Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@petito, tweet to him and invite him once in a while on his twitter and one day he may decide to take a vacation there, who knows. I read somewhere when he talked about visiting foreign countries that he likes to visit countries with historical sites, something like that.

patoi said: @petito, tweet to him and invite him once in a while on his twitter and one day he may decide to take a vacation there, who knows. I read somewhere when he talked about visiting foreign countries that he likes to visit countries with historical sites, something like that.

woah who created that IMX map? Haha totally spot on!
I think it could be partly because he doesn't have enough fans outside those 3 countries? So even if he holds a FM in Malaysia, it is not clear if he can sell enough tickets to recoup the air fare, rental fee of equipment and venue, transport cost, hotel costs, food...
I do wish he can cut down on his FMs though, because I think he should concentrate on his acting, but I think fans from those 3 countries will be upset :/
I hope when he next stars in a movie, he will go visit several countries to promote it. Recently Han Hyo Joo came to my country to promote her movie, so I hope Junki will do the same!

@petito, I tweet him once in a while to remind him about his trip to Thailand. He does not have to do fan meet if it is not commercially viable, like @daegorr mentions above, but wish him to do some variety show that will have shooting in my country hehehe, dream on.
@daegorr, I agree with you that he should cut down fan meets and act in movie and drama more, at least one movie, one drama each year so we can see him on screen more often. But Joon has to choose what is best, so I have to trust him on that.

1385909_677294915637402_722879967_n.jpg
This picture has such a nice nostalgic touch :x The colors, TV.. Wish Junki acts in a drama set in 1920s or 40-50s like Capital Scandal :) Age of Feeling sounded nice, I wonder how it will turn out.. 

1385909_677294915637402_722879967_n.jpg

This picture has such a nice nostalgic touch :x The colors, TV.. Wish Junki acts in a drama set in 1920s or 40-50s like Capital Scandal :) Age of Feeling sounded nice, I wonder how it will turn out.. 

I wonder too but I think popular actors seem don't wanna to do projects in that period cos they would damage their friendship with Japan.

Joongi made photoshoot with that era like clothes also in Ep.J, right? I guess he rejected age of feeling and made us enough with those photos, kk ;))

@patoi, and @petito,   He could potentially combine a project like modeling and a fan meeting in some of the exotic countries in S.E.A or Turkey....?  Would that be too much?

@petito, I love your idea of current historical drama.. We don't get enough of these.... The time span you suggest,  is when Korean was under Japanese occupation... Not sure if there was a lot done about that time period... There was of course the excellent Bridal Mask with Joo Won... Now there is a drama Basketball about that time period... I watched 3.5 episodes and I am not impressed by the writing... I'd rather do a "Jun-Ki" marathon than watch something that is mediocre... There was a movie "2009:Lost Memories" which was a good science fiction about that era...and of course, the excellent film "My Way" with Jang Dong-gun... But other than that, I can't think off the top of my head about others....

I am watching now a historical drama that takes place at the 60-70's (The Firstborn)  and like it..  I don't get to see modern Korean history portrayed in many drama....

FOTO+LEE+JUN+KI-4.jpg

irilight said: @patoi... oh... I hope he gets there soon...and you get to see him....!

What a treat that would be... :)>- :)>- :)>-

Here's a bit about his trip and Two Weeks...

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 20px !important; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Recent drama Two Weeks’ hero Lee Joon Ki plays on his Asian tour including Korea, China and Japan
Actor Lee Joon Ki will tour Asia of Korea, China and Japan.
According to his agency yesterday, Lee, 31, will begin to perform in Seoul on December 14, 2013. He will keep going on his show in Japan: Nagoya on January 27, Osaka on January 28, and Yokohama on January 30, 2014. As final destination for tour, he will visit China to meet his fans in Beijing on January 4, Shanghai on January 11, and Guangzhou on February 15, 2014.
The outstanding actor never shrink from the challenges to show mournful acting of paternal love as great as maternal love with his difficult action scenes in the television series, which beckoned the viewers abroad as well as home. Especially, the drama ended with an enthusiastic response from audiences, and he decided to travel Asian countries to thank them for their big love.
Lee Joon Ki, who is well known for fully immersing himself of his intense and passionate stage talent, has held fan meetings every year. The concert of “LEE JOON GI ASIA TOUR JG NIGHT” is expected to be passionate like its title.
Compared to another actors’ typical fan meetings, Lee has taken his stage performance to another level and his shows themselves have been highly valued with his energy and detailed preparation.
“I am deeply grateful to many fans for their love and I am so excited to see the overseas fans face to face.” said Lee before his fan meeting.
The hero of Two Weeks devoting himself to preparation of his Asian tour will take a rest for a while after his fan meetings and will consider his next drama or film.

Source: KoreanDrama.com

Guest ziimblu

petito said: 1385909_677294915637402_722879967_n.jpg

Guest ziimblu

I don't know if I mentioned this before but Lee Jun Ki would be perfect too doing same genre & serious material like HyunBin's TV drama "Friend, our Legend"

@merry no, no, no need to thank me for translation, I still haven't done the part 2 of that interview last time haha. I've been a fan of Junki for a long time too but I only started to follow his news more closely after he came back from army. Before that, I only watched his shows. So I was quite surprised to see that many overseas fans are upset with his management company. 
I also think the modern history genre is very interesting! I really enjoyed Bridal Mask last year, so I was very excited when I heard the news that Junki was considering Age of Feeling. But now that project is in limbo, and even Kwon Sang Woo rejected it, so I guess that show might not be very good after all? Then luckily he dropped it. I also agree that he's probably wary about taking this kind of genre because of the historical sensitivities, and he has so many fans in China and Japan who may get offended. 
Today, there was a new announcement that about a new action drama called Three Days about bodyguards protecting the president, and I can totally imagine Lee Junki acting in it! This is totally right up his alley. But since he is looking at rom-com now...

@daegorr, I have just finished reading about that new drama Three Days with Micky Yoo Chun as main lead. The minute I read about the storyline I immediately think of uri Joon, what a perfect role for him. Unfortunately, they already cast Micky. Well, we'll wait for Joonn to find another good script for drama and/or movie. Keep fingers crossed.

I think Jun Ki should challenge other roles as well. He already proved he can do action very good, but I think a good actor should do very good with all kinds of genre. And I believe he can do it, he just needs the challenge. And rom-com as the male lead is what he has left last because he thought he lacks experience (well, I believe you don't need the atual experince to play a serial killer, for example) and what romance he had so far he did it good. Like in Iljimae everyone was torned between the two ladies and who should be with him :)). Not to mention the kisses in TBDW.    :\"> Be it an awsome movie or a drama, be it soon!(now, off to fangirl about Yoochun's new drama :)) )

So, Park Ha Sun goes from Two Weeks to Three Days! Haha
I read in one of her recent interviews that she wants to act as a female Jang Taesan, and wished she could act in an action drama where she can do all those action stunts like Junki . Maybe that's why she's considering this drama!

I realise my previous post was kind of off-topic for this thread. Oops :(
Let me start off a new topic. Are you all looking forward to his new album? There will be 2 new songs and 3 remakes of his older songs.
Personally I'm not terribly excited about it. I did like the songs in his previous CBC album but the horrendous English lyrics really ruined everything. I hope he sings in Korean this time. I wonder which of his old songs will he remake. I notice he has been performing a rock version of "One Word" at his fan meetings. I prefer the original to the rock version though. Actually, I feel that all his old songs still sound very current at this day and age, and I still enjoy listening to some of them, so I think remakes are totally unnecessary.