "Simple & Clean".

I've listened to all of "TITO" and, don't anybody feel that the songs are really repetitive and similiar? I understand Hikki's genre is R&B but R&B doesn't necessarily mean repeating a word/phrase over and over again! I won't say the songs are no good, just that their similiarity is magnified by being put together in the same album.

Just my two cents. =]

^

^ I'd think a lot of people were introduced to Utada Hikaru through Kingdom Hearts. It's good though cause it sorta furthered her American break (cause gaming is such a big thing in society now). I know I started to get familiar with her when I heard Simple and Clean on Kingdom Hearts, though I like Hikari much more.

Guest Melanie

I just got an email that says she's going to be at the Sephora here in Hollywood and Highland... i am WAY TOO EXCITED for it.

I'll probably buy her album on itunes then buy myself a physical copy. I don't really want to listen to it until I buy it x)

I LOVE FYI. It is such a hot song.

Guest Ryushasha

I've listened to her whole album and I must say, it's an impressive one.. Great job, Utada!

My current favourite tracks are "crying like a child" (Omg, it's a beautiful song, my no.1 fav so far), "Apple and Cinnamon",

"me muero" and "popp'in" LOL I might as well said I like the whole album.. :)

Gotta get her album anyway!!!!

Guest Sephiroth101

I haven't listen to the entire album. I have listen to several of the songs. The album does sound very promising.

i heard her song on the radio today. on hawaii station 102.7 the bomb. i was so excited to hear it. :w00t:

:lol: awesome! here too. She just had an interview with a radio station here in Seattle this morning!! :D If i known she be here, I would have taken off work to go to the radio station..maybe i'd catch her there..hehe. The come back to me song is better then i thought!

Guest aiongaku

Just listened to her interview from Seattle and she said she'll be in my city tomorrow!!!!

I never really listen to the radio, but I will now to keep a good ear!!!

Can't wait. ^___^/ Also, she's #9 for the Top 10 Requested Songs here!! <33333

Guest amydien

Wooohooo~~~

Im waiting for the actual CD release!! For now, Im checking out youtube vids.....her songs are so good!~~~

Guest ShortaznGirl

here in the sacramento area she's one of the top requested songs on the radio. wow. i'm so happy for her!

-kathy

Guest loveartiste

May is toooo far awayy!!!

I want the cd!!

T.T

LOVE

LOVE

LOVE

FYI!!!!

& this ONE

she needs promos like no other!

this album is awesome! [don't wanna think about exodus XD, it was tooo....]

Guest NO NAME?

Radio Ga Ga

3.19(Thu) 23:01

2433y53.jpg

Hallo hallo from Sacramento!

I'm in the middle of doing a bunch of radio station rounds in the West coast.

I started out in Seattle yesterday morning, did a few radio interviews including a live one, then flew to Portland to do some more, then to Reno, Nevada, to do another live one, then flew to Sacramento and checked in to a hotel.

I visited a really interesting dance radio station (big on the internet) in Seattle, called C89.5---it's located inside a regular, local high school!

We took some group shots with the students who take the radio class, and it was hilarious because I looked just like another high school student LOL I was the smallest kid, too LOL I'll get one of those shots to post here, too.

I'm about to take a shower and get ready for a live radio show here, in Sacramento, on the station 107.9 The End. I think I'm appearing sometime between 9-10am.

I'll be doing some recorded interviews in other stations here too (KSFM/102.5 and KBMB/103.5), and in the afternoon I'll be in San Francisco to do some more (KNGY, KYLD, and KMVQ), then end the day in LA.

Alright, the lady's gotta go and get ready!

(entry)

Haha. She really does look like a high school student in that photo. It looks as if she's bored in class.

Radio interviews: Seattle, Portland, Sacramento

• Here is an interesting article, Utada, Boa set sights on America with dueling English-language discs

Utada “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” March 23rd?

According to longtime Utada percussionist
, it appears that Utada will be making an appearance on
Monday March 23rd, presumably for an interview along with a live performance. Mr. Hirano’s schedule includes 3 rehearsal days prior to the Monday show with Ryan Seacrest. Thanks to
bored
at hikaru.sc.

pupte.jpg

This is cute. Hikki playing DDR. More photos here.

I feel weird. Did anyone record Come Back To Me when you heard it on the radio? I know I did. Haha. :P

Archived