Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, AliciaA said:

It has been announced that his Asian Tour kicks of in Korea this coming December followed by Japan and then Taiwan.. His agency said, FM negotiations still ongoing for southeast asia. @Mona Ys, I wish his agency chooses  Singapore . I am from southeast asia but  not from Singapore. However,  for the 3 countries you mentioned , I would prefer SG since the language used in  that country is english. . While LJG can speak the english, Im sure they will  still provide a korean- english interpreter... I had attended 2 fan meetings of my  other favorite actors, in Hongkong  where  language was cantonese  and in Seoul .. No english interpreter on both occasions..  I tell u how frustrating it is when you don't understand what ur idol is saying and dont know whats goin on. Somehow I felt lost.. Yeah I was happy i saw  them in person also . lucky  as my  name got picked to shake hands with the actor or play games with him...I tell you some FM's could be boring, but i think LKG's FM is not . It would be like a mini concert coz he's both good in dancing and singing.. a total package. His  being very sweet to fans , approachable, can speak good english  are also a big plus .

He will have FM in Seoul on December ,3rd

• Like 7

9 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Ok I just saw the scene with the picture - stupid me, I thought the Joon Gi portrait was made by some modern artist who just didn't catch that "thing". It was from the drama! Argh!!! So it's... it's just the style it was years ago where everyone look almost the same. *cough* I bet real Gwangjong didn't look like Joon Gi anyway. ;) 

Absolutely different look lol

• Like 7

Gosh...... I need help. I feel lost & numb & depressed, and dunno whatado.

Between "Never Said Goodbye" & MLSHR, LJG has put my heart through a grinder this year.

LJG, I need something else from you...... something fun, k? My heart can't take this torture anymore. Resident Evil won't be enough to heal me. Please announce a new fun project soon? Please?

• Like 15

For all Lee Joon Gi's fans. This is to cheer everyone up. He is so handsome with that hair up, swift to the right.

Gwangjong Handsome, Hot Face Series 

1. Borderline mad Gwangjong  admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

2. Serious Gwangjong whistling-onion-head-emoticon.gif

love-onion-head-emoticon.gif

3. Happy and playful Gwangjong. 

That tongue.  dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif

The end.

Seriously, his face is perfection. But when he get all in action, he is all charismatic and hot. Ugh..shy-onion-head-emoticon.gif embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Edited by Rose34
  • Like 18

November 2, 2016

[V Report] Lee Joon-gi fan event broadcast live

Broadcast date: Nov. 1
Starring: Lee Joon-gi, Twice, Momoland, Taeyeon, Kang Ta and more

Lee Joon-gi

(Naver V app)

Actor Lee Joon-gi, who plays Prince Wang So in the TV series “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo,” held fan events Tuesday to celebrate the finale of the drama.

The entire fan event was broadcast live on the Naver V app Tuesday.

Before the event kicked off, Lee shared his excitement at being able to spend time with fans.

“This is such a mind-blowing moment,” said the 34-year-old. “Without fans’ support, how would I dare to make this happen?”

“I hope fans will enjoy the final episode,” he added.

(Naver V app)

When Lee appeared on a stage, he was welcomed by hundreds of fans who kept exclaiming when he made the slightest gestures.

When asked about the most memorable scene of the drama during an interview onstage, he picked the moment in which the prince and Hae-soo (Lee Ji-eun) reunited at a creek, saying the scene was “more romantic than kiss scenes.”

(SBS)

Activities at the event included a Q&A session, reenactments of “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” scenes with fans, taking selfies, as well as watching the final episode with them.

Dubbed “My Love Lee Joon-gi,” the fan meet took place at Lotte World Tour Super Plex G, a theater in Seoul.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201611021342355046437_2

Lee Joon Gi Says Goodbye To His Character From “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Lee Joon Gi

After the airing of the final episode for “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” Lee Joon Gi sat down to talk about his character.

The actor had an interview with Naver TVcast on November 2, and talked about his character Wang So, saying, “I’ve gained another unforgettable character. While I was acting as Wang So, I had a lot of worries and concerns about making sure that Wang So was different from my previous sageuk roles, but it’s hard to believe that it’s the last episode.”

Lee Joon Gi 1

“While it was really hard, I want to say ‘Thank you’ to the character. I hope he’s happier in his next life, and that he stays happy with Hae Soo for a long, long time,” he continued.

Meanwhile, “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo recently aired its last episode, which ended on a high note.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 14

I finished to watch Moon Lovers. What can I say? Watching the first episodes I could not see why there were so many critical voices about the drama but I came to understand why. I think the actors did a good job with what they had and I am glad that Joon Gi was praised so much, deservedly so. For me, the major problem was the choppy storytelling. I felt like they took the major scenes from the original and did not unite them organically. I am glad that I did not see the original. The adaptations are not easy to do. Moon Lovers would definitely have been much better but it could have been worst too. Overall, I was satisfied. I was engaged in the story most of the time and I finished the drama without struggling to finish it. That`s good. I don`t regret that Joon Gi chose this drama. On paper, it had a good premise and he had a good role. I wish that he will be more lucky in the future but more than a successful show, I want him to be in a good production (even if the ratings are not very high). I am looking forward to see him in the next drama.

I wish I will see him in a non action drama for his next project. The web drama.... let see how it will be. It will be a short appearance from what I read. Looking forward to it (it will be my first webdrama) and for other more projects. He is a busy bee... :D

• Like 9

@larus, right. There were some major behind the scene issues I'm so frustrated at how this show was handled. Some rumors said it was supposed to be longer, like 30 episodes but got cut down to 20. Big, big mistake. But even with the flaws it was addictive, LJG was addictive and he has outdone himself once again. I was very surprised by Sung Yeol last year, but Wang So is just mind blowing. I overall loved the writing of the character and how it was executed by LJG. And no matter how Hae Soo character was (often) frustrating I loved LJG & IU chemistry and couldn't help but wanted them to have a happy ending together. LJG doesn't really do happy drama but this one is particularly sad, Wang So is just tragic. I usually hate sad ending like that (too much for me to handle ^^), the things LJG can make me watch... :P 

It may have crushed down in the rating departments in Korea (until MDBC ends) but it was a hot topic - even in Korea - during its whole run and had HUGE popularity overseas. LJG really gained a lot with this drama, as his number of followers shows and the deal with Lotte, which is a big thing. 

Web dramas are usually short, and since there is 6 of them, and it's for advertising, his part will probably be short and he might have finished the shooting of it already. First time playing a chaebol ah ah (if I don't count my girl). What's with the "church oppa" though ^^ 

He talked a bit about the offers he is getting during his fanmeeting yesterday. Seems like Directors are still seeking him out to play in sageuk from what I understood, but he is ready to turn it down no matter how good it looks this time. I wouldn't mind if it was a sageuk movie though. Sageuk movie then a modern drama (or the other away around). I was pretty much against his casting in Moon Lovers, but after the Wang So he served us, what's more is there to say ? ^^ Anyway, can't way for him/his agency to announce his next project :) 

His fanmeeting was very fun and so informative, I have other things to talk about this one, I'll keep it for later :) 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

He talked a bit about the offers he is getting during his fanmeeting yesterday. Seems like Directors are still seeking him out to play in sageuk from what I understood, but he is ready to turn it down no matter how good it looks this time. I wouldn't mind if it was a sageuk movie though. Sageuk movie then a modern drama (or the other away around). I was pretty much against his casting in Moon Lovers, but after the Wang So he served us, what's more is there to say ? ^^ Anyway, can't way for him/his agency to announce his next project :) 

Same here. I totally don't mind if he is up for another sageuk. Actually, one of my favourite writers, Kim Eun Hee who penned the acclaimed TvN's Signal is writing a sageuk drama to be released next year. When I read "sageuk", I thought it would be nice to have Joon Gi starring in a drama from this very solid writer, yet he has said that he won't be doing sageuk anymore, at least for a time being. So many been complaining that he did too many sageuk but other actors could carry on doing modern dramas and never did sageuk once, yet not receiving such complaints. Sigh. But in term of career strategy wise, it would be good for him to take a break with one modern contemporary drama before returning to his genre-forte. All he needs now is to give a jolt of freshness and for audiences especially the domestic audiences to see a new side of him. That Lotte Web Drama is a good start. With his explosive popularity especially on international front, I hope he would capitalize from this new height of fame and won't be taking too long a time away from doing another drama. I hope he would take chances when his marketability overseas is still sky high and really hoping those good scripts and roles from solid team of writers and directors would finally land on him so that he could continue with his second round of career boost and popularity. All the best, Joon Gi.

On a side note, I like MLSHR, mostly only for LJG. I can't say much about how I feel over the drama (having come to love only to settle with liking enough), my words won't be so kind, I had enough frustrations that I had mentioned elsewhere and for the love of Joon Gi, I hope that lady luck will follow him - no more encounter with the team that would ended botching up what could have been an epic masterpiece. I am all glad that he still walked out of this drama smelling like roses, in fact, being the only one who received unanimous praises and benefited from it. He truly deserves it all the way.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

Can i have that tongue pleaseeee lol

Just kidding..

If you do I'll take the tongue then kkkkkk :w00t:

I've finished ML 5 minutes ago.

Must wipe off tears that fell on my desk. Also must drink water 'cause I'm dehydrated (crying!)... Please, someone kill me now... I'm so sad I can't remember when was the last time I felt so sad. Oh wait - NEVER SAID GOODBYE!!! Sniff...

Joon Gi decided to kill us all with sadness (and his hotness) this year... so cruel... I hope his next project will have a happy ending. 

I know there's a lot of hope in the last episode (talking about next incarnations and Wang So (amazing eyes of Joon Gi!) swearing he'll find his beloved Soo - I hope he'll find her in another world.. Gosh, I want to see this!). The SooSo daughter was adorable! :wub: And she was so shy with Wang So who was piercing her with his eyes... not to mention - my heart melted like every time I see Joon Gi playing with children.

Ok so.. concluding - I liked the drama the way it is. Some faults I didn't see, some I didn't care, those I've noticed are mostly details. No matter what nothing can take away those emotions I felt while watching ML.

Joon Gi just proved he's one of the best actors in the world - his Wang So is so real, so human, so believable... so... so everything! Joon Gi can be modest as much as he likes I know better - this is a role he had to play one day and he did one fantastic job with this. His Wang So was scary and hurt, he made me want to hold him and be aware of him - the mixture of things I felt is killing me. But that's the thing I want to see when a good actor takes good role - I want to see the character not the actor. Sure I know it's Joon Gi but the moment I started every new episode I forgot about it as soon as I put my eyes on Wang So. Joon Gi didn't just play Wang So - he WAS him. And if someone still wonder why he has so many fans this is the answer: sure he's handsome as hell, sure he's wonderful person, but don't you think he can't play because is a great actor. :) 

• Like 14

12 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

JG shall be busy until the end of the year

Lee Jong Suk, Lee Jun Ki, EXO's Kai, Ji Chang Wook, Taecyeon, Park Hae Jin cast in a web drama (kkuljaem)

news 1 - Naver: [Exclusive] Lee Jong Suk, Lee Jun Ki, Ji Chang Wook, Park Hae Jin to gather up... 'First Kiss for the Sixth Time'
1. [+138, -9] Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jong Suk, Park Hae Jin, Kai, Ok Taecyeon. The lineup is jjang. Each one has individual charms and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope they all become close friends

2. [+135, -9] Got only the handsome ones..

3. [+120, -7] What kind of web drama has a lineup like that.. daebak

4. [+147, -21] Hul Lee Jong Suk.. Lee Jun Ki.. daebakㄷㄷ

Lee Jong Suk, Lee Jun Ki, Ji Chang Wook, Park Hae Jin, EXO's Kai, and 2PM'sTaecyeon all in one drama? According to News 1, this is actually happening!

In 'First Kiss for the Sixth Time', Choi Ji Woo (played by Lee Cho Hee) attempts to pick the perfect partner for her first kiss among 6 different men. Her options are Lee Jong Suk, playing a top star, Ji Chang Wook, a sexy secret agent, Lee Jun Ki, a chaebol and church oppa, Park Hae Jin, a romantic coworker, Kai the adorable younger male friend, and Taecyeon, a naive rich kid.

The unbelievably amazing cast is for a new web drama titled, 'First Kiss for the Sixth Time'. It's a web drama produced by the 'Lotte Duty Free Shop', and will likely act as a promotional tool for the brand. Actress Lee Cho Hee, whomyou might recognize asHwang Jung Eum's friend from drama 'Lucky Romance', has been cast as the female lead. (allkpop)

Hi LyraYoo, thanks for sharing this great news. This will be a star-studded web-drama & love the cast! Looking forward to this drama. :P

• Like 7

8 hours ago, cedarwood said:

If you do I'll take the tongue then kkkkkk :w00t:

I've finished ML 5 minutes ago.

Must wipe off tears that fell on my desk. Also must drink water 'cause I'm dehydrated (crying!)... Please, someone kill me now... I'm so sad I can't remember when was the last time I felt so sad. Oh wait - NEVER SAID GOODBYE!!! Sniff...

Joon Gi decided to kill us all with sadness (and his hotness) this year... so cruel... I hope his next project will have a happy ending. 

I know there's a lot of hope in the last episode (talking about next incarnations and Wang So (amazing eyes of Joon Gi!) swearing he'll find his beloved Soo - I hope he'll find her in another world.. Gosh, I want to see this!). The SooSo daughter was adorable! :wub: And she was so shy with Wang So who was piercing her with his eyes... not to mention - my heart melted like every time I see Joon Gi playing with children.

Ok so.. concluding - I liked the drama the way it is. Some faults I didn't see, some I didn't care, those I've noticed are mostly details. No matter what nothing can take away those emotions I felt while watching ML.

Joon Gi just proved he's one of the best actors in the world - his Wang So is so real, so human, so believable... so... so everything! Joon Gi can be modest as much as he likes I know better - this is a role he had to play one day and he did one fantastic job with this. His Wang So was scary and hurt, he made me want to hold him and be aware of him - the mixture of things I felt is killing me. But that's the thing I want to see when a good actor takes good role - I want to see the character not the actor. Sure I know it's Joon Gi but the moment I started every new episode I forgot about it as soon as I put my eyes on Wang So. Joon Gi didn't just play Wang So - he WAS him. And if someone still wonder why he has so many fans this is the answer: sure he's handsome as hell, sure he's wonderful person, but don't you think he can't play because is a great actor. :) 

Hi cedarwood, right now, I can't share my thoughts about the drama since I wasn't able to watch this continuously during its airing - I'm waiting for the DVD copy to be available in the market so I could get my own copy. But, I was so thrilled to know that the drama has managed to hit double-digit ratings in SK. I heard that the show’s ratings continue to soar in Malaysia and Singapore as well. It is the top-rated and No.1 K-drama series in 2016, surpassing ‘Doctors’, ‘Descendants of the Sun’ and ‘Moonlight Drawn By Clouds’. For those who missed the series or just want to relive the memories, I heard that this will have a re-run in Malaysia next month, December. :P

t

• Like 11

13 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

@larus, right. There were some major behind the scene issues I'm so frustrated at how this show was handled. Some rumors said it was supposed to be longer, like 30 episodes but got cut down to 20. Big, big mistake. But even with the flaws it was addictive, LJG was addictive and he has outdone himself once again. I was very surprised by Sung Yeol last year, but Wang So is just mind blowing. I overall loved the writing of the character and how it was executed by LJG. And no matter how Hae Soo character was (often) frustrating I loved LJG & IU chemistry and couldn't help but wanted them to have a happy ending together. LJG doesn't really do happy drama but this one is particularly sad, Wang So is just tragic. I usually hate sad ending like that (too much for me to handle ^^), the things LJG can make me watch... :P 

It may have crushed down in the rating departments in Korea (until MDBC ends) but it was a hot topic - even in Korea - during its whole run and had HUGE popularity overseas. LJG really gained a lot with this drama, as his number of followers shows and the deal with Lotte, which is a big thing. 

Web dramas are usually short, and since there is 6 of them, and it's for advertising, his part will probably be short and he might have finished the shooting of it already. First time playing a chaebol ah ah (if I don't count my girl). What's with the "church oppa" though ^^ 

His fanmeeting was very fun and so informative, I have other things to talk about this one, I'll keep it for later :) 

Hi leesopark, I wonder if you were there during the FM. If so, wow - lucky you, girl. Based from those clips that I've watched during the event, I love that part where he held a variety of interactions with fans from acting out a suggested scene from the drama and offering free hugs. That fan who received a back hug from LJK was so lucky indeed! Watching the video of that part I could say that part captured the hearts of the audience. I hope he will continue to show good projects. :P

• Like 8

14 hours ago, larus said:

I finished to watch Moon Lovers. What can I say? Watching the first episodes I could not see why there were so many critical voices about the drama but I came to understand why. I think the actors did a good job with what they had and I am glad that Joon Gi was praised so much, deservedly so. For me, the major problem was the choppy storytelling. I felt like they took the major scenes from the original and did not unite them organically. I am glad that I did not see the original. The adaptations are not easy to do. Moon Lovers would definitely have been much better but it could have been worst too. Overall, I was satisfied. I was engaged in the story most of the time and I finished the drama without struggling to finish it. That`s good. I don`t regret that Joon Gi chose this drama. On paper, it had a good premise and he had a good role. I wish that he will be more lucky in the future but more than a successful show, I want him to be in a good production (even if the ratings are not very high). I am looking forward to see him in the next drama.

I wish I will see him in a non action drama for his next project. The web drama.... let see how it will be. It will be a short appearance from what I read. Looking forward to it (it will be my first webdrama) and for other more projects. He is a busy bee... :D

Hi larus, oh, short appearance? This web drama will be called "Six Kisses" (literal translation of the Korean title will be “kissed six times”).  WOW - the fortunate lady who gets to work with these men is whoever the female lead here.  Count me in! Because of these men, the cast - you’ll need firemen and medics on standby. Hahaha -  I can’t imagine anyone skipping this one. :P

• Like 7

On 11/2/2016 at 11:56 AM, Rose34 said:

Actor JG shows gratitude towards his fans from all over the world! What a wonderful actor. :heart: His popularity after this drama definitely sky-rocketed! His instagram followers from around in its hundred thousands (around 300K+ before the drama, I can't really remember) jumped to 1.3 Million followers. Around 1 Million new followers gained just by the drama itself!! Scarlet Heart Ryeo is definitely a major international hit!

He truly deserved it! His acting is phenomenal in this drama! I hope he is looking over scripts and come back with a new project early next year!

Hi Rose, LJK has always been known for being good at fan service. NICE that he held a FM recently  for free and I heard that there were over 10,000 fans who applied but only 598 made it to watch the drama together with LJK. I'm sure that LJK and his fans had great times and memories. Hence, he's just so thankful.  :P

• Like 7

4 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi leesopark, I wonder if you were there during the FM. If so, wow - lucky you, girl. Based from those clips that I've watched during the event, I love that part where he held a variety of interactions with fans from acting out a suggested scene from the drama and offering free hugs. That fan who received a back hug from LJK was so lucky indeed! Watching the video of that part I could say that part captured the hearts of the audience. I hope he will continue to show good projects. :P

No no I wasn't there. Korea is too far away ~ ^^ I'm basing my comment from the vapp broadcast, which filmed the entire fanmeeting except the part when he came back on stage after the episode finished airing (but there are fancams for that ;) ).

• Like 8