Help With K750i! Screen Wont Work Anymore!

Guest Juli~<3

Guest Juli~<3

ok so this is what happened.

a few minutes ago i went to reach my phone and i pressed the enter button, normally the time would appear but instead it was just a blank screen.

i tried turning it off and on again and yet the same thing.

i then took the battery out, turned it on, same thing. i did this several times. same thing.

i tried ringing it, it still works.

the media player still works.

everything still works i take it apart from the actual screen!

quite frankly, my life revolves around this phone and so i really need it to start working again!

so i googled it, and this person had a similar problem..

What happened to me isn't an isolated incident as I've heard the same happen on forums.

I had a K750 since June and never upgraded the firmware. It froze occasionally on the clock/time display but this only happened every few days at most. The only way to restore it to normal was to remove the battery and replace it.

On one occasion, something else happened. This time when I replaced the battery to reset it after a freeze, it wouldn't turn on any more.

The on button didn't work and charging didn't work at all. You would think this would be a simple software problem. I don't see how it cannot be a software problem because it was working one moment (displaying the frozen time) but the next moment replacing the battery didn't fix it and it wouldn't work at all. Maybe I replaced it too quickly.

The repair center I took it to told me categorically that it was not a software problem and they now have sent it somewhere for a higher level of repair. If it was not a software problem, how can the act of replacing the battery cause the hardware to fail?? Should I believe what the repair centre told me?

Another annoyance is that the phone always stored the saved numbers on the phone and not the sim card. I didn't realise this until I tried the sim in another phone and found all my numbers lost. I don't think there is much chance now of any of those being intact when it's repaired.

Another thing I would like to ask is I kept my phone in perfect condition using a case but I'm worried now that it will be returned in poorer condition when it is eventually repaired. They say it will take 2 weeks which probably means even more time than stated (the original repair centre have sent it to one belonging to Ericsson called SBE or something similar- I'm in UK). If I receive it in less than perfect condition can I do anything about it? I think I should just get it replaced and that's it rather than have to wait so long. I didn't take it in to be repaired straight away (the problem happened quite a while ago now) but didn't think it would take so long when I finally did send it for repair.

BUT unlike him, i got my phone from hk a year ago.

has anyone experienced this?

Archived