Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

9 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

161030 Instagram 2 
녀석 노래도 잘하니 

Spoiler

Sorry, I tried to cut the video out but somehow, not successful. LJG is very active on social media and the one whom is most active in promoting MLSHR. Second after him came Hong Jong Hyun, Kang Ha Na and as of late, IU also jumping on the bandwagon now that MLSHR is on the final leg of its run. All I can say is that he is a true "Baekhyun's Fanboy". He adores him so much. I did dropped by the "JoonU Couple" thread but since I am not shipping them (since I think he has a gf, that is Jeon Hye Bin), I took their coincidence active social media presence as to capitalize on the ending of MDBC and being the leads, to help drumming up final interest in order to give MLSHR at least, a sent off with decent ratings. Good luck.

• Like 11

On 10/30/2016 at 11:00 AM, minmar said:

@Mona Ys OMG I can't thank you enough for your post. Whoa.. I am actually tearing up. ...sniff ... Emoticon 0137 Clapping I can't even imagine having been there to see him in person. I don't understand how you guys can have husbands who aren't intimidated.  Some of the guys I know....( after having come out of the closet and admitting I wanted Joon)... well my male friends just weren't  ...nice about it.... I almost felt pity.....NAH!.. Emoticon 0130 Devil    BUT OMG he is so handsome and his singing... I think he as actually gotten better. Yep... his English has improved too.  I am getting shivers. OMG... gotta get it together. Emoticon 0141 Whew ...EEP!   But don't you think he is close to smashing through and truly becoming an international star.  I'm a fool but if he wants that I want to see him get there.  

I definitely agree, his english has improved a lot. Compare to a few years ago in his world tour 2013/2014. I bet his experiences while shooting for 3 weeks or so in South Africa with Resident Evil casts had improved his english skills. Don't you notice he writes his IG in english more after that period, and also I'm sure he is aware his international fans have multiplied like crazy. 

I hope he would get and decide on a new project soon. I wish he would do a thriller/action movie. 

Yes, I love the video, it is this year I think in May, he still filming SHR, his hair was still long. I love it. He's so charming too. :) 

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

All his projects are amazing. Though Hero is my least favourite. I suggest you watch his works in chronological order.  The young Lee Joon Gi was also equally mesmerising.  

yes, The King and The Clown, Fly Daddy Fly, May 18 (small role but heartbreaking), My Girl (second lead but so cute), Virgin Snow (he is so sweet there), Iljimae (the first drama that made me fall in love with him), Tme Between Dog and Wolf (love him there!), Arang, Two Weeks (so far it is my favorite of his modern dramas), Joseon Gunman, Scholar, Never Said Goodbye (melo-sad love story).... :) He is my favorite actor so actually I've watched all of his work. The ones I don't mention here means my least personal favorite of his works. 

PS: I will watch Resident Evil next year even LJG only has 5-10 minutes screentime.... The director was smart to pick him, he probably didn't expect LJG will be so popular this year internationally thru SHR, and many will watch the movie just for him. (I dont really care about RE franchise if it were not for LJG hehe)

• Like 12

(Repost from MLSHR thread:)

9qPKsrr.gif

My thoughts while watching MLSHR Ep18 & the extended preview of Ep19:

Gwangjong is scary.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is nasty.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is crazy.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is cruel.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is evil.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Ohhhhh f***! I'm so screwed.

LJG, what are you doing to meeeeeeee?!!!!! Helllllllppppp!!!

Seriously though. Those eyes, that bone-structure, that face..... The combination is lethal.

And I could never imagine, that beautiful face would contort itself into such an evil smile. *shudders*

I can feel my brain cells rapidly dying, just looking at it.

• Like 15

53 minutes ago, cwngf said:

@hiluna oh btw is not sold out within 5-10 mins, it is within 1 min

and for this upcoming korea fm, i bet is gona be even a shorter time, maybe  30secs?

Oh my, I guess I will be admiring him from afar then :wub: I am happy for him that he is so popular, he deserves it and I hope that he will continue to act for a long time and not retire too early.  He is the only Asian actor that I am a fan of because I really like him as a person.  There are other actors and actresses whom I like but I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of theirs, I just enjoy their shows.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, lyserose said:

Sorry, I tried to cut the video out but somehow, not successful. LJG is very active on social media and the one whom is most active in promoting MLSHR. Second after him came Hong Jong Hyun, Kang Ha Na and as of late, IU also jumping on the bandwagon now that MLSHR is on the final leg of its run. All I can say is that he is a true "Baekhyun's Fanboy". He adores him so much. I did dropped by the "JoonU Couple" thread but since I am not shipping them (since I think he has a gf, that is Jeon Hye Bin), I took their coincidence active social media presence as to capitalize on the ending of MDBC and being the leads, to help drumming up final interest in order to give MLSHR at least, a sent off with decent ratings. Good luck.

I care less who is his girlfriend as long as she can make him happy. But I can't deny the wonderful chemistry between LJG and IU in Moon Lovers and in my opinion the two of them fit perfectly in this drama.

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

Oh my, I guess I will be admiring him from afar then :wub: I am happy for him that he is so popular, he deserves it and I hope that he will continue to act for a long time and not retire too early.  He is the only Asian actor that I am a fan of because I really like him as a person.  There are other actors and actresses whom I like but I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of theirs, I just enjoy their shows.

Unlike others actors who shine due to the their flawless dramas (where script, editing, co-stars, etc... are perfect), LJG stunning performance can make a drama with flaws to shine. Moon Lovers is the best example and not only.

• Like 16

On 10/29/2016 at 0:23 PM, chickenchopflipflop said:

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice to them compared to other k-stars to their fans:

1) when Arang first aired, HK fans bought train platform advertising to help promote his drama 
2) when scholar and moon lovers aired, china fans invested in bus wrap advertising to help him promote his drama overseas. I am a marketer, and i know that those outdoor advertising the fans spent their money on is ridiculously expensive! (can cost in the range of about USD 30,000 per advertising period)

3) when he filmed never say goodbye in shanghai, the PD commented that he was surprised by the strength of his fandom. The budget did not allow for JG to have his own trailer van (for privacy and resting purposes) and JG was very accommodating and did not specifically request for one. however upon hearing this, fans in shanghai booked a trailer van for him for the entire filming period so that he can rest peacefully after filming

so in a way he is so nice  to his fans because they are extremely nice to him too!

Speaking of the PD of never say goodbye, there is a video of him praising JG for his professionalism.

(Korean stars are known the press and media industry for being NOTORIOUSLY DIFFICULT to work with due to a few reasons: over-protective management agencies as well as the stars' own egos. My friends working in the media have many times sited the need to boycott korean stars due to the unreasonable attitude that they have displayed during several media events that they were working on. They have interviewed hollywood actors before and feel that korean stars have even bigger egos and more ridiculous demands then even the crazier hollywood stars) 

In the video, the PD has mentioned that although he has been warned to be prepared for the contrary, in reality JG did not have any specific star demands for the production. He is accommodating in many aspects although the PD does admit that JG is not a yes-man; his only demand is proper communication and he does often request for the director to properly explain his intentions before accommodating to anything. Other than that, the PD finds JG to be very professional, is always on time and is always prepared. I have to commend JG for this because when i work with celebrities for endorsement deals, they are never on time hahaha. I have also seen some of his other interviews during the peak of his popularity  (iljimae days) and find that his management is often not so protective  of him which is highly unusual.. even when reporters ask him strange questions and does inappropriate things, he does not look at his manager for help, rather he always try to settle things himself using humour or other more diplomatic ways. I have been a fan for many years and honestly i don't know how his manager looks like (compared to Ji sung, who is also from Namoo, whose manager is always there). He seems to be more independent and different from other korean celebrities from what i know. 

I remember Joon Gi saying in his VApp or interview, I think... That his fanclub during the peak of his career was unmatched. 

Thank you for these infos! It's interesting to read how dedicated yet respectful his fans are. I wonder why!

• Like 13

Gosh... that was one painful episode. One more to go and the suffering will stop. I knew the drama was going to hurt, but I didn't expect it would hurt that much. 

The good thing is ~ LJK is going to do a V-app tomorrow at 9 pm KST \o/ But I'm wondering... is it during the fanmeeting then ? When is the fanmeeting taking place ? Before until after the episode ends and a bit after to talk a bit about it ? Or is he leaving right before the last episode starts ?

Anyway, really happy we'll get to see him tomorrow. Really need to see his smile and him goofing around because Wang So is just so pitiful I'm heartbroken.

• Like 9

On 30.10.2016 at 9:58 AM, moniw18 said:

And @cedarwood- I really loved him in that mask and with that hair!! Your banner reminded me how much I miss that hair and that mask. I know that's very shallow of me to say lol (I just finished watching Episode 18 of SHR).... And is it wrong that I was swooning when watching him ride horses, galloping and just holding on with one hand....I don't have words! :wub:

Heeeeyyyy I'm sure Joon Gi would love to know he gives us so much pleasure. And watching him riding a horse - tell me about it! :wub:

On 30.10.2016 at 11:50 AM, Uniform Victory said:

The young Lee Joon Gi was also equally mesmerising.  

He was such a cutie back then! But I'm not a fan of his hair from times around My girl (and between you and me - MG is my least favourite drama of his). And fashion of those times! I'm speechless how bad it was. :crazy: Still nothing - and let me underline it NOTHING! - could take away Joon Gi's beauty. He looks amazing no matter what he wears. And it's also lovely to watch his dramas in chronological order - you can see then that he was always v. good actor but also he worked very hard on his craft. He never rested on his laurels as if he was never satisfied with his acting (he probably wasn't, such a modest person!), he constantly improved his skills. 

12 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

I wish he would do a thriller/action movie. 

Or drama! The drama we would see sooner! :w00t:

12 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

He is my favorite actor so actually I've watched all of his work. The ones I don't mention here means my least personal favorite of his works. 

I believe I haven't seen one of his work - the early drama or a movie where he did cameo or something like that. But apart from that - I've seen everything. Mona Ys, high five! :D

10 hours ago, zi4r said:

Gwangjong is scary.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is nasty.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is crazy.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is cruel.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

Gwangjong is evil.

Lee Joon-gi is hot.

True.

True.

True.

Oh how true.

True.

True.

Truuueeee...

TRUE!!!

10 hours ago, zi4r said:

LJG, what are you doing to meeeeeeee?!!!!! Helllllllppppp!!!

Because he's good at what he's doing.

Because he probably has fun to play someone evil.

Because he.. well, because he's Lee Joon Gi.

10 hours ago, zi4r said:

Seriously though. Those eyes, that bone-structure, that face..... The combination is lethal.

And I could never imagine, that beautiful face would contort itself into such an evil smile. *shudders*

I couldn't say it better myself. :wub:

I felt so cold after seeing that smile. But as I said - Joon Gi is a very good actor. No matter how modest he can be about it - he is. And he's getting better.

6 hours ago, minmar said:

Holy Spit this is hot.  Nearly stopped breathing.

Uhmmm... :wub: So many close ups on his amazing eyes... :wub:

5 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I can't deny the wonderful chemistry between LJG and IU in Moon Lovers and in my opinion the two of them fit perfectly in this drama.

I'm with you on that ship!!! :w00t:

I mean I don't ship Joon Gi with IU, they're actors doing their job but the chemistry between them is great. :)

2 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

One more to go and the suffering will stop.

My real suffering will start then - I love ML even the way it is. I love how perfect Joon Gi played Wang So.

And after the last episode I... WE will have to wait a year for another Joon Gi's drama - he does one per year.  Will miss him so much!!! :tears:

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

I'm with you on that ship!!! :w00t:

I mean I don't ship Joon Gi with IU, they're actors doing their job but the chemistry between them is great. :)

My real suffering will start then - I love ML even the way it is. I love how perfect Joon Gi played Wang So.

And after the last episode I... WE will have to wait a year for another Joon Gi's drama - he does one per year.  Will miss him so much!!! :tears:

I agree, their chemistry is really really great. 

Ah ah that's a way of seeing it too, right. But now the storyline is too painful I can't. Give me Wang So flirting with Hae Soo like the old days, challenging his evil mom or riding his glorious stallion I'm in. But the main couple falling apart like that... ouch. (and sweety Baek Ah receiving his share of sadness too :()

After Never Said Goodbye, ML that are very heavy, then Resident Evil where his character is likely to die, I want a romcom !! ^^ Or an action-thriller. But no melo, no more bloody heart wrenching sageuk for a while please xD Although yeah, Wang So will be missed <3 

Something I came across while browsing on youtube lately ~ Documentary of Lee Joon Gi at the army. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it's very interesting.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, lyserose said:

I do not think he is dating Joen Hye Bin.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Something I came across while browsing on youtube lately ~ Documentary of Lee Joon Gi at the army. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it's very interesting.

Woaaah! Haven't seen it before! Thank you! :w00t:

(May I say that he looks stunning with short hair, no make up and in uniform? :wub: )

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Woaaah! Haven't seen it before! Thank you! :w00t:

(May I say that he looks stunning with short hair, no make up and in uniform? :wub: )

He does ~ Men in uniforms... how to resist ? :P That's one of my favorite look of him.
He could have been a great soldier (full time) if he wanted too - very disciplined, strong minded, hard working and invested. 

Edit : Yeah ML came first in the ratings for ep 19 : 9%. (Against 7,4% and 7% for the 2nd and 3rd drama of the timeslot). That's a small victory for the end of the drama run but it still feels good anyway :P 
http://news20.busan.com/controller/newsController.jsp?newsId=20161101000022

• Like 8

4 hours ago, patoi said:

I do not think he is dating Joen Hye Bin.

LOL. As he said, he is dating his fans. But when I typed "Who is LJG's gf" and google automatically gave me "Jeon Hye Bin". But ones is free to speculate. So long as he is in a happy place, that's the only thing matters.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Gosh... that was one painful episode. One more to go and the suffering will stop. I knew the drama was going to hurt, but I didn't expect it would hurt that much. 

The good thing is ~ LJK is going to do a V-app tomorrow at 9 pm KST \o/ But I'm wondering... is it during the fanmeeting then ? When is the fanmeeting taking place ? Before until after the episode ends and a bit after to talk a bit about it ? Or is he leaving right before the last episode starts ?

Anyway, really happy we'll get to see him tomorrow. Really need to see his smile and him goofing around because Wang So is just so pitiful I'm heartbroken.

read for urself, we posted this quite some time ago, looks like no one notice it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vdfrZlbADuV80asbRP-Bd-ZZBYGceIjUKsMWpOk3I-0/edit

• Like 7

3 hours ago, cwngf said:

read for urself, we posted this quite some time ago, looks like no one notice it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vdfrZlbADuV80asbRP-Bd-ZZBYGceIjUKsMWpOk3I-0/edit

Thanks. I think i read it already but the detailq just slipped out my mind. So I guess he will (or someone) broadcast the fanmeet on vapp and either leave before the ep starts or stay and gives a few words after. We'll find out soon enough anyway  ~

• Like 5