[Current Drama 2024] DNA Lover, DNA 러버-Choi Si Won&Jung In Sun -Sat& Sun

Spoiler

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun Get Close For A Secret Conversation In Upcoming Drama

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun Get Close For A Secret Conversation In Upcoming Drama "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s upcoming weekend drama “DNA Lover” has released new stills of Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

The newly released still features Shim Yeon Woo and Han So Jin on a staircase, having an emotionally intense conversation. Yeon Woo looks sharply at So Jin, suggesting he has something important to say. So Jin, in turn, tries to hide her anxiety and embarrassment with a forced smile before eventually looking away. The images pique interest about the event that triggered their strong emotions and the details of their close conversation.

choi-siwon-jung-in-sun-.jpgchoi-siwon-jung-in-sun-4-.jpgchoi-siwon-jung-in-sun-2-.jpg

Spoiler

choi-siwon-jung-in-sun-3-.jpg

The production team said, “Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun are true romantic comedy experts, capturing and showing even the smallest emotional changes in their characters with great detail. Their brief two-shot scenes are impressive. Viewers can look forward to their performances in ‘DNA Lover,’ which is set to heat up this summer.”

“DNA Lover” premieres on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680681wpp/choi-siwon-and-jung-in-sun-get-close-for-a-secret-conversation-in-upcoming-drama-dna-lover

Jung In-sun welcomes Choi Siwon to experiment DNA Lover

by tccolb

Clearing the path into premiere week for TV Chosun’s upcoming DNA Lover, the latest teaser shows us that it’s written in the stars, lighting up the DNA map to help Jung In-sun (Grand Shining Hotel) find her destined love Choi Siwon (Death’s Game).

Taking us to researcher Han So-jin’s (Jung In-sun) lab, the video opens with So-jin’s theory that the secret to destiny can be found in DNA, crafting her perfect soulmate from birth. Enter the charming OB-GYN Shim Yeon-woo (Choi Siwon) who is berated in voiceover by someone asking, “Why do you have so many women in your life?” But Yeon-woo takes it all in stride, jokingly asking back if this is a bad thing.

In our hero’s defense, it doesn’t sound like he’s cheating on anyone – the implication is that Yeon-woo is a flirt and has dated a lot of women. We’re also told in character descriptions that Yeon-woo’s affectionate demeanor is quick to turn cold upon a breakup.

Case in point, his still hurting ex-girlfriend complains how it took Yeon-woo one minute to turn into a stranger. But she’s been sharing her sorrows over drinks with So-jin and the drunken group decide to find Yeon-woo and take revenge.

We then cut to So-jin spraying Yeon-woo with some kind of clear liquid, slurring, “Welcome to Han So-jin’s experiment world.” A shocked and soiled Yeon-woo then falls to his knees, crying over the destruction of his carefully pieced puzzle. But as the teaser comes to a close in the final sequence, Yeon-woo has the worrying realization that an otaku has entered his life and it seems his interest has already been piqued.

Also starring Lee Tae-hwan (Thirty-Nine) and Jung Yoo-jin (Celebrity), production for the rom-com has PD Sung Chi-wook (Tomorrow) directing with writing by Jung Su-mi (Born Again). Broadcasting in TV Chosun’s weekend slot, DNA Lover begins on August 17 and will be available for streaming on Viki.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/jung-in-sun-welcomes-choi-siwon-to-experiment-dna-lover/

Spoiler

Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, And More Share Thoughts On Love, Fate, And Super Junior's Cameos In New Drama

Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, And More Share Thoughts On Love, Fate, And Super Junior's Cameos In New Drama "DNA Lover"

The stars of TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” dished on their characters and their real-life approaches to romance!

On August 13, Super Junior’s Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, and Jung Yoo Jin attended a press conference to talk about “DNA Lover” and their experience filming the drama.

“DNA Lover” is a new romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (played by Choi Siwon).

Choi-Siwon-Jung-In-Sun-Lee-Tae-Hwan.jpg

When asked how he felt ahead of the drama’s premiere, Choi Siwon replied, “People have been asking me a lot whether I’m nervous, but I feel more excited than nervous. I’m thankful to have been given this great opportunity, and even though this was the case for other projects as well, because director Sung Chi Wook is so funny and witty, the time I spent filming the drama was so fun and delightful.”

Choi Siwon also shared his personal philosophy when it comes to romantic relationships, noting, “Fate is important, but [this drama] made me think once again that it’s important for a relationship to be based on trust and faith in one another… I think it’s a drama that made me feel that rather than fate, what’s really important is making an effort and having respect and consideration for one another.”

Choi-Siwon.jpg

Notably, Choi Siwon’s Super Junior bandmates Leeteuk and Shindong will both be making cameo appearances in “DNA Lover.”

“You don’t know how grateful I am to them,” said Choi Siwon. “Every day, when we go somewhere to perform, Leeteuk and Shindong worry about me and ask, ‘How’s the drama going? When does it end? You must be tired, right?’”

“Even though they were busy, the two of them made a cameo in the drama,” he continued. “Leeteuk was originally supposed to appear four times, but it didn’t work out because of his schedule, so I think he’ll be appearing in my next project as well.”

Jung-In-Sun-Choi-Siwon.jpg

Meanwhile, Jung In Sun spoke about why she was drawn to the character of the geeky but passionate researcher Han So Jin.

“I’m someone who’s really into blood types, Zodiac signs, MBTI personality types, and fortune-telling,” said the actress. “In that respect, I was able to relate to my character.”

Jung In Sun went on, “While taking a break for two years, I wanted to try making a new transformation while leaving behind my past mannerisms. When I first read the script [for ‘DNA Lover’], I thought the character had an energy that might be difficult for me to attempt, so I made suggestions and tried a variety of different approaches to the character. The director initially wanted [my character] to have long hair, but I cut my hair short. I think this drama will be an especially precious one for me.”

Spoiler

Jung-In-Sun-Lee-Tae-Hwan.jpg

Jung In Sun also revealed that because Choi Siwon was so funny, she always had a hard time keeping a straight face and not bursting into laughter during filming.

“Whenever I had to film with him, I let out a sigh first,” she recalled. “I needed to take deep breaths and prepare myself before filming. He has this teasing expression and look in his eye.”

Spoiler

Jung-In-Sun.jpgJung-Yoo-Jin-Choi-Siwon.jpg

Jung Yoo Jin will play the role of Shim Yeon Woo’s ex-girlfriend Jang Mi Eun, a polyamorous dating columnist.

“They say this is the first time a polyamorous character is being depicted in a Korean drama,” remarked Jung Yoo Jin. “I, too, had a hard time approaching the character at first. I’m not good at multitasking, so my dating style is focusing on one person at a time, and because [polyamory] isn’t common subject matter in Korea, I looked up things like interviews with real-life polyamorous individuals on YouTube.”

Regarding what she focused on in her portrayal of the character, Jung Yoo Jin shared, “All four characters have different approaches to love. Because Mi Eun has her own unique approach to love, I paid attention to not making her seem like a player and putting the focus on love. Although Yeon Woo is her ex-boyfriend, she truly loved him, and I tried to focus on expressing those feelings.”

Spoiler

Jung-Yoo-Jin.jpg

Finally, Lee Tae Hwan will play the role of Seo Kang Hoon, a handsome firefighter who always prioritizes Han So Jin.

Sharing his personal thoughts on love, Lee Tae Hwan noted, “In the drama, Kang Hoon doesn’t believe in fate. When I was younger, I believed in fate, but as I grew up, I started to think that it’s important to find your destiny, but it’s also important to create your own destiny. When you find the person who’s destined for you, it’s more important to maintain and create a relationship with them.”

Spoiler

Lee-Tae-Hwan-2.jpgDNA-Lover-2-1.jpg

“DNA Lover” premieres on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1681346wpp/choi-siwon-jung-in-sun-and-more-share-thoughts-on-love-fate-and-super-juniors-cameos-in-new-drama-dna-lover

• Like 1

by lo_ve, August 13, 2024
11  4

Super Junior's newest sub-unit L.S.S. will support Choi Si Won's new K-drama.

On August 13, TV Chosun held a press conference for the upcoming K-drama  DNA Lover. Main leads Choi Si Won, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, and Jung Eugene attended the event alongside the director. 

In the interview, Choi Si Won revealed that his Super Junior L.S.S. members will make a special appearance in the series. The idol actor shared how grateful he is to Lee Teuk and Shin Dong for always worrying about him while filming the drama. He also shared that despite their busy schedules, the two made a special appearance in different scenes in DNA Lover. He also asked fans to look forward to their scenes.

Super Junior L.S.S. is composed of Leeteuk, Shindong, and Choi Si Won. This newest sub-unit of Super Junior was formed in 2023. While they were on tour, Choi Si Won was also busy working on DNA Lover. 

Z8Q1xJ_2f.jpg

DNA Lover will tell the romance story of a genetic researcher who has failed numerous relationships and decides to look for her destined partner through genes.

Director Sung Chi Wook (Tomorrow and Kairos) and writer Jung Soo Mi (Born Again) will work together for the upcoming K-drama. 

Jung In Sun will portray the character named Han So Jin. She is a researcher at the Beneficial Gene Center. After failing all her relationships, she decided to find a partner who had the best genetic match with her. 

Choi Si Won on the other hand will portray the role of a obstetrician and gynecologist at Shim Hospital named Shim Yeon Woo. He always wins the hearts of women but when his partner becomes obsessed or controlling over him, he ends the relationship abruptly.

DNA Lover will be the next K-drama that will air on TV Chosun. It will be part of their Saturday and Sunday timeslot. The first episode will air on  August 17 at 9:10 PM KST. 

Super Junior's Lee Teuk and Shin Dong to make a cameo appearance in Choi Si Won's new K-drama - MyDramaList

Super Junior's Choi Siwon And Lee Tae Hwan Go From Close Friends To Romantic Rivals In

Super Junior's Choi Siwon And Lee Tae Hwan Go From Close Friends To Romantic Rivals In "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has shared a sneak peek of the tension between Super Junior’s Choi Siwon and Lee Tae Hwan!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (played by Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Lee Tae Hwan will star in the drama as Seo Kang Hoon, a handsome firefighter who always prioritizes Han So Jin. Whether it’s love or work, once Seo Kang Hoon makes up his mind about something, he is steadfastly determined to see it through.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Shim Yeon Woo and Seo Kang Hoon get into a squabble, looking at one another with displeased expressions as they bicker over something. Despite being close friends, there is palpable tension between the two men as they face off late at night.

Choi-Siwon-1.jpgLee-Tae-Hwan-5.jpgChoi-Siwon-2.jpg 

Spoiler

Lee-Tae-Hwan-2-1.jpg

“Choi Siwon and Lee Tae Hwan are actors who pour sincerity into their acting, and they are always making efforts and pondering how to make each moment more realistic and immersive,” said the drama’s production team. “The two men’s particularly close-knit bond shone bright [in the drama]. Please keep an eye on the transformations of Choi Siwon and Lee Tae Hwan, who will both heat up ‘DNA Lover’ with entirely different charms.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1681595wpp/choi-siwon-and-lee-tae-hwan-go-from-close-friends-to-romantic-rivals-in-dna-lover

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

20240818011220_Good-Partner-Love-Next-Do

"Good Partner" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet As "Love Next Door" And "DNA Lover" Premiere

The weekend drama ratings battle is heating up!

Meanwhile, two highly-anticipated new romance dramas aired their premieres last night. TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 1.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682245wpp/good-partner-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-love-next-door-and-dna-lover-premiere

20240818090850_lee-tae-hwan-choi-siwon.j

Lee Tae Hwan And Choi Siwon Have A Serious Talk In Private In "DNA Lover"

Aug 18, 2024
by S Nam

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Spoilers

Previously in the first episode, Han So Jin, who believes in fate-like love based on DNA, and Shim Yeon Woo became intertwined with each other.

The newly released stills capture Shim Yeon Woo and his close friend Seo Kang Hoon (Lee Tae Hwan) putting aside their normally playful chemistry to have a serious chat in private.

Shim Yeon Woo visits Seo Kang Hoon’s store to have a drink. In the stills, Shim Yeon Woo appears completely serious without a hint of a smile on his face, causing Seo Kang Hoon to express concern. Furthermore, Seo Kang Hoon’s significant reply to Shim Yeon Woo’s remark causes the atmosphere to become heavy, raising questions about their conversation.

lee-tae-hwan-choi-siwon-1-.jpg

The production team shared, “Choi Siwon and Lee Tae Hwan are actors who are like prisms that shine with various colors. Through ‘DNA Lover,’ they are breaking out their hidden charms. Please check through episode 2 of ‘DNA Lover’ to find out the story Choi Siwon and Lee Tae Hwan are hiding.”

Lee Tae Hwan And Choi Siwon Have A Serious Talk In Private In “DNA Lover” (soompi.com)

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] DNA Lover, DNA 러버-Choi Si Won&Jung In Sun -Sat& Sun

Premiere Watch: DNA Lover

by missvictrix

AA1oHxhK.img?w=640&h=473&m=6&x=114&y=38&

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: TV Chosun
Genre: Rom-com, melo
Episode count: 16
Global Streamer: Viki

Reasons to watch: They won me over with the total goofiness of the premise — I mean, doesn’t a K-drama geneticist heroine (Jung In-sun) searching for the Perfect Science of Love scream OG K-drama? I’m hoping TV Chosun offers us a delightful bit of drama candy here. And if not, we still have another kind of candy with Choi Siwon and Lee Tae-hwan as our heroine’s two possible DNA lovers. But if I’m really being honest, it’s Jung Yoo-jin, our second lead female, who’s my favorite actor here. May the love chips fall in a genetically favorable way!

Worth noting: Airing opposite Love Next Door in premiere date and time slot, this will likely be the landing pad for viewers who don’t jive with that drama, or are in the mood for something a little more goofy.

TL;DR: Jung In-sun is convinced there’s a perfect DNA match for her, but either of her options look just fine to me

Premiere Watch: DNA Lover » Dramabeans Korean drama recaps

AA1oHnTc.img?w=640&h=827&m=6&x=259&y=140

AA1oHqaL.img?w=640&h=832&m=6&x=187&y=193

“회당 두 번은 웃깁니다”...TV조선, 첫 로코 ‘DNA 러버’로 어려지다 (종합) [MK★현장] (msn.com)

Spoiler

AA1oHbRq.img?w=640&h=414&m=6&x=163&y=65&

AA1oH9zO.img?w=640&h=457&m=6&x=158&y=47&

TV Chosun's DNA Lover also premiered on August 17. The rom-com commenced with a nationwide rating of 1.13%. 

DNA Lover follows genetic researcher Han So Jin (Jung In Sun), who strives to find her match through genetics. The K-drama also stars Choi Si WonLee Tae Hwan, and Jung Eugene in the lead roles. 

BdNgPV_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama DNA Lover?

Episode 2 of DNA Lover will air on August 18 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

Jung Hae In and Jung So Min's "Love Next Door" Premieres with Promising Ratings - MyDramaList

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240818234334_Love-Next-Door-Romance-in

"Love Next Door," "Romance In The House," And "Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Finally, TV Chosun’s new drama “DNA Lover” scored an average nationwide rating of 0.6 percent for its second episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682457wpp/love-next-door-romance-in-the-house-and-beauty-and-mr-romantic-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

Watch: Jung In Sun And Choi Siwon Are Full Of Laughter On Set Of “DNA Lover”

Watch: Jung In Sun And Choi Siwon Are Full Of Laughter On Set Of “DNA Lover”

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” has unveiled a new making-of video from its first two episodes!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Spoilers

In the newly released video, Choi Siwon shares his excitement about the project. He says, “With so many staff working together for a while now in such a positive atmosphere, we’ve been very proactive and productive. I’m really looking forward to it and feel happy about creating an interesting and joyful drama.”

One highlight of the footage features Choi Siwon in a humorous scene where he, upon noticing his sideburns in the mirror, reacts with an exaggerated, comedic scream. When Jung In Sun sees the footage of Choi Siwon’s acting, she immediately burst into laughter and asks him to send her the video.

Meanwhile, Jung In Sun also shares her thoughts on the upcoming drama, commenting, “We finally started filming today. Thankfully, Choi Siwon is very funny, and the other actors are all friendly, which I believe will contribute to a great atmosphere on set. I hope everyone looks forward to the drama together.”

While her scenes are filled with humor, including a drunk acting scene, Jung In Sun also demonstrates her professional side by meticulously discussing even the smallest details with the director.

Watch the full video below!

“DNA Lover” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682647wpp/watch-jung-in-sun-and-choi-siwon-are-full-of-laughter-on-set-of-dna-lover

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :)

.20240825010802_Good-Partner-DNA-Lover.jp

"Good Partner" Remains No. 1 As "DNA Lover" Ratings Rise For 3rd Episode

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” rose to an average nationwide rating of 0.8 percent for its third episode

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683728wpp/good-partner-remains-no-1-as-dna-lover-ratings-rise-for-3rd-episode

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun Are Seconds Away From A Kiss In

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun Are Seconds Away From A Kiss In "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” has unveiled a sneak peek at the upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously, Han So Jin became certain that she and Shim Yeon Woo are a DNA match and ran a DNA test. However, she was shocked to find that the results of the DNA test suggested that Shim Yeon Woo has a gene that makes him a great “casanova.”

In the stills for the upcoming episode, Han So Jin and Shim Yeon Woo stand close together, seconds away from a kiss beneath a dimly lit street. While conversing, Shim Yeon Woo suddenly grabs Han So Jin’s arms and pulls her in close.

DNA-Lover-1-.jpg

The production team shared, “Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun delicately expressed the emotions of Shim Yeon Woo and Han So Jin, which change in an instant, as if they were drawing a picture,” asking viewers to anticipate the upcoming scene that will be important to their characters’ romance.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683774wpp/choi-siwon-and-jung-in-sun-are-seconds-away-from-a-kiss-in-dna-lover

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :)

20240825233723_Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-L

"Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Ratings Soar Past 20 Percent + "Love Next Door" Hits New All-Time High

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” maintained its nationwide average of 0.8 percent for its fourth episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683894wpp/beauty-and-mr-romantic-ratings-soar-past-20-percent-love-next-door-hits-new-all-time-high

TV Chosun's DNA Lover scored an average nationwide viewership of 0.8% for episode 3, dropping from 1.13% (episode 1), but recording a decent improvement from 0.62% (episode 2). 

vX3Zk8_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama DNA Lover?

Episode 4 of DNA Lover will air on August 25 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

JTBC's Romance in the House fell to its lowest ratings of 3.18% (nationwide) and 3.07% (metropolitan) for episode 5. Its previous episode scored the highest ratings of the run — 5.32% (nationwide) and 5.36% (metropolitan). 

https://mydramalist.com/article/love-next-door-experiences-an-unexpected-ratings-drop

Watch: Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, And More Showcase Playful Chemistry In “DNA Lover” Making-Of Video

Watch: Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, And More Showcase Playful Chemistry In “DNA Lover” Making-Of Video

TV Chosun’s weekend drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled a charming new making-of video!

Spoilers

The newly released video offers a delightful glimpse into the lively atmosphere on set and the actors’ dedication to making each scene the best it can be. The footage begins with Han So Jin and Shim Yeon Woo lying on an air mat, surrounded by firefighters after they tumbled onto it. Seo Kang Hoon (Lee Tae Hwan), the handsome firefighter who always looks out for So Jin, quickly rushes over to check on her.

As the actors prepare for the next take, Lee Tae Hwan rehearses the scene where he carefully examines her for any injuries. Then, Choi Siwon humorously suggests lifting So Jin to check her condition, while Jung In Sun proposes exaggerated motions, prompting laughter among the cast and crew on set.

In another scene, Jung In Sun and Choi Siwon are getting ready for a kiss scene. As Choi Siwon approaches, however, Jung In Sun bursts into laughter, teasing him for moving too slowly. Choi Siwon insists that he’s just following the director’s instructions, and Jung In Sun responds that she will get used to it. This playful exchange highlights the actors’ cute interactions even during preparation.

Watch the full video here!

“DNA Lover” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684122wpp/watch-choi-siwon-jung-in-sun-lee-tae-hwan-and-more-showcase-playful-chemistry-in-dna-lover-making-of-video

TV Chosun's DNA Lover scored 0.75% for episode 4, close to its previous episode's rating of 0.77%. The K-drama's premiere rating of 1.13% remains its highest so far. 

pd3bRD_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama DNA Lover?

Episode 5 of DNA Lover will air on August 31 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/love-next-door-rises-to-its-highest-ratings-as-other-k-dramas-hold-steady

DNA Lover: Episodes 3-4

by Dramaddictally

The wackiness continues as our eager-for-love geneticist mixes up a batch of our hero’s pheromones to see if he’s her perfect match. Judging by her prancing, it looks like a go — except, while she’s smitten for his scent, she discovers one of his not-so-attractive genes in the process.

EPISODES 3-4

We left off last week with our leads falling through the air, embracing for their lives, while also managing to take a whiff of each other before they hit the mat below. Now, all our heroine can think about is the enticing smell of our hero’s sweat. In fact, it’s so much on her brain that she later decides to sneak away with his just-used basketball jersey in order to distill his pheromones from it.

When she’s got his body scent in a flask, she dances around the research lab in bliss, feeling like her heart will explode from longing as she smells his BO. She’s convinced he’s her DNA lover. But, since she’s got a horrible history of falling for cheaters, the next step is to see if he has the “cheater gene” — which she’s isolated from experiments with the DNA of all her exes.

As for Yeon-woo, he likes So-jin too, but for less concrete reasons. All we see is that while he’s out to dinner with Mi-eun (with a very cool friend-vibe developing between them), he’s thinking of So-jin. “I think I like her, but I don’t like her,” he says, noting that he never felt that way before so it makes him curious.

Part of this might have to do with the fact that he saw her sneak away with his jersey. He’d left it on the gym floor, in a heap of other worn-and-sweaty jerseys, and while she thought no one was watching, she confiscated it and tiptoed out of the gym. He observes her like she’s nuts, but also, can’t stop thinking about her.

The next time they meet up, he asks about his jersey and she’s honest: she wanted to understand why his scent had such a strong effect on her while they fell from the roof. He looks at her and asks, “Are you confessing to me right now?” She starts to deny it just as they’re interrupted and he tells her to keep the jersey for her research (which is definitely his nerdy way of flirting with her).

Since So-jin already collected samples of Yeon-woo’s DNA in order to find an antidote to his sideburn situation (which is conveniently no longer a situation in these episodes), she can use that same sample to test for the cheater gene. Buuuuut, like any ethical researcher, she needs his consent to do further testing. And so, she heads to his office with the antidote — along with the an ulterior motive to obtain consent.

Yeon-woo is in full flirt mode by now and as So-jin gets very close to him to apply the ointment to his face, he asks, “You’re sniffing my pheromones again aren’t you?” (LOL.) She looks down in shame and denies it. But then, on second thought, she wants to know how she smells to him. He leans into her, which freaks her out and she pulls away. Instead, she heads into her real purpose: can she have his permission to test for the cheater gene? He responds, “Is this how you express your interest in someone?” (Haha. This whole bit is hilarious with him playing the straight-man and her being a jittery mess, while also being the logical scientist. It hits.)

But anyway, he won’t give his consent. “That’s not how a man and a woman get to know each other.” (Hello, Siwon.) She leaves his office looking depleted. Even though he’s clearly interested in her (which should be a good thing), she’s too worried about getting involved without proof that he’s not a cheater.

And that brings us to parental trauma and the difficult families our leads are dealing with. We learned last time that Kang-hoon had some guilt hanging over his head for a suicide that he was unable to stop. It turns out it was So-jin’s father. And So-jin also feels guilty about it because she never told her dad she loved him — and she also knew what he was planning but didn’t act to stop him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/dna-lover-episodes-3-4/

Spoiler

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun's Date Is Interfered By Lee Tae Hwan In

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun's Date Is Interfered By Lee Tae Hwan In "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” has offered a glimpse into its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “DNA Lover,” Han So Jin was initially disappointed to learn that Shim Yeon Woo carries a “casanova” gene but was relieved to discover he also has a “healer” gene. After being saved by Shim Yeon Woo, Han So Jin told him that she wanted to continue her experiment, leading to a moment where Shim Yeon Wo leaned in as if to kiss her.

The newly released stills capture the evolving love triangle between Han So Jin, Shim Yeon Woo, and Seo Kang Hoon (Lee Tae Hwan). As Yeon Woo and So Jin head out on a camping trip, Kang Hoon intervenes, aiming to disrupt their budding romance. Viewers are left wondering if Seo Kang Hoon can interfere with the connection between So Jin and Yeon Woo, who share matching DNAs and are seemingly destined to be together.

DNA-Lover2.jpgDNA-Lover5.jpg

Spoiler

DNA-Lover3.jpgDNA-Lover-10.jpgDNA-Lover1-2.jpg

DNA-Lover4.jpg

The production team of “DNA Lover” teased, “From episode 5, as Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun’s DNA romance heats up and Lee Tae Hwan desperately interferes, a comical and chaotic love triangle will unfold.” They continued, “Through the outstanding, immersive performances by the three leads, each scene is infused with a vibrant romantic comedy vibe.”

The next episode of “DNA Lover” airs on August 31 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684987wpp/choi-siwon-and-jung-in-suns-date-is-interfered-by-lee-tae-hwan-in-dna-lover

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun's Date Is Interfered By Lee Tae Hwan In "DNA Lover"

Aug 29, 2024
by J Lee

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” has offered a glimpse into its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “DNA Lover,” Han So Jin was initially disappointed to learn that Shim Yeon Woo carries a “casanova” gene but was relieved to discover he also has a “healer” gene. After being saved by Shim Yeon Woo, Han So Jin told him that she wanted to continue her experiment, leading to a moment where Shim Yeon Wo leaned in as if to kiss her.

The newly released stills capture the evolving love triangle between Han So Jin, Shim Yeon Woo, and Seo Kang Hoon (Lee Tae Hwan). As Yeon Woo and So Jin head out on a camping trip, Kang Hoon intervenes, aiming to disrupt their budding romance. Viewers are left wondering if Seo Kang Hoon can interfere with the connection between So Jin and Yeon Woo, who share matching DNAs and are seemingly destined to be together.

DNA-Lover2.jpg

DNA-Lover5.jpg

DNA-Lover3.jpg

Spoiler

DNA-Lover-10.jpg

DNA-Lover1-2.jpg

DNA-Lover4.jpg

The production team of “DNA Lover” teased, “From episode 5, as Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun’s DNA romance heats up and Lee Tae Hwan desperately interferes, a comical and chaotic love triangle will unfold.” They continued, “Through the outstanding, immersive performances by the three leads, each scene is infused with a vibrant romantic comedy vibe.”

The next episode of “DNA Lover” airs on August 31 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun's Date Is Interfered By Lee Tae Hwan In "DNA Lover" | Soompi