Guest tinksky14

i brought in this picture..

zboa55mbc05070901xk4.jpg

and it turned out like..

n502113519_87498_4995.jpg

this

cut it for my 16th birthday.. =o=!!

what do u guys think??

Your hair looks just like boA =] Heck u look like boA! I love your haircut ^_^. They did a really awesome job hehe. How long did the haircut take ?

Guest sujungx3

i personally love boa's mullet cut.... i was going to get it like that until my dad freaked out and said no

Guest nintendonitis

I got my hair cut like this, but my hairs not as long. I look like a rocker. :b

My hair in my avatar isn't it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest missoriental

BoA look's the best imo.

<3

but u have to use loadsa products to get it to stay :(

i want to get this cut for next term :)

Guest nanshi

I recently got a mullet'ish cut in Taiwan. Waltzed into the salon and said, "I want a new hairstyle." The lady described to be what she was going to do... and I was like "uh...huh..." Anyways, I ended up getting a subtle Asian mullet.. I like it a lot! It's definitely not for the faint of heart though (my mom freaked at the airport and was like "What did you do to your hair?!?!?!!")... But I love having lots of short layers and body/volume on top and having my hair thinned out is always one of my favorite parts of going to Taiwan! Now the hard part will be maintaining the style now that I'm back in the states. Which is why I've been hunting through this thread for pics; thanks, btw! Got lots of really good ones!

For those who are asking which face shape this suits.... I think it suits round or oval face shapes the best. It has a LOT of volume on top... so if you have too strong of a chin (square face) or a small chin and large forehead/cheekbones (heart shaped faces) ... this style will look strange.

The most important thing is to have THICK hair. If you have thin hair, first off: you're not going to need it thinned at the bottom and it'll just look weird (like you're trying to create volume) at the top/crown of your head. It looks 'better' teased, but I just rub some gel-wax on my palms and scrunch it up if I'm not feeling lazy. I usually feel lazy.

Personally, I like BoA's look in the pictures, I just think the way they styled it and the lighting makes it look a lot worse than it really does. If you actually DON'T do any styling to it at all and just let it lie flat and sleek, it just looks like this: http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=side8ma3.jpg

Which is actually very nice and sleek and pretty (my hair looks almost exactly like that picture just not as long).

Guest miyaviyo

i already did this, and um...this isn't a flattering look for everyone, let's just say if you want to look manly do this cut. :P

Guest flyxme.

^

manly? o__O

mika doesn't look manly, neither does boa, but i guess SOME people just can't pull it off

i wonder do you have to have thick hair to put off or even get a mullet style hair cut?? =/

not exactly, but if it is too thin then extensions will help

you can always add volume to your hair? so it won't look thin&flat

Guest miyaviyo

^

manly? o__O

mika doesn't look manly, neither does boa, but i guess SOME people just can't pull it off

mullet was popularized by men and today a lot of j-rockers are sporting it...minus their cute faces, boa's girls on top looks tomboyish, she acts tough on that video right? lol.

Guest xCINDERELLA

im thinking of getting my hair cut like those girls on the last bunch of pictures;

to anyone who has gotten their hair cut like this, is it hard to manage?

i dont want my new haircut to be too high-maintenance...

Archived