Oily Hair

Guest chocoBERRY

Guest sugar_puff <3

ughh i have this problem too.. lol so many problems -_-

won't putting powder on ur scalp show???

anyone suggest any clarifying shampoo or less moisturizing ones? cuz I love conditioner.. makes ur hair feel smooth but from what u guys said maybe it's the conditioner.. so i'll try to not use as much..

Yeah, putting powder on black hair does show. and if you don't use conditioner the ends of your hair get all dry and split and gross.. like everyone said, just use conditioner on the ends.

Oh and actually you're supposed to try to wash your hair less often because overwashing it overstimulates the oil glands. But it's hard to do that -_-;;

• 7 years later...
Guest koreanlotus

I have this problem too. Sometimes it gets so oily that I have to wash it every other day because if I don't then I look greasy, lol. It seems like rinsing it with cold water helps.

Guest meltdown

my parents said using shampoo everyday makes your hair produce more oil because it strips the natural oil from your hair. I remember back when I washed my hair daily with shampoo, it got oily very quickly within the next day. Now I wash my hair every 2-3 days ish and my hair doesn't start getting oily until the 3rd day and use conditioner but not at the scalp, or you will have dry hair.

Guest allkfashion

Speaking from experience, during the summer my hair is more oily than usual. What worked for is 1) washing my hair in water that is in the middle of cold and luke warm 2) using that dry shampoo stuff 3) not running my fingers through my hair, apparently touching your hair/scalp causes it to become more oily :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sandra413

Try using this homemade remedy!! Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of aloevera gel. Rub the mixture on gently on your scalp and leave it on your hair for about 10-15 minutes, before rinsing it off with water.Hope this helps you!

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes shampoo for oily hair actually makes things worse and irritates your scalp. Wash your hair in the morning with a very mild shampoo and don't use a hairdryer too close to your scalp. Also, don't brush your hair too much/touch your bangs too often. 

• 2 months later...
Guest Mullin123

I'm just like you. My hair is naturally very oily, and although now I've got a better idea on how to look after it, for a long time it was a huge pain.
Firstly, if you have oily hair, you shouldn't wash it every day, only once every two or three days. Also, when shampooing, don't rub from roots to tips, just massage into scalp with flat palms. I don't know the science or sense behind things like these, but this is what my hairdresser told me, and it helped me a lot!
Also, stay away from conditioner! If you have dry ends, then rub a small amount into the tips of your hair, but otherwise, conditioner is a big no-no.
If you have oily hair in the mornings but no time for a shower, then get dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is a good way to get rid of oily-looking hair when in a rush.
Oh, and don't brush your hair all the time, as that spreads oils and whatnot. When your hair is wet, it is better for your hair if you use a comb.

Guest GoKeMoN

Ive heard that over washing is the cause of oily hair. The theory is that we naturally produce oils on our scalp. When we overuse washing products which strip away oils, that our body sees that as a sign to produce more ! Has anyone tried just washing without products for a long while with good result ? Im thinking of trying but Im worried my hair will not smell good ! 

Archived