[Upcoming Drama 2024] To My Haeri, 나의 해리에게- Shin Hye Sun & Lee Jin Wook-Mon&Tue- Premieres on September 23

larus

To My Harry: Shin Hye-sun and Lee Jin-wook’s Anticipated Romcom Announces Release Date

To-My-Harry-Still-696x392.jpg

July 30, 2024

Fans of romantic comedies, brace yourselves! The much-anticipated drama series To My Harry has officially announced its release date, adding to the excitement surrounding this star-studded show. Featuring a talented ensemble cast including Shin Hye-sun, Lee Jin-wook, Kang Hoon, and Jo Hye-joo, the series promises a captivating blend of romance, drama, and healing.

Directed by the acclaimed Jung Ji-hyun, known for hits like The King: Eternal Monarch, Twenty-Five, Twenty-One, and Mr. Sunshine, the drama is set to bring his signature touch of emotional depth and visual splendour. The screenplay, crafted by Han Ga-ram, the writer behind When the Weather is Fine, further raises expectations for a compelling narrative.

On July 30, ENA revealed that To My Harry will premiere on September 23, with new episodes airing every Monday and Tuesday. This announcement has heightened anticipation among viewers who eagerly await the unfolding of this unique psychological romance.

Shin Hye-sun, known for her remarkable performances in dramas like Mr. Queen and Welcome to Samdalri, takes on the role of an announcer who has spent 14 years in the industry without achieving public recognition. Her character harbours a deep-seated wound, leading to the emergence of a hidden personality that is both positive and bubbly. This complex duality adds an intriguing layer to the story, showcasing Shin Hye-sun’s versatility as an actress.

Lee Jin-wook, who has captivated audiences with his roles in the Sweet Home and Voice series, portrays her ex-boyfriend, a man with his own share of past traumas. Their reunion sparks a journey of mutual healing, blending their painful histories with the potential for newfound love.

Kang Hoon, known for his appearances in The Secret Romantic Guesthouse and A Time Called You, and Jo Hye-joo, recognised for her supporting roles in My Demon and Reborn Rich, round out the main cast, promising dynamic and memorable performances.

more https://www.leisurebyte.com/to-my-harry-shin-hye-sun-and-lee-jin-wook/

News bites: July 31, 2024

by tccolb

Jo Hye-joo (My Demon) confirmed casting for ENA’s upcoming To My Hae-ri, playing an announcer with an unrequited crush on Kang Hoon (A Time Called You), a (hopefully cute) second go-around for the two after Secret Romantic Guesthouse. Headlined by Shin Hye-sun (Welcome to Samdal-ri) and Lee Jin-wook (Sweet Home 3), the romance is expected to broadcast on September 23 in the Monday-Tuesday slot. [Sports Kyunghyang]

news-p.v1.20240730.7580fd95915142519a18a

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/news-bites-july-31-2024/

20240611032748_shin-hye-sun-lee-jin-wookShin Hye Sun And Lee Jin Wook's Upcoming Romance Drama Confirms Premiere Date

Aug 07, 2024

Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jin Wook’s upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has confirmed its premiere date!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an anchor who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook). The drama is penned by Han Ga Ram, acclaimed for her previous projects including “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice.”

Shin Hye Sun plays dual roles as Joo Eun Ho, a struggling news anchor who dreams of happiness, and Joo Hye Ri, a happy scholarship student. With standout performances in films such as “Following” and television dramas such as “Welcome to Samdalri” and “See You in My 19th Life,” she has proven her talent for portraying diverse characters, from influencers living false lives to individuals navigating complex life stages. Her new roles are already creating buzz and raising expectations for her exceptional acting abilities.

Lee Jin Wook will play Jung Hyun Oh, an elite news anchor who has a romantic reunion with his ex-girlfriend Joo Eun Ho, featuring both sweet and tense moments. Known for his roles in series like “Sweet Home,” “Doona!,” “Bulgasal: Immortal Souls,” and “Voice” Seasons 2 and 3, Lee Jin Wook has proven his versatility. His return to romance is generating great excitement.

Kang Hoon will star as Kang Ju Yeon, a model student and news anchor who is new to love. Kang Ju Yeon is a pure-hearted person who has remained single throughout his education at an all-boys middle school, high school, and military academy. Kang Hoon, who has become a rising star with roles in “A Time Called You,” “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse,” and “Little Women,” continues to draw attention with the upcoming drama and his consistently strong acting.

Jo Hye Joo will play Baek Hye Yeon, a versatile modern news anchor. Baek Hye Yeon has silently loved Kang Ju Yeon for three years, and despite her pure heart and lack of jealousy or insecurity, she struggles with loneliness. Jo Hye Joo, known for her fresh charm in projects including “My Demon,” “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse,” and “Reborn Rich,” is expected to add even more excitement to the drama.

dear-hyeri-.jpg

“Dear Hyeri” is set to premiere on September 23 and air every Monday and Tuesday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679618wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-lee-jin-wooks-upcoming-romance-drama-confirms-premiere-date

by Lily Alice, August 7, 2024

Shin Hye SunLee Jin WookKang Hoon, and Jo Hye Joo's To My Hye Ri (literal title) has confirmed its release date for September 23.

E5N5n0_2f.png

The K-drama tells the story of Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun) who suffers from dissociative identity disorder and manifests a new personality due to a deep emotional wound she carries.

Shin Hye Sun takes on the dual roles of Joo Eun Ho and Joo Hye Ri. Joo Eun Ho is an announcer who dreams of happiness. Eun Ho's other personality, Joo Hye Ri, is a scholarship student.

Lee Jin Wook transforms into elite announcer Jung Hyun Oh, who is also Joo Eun Ho's ex.

Kang Hoon plays Kang Ju Yeon, an exemplary student announcer. He is a pure-hearted individual who has never been in a relationship, having attended an all-boys middle school, an all-boys high school, and the Korea Military Academy. 

Jo Hye Joo plays the multi-talented announcer Baek Hye Yeon. She is a pure soul who does not harbor jealousy or an inferiority complex but is vulnerable only to loneliness.

To My Hye Ri will premiere on September 23. More news about the K-drama's global OTT service is yet to come. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/shin-hye-sun-lee-jin-wook-kang-hoon-jo-hye-joo-s-to-my-hye-ri-reveals-premiere-date

20240814064745_dear-hyeri.jpg?s=900x600&

Watch: Shin Hye Sun Plays 2 Polar-Opposite Characters In New Healing Romance Drama

Aug 14, 2024
by R Suhaila

Upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has released a poster and mood films to give viewers a glimpse of its characters and storyline!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook). The drama is penned by Han Ga Ram, acclaimed for her previous projects including “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice.”

The drama is attracting attention for Shin Hye Sun’s unique dual role, playing both Joo Eun Ho and Joo Hye Ri. The teaser poster, divided into black-and-white and color frames, highlights Shin Hye Sun’s contrasting expressions and sparks interest.

The poster features Joo Eun Ho, a struggling announcer dreaming of happiness, and Joo Hye Ri, a scholarship student aspiring for a better life. Each character looks ahead with distinct expressions. In the black-and-white frame, Joo Eun Ho’s cold, emotionless face suggests she is hiding her pain and the tough reality of her life as a struggling announcer.

In contrast, Joo Hye Ri’s image transitions from black-and-white to color, revealing a striking shift from a stern look to a joyful smile. Her cheerful expression is so captivating that it makes viewers smile as well. As interest grows in the unique relationship between Joo Eun Ho and Joo Hye Ri, anticipation builds for Shin Hye Sun’s performance in her dual roles.

dear-hyeri-1-.jpg

As part of the poster reveal, several mood films were unveiled, each delivering a distinct and intriguing message. The first mood film starts with the words: “Are you saying it’s a love story? I didn’t come here to discuss love. I’m here to talk about dreams. It’s not a love story. Let it remain just a dream.”

Another film shifts the tone: “Are you saying it’s a love story? Extreme hatred would be better. Even if I’m dying soon, don’t come. You seem to like it because you hate it so much.”

Spoiler

The final mood film delves into the effects of a first kiss: “Have you ever had your first kiss? When it creates a physical attachment, the next step is to avoid it. Since we’ve kissed, let’s move on.” Throughout these films, scenes featuring Joo Eun Ho and Hyun Oh weave in and out, enriching the narrative with their performances.

Spoiler

Watch: Shin Hye Sun Plays 2 Polar-Opposite Characters In New Healing Romance Drama (soompi.com)

Watch: Shin Hye Sun, Lee Jin 20240816025537_Dear-Hyeri-1.jpg?s=900x60Wook, Kang Hoon, And More Test Their Chemistry At Script Reading For New Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 16, 2024
by E Cha

ENA’s upcoming drama “Dear Hyeri” has shared a glimpse of its first table read!

“Dear Hyeri” is a new romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Joo Eun Ho, a news anchor who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Jung Hyun Oh (played by Lee Jin Wook).

At the first script reading for the upcoming drama, Shin Hye Sun earned applause for her masterful portrayal of her dual roles as the struggling anchor Joo Eun Ho and the happy scholarship student Joo Hye Ri.

Meanwhile, Lee Jin Wook commanded attention with his charismatic presence as the elite Jung Hyun Oh, a rising star who is the leading candidate to become the next 9 o’clock news anchor. Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jin Wook also displayed strong chemistry as bickering exes who broke up after dating for eight years.

Spoiler

Shin-Hye-Sun-Lee-Jin-Wook.jpeg

Shin-Hye-Sun.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Jin-Wook.jpeg

Kang Hoon stole hearts with his portrayal of the innocent anchor Kang Joo Yeon, who is new to romance and winds up experiencing his first love at a relatively late age.

Spoiler

Kang-Hoon.jpeg

Jo Hye Joo also charmed with her performance as Baek Hye Yeon, a modern and trendy anchor who boldly does everything she can to win Kang Joo Yeon’s unmoving heart.

Dear Hyeri” is set to premiere on September 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

Watch: Shin Hye Sun, Lee Jin Wook, Kang Hoon, And More Test Their Chemistry At Script Reading For New Drama “Dear Hyeri” (soompi.com)

by Lily Alice, August 15, 2024
11  2

The upcoming Genie TV original series To My Hye Ri released a teaser poster. 

To My Hye Ri tells the story of Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun) who suffers from dissociative identity disorder and manifests a new personality due to a deep emotional wound she carries.

The teaser poster features four pics of Joo Eun Ho. Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an announcer who dreams of happiness, and Joo Hye Ri (Shin Hye Sun), a happy scholarship student, are shown with different expressions. 

The black-and-white pics of Joo Eun Ho show her as if she's hiding emotions and pain. From her cold expression, we get a glimpse of her tough life as an announcer. 

In contrast, the subsequent image is in color, and Joo Hye Ri is seen wearing a blissful smile, portraying a completely different persona from Joo Eun Ho. Curiosity piques about the special relationship between Joo Eun Ho and Joo Hye Ri. 

2w574d_2f.png

To My Hye Ri will premiere on September 23. The K-drama will be available to stream on Viki. Watch the teaser here

Shin Hye Sun Takes on Dual Roles in "To My Hye Ri" - MyDramaList

• Like 1

13August 15, 2024

Shin Hye-sun clings to dreams instead of love in To My Hae-ri

by tccol

Evoking the bittersweet melancholy feels in ENA’s upcoming romance To My Hae-ri, the newest promos present us with what they’re calling “mood film” teasers, lingering in the nostalgia of Shin Hye-sun (Welcome to Samdal-ri) and Lee Jin-wook’s (Sweet Home 3) dating past.

In the new poster, we get our first look at Shin Hye-sun’s two roles: the pragmatic announcer Joo Eun-ho and her idealistic younger (twin?) sister Joo Hye-ri. Our central heroine, though, is unni Eun-ho and over the course of the short trilogy of teasers, she shares the beginnings of her memoir through the style of an old-school slide projector or silent film.

In each of the clips, the scenes of Eun-ho and ex-boyfriend Jung Hyun-oh (Lee Jin-wook) are hazy like a fevered dream. And despite appearing like cute memories, Eun-ho’s scornful narration tells us otherwise. Indeed, in mood film #1, Eun-ho argues: “What do you mean, a love story? I didn’t come here to talk about such things. I’m here to talk about dreams. It’s not a love story whatsoever. Let’s agree to leave it as a dream.”

Eun-ho continues to express her point in mood film #2, speaking both to the audience and to Hyun-oh as well: “What do you mean, a love story? I’d rather even call it hate. Even if something happens to cause my death, don’t come. Because I dislike you so much, it almost feels as if I like you.”

In the third teaser, Eun-ho then openly brings up the matter of intimacy in relationships. Though I think I’ll need more context to fully understand, the suggestion is that this was also a factor in complicating her relationship with Hyun-oh: “Have you had your first kiss? Once you develop physical familiarity, the next step is avoidance. Since we kissed, let’s just call it even.”

With production in the talented hands of PD Jung Ji-hyun (Lies Hidden in My Garden, Twenty Five Twenty One) and writer Han Ga-ram (I’ll Find You on a Beautiful Day), may the drama gods bestow their blessing and deliver us a thoughtful romance. ENA’s To My Hae-ri premieres on September 23, broadcasting in the Monday-Tuesday slot following Your Honor.

Shin Hye-sun clings to dreams instead of love in To My Hae-ri (dramabeans.com)

20240819022046_dear-hyeri-shin-hye-sun-5Shin Hye Sun Is A Struggling Veteran News Reporter In Upcoming Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 19, 2024
by R Suhaila

ENA’s upcoming drama “Dear Hyeri” has shared a glimpse of Shin Hye Sun’s character!

“Dear Hyeri” is a new romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Joo Eun Ho, a news reporter who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Jung Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook).

Joo Eun Ho is a 14-year veteran news reporter known for her minimal presence and sharp attitude. The newly released stills show her intently studying the script as she prepares for the news. Dressed in a sharp suit with neatly applied makeup and a calm, friendly smile, Joo Eun Ho embodies the professional demeanor of a seasoned reporter in front of the camera.

20240823165146_dear-hyeri-3.jpg?s=900x60Watch: Shin Hye Sun Struggles To Distinguish Reality With Her Dual Identities In New "Dear Hyeri" Teaser

Aug 23, 2024
by J Lee

Upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has unveiled a new teaser video!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook).

The newly released video begins with her confiding in someone about her confusion over how a person in her dream could actually exist, hinting at her symptoms of a disorder. The scene then shifts to her alter ego as a television reporter, where she confidently announces, “This is announcer Joo Eun Ho.” This is sharply contrasted by the next scene, where she mumbles with her head upside down, “I’m Hyeri, though.”

The video continues to explore her struggle between dreams and reality, particularly in the context of her romantic relationships. It shows her dating not only Hyun Oh but also Kang Joo Yeon (Kang Hoon). Her voice-over narrates, “Not Eun Ho in my dream, but me in reality is preparing to experience mutual love.” The video concludes with her excitedly saying, “It’s too romantic!” highlighting her enthusiasm for her romantic relationship as Hyeri.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683582wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-struggles-to-distinguish-reality-with-her-dual-identities-in-new-dear-hyeri-teaser

20240822113721_shin-hye-sun-dear-hyeri-tWatch: Shin Hye Sun Struggles With Dissociative Identity Disorder In Upcoming Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 22, 2024

Upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has released a captivating teaser video!

“Dear Hyeri” is a healing romance drama that revolves around Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), an announcer who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook).

The teaser video captures the duality of Joo Eun Ho’s character. It opens with her voice expressing the weight of her struggles, as she confesses, “I’m burned out every day.” This somber tone is juxtaposed with the upbeat and carefree persona of Joo Hye Ri, her alter ego, who joyfully declares, “I’m happy.” Through this contrast, the teaser visually represents the stark difference between Joo Eun Ho’s internal turmoil and Joo Hye Ri’s outward joy.

Scenes shift between Joo Eun Ho’s somber moments and Joo Hye Ri’s vibrant experiences, underscoring the complexity of living with dissociative identity disorder. The teaser concludes with a thought-provoking line, “You’re saying, I’m the same person as this person?” hinting at the emotional and psychological layers of the story.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683263wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-struggles-with-dissociative-identity-disorder-in-upcoming-drama-dear-hyeri

Lee Jin Wook Dazzles As The Top-Ranked Talent Of The News Department In Upcoming Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 21, 2024

ENA’s upcoming drama “Dear Hyeri” has offered a sneak peek of Lee Jin Wook’s character!

“Dear Hyeri” is a new romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Joo Eun Ho, a news reporter who develops dissociative identity disorder following the disappearance of her younger sibling and her breakup with her longtime boyfriend Jung Hyun Oh (Lee Jin Wook).

Jung Hyun Oh is a top-ranked news announcer with no rivals. In just a year at the newsroom, he earned the company’s full trust by breaking exclusive stories that even veteran reporters struggle to uncover.

In the newly released stills, Jung Hyun Oh embodies the perfect man. As the trusted face of PPS Broadcasting and the top star of the anchor department, his charming, relaxed smile speaks to his status. There’s even a joke that the PPS president can’t do what Jung Hyun Oh can with just a word, showing his strong influence. He’s not only good-looking but also exceptionally skilled, making him the ideal figure.

dear-hyeri-lee-jin-wook-1.jpg

Though Jung Hyun Oh is generous and kind to everyone, he is distant with his ex-girlfriend and colleague Joo Eun Ho, with whom he had an eight-year relationship. In one of the stills, he appears particularly cold around her, with a serious expression that sparks curiosity about his true feelings. The drama delves into the reasons behind their breakup after eight years, exploring the complexities of their tumultuous relationship.

dear-hyeri-lee-jin-wook-2.jpg

dear-hyeri-lee-jin-wook-3.jpg

“Dear Hyeri” is set to premiere on September 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682971wpp/lee-jin-wook-dazzles-as-the-top-ranked-talent-of-the-news-department-in-upcoming-drama-dear-hyeri

by Lily Alice, August 22, 2024
13 1

The first teaser for To My Haeri, featuring Shin Hye Sun's dual personalities, has been revealed.

To My Haeri tells the story of Joo Eun Ho (Shin Hye Sun), a struggling announcer, who developed a new personality, Joo Hye Ri, due to a deep emotional wound she carries. 

The teaser commences showing Joo Eun Ho, an announcer at PPS Broadcasting Station with 14 years of experience who remains unnoticed. Her expression, hinting at the tiredness she experiences at the end of a challenging day gives a glimpse of the pain she harbors, muttering to herself, "Burning away, every day." Her dry face reveals a longing for happiness.

On the other hand, Joo Hye Ri (Eun Ho's other personality) works as a parking attendant, finding happiness in each day. Especially during work, she suddenly stands up and exclaims, "I'm happy. I'm happy," almost as if she is under a spell.

Thus, we see how Joo Eun Ho and Joo Hye Ri lead contrasting lives despite being the same person. Joo Hye Ri questions, "I'm the same person as her?" sparking curiosity about the connection between the two opposite personalities. 

60N7ej_2f.png

To My Haeri will premiere on September 23. The K-drama will be available to stream on Viki. Watch the teaser here

https://mydramalist.com/article/shin-hye-sun-s-dual-personalities-in-to-my-haeri-unveiled

Kang Hoon Transforms From Military Academy Student To News Announcer In Upcoming Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 26, 2024

Upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has released a sneak peek of Kang Hoon’s character!

Kang Hoon stars as Kang Joo Yeon, a news announcer with Media N Seoul. Kang Joo Yeon, who attended an all-boys middle school, high school, and military academy, has no romantic experience.

In the newly released stills, Kang Hoon brings Kang Joo Yeon to life with a striking uniform look. The images from Kang Joo Yeon’s military academy period highlight his youthful, fresh appearance. One photo shows him at his graduation ceremony, holding a bouquet and receiving congratulations from his family with a heartwarming smile that captivates viewers.

dear-hyeri-kang-hoon-2.jpg

dear-hyeri-kang-hoon-1.jpg

In contrast, news announcer Kang Joo Yeon, known for looking sharp in his suit, has a somewhat cynical and flawless image. His crisp black suit and tidy hairstyle emphasize his status as a news announcer, giving him a cold, distant presence that sparks curiosity about his past. People are especially interested in why Kang Joo Yeon, who graduated from the military academy and served as an officer, decided to become a news announcer. The mystery surrounding his story captures significant attention.

Spoiler

dear-hyeri-kang-hoon-4.jpg

Despite his usual demeanor, Kang Joo Yeon reveals a softer side when Joo Hye Ri, also played by Shin Hye Sun, appears. Her presence shakes up his routine and introduces him to the experience of late-blooming first love. This new development builds excitement for the fresh and innocent romance between Joo Hye Ri and Kang Joo Yeon.

Spoiler

dear-hyeri-kang-hoon-3.jpg

“Dear Hyeri” is set to premiere on September 23 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683976wpp/kang-hoon-transforms-from-military-academy-student-to-news-announcer-in-upcoming-drama-dear-hyeri

First teaser trailer for ENA drama “To My Haeri”

To_My_Haeri-SM1.jpg

First teaser trailer added for ENA drama series “To My Haeri” (literal title) starring Shin Hae-Sun & Lee Jin-Uk. The teaser trailer shows Shin Hae-Sun playing the characters of Joo Eun-Ho & Joo Hye-Ri. They are the same person, but with different personalities. In the teaser trailer, Shin Hae-Sun asks “Burning up, everyday. I’m happy. I’m happy. Are you saying that I am the same person as this person?”

“To My Haeri” first airs September 23, 2024 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Joo Eun-Ho (Shin Hae-Sun) is an unknown announcer with 14 years of experience. She struggles for the chance to have her name recognized by the public. She also has another personality in her due to a deep wound in her heart. Her other personality is that of Joo Hye-Ri. Her other personality is super positive and works as a parking attendant.

Jung Hyun-O (Lee Jin-Uk) is an ex-boyfriend of Joo Eun-Ho and they dated for a long time, but broke up. He became a star announcer as soon as he joined the broadcasting station and he is the most liked announcer by the public, but he also carries a wound hidden in his mind that he has never shown to anyone. Somehow, Joo Eun-Ho and Jung Hyun-O reunite and help cure each other’s wound.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-ena-drama-to-my-haeri

Dear Hyeri: Kang Hoon transforms into charming news announcer entangled with Shin Hye Sun’s other personality in new stills; See PICS

Kang Hoon has become a charming news announcer from a military student who gets entangled with Shin Hye Sun’s other personality in Dear Hyeri’s new stills. See the new stills here.

Published on Aug 26, 2024  |  02:06 PM IST |  5.7K

598269985_kang-hoon-dear-hyeri.jpg

Kang Hoon, the noted South Korean actor who was last seen in the timeslip romance A Time Called You will be soon seen in the upcoming romantic K-drama Dear Hyeri with Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jin Wook. In the newly released stills, Kang Hoon shines as a charming news announcer who gets entangled with Shin Hye Sun’s other personality in Dear Hyeri. 

On August 26, 2024, ENA unveiled new stills featuring Kang Hoon who will be seen bringing to life the role of Kang Joo Yeon in Dear Hyeri.

Kang Hoon as Kang Joo Yeon is a charming man who is a graduate of the Korean Military Academy but he gave up a career in the military to become a news announcer to fulfill his dead brother. He has no experience whatsoever in dating as he has always been in all-boys schools, colleges, etc. 

The first still introduces Kang Hoon’s Kang Joo Yeon’s news announcer side, as he stands tall charming viewers with his creaseless suit looks sharp and flawless. His utterly neat style focuses on his new anchor status who does not like faults.

Similarly in the second still, Kang Joo Yeon looks a bit serious in his sharp black suit and tie as he looks at someone. His cold image adds to the excitement as to how he will get entangled with the fun-loving side of Shin Hye Sun’s Joo Hyeri. 

The mystery is further complexified when the other stills show Kang Hoon smiling brightly with flowers in a military uniform seemingly on his graduation day. These stills are largely different from his news announcer style, as he looks much more youthful and happy as a military academy student. In the last still, he can be seen smiling and posing for the camera with his family. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-hyeri-kang-hoon-transforms-into-charming-news-announcer-entangled-with-shin-hye-suns-other-personality-in-new-stills-see-pics-1342881

20240828073552_dear-hyeri-teaser1-.jpg?sWatch: Shin Hye Sun Experiences Varied Shades Of Love With Lee Jin Wook And Kang Hoon In "Dear Hyeri" Teaser

Aug 28, 2024

Upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has released a new teaser that is both heart-wrenching and heart-fluttering!

The newly released romantic teaser showcases the contrasting dynamics of two relationships: the complex romance between Joo Eun Ho and Jung Hyun Oh, and the evolving romance between Joo Hye Ri (also played by Shin Hye Sun) and Kang Joo Yeon (Kang Hoon).

Joo Eun Ho and Jung Hyun Oh are a couple who broke up after eight years together. Joo Eun Ho, with tearful eyes, coldly says, “I hate Hyun Oh,” showing a distant reaction to her former partner. The video highlights their emotional separation, with them standing apart and unable to reconnect. Eun Ho’s somber comment, “Because I can’t have him,” hints at the hidden secrets and stories behind their long relationship.

In contrast, Joo Hye Ri makes a bold confession to Kang Joo Yeon, saying, “I like you, Kang Joo Yeon. That’s why I wanted to get to know you better.” Her confident statement stands out. Hye Ri’s genuine feelings and excitement are clear as she smiles brightly and says, “I’m curious about what you’ll do tomorrow.” This openness about her happiness touches viewers. Meanwhile, Joo Eun Ho’s introspective moment as she asks, “Did Hye Ri seem happy?” with a somber tone and reflective gaze, reveals the sadness she feels, eliciting sympathy.

Meanwhile, the scenes showing Hyun Oh pulling away from a tearful and stiff-faced Eun Ho and Hyun Oh coping with sadness in the car spark curiosity. Eun Ho’s narration, “Do you know how much you have to hate something to give up something you want so badly?” adds to the intrigue about why these once-happy lovers broke up. Anticipation is building for the premiere, which will explore the contrasting romantic dynamics of Joo Eun Ho and Jung Hyun Oh as well as Joo Hye Ri and Kang Joo Yeon.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684517wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-experiences-varied-shades-of-love-with-lee-jin-wook-and-kang-hoon-in-dear-hyeri-teaser

Jo Hye Joo Is A Trendy Announcer With A Crush On Kang Hoon In Upcoming Drama "Dear Hyeri"

Aug 30, 2024

ENA’s upcoming romance drama “Dear Hyeri” has released a new glimpse of Jo Hye Joo’s character!

Jo Hye Joo will play the role of Baek Hye Yeon, a trendy and modern announcer at Media N Seoul. Confident and smart, she is known for her wide array of charms. She has also been in love with senior announcer Kang Joo Yeon (Kang Hoon) for some time.

Although Baek Hye Yeon is free from jealousy, insecurity, and envy, she is notably vulnerable to loneliness. She has always gotten everything she wanted, but that changes with the arrival of Kang Joo Yeon, who causes her to struggle with unrequited love. It remains to be seen how she will react to the introduction of romantic rival Joo Hye Ri (also played by Shin Hye Sun) and how she will go about boldly pursuing Kang Joo Yeon.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Baek Hye Yeon shows the perfect look for an announcer, drawing attention with her elegant outfit and aloof expression.

dear-hyeri-jo-hye-joo-4.jpg

Meanwhile, her confident stance in athletic wear at a company sports event highlights her strong charisma. With her hand on her waist and a fierce gaze, Baek Hye Yeon radiates the confidence of an MZ (Millennial-Z) icon who refuses to be defeated.

dear-hyeri-jo-hye-joo-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684827wpp/jo-hye-joo-is-a-trendy-announcer-with-a-crush-on-kang-hoon-in-upcoming-drama-dear-hyeri

Shin Hye-sun faces old and new love in To My Hae-ri

by Jenzy

TML2.jpeg

The newest teaser for To My Hae-ri continues the artsy streak of previous promos, all while sharing a little more insight into the romantic relationships of our leading lady with DID and her two personalities.

The teaser opens Eun-ho, played by Shin Hye-sun (Welcome to Samdal-ri), a depressed announcer who is in the process of calling it quits with her boyfriend Jung Hyun-oh, played by Lee Jin-wook (Sweet Home 3). Despite their eight-year relationship, it looks like neither of them could deal with the growing emotional distance (underscored by their physical distance in the breakup scene), with Eun-ho closing the chapter on their relationship in voiceover: “I hate Hyun-oh… because I can’t have him.”

Meanwhile, love has just started to bloom for Eun-ho’s alternate identity, the bubbly Hae-ri, who boldly confesses to the stoic news anchor Kang Ju-yeon, played by Kang Hoon (A Time Called You), “I like you Ju-yeon. So I’ve started to think about you. I’ve started to wonder what you’ll do tomorrow.”

We cut away from the puppy love back to Eun-ho who asks if Hae-ri seemed happy, since her own life seems so dark. But it looks like things aren’t really over between her and Hyun-oh either, since the next few scenes are of him longingly looking at their relationship mementos. We’re told that Hyun-oh is a man with quite some baggage himself, so hopefully through healing they can both reunite toward a shared happiness.

We end on Eun-ho’s remarks harkening back to the start of the teaser: “Do you know how much you have to hate something in order to give up what you’ve always wanted?” And we’re left to wonder who she means by that. Hyun-oh? Or Hae-ri?

Written by Han Ga-ram (I’ll Find You on a Beautiful Day) and directed by Jung Ji-hyun (Lies Hidden in My Garden, Twenty Five Twenty One), ENA’s To My Hae-ri will premiere on September 23 on ENA and Genie TV.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/shin-hye-sun-faces-old-and-new-love-in-to-my-hae-ri/