Grey's Anatomy

Guest femme.fatale`

Guest serendipityyy

Man the finale was epic in soo many ways. I especially like:

1.) Mer and Christina's BBF-ness. How Christina wouldn't stop trying to save Derek. How Owen finally understood. <3 Sandra knocked everyone's socks off with her acting and her face was COVERED through most if it. She was able to express so much through half of her face. Amazing woman.

2.) Let's go Jackson/Christina/Owen triangle! Owen had his fun between two woman...it's Christina's turn to get a little distracted. I especially love how Jackson knew Christina could do the surgery. No doubt, no questions, he believed in her right from the beginning.

3.) Bailey/Percy scene was perfect.

i agree with literally EVERY single thing you said.

i'm ready for some christina/avery action. am i the only one who finds owen completely annoying at times? i just don't like it when he talks over people ugh :/ but at the same time, i don't know if i'm ready to see him and christina break up hahah

there were SO many blood pumping, heart pounding, edge of my seat, stressful, amazing scenes but no doubt, bailey and percy's scene was the best. it was perfect in every way. i think i was almost hysterical at that moment, i'm pretty sure i was freaking out with bailey.

just another thing, just hearing things from people and what my friends have been saying... they feel no sympathy towards the shooter at all and consider him psycho. i don't understand this. i feel incredibly bad for him and it's so sad to see how grieved he was to have been driven to this point.

only one last thing. WHYYYYYYY is sloan so hot? just.. why?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I_broke_a_nail!

As crazy as this may sound

... but McDreamy looked SO hot when he got shot

Percy's scene was what bought me to tears.

He was kind of an insignificant character yet his moment was significant. Still not knowing that Reed is dead, he tells Bailey to pass on the message that he was an awesome guy and she totally missed out. That made me cry. It also made me cry every time he asked "Am I dying? I'm dying, right?"

Karev's scene didn't make me cry, but they closed up his story nicely. Finally admitting that he misses Izzie from the bottom of his heart, he confuses Lexie with being Izzie. And Lexie saying that she loved Karev, despite Sloan being RIGHT there.

I think avery is soo hot

THIS

Why didn't Christina fall for him ... at least once. Not hating on Owen, but Avery is so mm mm mm.

side note

Owen played Poseidon in "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Bolt Thief".

THAT'S SO FUNNY!!! He totally looks like Poseidon to me now.

Sloan could totally be a Greek god too ... =)

Percy-Jackson-Poseidon.jpg

Imagine Owen using the trident to perform cardiac surgery. :lol:

Dude, April needed to gtfo of the hospital. I can't believe Derek rehired her.

Guest PowChikaPowWow

God I love mckidd. hes so hot/

also. April is a GREAT actress. totally believable.

• 5 weeks later...

<b>side note</b>

Owen played Poseidon in "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Bolt Thief".

THAT'S SO FUNNY!!! He totally looks like Poseidon to me now.

Sloan could totally be a Greek god too ... =)

Omg, that IS Owen... wow... his hair color in GA doesn't do him any justice. I didn't use think that he was attractive but he looks pretty good with darker hair, lol

• 1 month later...

I just bought seasons 1-6. I'm re-watching all of the seasons and am currently on season 5. Has been and will always be one of my favorite shows =]

But one thing I noticed that I haven't noticed before when watching an episode on a week to week basis is that sometimes the dialogue is really annoying. Because there's usually a dramatic scene in each episode, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to watch 6 episodes straight in one sitting. I mean the "dramatic parts" or the inspirational speeches usually consists of someone saying a vague and fairly insignificant phrase over and over again, trying to make it seem more dramatic. Like that one episode where the boy had growing pains, the mom and Arizona constantly keep saying "my person".

And another flaw with the dialogue is that every character, when they're upset, stressed, or aggravated react in the same way (the repeating). It seems as if one writer writes the dramatic dialogue for each and every character. It just makes the characters seem more unrealistic. I mean all the characters on this show all have very unique personalities. Maybe the way they act when they're upset should vary too. Sometimes I think that they should add a normal character just to balance it out. Each character is either very sarcastic and dark or bubbly and happy. Almost all of them sleep around constantly. After watching seasons 1-2 again, i realized how much of a richard simmons Grey really is. But then again that's why she's so entertaining haha

I know from this comment it sounds like I'm a hater (which I'm not). I was just pointing out the things that were really annoying me and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way?

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive: Grey's Anatomy Prescribes Nudity for Jesse Williams

by Michael Ausiello

Grey’s Anatomy‘s exec producer Shonda Rhimes tells me that Seattle Grace’s newest Doc McHottie will be exposing more than just his hypnotic baby blues this season.

“We felt that having a shirtless Jackson Avery would be a benefit to society,” Rhimes coos, “so we’re going to see a little bit of that early on in the season.”

Although the boss lady declines to provide the context of Williams’ seminude scene, she concedes that the time has come for Avery to get his first love story. “We were saving him because he’s so pretty—we didn’t want to fire the gun too soon,” Rhimes says of Williams, who returns this season as a full-fledged series regular. “But I am feeling that we are going to have some good romance for him down the road.”

Source: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/11/greys-anatomy-nudity-jesse-williams/

Seems like we're gonna get a lot of Jackson nakedness this coming season :P

• 5 months later...
Guest Wryscelle

Bumping this thread just because Grey's Anatomy is awesome like that (well, not always...) I don't know which is more depressing, Callie not giving Arizona a second chance or the fact that she's pregnant... with Mark's baby. :mellow:

• 1 month later...

This is a bit random but I really really REALLY miss George and Izzie. . . . This is one of the reasons why I don't particularly like shows with so many seasons (well then again, hollywood show always has a lot of seasons). People come and go, especially when you develop a strong emotional attachment to the old characters. I heard Ellen/Patrick will leave after season 8? I'm not sure. Hm, if they do continue, will Lexie take over?

^ i hope Ellen and Patrick won't quit. They are my favorite couple in the show, even though i do not dislike any particular coupling or anyone for that matter.

And April and Stark.... im speechless(lol). I was ready to hate him so much and then he chose not to make the call for social services in the end. :)

As much as i like Arizona and Callie(both individually or together), i kinda find myself really enjoying the close relationship that Callie and Sloan shares. Sloan should let Lexie go, now that she's with Avery and then be a great parent to him and Callie's child.

^ They are also my favourite couple and the reason why I watch Grey's Anatomy and the Cristina/Meredith friendship. But I read this interview of Patrick regarding GA and it sounds like he lost faith in the writers. Can't imagine Grey's Anatomy without Shepherd and Meredith lol

Guest fading-tales

April and Stark, for me was a surprise. I like how it all came together though and how he was like I won't treat you differently if you decline my dinner date offer...

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! It was totally unexpected, but I was thinking about it after and I'm like huh... maybe it could work. And then I got distracted by the whole Avery/Lexie hot shower sex even though I saw it coming a mile away.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

^^ I was soooo shock to see the shower scene! I guess I thought the whole conversation about Avery in line was just a teaser for the up coming episode. Ahh as much as I love Sloan and Lexie together. Avery, topless is just the sprinkles to the top.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Grey's Anatomy: Caterina Scorsone to return as AmeliaCaterina Scorsone is to return to Grey's Anatomy later this season.
The actress will return as Derek's (Patrick Dempsey) youngest sister and fellow neurosurgeon Amelia in the ABC medical drama, TV Guide reports.
Caterina Scorsone

Scorsone has appeared in Grey's Anatomy in several episodes before, and was a series regular in spinoff series Private Practice.
At the end of Private Practice, Amelia had got clean after battling a drug addiction, and was in a relationship with fellow doctor James (Matt Long).
She will first appear in an episode in May, and will recur for the rest of the 10th season.
It was recently announced that Isaiah Washington will make a return to Grey's Anatomy as Dr Burke after seven years away.
Source

Grey's Anatomy to bid farewell to Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles
Two Grey's Anatomy residents are to depart the series.
Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles, who play Leah Murphy and Shane Ross respectively, have not had their contracts renewed for season 11, according to Deadline.
Grey's Anatomy's Shane Ross and Leah Murphy

The characters were first introduced to the ABC medical drama in season nine as interns on a recurring basis, before being promoted to series regulars in season ten.
It is not currently clear whether they could make future guest appearances.
The pair formed part of a new group of interns alongside Camilla Luddington's Jo Wilson and Jerrika Hinton's Stephanie Edwards, who so far look set to stay.
Grey's Anatomy: Season 9: Love turns you Upside Down

Sandra Oh recently confirmed that she would also leave the series after nine years as Dr Cristina Yang. Meanwhile, the character's ex-husband Preston Burke (Isaiah Washington) is set to return for one episode in May.
In January, Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey agreed new two-year contracts that would see them stay with the medical drama for seasons 11 and 12, although the show has not officially been renewed beyond its tenth run.
Grey's Anatomy airs on Thursdays at 9/8c on ABC. Sky Living airs the show in the UK on Wednesdays at 10pm.
Source

• 1 month later...

Sandra Oh prepares to depart from 'Grey's Anatomy'
The actress has portrayed Dr. Cristina Yang since the show's debut in March 2005.
Sandra-Oh-prepares-to-depart-from-Greys-

The 42-year-old actress has portrayed Dr. Cristina Yang since the show's inception, but announced last August that season ten will be her last. Oh confessed she is "ready to let [Cristina] go," and later said she felt like "all the avenues" for her character had been explored.
The Grey's Anatomy cast had nothing but good things to say when TV Guide visited the set in anticipation of Oh's departure.
"We kicked some serious acting richard simmons together," Ellen Pompeo (Dr. Meredith Grey) says of Oh. "I am very proud of the work we've done together over the last decade."
"She has a tremendous work ethic that was always inspiring," Patrick Dempsey (Dr. Derek Shepherd) adds. "One of my favorite moments with Sandra actually came from this season, when we sat down and had a really nice conversation reflecting on the past 10 years."
Other actors laud Oh as "inspiring," "funny," "dedicated" and "dynamic." All agree that the show will not be the same without her.
"It's going to be completely bizarre," Justin Chambers (Dr. Alex Karev) says. "It's going to be a huge hole for us because she's such a huge part of Grey's. Her intelligence and talent is felt, and it ripples throughout the show... She's so talented. There's going to be great stuff for her in the future."
Oh's final appearance on Grey's Anatomy airs at 9 p.m. Thursday, May 15 on ABC.
Source

Archived