Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

On September 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM, dejun said:

@AuroraSky You're right!  JG's portrayal as Wang So really is a screen stealer.  Whenever JG's screen time is few, the show becomes real slow and much less interesting.

@leesopark16 I don't know where to watch the international version of eps 1-3 or so call director's cut. :frown:

@sukbin It's no wonder I find MDBC boring and almost fell asleep watching the first 2 eps.  Now it could be due to PD's or screenwriter's work that's weak.  Comparing the 2 otps of MDBC and MLSHR, I prefer JG and UI who has that charming interactions even if UI's acting is still a bit lacking.

@proudme Ah, this PD still have the directing style I thoroughly dislike but the storyline is still intact and interesting enough.  JG is superb.  I can see his kingly posture as Wang So.  Thanks, for Never Say Goodbye movie update.  I have finished this movie today and was so touched by it.  A really good movie.  Such an unexpected outcome that truly surprised me. The female lead actress is one of the best costars of JG.  And thanks a lot for your recommendation of Kdramas.  Will certainly look into it instead of cracking my head over what to watch next. :D

@Irisz Already watched up to ep 5 currently.  My earlier plan was to wait till later before watching so yeah, will restrain myself till more eps are available so I can marathon at a few eps in one go.  :blush:  Purely curious why ratings can be low nationally when JG's drama is successful internationally.  I only care about ratings whenever it is JG or my favorite actors/actresses are in that play.

• @AuroraSky i even skip and jump out to JG's scene :lol:
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi cesar, he's breathtaking indeed..................:P:sweatingbullets:

@willenette absolutely!!!!!!! I heard that he was on diet because of the MLSHR (the director want to see him more sharp and manly - if i am not mistaken) and i think his current face shape is makes him look more mature and manly :D

• Like 6

6 hours ago, cesar33 said:

i watched the Arang and The Magistrate drama and guess what? I am captivated with his acting. In the MLSHR his acting is really mesmerize me :heart:

Buahahahhahaha!!! Welcome to our Joon Gi's heaven! :D 

I know what you mean - his acting is really good. And it's getting better and better (I can't find perfect words to describe how great he plays Wang So!).

• Like 8

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/22910/20160922/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-actor-lee-joon-gi-better.htm

‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Actor Lee Joon Gi Better Than A Goryeo Prince or Modern Boy?

BY KAREN LYDELLE LINAJA / SEP 22, 2016 06:41 AM EDT

moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-actor-lee-joon-gi-better-than-a-goryeo-prince-or-modern-boy.jpg?w=750 ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Actor Lee Joon Gi Better Than A Goryeo Prince or Modern Boy?

Many fans are conversing about Lee Joon Gi's appearance as a Goryeo prince and a modern Korean man.

Recently, actor-singer Lee Joon Gi posted two photos in his official Instagram account. The two contrasting photos made his fans argue about which look suits him well. Is it either the Modern era look or the Goryeo era look. Some fans said that the modern era look suits the actor because it shows his casual, flower boy look. On the other hand, some fans like his "Goryeo prince" look because Lee's over all appearance suits the aura of a Goryeo prince in the Goryeo dynasty.

Lee Joon-gi or Lee Jun-ki is one of the most popular actors in South Korea. He was known as kkotminam or flower boy idol. Lee's acting career started when he played the role of Gong-gil in the drama "The King and the Clown". Many producers are impressed by his acting skills so he appeared in several Korean TV dramas likeTime Between Dog and Wolf, Arang and the Magistrate, IIjimae, and Joseon Gunman.Currently, Lee is the lead role in the ongoing historical Korean drama entitled "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo".

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo has already attained lots of attention due to its star-studded cast and interesting storyline. Lee Joon Gi plays the role of the 4th Prince Wang So. He amazed the fans with his outstanding acting and convincing role as a fierce and hard-headed prince from the Goryeo era.

The story of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is about a girl named Hae Soo (IU) who travelled back in time at the Goryeo dynasty where she met the Wang Famil'y princes. The 4th Prince Wang So is a struggled soul with a dark past and killed many people but everything changes as he falls in love with Hae Soo.

The 35-year old actor showed off both his casual modern look versus his royal attire goryeo prince look on his Instagram account. Many fans are already excited for the next episode of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. Hence, they are also anticipating the romance between Prince Wang So and IU.

Furthermore, the South Korean actor has already made his stepping stone to Hollywood because Lee will be appearing in the popular movie "Resident Evil" which will be premiered on theaters worldwide next year.

WHICH OF THE TWO PHOTOS YOU PREFER?

Modern Era Look Of Lee Joon Gi
Photo : Lee Joon-Gi Official Instagram post) Modern Era Look Of Lee Joon Gi
Goryeo Prince Look
(Photo : Lee Joon Gi Official Instagram Post) Goryeo Prince Look

• Like 15

Glad to see everyone appreciate the pics.  Still got no time to reply and wanna say it's the first time I see JG's Kdrama or any historical Kdramas that has palace scene of this grandeur:

RO50472881_w1000_h0_zpspzexcqcz.jpg

JG & UI lovely scenes together though few but left deep impressions:

17RO91484381_w1000_h0_zpscseiuz4b.jpg

Spoiler

15RO44929627_w1000_h0_zpso3akg3im.jpg

13RO54396761_w1000_h0_zpso75odyxn.jpg

29RO70594492_w1000_h0_zpsw1mlii4w.jpg

21RO29477608_w1000_h0_zpspmm0ls8o.jpg

Spoiler

22RO20181738_w1000_h0_zpskryr8q3w.jpg

Credits: As tagged

• Like 14

I like him in both modern or sageuk, he always looking smokin hot to me haha.... 

well I am rewatching TBDW again, since I need my daily dose of uri Joon until next monday, and I must say I am impressed to see his acting there, again. He did a very good job then, he does an amazing job now. He always gives 100% in his acting, I wish he could get a new project soon. I hope it will be a movie, not a TV drama. Personally I think he needs to expand his career and take a good new movie project. Because he started in a movie (KNTC) and I think he needs to be back in a movie again, and hopefully it will become blockbuster again. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

Please chingus.. can someone be kind enough to translate these 2 video in english, I know it's old but the story looked very touching and I really appreciate it. Thank you so much :):) 

Our Joon is such a kind hearted man 

http://www.4shared.com/video/CKRGrqk6ce/LOVEHDTVH264720p-Joongall_iBea.html

http://www.4shared.com/video/qyUi-qufce/LOVEHDTVH264720p-Joongall_iBea.html

http://www.4shared.com/video/rjsT6DDuce/LOVEHDTVH264720p-Joongall_iBea.html

http://www.4shared.com/video/8kZhkguyba/LOVEHDTVH264720p-Joongall_iBea.html

Plesse enjoy it.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lyn_lyn said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! you are the best :) 

edited: I have finished watching it, wow I was in tears. Very touching show. I love Kim Ha Neul, she's such a sweetheart.

And JoonGi is such a fine man, he can cook, he's also very handy, wow..... do you guys think he dates somebody? He needs real love like WS hahaha.....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, leesopark16 said:

Can't choose ~ He looks good in both ! :) 

I'm with you. I can't choose. He looks scrumptious in both.  I do prefer his hair the length he has it now. I don't care for the super short look on him because his ears stick out more if it is too short.  

I know most everyone else wants to see him in a rom com but it seems pretty obvious that the viewers in SK don't want him to compete with the younger actors....and those are the roles they most often appear in.   

I think he  needs a role where all viewers see it appropriate for him. A  character his own age with a lot of action and a bit less of the love at first sight stuff. How many shows do we see where a doctor, or soldier is played by a 20 something. . By the time you're out of med school and have worked your way up to be in charge or the head of something you're closing in on thirty not 20. That type of personality follows their parents rules. My mom  says you shouldn't consider a relationship until thirty. Career first, relationship 2nd.  Just how many 20 something brilliant doctors or business owners in their 20s do Korean audiences think  are out there?  Joon's age in life is realistic. He is single and in his early thirties because he has focused his life on his career.  That is the kind of character he should play one closer to who he is IRL.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, minmar said:

I'm with you. I can't choose. He looks scrumptious in both.  I do prefer his hair the length he has it now. I don't care for the super short look on him because his ears stick out more if it is too short.  

I know most everyone else wants to see him in a rom com but it seems pretty obvious that the viewers in SK don't want him to compete with the younger actors....and those are the roles they most often appear in.   

I think he  needs a role where all viewers see it appropriate for him. A  character his own age with a lot of action and a bit less of the love at first sight stuff. How many shows do we see where a doctor, or soldier is played by a 20 something. . By the time you're out of med school and have worked your way up to be in charge or the head of something you're closing in on thirty not 20. That type of personality follows their parents rules. My mom  says you shouldn't consider a relationship until thirty. Career first, relationship 2nd.  Just how many 20 something brilliant doctors or business owners in their 20s do Korean audiences think  are out there?  Joon's age in life is realistic. He is single and in his early thirties because he has focused his life on his career.  That is the kind of character he should play one closer to who he is IRL.

Well, I'm not against him starring in a rom-com - with an actress about his age, with an interesting plot. Rom-com aren't only for young actors. So Ji Sub, Eric Mun, Cha Seung Won, Jang Dong Geun, they can still do rom-coms in their 30's and 40's :) Only the rom-coms will be more mature, and I'm all in for that. 

But it's not really the roles he is looking for anyway. The meatier and more realistic roles are in movies and some cable dramas. Would be nice to see him in movies, with good directors and veteran actors whom he can learn from. 

Anyway, I can see we are all waiting eagerly to see what his next project will be :) 

@Mona Ys, he was still a bit raw here and there in TBDAW but still as mesmerizing as now. The contrast between Soo Hyun and Kai is stunning. The range, the amazing range he has... And it really felt classically old-school and hong-kong-ish. I don't think there is a lot of anti-hero like Kai in kdramas. TBDAW is a one of a kind drama, with a great cast from the young to veteran actors.
(I don't remember how it's written, Kai or Kei ? ^^)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Well, I'm not against him starring in a rom-com - with an actress about his age, with an interesting plot. Rom-com aren't only for young actors. So Ji Sub, Eric Mun, Cha Seung Won, Jang Dong Geun, they can still do rom-coms in their 30's and 40's :) Only the rom-coms will be more mature, and I'm all in for that. 

Rain Bi also still exist in rom com. Can someone tell me, how many modern drama that he did , I mean as the lead male? TBDAW, two weeks, my girl? I think he did many saeguk more than modern one?

Well he is the king of saeguk, right?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

Rain Bi also still exist in rom com. Can someone tell me, how many modern drama that he did , I mean as the lead male? TBDAW, two weeks, my girl? I think he did many saeguk more than modern one?

Well he is the king of saeguk, right?

Of course there are many more :) 

There's Hero too. Maybe the least interesting of his dramas, still has good points though. I liked the female lead very much in it. 
He is not the lead in My Girl.
Also, all of his movies are modern works except for the King and the Clown. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

But it's not really the roles he is looking for anyway. The meatier and more realistic roles are in movies and some cable dramas. Would be nice to see him in movies, with good directors and veteran actors whom he can learn from. 

Anyway, I can see we are all waiting eagerly to see what his next project will be :) 

@Mona Ys, he was still a bit raw here and there in TBDAW but still as mesmerizing as now. The contrast between Soo Hyun and Kai is stunning. The range, the amazing range he has... And it really felt classically old-school and hong-kong-ish. I don't think there is a lot of anti-hero like Kai in kdramas. TBDAW is a one of a kind drama, with a great cast from the young to veteran actors.
(I don't remember how it's written, Kai or Kei ? ^^)

@leesopark16 No there are rom com out there but at this point I would like also to see him in a meatier role and that normally isn't a rom com. He absolutely could do it, he is so naturally funny anyway,,,,,:lol:

@Mona YsI have always seen it spelled Kai but that doesn't mean it is right just that it is the way I've seen it.:rolleyes:

@elisluvgeunscouple  He has done quite a few modern things in movies but much less in Dramas.  He definitely loves doing action, dressing up and doing fantasy.  It sounds as if he wants something more mature and action oriented (while his body is still able to do it)  That makes me think of roles like TBDAW or Two Weeks.   I know you're gonna hate me for this but I am tired of the romance stuff. I want to see him really kick some..you know what.  Where we can just drool over him and what he can do.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, minmar said:

@elisluvgeunscouple   I know you're gonna hate me for this but I am tired of the romance stuff. I want to see him really kick some..you know what.  Where we can just drool over him and what he can do.

Lol not gonna hate you coz I prefer him in action rather than romance lol, except arang and the magistrate ( fantasy romance ) lol coz I love the chemistry between him and shin min ah

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Of course there are many more :) 

There's Hero too. Maybe the least interesting of his dramas, still has good points though. I liked the female lead very much in it. 
He is not the lead in My Girl.
Also, all of his movies are modern works except for the King and the Clown. 

So..never said goodbye not an action bit romance , right?

I still to love him kicking some a** though

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

So..never said goodbye not an action bit romance , right?

I still to love him kicking some a** though

Never Said Goodbye is a melo-romance. Not a bit of action except 

Spoiler

from his dance moves ;) and him cooly sliding on a car - the action star in him had to come out somewhere xD.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Never Said Goodbye is a melo-romance. Not a bit of action except 

Reveal hidden contents

from his dance moves ;) and him cooly sliding on a car - the action star in him had to come out somewhere xD.

I didnt wrote properly coz of my keyboard  change it automaticly, lol .... I mean not an action but romance...sorry

33 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

I didnt wrote properly coz of my keyboard  change it automaticly, lol .... I mean not an action but romance...sorry

yes I know he did movie projects (rom-com/melo) once with Japan, and the recent one with China, he even did cameo appearance with Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil, but I think he must/should do one good movie project with a good reputable korean director. Whether it will be action or romcom, it doesn't matter, he should get a project that fits into his age. Please no more exchange student or some prince in his 20s LOL..... Actually I like his role as a father in Two Weeks...

Anyway, he needs to shine again in his own country. I think a movie should be his next project, at least he needs to stay away from sageuk dramas for a year or two. Anyone hear anything? Is he looking for a new project now? 

• Like 2

I've just finished movie "love O2O" played by jing boran and angela baby,

i really hope someday lee joon gi will play drama/movie with this chinese girl angela baby, she is really pretty 

i really want to see junki play drama with such beautiful actress :wub::wub:

• Like 3