Favorite Chinese Songs?

Guest Yufen

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AkiraXHebe

Can't remember all at once, but i used to be addicted to Let Me Love You - Vic Chou & Barbie Hsu (Mars OST) and Wang Lee Hom - Shangri La (many of WLH's songs're my fav >.<)

Guest kimchi_girl

Wow! I have a lot of all time favorites. I consider myself lucky to have been around to enjoy Cantopop during the golden period of the early 80's to mid 90's. A lot of my favorite songs are from that time period and most are from Hong Kong. If available, I'm going to post some song samples from youtube so you can have a listen. Here are just a few of my favorites and in no particular order...

1) Faye Wong (王菲) - "I'm Willing” (我願意): This song is amazing!! I prefer the acoustic intimate version over the longer original cut.

)

2) Beyond - "Like You" (喜欢你): I can't believe nobody mentioned Beyond! I guess they're before everyone's time? I love so many of their songs but if I had to choose, this would be my favorite (R.I.P. 黃家駒!!)...

3) Jacky Cheung (張學友) - "Li Xianglan" (李香蘭): This song left a strong impression on me. I still think he has one of the best voices in music. Especially live!

Li Xianglan (Live)

4) Tat Ming Pair (達明一派) - "Forget He is She" (忘記他是她): A gender-transcending electronic musical masterpiece! Tat Ming Pair are my favorite all time HK group and I LOVE this song! Unfortunately there are no youtube samples available. Which brings me to my next favorite...

5) Anthony Wong (黃耀明) - "Spring Light Leaking" (春光乍洩): He was the "Ming" in Tat Ming Pair. This song is so beautifully multilayered and lush. I believe this song's title was the influence behind the title of the 1997 Wong Kar Wai movie under the same name (a.k.a. "Happy Together").

6) Teresa Teng (鄧麗君) - "The Moon Represents My Heart" (月亮代表我的心): No list would be complete without Teresa Teng! This song is pure LOVE. That's the only fitting word I can think of. This song is so famous and cherished it may as well be the unofficial anthem for Chinese people all over the world!

7) Anita Mui (梅艷芳) - "Sunset Melody" (夕陽之歌): A karaoke classic! Which is how I got attached to this song. Listening to so many people pour out their emotions when singing this song, I wanted to hear the original and I've been a fan of hers ever since. Her voice is so unique and distinctive (R.I.P. Anita)...

8) Leslie Chueng (張國榮) - "Chase" (追): I was a Leslie fan since 1988 but for some reason this is the song I remember when I think of him. I miss him a lot...

Chase

Last not but least, a special presentation! Shirley Kwan (關淑怡) has an amazing voice and if anyone could do Teresa Teng's song "Forget Him" (忘記他) proper justice, it would be her. The song is set to a video montage of HK director Wong Kar Wai's greatest films. The result is simply perfect!

A Tribute to Wong Kar Wai

amei* 聽海 hahahahah sucha classic

teresa teng's 月亮代表我的心 and 甜蜜蜜? i hope i typed that right

and what else

i also love most old elva ballads and dance songs

Guest ohhreallynow

I think Jay Chou is overrated. I don't usually listen to chinese songs

but I really like JJ Lin and Wang Leehom. I think they so talented

I love really songs like 江南,一千年一后,害怕,杀手,曹操 from JJ Lin

Guest clemie186

Danson Tang - Ai Wo

Rainie Yang - Shi Mian De Shui Mei Ren - Ai Mei - Que Yang - Zhi Xiang Ai Ni - Jue Qiang - Ke Ai (haha alot of her songs)

Jolin Tsai - Xin Xing Quan - Li Ren Jie

Guang Liang - Tong Hua

Jiang Mei Qi - Ai Ku Gui

Ping Pung - Their whole 1st album

Duets:

Jiang Mei Qi & Guang Liang - Dui ni you gan jue

Fan Wei Qi & Angela Zhang - Ru Guo De Shi

Guest pour dieu

peggy hsu - finding neverland

xu hao fei - 天使之尘

penny dai - 擇偶條件

gigi leung - 給自己的情歌