Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Omg I wanted to talk about that exact same scene too. And when she sees him again - without the vision this time - and he smirks, then turns back and look straight at the camera. Oh my goodness he sent me chills like never before. I am truly scared of Wang So right now. Like if he had an hidden agenda all along and got what he wanted right at this moment and now is the time he'll get back at every single person who did him wrong. Might also be just to scare the audience and forshadow what is going to happen - without Wang So knowing it himself right now. But wow it was effective. And the obsessiveness towards Hae Soo will start as well. I'm glad she considered him her friend and was today romantically swayed by him before her vision occurs. Or else she would stay as far away from him as she can. Now, she can't. Wow... I was wondering - and hoping - if they would go for the dark heartless (to some people only) Wang So. I'm glad we'll get that. Or maybe that's where Hae Soo part is to play - to prevent him to be a cruel ruler (and kill/hurt his brothers on his way to the throne). Bring it on show ! ^^ 

When you think you've seen everything of LJK's acting already and he proves you wrong yet again... Amazing.

• Like 12

agreed with all of you, his acting gives me chills. He is just awesome! I kept watching the Gwangjong scene over and over and it really interesting to see his ambitions and emotions in his eyes, it looks like he gained his full confidence... what an amazing acting from LJK. can't wait for tomorrow!

• Like 11

I haven't seen new episode yet so I'll focus on the interview (thank you @elisluvgeunscouple!).

" I want to present to people stories that can help them forget and escape from reality occasionally or offer healing to them. "

Thank you, Joon Gi. You already do it. And that's one of many reasons why you're my favourite! :heart:

PS As for voting - done of course! :) 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Omg I wanted to talk about that exact same scene too. And when she sees him again - without the vision this time - and he smirks, then turns back and look straight at the camera. Oh my goodness he sent me chills like never before. I am truly scared of Wang So right now. Like if he had an hidden agenda all along and got what he wanted right at this moment and now is the time he'll get back at every single person who did him wrong. Might also be just to scare the audience and forshadow what is going to happen - without Wang So knowing it himself right now. But wow it was effective. And the obsessiveness towards Hae Soo will start as well. I'm glad she considered him her friend and was today romantically swayed by him before her vision occurs. Or else she would stay as far away from him as she can. Now, she can't. Wow... I was wondering - and hoping - if they would go for the dark heartless (to some people only) Wang So. I'm glad we'll get that. Or maybe that's where Hae Soo part is to play - to prevent him to be a cruel ruler (and kill/hurt his brothers on his way to the throne). Bring it on show ! ^^ 

When you think you've seen everything of LJK's acting already and he proves you wrong yet again... Amazing.

Agree. I keep replaying that scene and it feels that that scene alone, is like the catalyst to set everything into motion for the entire drama. Aside from LJK's superb acting, emoting and transcend the fearsome aura just through his eyes, the editing should also be given well-deserving credits. I mean, the flip of scenes between the smiling Wang So whom is a wounded puppy, longing for love and acceptance and had yet to have any agenda and the smirking Gwangjong who had vanquished all his opponents to claim the throne is truly mind-blowing. I think this is the moment when Wang So realized that the throne is just a step away and when he will turn all ambitious, knowing that nothing is impossible now and with the rain, that may be in fact heaven and God has chosen him. 

Come to think of it, the scene was so subtle, nothing grandiose (like blood or dead bodies) with LJK just stood there in the king's robe, turning away with a subtle smirk and yet the eyes....my gosh.....I couldn't describe how spectacular that acting was. The eyes speak everything that describing Gwangjong - cruel, power hungry, ambition. You can't see the wounded or angsty Wang So there (even when he killed the monks, those eyes weren't that scary). Never had I watched any performance by any korean actors so far that gave me that goosebumps and I am not even exaggerating.

LJK....you earn all my respect in this world. If he is not getting any award from SBS this year's end, then I will be entirely speechless. BTW, his IG followers is nearing 800K....I am not surprised he will hit 1 million by next week. He is truly an incredible actor. 

9 hours ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

Thats make the trending, the scene when wang so changed into Gwangjong, they said his eyes were scary and Cold! that was the eyes of the cruel Gwangjong as the history told us. He potrayed Gwanjong cruelness by his facial and eyes

BTW, how you know MLSHR is also a trending topic in Malaysia?

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

Malaysian post it on #scarletheartryeo, they said, it was trending topic last night

I am Malaysian too. I am aware that the drama is receiving so much love judging from the feedbacks that I read from ONE TV Asia social media page. I don't hear much about MDBC in my country.

• Like 9

@sukbin, I agree the directing/editing/music was excellent for that scene. Combined with excellent acting as well, here is what you get :) Yup, he never scared me like this before. Because despite his rude and violent behavior in the early eps, apart from the last sentence to the monk where we could see a bit of crazyness and sadism, Wang So was always hurting inside and being emotional but here he is cold and merciless as Gwangjong. 

By the way, the last scene got the highest rating of the episode, peaking at 12,8 :) 
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002989536&lfrom=twitter

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

By the way, the last scene got the highest rating of the episode, peaking at 12,8 :) 
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002989536&lfrom=twitter

You know what? This is what they should have done from the very beginning....GIVE ALL THE SCREENTIME TO LEE JUN KI.... and the ratings will surge. And save all the close-up shots for LJK alone while the rest just settle with long shots cause only LJK (second come KHN) can express 10 emotions in a single eye-bat. And now that his mask has been removed and that beautiful full face is on display, may be we will get double digit rating! I will perform the rating ritual today! :D

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, sukbin said:

You know what? This is what they should have done from the very beginning....GIVE ALL THE SCREENTIME TO LEE JUN KI.... and the ratings will surge. And save all the close-up shots for LJK alone while the rest just settle with long shots cause only LJK (second come KHN) can express 10 emotions in a single eye-bat. And now that his mask has been removed and that beautiful full face is on display, may be we will get double digit rating! I will perform the rating ritual today! :D

Hi sukbin, I couldn't agree with you more - :P

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, sukbin said:

I will perform the rating ritual today! :D

May I join? This drama deserves high ratings so if you need any help from an eager padawan then... ;)

Still haven't seen last episode (no subs! :tears:) but from what you all write about it it must be a killer episode! Can't wait to see it!

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, sukbin said:

U are right, earlier episodes kinda boring becoz uri junki has. A few screen, they were focuses on 8th prince. I was thinking, was it about 4th or 8th prince coz 8th prince got more scene. 

They should give junki more scene from the very beginning. All of us wanna see it becoz of jun ki. 

Lol rating ritual? Tell how I do it. Then i'll do it too hahaha

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

May I join? This drama deserves high ratings so if you need any help from an eager padawan then... ;)

Still haven't seen last episode (no subs! :tears:) but from what you all write about it it must be a killer episode! Can't wait to see it!

Sure chingu. We should perform ratings ritual all over the world. I can ask my younger sister to join, she has been obsessed styling her bangs and kept rubbing to my face that she could pull off that Wang So's look due to her longer bangs. Urgh! 

I guarantee you that it's a killer episode, sending the audiences to overdrive and led to trending here and there, all greatest thanks to LJK's deathly gaze.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Still no subs yet? In ur language or english? Eng sub has already done

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

U are right, earlier episodes kinda boring becoz uri junki has. A few screen, they were focuses on 8th prince. I was thinking, was it about 4th or 8th prince coz 8th prince got more scene. 

They should give junki more scene from the very beginning. All of us wanna see it becoz of jun ki. 

Lol rating ritual? Tell how I do it. Then i'll do it too hahaha

Can't blame the earlier episode showcasing more 8th because they basically following closely the plot of the original Scarlet Heart but that's always the problem when pitting another actor on-screen against LJK, none can actually win against him. Look at how he dominated the last 2 episodes, the moment he took over the screentime, everyone just submerged into the background.

Let's perform the ritual the way Wang So did. He did the impossible and so should we. Apply your BB cream and we could even move heaven and let us be showered with torrential downpour of ratings tonight. 

• Like 9

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 8

photo765053.jpg

The soundtrack in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is really anachronistic, to the point it even manages to overshadow Soo. I'm not saying everything has to be traditional Korean musical instruments all the time. It's just a little off-putting when we're watching a traditional Goryeo ritual with everyone acting like standard characters in a classical costume drama, but then a modern pop song shows up and all of a sudden the immersion is ruined.

It doesn't help that the Goryeo aspects of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" are overwhelmingly the most interesting ones. I'm fairly indifferent to the loveline between Soo and Prince Wook, but I am intrigued by Soon-deok's attempts to get closer to Prince Eun (played by Baekhyun). While Soon-deok is of course completely unsuccessful, it's fun watching her try. Although really, what did Prince Eun think they were going to do with the bird? Keep it as a pet?

And of course we can't forget  Prince So. Props to Lee Joon-ki. The man truly does seem determined to carry the dramatic weight of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" all by himself if necessary, and it's fortunate his role in the ceremony this episode is serious enough to grab a lot of attention. The final iteration of this scene also gives Soo something useful to do for once- although I'm skeptical that this was really a task that Soo and only Soo alone could have come up with. But I'm skeptical in general about the extent to which normal people actually cared about stuff like the divine right of kings.

The conflict still works overall because the important question is not whether other people care about Prince So's scar. It's that Prince So himself has a huge complex about it. Soo, partially because she doesn't really understand Goryeo all that well, only understands the issue with the scar on an abstract level. This simultaneously terrifies and intrigues Prince So. But this also works the other way around, as Soo only realizes at the end of the episode just how unavoidably ominous Prince So really is.

What makes "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" irritating is that these good bits are always sprinkled throughout every episode- it's just that a lot of stuff is happening in between these scenes and in the background that feels rather pointless by comparison. At least the story is picking up. Now that Prince So has achieved the minimum level of self-confidence to be proactive, he can have a more dynamic role in the plot, for better or worse.

Review by William Schwartz

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Jo Yoon-yeong and features Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Baekhyun and Ji Soo.

Episode 8

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

I am also patiently waiting for subs, I wonder why this took so long... But can't wait to see the episode, so I watched it RAW ( even though I couldn't understand whay are they saying but you became more detailed in their acting)

The last min scene is EPIC... The way Wang So stare, no I mean Gwangjong... My gosh it scared me to death, that is an EPIC scene. I couldn't describe JG as an actor. He outshine the whole episode.

1 hour ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

It should be that way bcos they following the novel. In real the feeling without Wang So is like you are watching a different drama. The plot wasn't moving without him around, no thrill, but when he pop up on your screen the plot is moving and the complexity of the other characters are develop. He drives everyone in the drama and even the audience. 

@leesopark16 I have question regarding in rating, if the last scene was rate 12.8%, why it end up in 6.9%, does it mean that they average the rating based on the rate of every scene? 

How can be ....That he is so perfectly made by God..

IMG_20160920_173711_zps1al4uv68.jpg

9 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

@proudme, yes that's right. The final rating we get - 6,9 - is the average ratings of the whole episode. And 12,8 is the peak rating - for a particular scene/minute -.

I thought it was nation rating...anyway who cares bout the rating in korea when it has high rating internationally. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

thought it was nation rating...anyway who cares bout the rating in korea when it has high rating internationally. 

We should care as it's good for his acting career.  High ratings received locally will ensure that he receives more good scripts.  Another favorite actor I admired mentioned before that he has no lack of scripts offered to him but very few good ones he wishes to act in.  It's important that JG's dramas are successful as he wants to be an actor on long term basis.  It's his passion.  I still want to enjoy his performance onscreen years down the road.

• Like 11