Quantcast
patoi

Lee Joon Gi 이준기 Upcoming Drama: The Flower of Evil in June 2020

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I am estatic to see Lee Joon Gi on my Kdrama screen again! And with Moon Chae Won!  Icing on the CAKE!! 

@pixelsticks, me too!
Ever since she joined Namoo after him, I was hoping they  will be paired. I hope this one will be a case of 2nd time is a charm.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

So...I am already envisioning shots that the cinematographer MUST include <<for my fangirl heart>> 93.gif?w=50

Dunno.  It will probably be like jewelry making...and no heavy stuff. <<sad face>>

But they cannot miss out on sexy arms...sparks flying and lifting the visor to see his handsome face?  Surely?? 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

In fact , Lee Joon Gi is 38 years old not 39.

39 is acc. with Korean age system

According to the western age system, he is still 37. He will be 38 on his birthday, April 17. According to the Korean age system, he turned 39 on January 1, along with every other Korean born in 1982. When he has his birthday party in April, the candle will say 39 instead of 38.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2020 at 11:58 AM, joybran said:

According to the western age system, he is still 37. He will be 38 on his birthday, April 17. According to the Korean age system, he turned 39 on January 1, along with every other Korean born in 1982. When he has his birthday party in April, the candle will say 39 instead of 38.

Hi joybran, rather than calculating age based on the actual, physical number of days, months, and years that have passed since the moment of one’s birth, South Korea uses the lunar calendar to determine age, and this somehow manages to add from 1 to 2 years on to someone’s physical age. How does this work? When you are born, you are immediately considered to be one year old — and so the moment you pop out of the womb, despite being only seconds-to-minutes old, you’re already celebrating your literal first birthday.) In Korea, a newborn baby is considered one year’s old at birth because the nine months of pregnancy count as part of the child’s first year of life. Koreans also experience a collective birthday every Lunar New Year as their Korean age counts the number of years they’ve been alive during as opposed to the length of time you’ve been alive for. Your actual birthday may not be until December, but you will still age up as soon as the Lunar New Year arrives since Korean age can add one to two years to your international age. Most Koreans celebrate both Western New Year and Lunar New Year. Koreans count themselves one year older on January 1, not on their actual birthdays. So, in Korea, when the new year comes everyone grows one year older all together. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi joybran, rather than calculating age based on the actual, physical number of days, months, and years that have passed since the moment of one’s birth, South Korea uses the lunar calendar to determine age, and this somehow manages to add from 1 to 2 years on to someone’s physical age. How does this work? When you are born, you are immediately considered to be one year old — and so the moment you pop out of the womb, despite being only seconds-to-minutes old, you’re already celebrating your literal first birthday.) In Korea, a newborn baby is considered one year’s old at birth because the nine months of pregnancy count as part of the child’s first year of life. Koreans also experience a collective birthday every Lunar New Year as their Korean age counts the number of years they’ve been alive during as opposed to the length of time you’ve been alive for. Your actual birthday may not be until December, but you will still age up as soon as the Lunar New Year arrives since Korean age can add one to two years to your international age. Most Koreans celebrate both Western New Year and Lunar New Year. Koreans count themselves one year older on January 1, not on their actual birthdays. So, in Korea, when the new year comes everyone grows one year older all together. :heart:

Thanks for the more complete explanation about why every Korean born in 1982 became 39 years old on January 1st. :)

• Like 1

JG's update:

''In the new year, I will pray for you to be a healthy and full of blessings in your home. ~~ ^^ Happy New Year ~ ''

81588403_469021543977297_840474200259941

• Like 4

^^^ Those IG shots are super dreamy. This is the work of Jean Lee again right?? 

Those that ordered the photobook and Season's Greeting will be getting a treat! 

• Like 1

In his latest instagram, he asked fans to look forward to his new drama and also support for his other projects in the months to come.

:blush:

Unfortunately, a handful of fans still leave comments at his instagram post asking for Moonlovers 2 when he has already asked for support on the new drama.

I hope ML fans who may happen to pass by here, welcome to the JG fandom, but please refrain from asking for season 2 now when he is anticipating and preparing for a new challenge role, something he has never done before:love:

You may continue to request for it when he is having a break before another new drama.

He has taken a one year break to choose something that he thinks is worth waiting for.

So let's just support Flower of Evil wholeheartedly now.

Thank you for your understanding:kiss_wink:

translation credit :gunman

• Like 4

On 1/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, cwngf said:
n his latest instagram, he asked fans to look forward to his new drama and also support for his other projects in the months to come.

:blush:

Unfortunately, a handful of fans still leave comments at his instagram post asking for Moonlovers 2 when he has already asked for support on the new drama.

I hope ML fans who may happen to pass by here, welcome to the JG fandom, but please refrain from asking for season 2 now when he is anticipating and preparing for a new challenge role, something he has never done before:love:

You may continue to request for it when he is having a break before another new drama.

He has taken a one year break to choose something that he thinks is worth waiting for.

So let's just support Flower of Evil wholeheartedly now.

Thank you for your understanding:kiss_wink:

I can't agree you more, now that Joongi has a new drama, a totally different character from all he played before, fans should support him unconditionally, not asking or compare with previous dramas he was in. Every fan knows how perfect and unmatched is his acting game and that all his "guys" were played like he was indeed that man, I hope that some fans, that are in love with one or another role played before, can keep that away and support only his Beak Hee-song. I'm looking forward to see him as psychopath and collaborate again with actress Moon Chae Won. Let's do as he asked, support "The Flower of Evil"

• Like 4

Congratulations to our actor who won a trophy next to his name at naver search! :love::thumbsup:

Congrats to King and the Clown for hitting over 10 million viewers:star:

His name will be forever etched in Korea film history!!!:heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

This is really wonderful, he deserve this trophy and I pray for more and more awards for him :love:

• Like 2

Best of luck for Sir Lee Joon-gi's new drama!Very excited to watch it.Much love and God Bless!!

• Like 1

So excited to hear and read about LJK’s new drama this year! I have been wondering where he has been after Lawless Lawyers. I’ve been binge watching finished dramas lately and I’ve missed this mans screen talents. But...UGH! Finally! Can’t wait :love:

• Like 1