Hwang Jung Eum 황정음

Guest xxReminisce

December 27, 2015

Cook TV, retro, cable dominate small screens in 2015

By Kwon Ji-youn The Korea Times

Cook TV, music shows and drama series broadcast on Friday and Saturday evenings dominated the small screen this year, with star chefs, big name producers and oldies putting idol groups and reality shows to shame.

If 2014 saw celebrity juniors take center stage, 2015 placed the spotlight on celebrity cooks. Music shows found breakthroughs with innovative formats, while KBS's "The Producers" and tvN's "Reply 1988" kept viewers at home on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Internet shows were a mixed blessing for broadcasters, and cable came out the winner in a battle of sorts with the three major channels and the retro boom has yet to lose steam. Here are keywords that defined entertainment in 2015.

Cook TV

Cheftainers ― a neologism combining chef and entertainer ― including Baek Jong-won, Choi Hyun-seok and Sam Kim cooked up a storm in entertainment this year, teaching viewers how to prepare simple meals at home with readily available ingredients and keeping them enthralled with a sense of humor alongside skills in the kitchen.

"Three Meals a Day," "Please Take Care of My Refrigerator" and "House Cook Master Baek" were among the many cookery shows that came up trumps.

Actors Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin also proved to be as adept in the kitchen, whipping up feast after feast with whatever ingredients they could get their hands on during their stay on remote Manjae Island in "Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village," and tvN's "Let's Eat 2" brought romance and cooking together in a drama series based on the brass tacks of single life and the food that accompanies it.

Fri-Sat dramas, retro

This year, drama series that aired on Friday and Saturday evenings, which are not conventional prime time slots, prevailed.

KBS's "The Producers" flaunted a stellar cast of Kim Soo-hyun and IU, an original plot and impressive cameos. With solid scripting and great acting, it went from great boast to great roast in just 12 episodes.

Cable channel tvN's "Reply 1988" is now the talk of the town, with props, setting and narrative that take audiences back to 1988, reliving the joys and sorrows of the average working-class family, the purity of neighborhood friendships and first loves.

The success of "Reply 1988" proves the retro boom is here to stay, at least for the time being. The year opened with an "Infinite Challenge" episode subtitled "Saturday, Saturday is for Singers," featuring performances by groups and soloists who dominated the music scene in the 1990s, and S.E.S., H.O.T. and Sechs Kies, idols of the 1990s, are rumored to be considering comebacks soon. Turbo released a long-awaited seventh album earlier this month, and original soundtracks for "Reply 1988" are topping the charts.

Other popular drama series this year included MBC's "Kill Me, Heal Me," starring Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum; SBS's "Yong-pal," starring Kim Tae-hee and Joo Won; MBC's "She Was Pretty," starring Hwang and Park Seo-jun; and tvN's "Oh My Ghostess," starring Park Bo-young and Cho Jung-seok.

Star producers

Producers Na Young-seok, Shin Won-ho and Kim Tae-ho are hotter than their shows' cast. Kim, who spearheads the production of MBC's "Infinite Challenge," has carved a substantial fan base for himself, and Shin has proven he is irreplaceable with the "Reply" series. The most recent episode of "Reply 1988" on Saturday garnered an all-time high viewership of 16 percent.

Na's web series "New Journey to the West," featuring members from the first season of KBS's travel show "Two Days and One Night," was also an overwhelming success, despite it being a project for tvN's digital content brand "tvN go," meaning the show's clips were streamed online through a web portal. Expectations are equally high for the latest series "Youth Over Flowers," starring Cho Jung-seok and his friends, set to begin airing on Jan. 1.

Music shows

When entertainers weren't cooking, they were singing.

Music shows on novel platforms were well received this year, with "Mask King" steering the spotlight away from what the contestants look like, or what they are wearing, and instead placing it on how well they sing.

JTBC's "Hidden Singer" made a successful comeback with a fourth season, the lineup of which included BoA, Gummy, Lee Eun-mi and Kim Yeon-woo.

Interactive online shows

Entertainment has witnessed a paradigm shift with MBC's "My Little Television."

The show invited professionals in all walks of life to share with viewers their knowledge and expertise. It brought out the star power in chef Baek, designer Hwang Jae-keun and origami master Kim Young-man, among others, and had them interact with the audience in real time through a chat room.

There were side-effects ― some of the commentary was ill-intended and the producers found it difficult to weed such out. But it brought the Internet, celebrities and audiences together in a unique, content-rich format, a combination that can't go wrong. 

jykwon@ktimes.com

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 26, 2015

Hwang Jung Eum and Han Seol Ah, best friends take a selfie on Christmas

Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net

photo667248.jpg

Hwang Jeong-eum and Han Seol-ah spent Christmas together and shared their duo selfie.

Han Seol-ah posted a photo of the two on her personal Instagram saying "With Jeong-eum on Christmas!!! #daily #selfie #selca #christmas".

In the revealed image, the two beautiful actresses smile lightly while looking into the camera lens.

Hwang Jeong-eum and Han Seol-ah are known to be the best friends in the entertainment circle. When it was known that Han Seol-ah was the one who introduced Hwang Jeong-eum and Han Seol-couple to each other, the friendship of the two actresses drew much attention.

December 28, 2015

Hwang Jung Eum where is Kim Hye Jin from "She Was Pretty"?

Source: AsiaToday via Hancinema.net

photo668189.jpg

Hwang Jung Eum was featured in the January issue of ELLE. Her beauty stands out in this pictorial.

She's wearing warm colored striped knitted sweaters and coats while sitting on leafy stairs in Prague. She matched mannish coats with feminine sweaters and is pulling it off like a supermodel.

Hwang Jung Eum was able to bring out the best in herself with various poses and expressins.

Meanwhile, pictures of the actress can be seen in the January issue of ELLE.

photo668190.jpg

December 31, 2015

Hwang Jung Eum, ‘From Goofy to Goddess’

Source: BNTNews

215sf05evzgolt750lrkhq3qxxr0v6tn.jpg

[by Yoonjung Yi, photo by Kim Chi Yoon, Baek Soo Yeon] On December 30, ‘2015 MBC Drama Awards’ was held at Sangam-dong in Seoul. 

MBC did not release the candidates for the awards and the selection process until the live broadcasting of ‘2015 MBC Drama Awards’. 

For the Grand Award, the nominees were Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hee Sun, Jeon In Hwa, Ji Sung, Cha Seung Won, and Hwang Jung Eum. 

The nominees for the Drama of the Year, which is selected by the audiences, were ‘Legendary Witches’, ‘Make a Woman Cry’, ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol’, ‘She Was Pretty’, and ‘Kill Me, Heal Me’. 

Meanwhile, ‘2015 MBC Drama Awards’ was hosted by Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Sung-kyung. The winners are as follows. (photo by bntnews DB)

1451489549974.jpg

December 30, 2015

MBC Drama Awards Grand Prize winner Ji Sung is a bit flabbergasted to receive also Best Couple Award with Park Seo Joon

Source: Xportsnews via Hancinema.net

photo668758.jpg

Ji Seong expressed his candid feelings about being nominated for Best Couple Award with Park Seo-joon and winning the award actually later on.

Ji Seong said "I'm flabbergasted for being nominated for Best Couple with Park Seo-joon. If I'd win the award, I'd like to receive it with Hwang Jeong-eum', before the winner was announced during MBC Drama Awards ceremony on December 30th.

Park Seo-joon said, "I missed Yona", which incited laughter on the venue.

Twelve couples have been nominated including 'Kill Me, Heal Me' Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum, "She Was Pretty" Park Seo-joon and Hwang Jeong-eum, 'Scholar Who Walks the Night' Lee Joon-ki and Lee Yoo-bi, "Angry Mom" Ji Soo and Kim Hee-seon.

December 30, 2015

Hwang Jung Eum looks stunning in a white off the shoulder dress

Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net

photo668750.jpg

Hwang Jung Eum is responding to photocall for reporters during the pre-event at the MBC Drama Awards 2015 on December 30th.

Hwang Jung Eum looks stunning in the snow white off the shoulder dress with the sexy back details.

The MBC Drama Awards 2015 emceed by Sin Dong-yup and Lee Seong-kyeong was held to celebrate the achievement along with all the stars who presented entertainment and touching stories to the drama fans during the year of 2015.

photo668751.jpg

photo668752.jpg

photo668753.jpg

photo668754.jpg

photo668755.jpg

photo668756.jpg

December 30, 2015

Hwang Jung Eum, crowned with four awards, bursts into tears during acceptance speech

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo668934.jpg

Hwang Jung Eum won Top Excellence Awards – Actress in Miniseries at the MBC Drama Awards 2015, which was held on December 30th.

Hwang Jung Eum said, "Writer Jin Soo-wan, who wrote such an amazing screenplay, 'Kill Me, Heal Me'. The drama will be remembered for a long time. While I worried a lot because it was difficult, I grew through the work. I also thank director Kim Jin-man".

She added, "I am such an actress who would not move even a step forward if I can't understand the script fully, but director Kim Jin-man once spent over an hour to help me understand. Thank you so much". And then she burst into tears.

Hwang Jung Eum continued on. "I'd like to thank writer Jin Soo-wan for creating "She Was Pretty" Hyejin character so lovely and our director, who was so passionate for his debut drama. I still have an instructor for acting, whom I'd like to also appreciate for studying my script with me together. I also want to thank my trusted C-Jes family. I love you mom and dad. Thank you all the staff members, who worked so hard on the filming set"

December 31, 2015

Hwang Jung Eum Wins Big at the “2015 MBC Drama Awards”

Source: Soompi by leejojoba 

Hwang Jung Eum Wins Big at the “2015 MBC Drama Awards”

Actress Hwang Jung Eum breaks down as she wins big at the “2015 MBC Drama Awards” thanks to overwhelming love from her fans for her acting this year.

On December 30 broadcast of “2015 MBC Drama Awards,” Hwang Jung Eum swept four awards: Best Actress Award for Mini Series, 10 Stars Award, Most Popular Award, and Best Actress Voted by Producers.

Hwang Jung Eum commented, “I’ll never forget working on ‘Kill Me, Heal Me.’ I can’t go on as an actor if I don’t understand the script. But the director patiently spent over an hour helping me understand.” She also expressed her gratitude to her crew members from “She Was Pretty,” her agency, her parents, and staff members.

She was also nominated for the Grand Prize. Hwang Jung Eum added, “Of course, I want to receive the Grand Prize. But I personally saw how hard Ji Sung worked on ‘Kill Me, Heal Me.’ I’d be happy to see him win the Grand Prize.”

January 7, 2016

Actress Hwang Jung-eum to wed entrepreneur

SEOUL, Jan. 7 (Yonhap) -- Actress Hwang Jung-eum will marry an entrepreneur next month that she's been dating for half a year, her agency said Thursday.

The "Pretty Woman" actress recently revealed she's been seeing a man named Lee Young-don who is four years her senior.

The exact date or location of the wedding hasn't been determined, but it will occur sometime in February, CJeS Entertainment said.

The former member of the now-defunct girl group Sugar has had a fantastic 2015, playing the lead woman in two MBC soap opera hits "Kill Me, Heal Me" and "Pretty Woman."

She was named best actress by the terrestrial network last year and was unanimously chosen as Actress of the Year by all three terrestrial networks.

Actress Hwang Jung-eum. (Yonhap)

Actress Hwang Jung-eum. (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

January 7, 2016

Hwang Jung-eum to tie knot in February

Actress Hwang Jung-eum, 30, will tie the knot in February.

Following a local media report Thursday on her upcoming wedding, Hwang released an official statement through her agency C-JeS Entertainment saying she would marry her boyfriend of six months Lee Young-don. 

Hwang Jung-eum (OSEN)

Lee is a former golf player who is currently the CEO of a steel company. Hwang publicly acknowledged their relationship in December. 

“We first met through a mutual friend, developed our relationship and decided to stay together forever,” she said, adding that she was drawn by Lee’s continuous support during her busy year, which was packed with acting projects. 

The wedding date and venue are not yet confirmed. 

Hwang dated singer Kim Yong-jun from SG Wannabe for nine years and ended their relationship last year. 

Hwang appeared in two of last year’s most successful dramas -- “Kill Me, Heal Me” and “She Was Pretty” -- and established herself as the one of the most sought-after actresses in the industry. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

January 7, 2016, 

Actress Hwang Jeong Eum to wed in February

Source: The Korea Times

H2016010700099_450.jpg
Hwang Jeong-eum / C-Jes Entertainment

Top hallyu actress Hwang Jeong-eum, 31, who is dating a golfer-turned-businessman, will tie the knot next month, reported various media outlets Thursday.

News of the romance emerged last December. At that time, Hwang confirmed that she is in a relationship with Lee Young-don. A day earlier, an online news outlet ran photos of Hwang and Lee holding hands.

Lee, 34, debuted as a pro-golfer in 2006. He runs a Japanese golf management firm and a steel company.

Hwang, a former member of K-pop band Sugar, built her acting career through dramas such as "Kill Me, Heal Me" and appeared in "She Was Pretty" in 2015.

ejb@ktimes.com,

January 7, 2016

Hwang Jung Eum to Tie the Knot in February!

Source: BNTNews

980g9av3tij5au0uxv81mljjkd9z6tt4.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Actress Hwang Jung Eum will get married in February. 

On January 7, her agency CJeS Entertainment delivered such news through its official statement. 

The agency said, “Actress Hwang Jung Eum will tie the knot in February. The two got to see each other last year and recently decided to spend rest of their lives together. They continued their relationship based on faith and she fell in more love with his support and solid trust despite of her busy schedules.”

It continued, “The most reason why they made such a decision was their parents wanted them to be together forever since their relationship was announced to the world, so they made a happy decision. Even after her marriage, she will meet the audiences through various works as an actress, so please send love and blessings for their new chapter.”

Meanwhile, Hwang Jung Eum’s future husband is Lee Young Don, who currently runs a steel company. (photo by bntnews DB)

January 8, 2016

Hwang Jung-eum to Marry Businessman Next Month

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

Hwang Jung-eum

Actress Hwang Jung-eum will tie the knot with businessman Lee Young-don next month. 

Hwang's management agency C-JeS Entertainment announced her marriage plans in a press release on Thursday. 

The two started dating last year after they were introduced by a mutual friend and Hwang fell in love with Lee because of his warm heart and the support he gave her in coping with her busy schedule, the agency said. 

When the couple's relationship became public knowledge last month, their parents encouraged them to marry, it added.  

Lee, a former professional golfer, now works for his family's steel company, Geoahm Steel.

Hwang made her debut with girl group Sugar in 2002, before moving on to acting. Her breakthrough came in 2009, when she was cast in the hit MBC sitcom "High Kick Through the Roof." A series of solid performances in dramas has since earned Hwang a reputation as one of the most reliable actresses. 

She plans to continue acting after marrying.

January 8, 2016

Actress Hwang Jung Eum to get hitched

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

08054724.jpg

Actress Hwang Jung-eum of the drama “She Was Pretty” will marry a businessman who runs a steel company. 

C-JeS Entertainment, which represents the 31-year-old actress, said on Thursday that Hwang and her fiance will tie the knot on Feb. 25 at The Shilla Seoul, located in Jung District, central Seoul. 

The five-star hotel is often used as a wedding venue for celebrities. 

“Hwang will continue to work on various projects after getting married,” the agency said in a press release. 

Hwang and her fiance, Lee Young-don, have been dating for six months. 

The actress’ relationship became public in December after paparazzi photos of Hwang and her fiance were published by a local entertainment news agency. 

“The parents of Hwang and Lee wanted them to get married as quickly as possible after their relationship went public,” the press release added. 

Hwang debuted in 2001 as a member of the now-defunct girl group Sugar, but she was overshadowed by other group members. 

But she soared to stardom after appearing on the popular reality TV show “We Got Married” with her former boyfriend and singer Kim Yong-jun of the K-pop trio SG Wannabe in 2009.

Since then, she made the transition into acting and is now a successful actress. 

The actress had an especially prolific year in 2015.Hwang played the lead role in two drama series - “Kill Me, Heal Me” and “She Was Pretty” - that were much-loved by drama fans. 

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG

January 15, 2016

Hwang Jung-eum, Seo Kang-joon may star in upcoming drama

Korean actress Hwang Jeong-eum and actor Seo Kang-joon have reportedly been offered roles in a forthcoming MBC TV series.

Hwang and Seo are mulling over starring in the drama, MBC drama staff told a local news outlet Newsen onFriday. 

Hwang Jeong-eum (left) and Seo Kang-joon (OSEN)

“Hwang and Seo were each offered a role, but they haven’t made a decision.” the production crew said. 

Hwang, 30, has already starred in dramas --“Incarnation of Money (SBS, 2013)” and “Giant (SBS, 2010)” -- written by Jang Young-chul, who will also work for the upcoming soap opera. 

The title of the drama, successor of “Glamorous Temptation,” aired on Mondays and Tuesdays, has yet to be confirmed. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

January 21, 2016

Hwang Jung Eum Turns Down Role in “Monster”

Source: Soompi by orionight

Hwang Jung Eum Turns Down Role in “Monster”

Sorry, Hwang Jung Eum fans – the actress has decided not to participate in MBC‘s upcoming drama “Monster.”

Despite initial reports that Hwang Jung Eum was indeed considering the role, her agency C-JeS Entertainment stated on January 21, “From the beginning, it was never confirmed that Hwang Jung Eum would be cast in ‘Monster.’ She was only in talks.”

Hwang Jung Eum was up for the role of the lead heroine. For now, it seems like she will be focusing on her upcoming wedding before taking on any more drama roles.

Meanwhile, while Seo Kang Joon was also considering a part in the drama, the role of the lead male went to Kang Ji Hwan. “Monster” is set to air after “Glamorous Temptation” wraps up in April.

Source (1)

January 20, 2016

Hwang Jung Eum presents Grand Prize at Golden Disk Awards

Source: ISplus via Hancinema.net

photo677057.jpg

Actress Hwang Jeong-eum presented the Grand Prize (Daesang) at the Golden Disk Awards ceremony.

Hwang Jeong-eum along with Hong Jeong-do, CEO of JTBC were the Grand Prize presenters at the 30th Golden Disk Awards Ceremony, which took place at the Grand Peace Hall of Kyung Hee University at 7:30 PM on January 20th.

The CEO first said, "I enjoyed watching "She Was Pretty". It's an honor to present the award with you". Hwang Jeong-eum responded, "Also an honor to present the award with you as well" and "Standing here, it reminds me of the time I was a singer".

Hwang Jeong-eum called the name of the winner per CEO Hong Jeong-do's suggestion. The Grand Prize was awarded to Big Bang. Big Bang was crowned with three awards in total including the Daesang Award, Bonsang and Best Male Artist Award.

Archived