[Current Drama 2024] DNA Lover, DNA 러버-Choi Si Won&Jung In Sun -Sat& Sun

by Lily Alice, July 19, 2024
13 6

DNA Lover drops actress Jung In Sun's stills.

DNA Lover follows genetic researcher Han So Jin, who strives to find her match through genetics. 

Jung In Sun takes on the role of Han So Jin, a researcher at a gene center who is obsessed with finding her perfect genetic match. She is a highly skilled researcher specializing in molecular biology, studying and treating various diseases. She believes that genes can even reveal destiny and will lead her to her suitable match.

x4nKm0_2f.png

Jung In Sun expressed her thoughts, saying, "The theme [of the K-drama], which centered around DNA, was intriguing. When I was young, the blood type theory was popular, and these days MBTI is trending. Also, from zodiac signs to fortune-telling, people have consistently been interested in finding similarities and differences between themselves and others. I, too, was one of those who were overly immersed in those theories every time they became a trend. Above all, the story of [the character] understanding herself through her DNA and finding a suitable partner was very appealing."

She continued, "So Jin's thoughts and actions are somewhat eccentric but she's a character with immense passion. I even burst out laughing while reading the scenarios and dialogues in the script. There were many things that naturally came to mind as I read, and among them, the passionate character living in a world full of DNA was the one I most wanted to portray."

DNA Lover will premiere on August 17. The K-drama will be streaming on Viki. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-in-sun-plays-a-competent-genetic-researcher-in-dna-lover

News bites: July 21, 2024

by tccolb

Also coming this summer, TV Chosun’s DNA Lover released a new group poster, setting down the confusing path to find our destined-but-also-science-certified soul mate. With Choi Siwon (Death’s Game), Jung In-sun (Grand Shining Hotel), Lee Tae-hwan (Thirty-Nine), and Jung Yoo-jin (Celebrity) leading the way, the rom-com will be airing weekends starting August 17. [Star News]

optimize

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/news-bites-july-21-2024/

20240722090348_lee-tae-hwan-01.jpg?s=900Lee Tae Hwan Is A Rugged Yet Warm-Hearted Firefighter In Upcoming Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

Jul 22, 2024
by M Lim

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled new stills of Lee Tae Hwan!

Helmed by Sung Chi Wook of “Tomorrow” and written by Jung Soo Mi of “Born Again,” “DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Han So Jin (Jung In Sun), a genetic researcher who has numerous failed relationships, as she searches for her destined partner through genes. Choi Siwon takes on the role of Shim Yeon Woo, a highly talented and sensitive obstetrician who excels at social intelligence and always wins women’s hearts.

Lee Tae Hwan plays Seo Kang Hoon, a handsome and determined firefighter who always prioritizes So Jin and answers her call within a second.

The newly released stills showcase Seo Kang Hoon’s dedication and sense of responsibility as a rescue worker, emphasizing his rugged masculinity and warm-hearted nature. In one image, he is seen with a concerned expression while checking on a rescuee’s condition, and in another, he is assisting an elderly man in need.

Lee-Tae-Hwan-1.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Tae-Hwan-4.jpg

Lee Tae Hwan shared his initial impression of the drama’s unique plot, saying, “These days, people often ask about blood types or MBTI to understand each other’s personalities. When I first saw the drama’s title, the idea of finding a match through DNA intrigued me. Reading the script, I found it fresh and entertaining.”

He also shared his excitement about this being his first project after completing his military service, “I was nervous and had my worries, but I chose this project after meeting the wonderful director. I also felt this was a great opportunity to work with senior actors I’ve admired for a long time.”

Lee-Tae-Hwan-3.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Tae-Hwan-2.jpg

The production team added, “Lee Tae Hwan’s excellent physique and firm speaking tone make his role as the handsome firefighter Seo Kang Hoon shine even brighter. His transformation into a dedicated rescue worker, combined with his ‘boyfriend material’ heart-fluttering moments will captivate viewers.”

“DNA Lover” is set to premiere on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676233wpp/lee-tae-hwan-is-rugged-yet-warm-hearted-firefighter-in-upcoming-rom-com-dna-lover

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jung Yoo Jin Is A Dating Columnist Who Advocates For Polyamory In Upcoming Rom-Com

Jung Yoo Jin Is A Dating Columnist Who Advocates For Polyamory In Upcoming Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled new stills of Jung Yoo Jin!

Helmed by Sung Chi Wook of “Tomorrow” and written by Jung Soo Mi of “Born Again,” “DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Han So Jin (Jung In Sun), a genetic researcher who has numerous failed relationships, as she searches for her destined partner through genes. Choi Siwon takes on the role of Shim Yeon Woo, a highly talented and sensitive obstetrician who excels at social intelligence and always wins women’s hearts.

Jung Yoo Jin stars as Jang Mi Eun, a leading dating columnist. She advocates for polyamory, believing that loving only one person leads to failure. Confident and passionate, she excels in both dating theory and practice and has deep psychological insight. She also serves as a soulmate-like figure who understands the laid-back lifestyle of her ex Shim Yeon Woo.

The newly released stills depict Jung Yoo Jin’s eye-catching look as Jang Mi Eun, a dating columnist with a distinctive style. Jang Mi Eun is seen on the phone with bluetooth earbuds, wearing a stylish and relaxed outfit. Her long, flowing hair complements her one-shoulder knit top and elegant coat with a scarf, showcasing both comfort and sophistication. The stills generate excitement about how Jung Yoo Jin will portray the confident, provocative, and cool character of Jang Mi Eun.

dna-lover-jung-yoo-jin-3.jpg

dna-lover-jung-yoo-jin-2.jpg

dna-lover-jung-yoo-jin-1.jpg

Jung Yoo Jin shared her excitement about the unique concept of the drama, saying, “When I first got the script, the idea of using DNA to determine a soulmate felt really fresh.” She added, “The characters have very different approaches to love, and I was eager to see how their stories would intersect. Even though portraying polyamory might be challenging, I was excited to take on such a distinctive role.”

She explained, “At first, Jang Mi Eun’s way of loving was hard to understand. But through books and YouTube, I learned more about polyamory. I imagined how I could portray her and developed the character from there. I want to show viewers not just her cool demeanor but also the inner pain and growth she experiences.”

The production team said, “Jung Yoo Jin brings a unique presence with her expressions and gaze, hinting at a compelling romantic story.” They added, “Expect an exceptional performance from Jung Yoo Jin as Jang Mi Eun, a polyamorous character, showcasing her outstanding portrayal.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676396wpp/jung-yoo-jin-is-a-dating-columnist-who-advocates-for-polyamory-in-upcoming-rom-com-dna-lover

20240724051156_dna-lover-teaser-1.jpg?s=

20240724051156_dna-lover-teaser-1.jpg?s=Watch: Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, And Jung Yoo Jin Are Entangled In A Romantic Web In "DNA Lover" Teaser

Jul 24, 2024

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled a new teaser hinting at the complex love story involving Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan and Jung Yoo Jin!

Helmed by Sung Chi Wook of “Tomorrow” and written by Jung Soo Mi of “Born Again,” “DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Han So Jin (Jung In Sun), a genetic researcher who has had numerous failed relationships, as she searches for her destined partner through genes. Super Junior’s Choi Siwon takes on the role of Shim Yeon Woo, a highly talented and sensitive obstetrician who excels at social intelligence and always wins women’s hearts.

The teaser, which introduces a storyline about finding a destined match through DNA, opens with the provocative question, “Have you found your DNA lover?” The teaser then shows a camping scene where Shim Yeon Woo tries to gently feed Han So Jin, but the moment takes a humorous turn when Seo Kang Hoon (Lee Tae Hwan) grabs the food instead. Shim Yeon Woo later asks him, “Kang Hoon, you like Han So Jin, right?” Setting up a playful rivalry between the two characters, Seo Kang Hoon replies, “Hyung? I will never let you date her!”

To add to the tension, Shim Yeon Woo is also seen with Jang Mi Eun (Jung Yoo Jin) at a beautiful aquarium, and the two of them later sit together sharing drinks and exchanging subtle smiles. Meanwhile, Seo Kang Hoon smiles to himself as he recalls Han So Jin’s face before exclaiming, “I’m crazy, this is crazy,” revealing his feelings for her.

In another scene, Han So Jin says about Shim Yeon Woo, who arrives with a bouquet of flowers, “He’s acting like someone else all of a sudden. It makes my heart flutter.” The teaser then shows Seo Kang Hoon gazing softly at Han So Jin and Shim Yeon Woo leaning in as if to kiss her. Finally, Han So Jin says in voice-over, “I like you, my DNA lover,” leaving viewers curious about who her true match will be.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676726wpp/watch-choi-siwon-jung-in-sun-lee-tae-hwan-and-jung-yoo-jin-entangled-in-a-romantic-web-in-dna-lover-teaser

• Like 1

20240724084923_lee-chul-woo-dna-lover-2.

Lee Chul Woo Transforms Into A Gentle Priest In Upcoming Drama "DNA Lover"

Jul 24, 2024
by E Ezeji

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has shared stills of Lee Chul Woo!

Helmed by Sung Chi Wook of “Tomorrow” and written by Jung Soo Mi of “Born Again,” “DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun. The drama follows the story of Han So Jin (Jung In Sun), a genetic researcher with numerous failed relationships who searches for her destined partner through genes.

Actor Lee Chul Woo, who made a strong impression on viewers with his role as Hyung Gu in the popular drama “Lovely Runner,” will play Andrea, a priest with a gentle nature. Andrea will sincerely care for and help heal the troubled Son Ah Ri (Lee Soo Bin), who is Han So Jin’s best friend.

Spoiler

lee-chul-woo-dna-lover-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676771wpp/lee-chul-woo-transforms-into-a-gentle-priest-in-upcoming-drama-dna-lover

• Like 1

by lo_ve, July 24, 2024
1 0

Actor Lee Chul Woo is joining the cast of the upcoming TV Chosun K-drama DNA Lover.

On July 24, it was officially confirmed that Lee Chul Woo would be part of the cast of the upcoming romantic comedy K-drama DNA Lover. TV Chosun also released the first still cut of the actor for the upcoming series. 

This will also be the reunion of Lee Chul Woo and Super Junior's Choi Si Won. The two previously worked together in the K-drama Love Is for Suckers

DNA Lover will be Lee Chul Woo's follow-up project after starring in the hit tvN K-drama Lovely Runner. In the series, he portrayed the role of Kim Hyung Gu, the rival of Byeon Woo Seok's character in swimming.

Lee Chul Woo is a model and actor signed under ESteem Entertainment. He started his acting career in 2015. Since then, he has appeared in several K-dramas such as Love Is for Suckers, Bloodhounds, and more. 

rNgX8p_2f.jpg

DNA Lover is the latest weekend K-drama on TV Chosun and it will showcase the romance story of a genetic researcher who always ends up in failed relationships, and decides to look for her destined partner through genes.

The upcoming K-drama will be the joint work of director Sung Chi Wook (Tomorrow and Kairos) and writer Jung Soo Mi (Born Again). 

Choi Si Won, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, Jung Eugene, Joo Hee Jae, and Seo Ji Young will be the main leads of the series.

Jung In Sun will give life to the character named Han So Jin. She is a researcher at the Beneficial Gene Center. She is obsessed with finding a partner that has the best genetic match with her. 

Choi Si Won will portray the role of an obstetrician and gynecologist at Shim Hospital named Shim Yeon Woo. He always wins the hearts of women but when his partner becomes obsessed or controlling over him, he ends the relationship abruptly.

Meanwhile, Lee Chul Woo will portray the role of a priest called Andrea. He is known for his gentle personality and he is a close friend of Han So Jin. 

DNA Lover is set to air its first episode on August 17 at 9:10 PM KST. It will exclusively air on TV Chosun. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/byeon-woo-seok-s-rival-lee-chul-woo-confirmed-to-join-dna-lover

Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun Have Hilariously Chaotic First Encounter In "DNA Lover"

Jul 25, 2024
by M Lim

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has previewed Choi Siwon and Jung In Sun’s first meeting!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Han So Jin (Jung In Sun), a genetic researcher who has had numerous failed relationships, as she searches for her destined partner through genes. Super Junior’s Choi Siwon takes on the role of Shim Yeon Woo, a highly talented and sensitive obstetrician who excels at social intelligence and always wins women’s hearts.

The newly released stills capture their shocking yet comedic first encounter. Han So Jin aggressively sprays an unknown liquid at Shim Yeon Woo, who, surprised by the sudden action from someone he’s meeting for the first time, tries to shield himself but is ultimately caught off guard.

dna-lover-3.jpeg

dna-lover-7.jpeg

dna-lover-2.jpeg

Spoiler

dna-lover-1-1.jpeg

dna-lover-4.jpeg

Additional stills show Shim Yeon Woo on his knees, looking stunned, sparking curiosity about the incident.

Spoiler

dna-lover-5.jpeg

dna-lover-6.jpeg

Regarding his co-star Jung In Sun, Choi Siwon remarked, “I met Jung In Sun for the first time through ‘DNA Lover,’ and like her character Han So Jin, she is so lovely and lively, which helped me immerse in my role. She always brings a bright energy to the set, making the filming enjoyable.”

Jung In Sun also expressed her excitement about working with Choi Siwon, “When I read the script, I found the character Yeon Woo charming. Hearing that Choi Siwon was cast, I thought, ‘He suits the character so well. This will be fun.’ He’s naturally witty, and I learned a lot by watching him on set. It’s a blessing to shoot a rom-com with such an entertaining and delightful co-star. I rely on Choi Siwon a lot during filming.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1677123wpp/choi-siwon-and-jung-in-sun-have-hilariously-chaotic-first-encounter-in-dna-lover

Jung In-sun’s two candidates for her DNA Lover

by solstices

Sparks are flying in the latest teaser for TV Chosun’s upcoming rom-com DNA Lover, as our leading lady finds herself drawn to two equally swoony men. Just which one is her ideal partner, and will she be able to determine the correct answer?

“My DNA lover, who’s designed to love me,” our heroine Jung In-sun (Grand Shining Hotel) muses wistfully. As the gene researcher Han So-jin, her professional expertise and her idealistic dreams intersect in a peculiar core belief — that there exists a perfect, destined romantic match to her DNA.

But who could that possibly be? There’s Choi Siwon (Death’s Game) as the OB-GYN Shim Yeon-woo, who gently affixes a hairpin to So-jin’s unruly curls. Then there’s the young firefighter Seo Kang-hoon — played by Lee Tae-hwan (Thirty-Nine) — who gets his adorable cheeks squished between So-jin’s palms. (Cue a tiny hiccup from the startled Kang-hoon, hee.)

It doesn’t take long for our two candidates to recognize that they’re in the midst of a love triangle, and they wind up glaring at each other over a camping site. While reaching out to feed So-jin a slice of meat, Yeon-woo cuts straight to the chase: “Kang-hoon, you like So-jin, right?” In response, Kang-hoon eats the food straight off Yeon-woo’s chopsticks. Ha, So-jin and Yeon-woo’s looks of incredulous disbelief are absolutely priceless.

Seemingly orchestrated by fate, Yeon-woo just so happens to be there when So-jin needs him, helping her up after she falls on a twisted ankle. But if you thought it’d lead straight to swoony butterflies, think again, because here’s where the comedy comes in. Not only does So-jin unabashedly lean across Yeon-woo’s office desk, but she also astonishes him with a loud yelp right in his face. Not your typical heroine, this one.

As for Kang-hoon, he’s taking this rivalry very seriously. “So-jin noona will end up with a good man,” Kang-hoon declares to Yeon-woo. “I’ll make sure she doesn’t date you, hyung!” Perhaps a little misguided, but his puppy-like devotion is quite endearing — Kang-hoon’s so smitten he can’t stop daydreaming about his pretty noona who buys him food.

Refusing to admit defeat, Yeon-woo begins his courtship efforts anew, showing up at her classroom door with a bouquet of fresh flowers. “It’s as if he’s suddenly acting like a different person,” a bewildered So-jin comments, “making me flustered and all.” To further complicate matters, Jung Yoo-jin (Celebrity) enters the picture as the polyamory columnist Jang Mi-eun, who seems to still harbor feelings for her ex Yeon-woo. With both our leads torn between two choices, will their DNA connection win out? (Or maybe Mi-eun could convince them all into a best-of-both-worlds polycule? Hey, a girl can dream.)

Directed by PD Sung Chi-wook (Tomorrow) with scripts written by Jung Su-mi (Born Again), DNA Lover premieres next month on August 17.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/jung-in-suns-two-candidates-for-her-dna-lover/

A Drunk Jung In Sun Passes Out In Someone's Hallway In Upcoming Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

Jul 28, 2024
by E Cha

Jung In Sun is about to transform into a sloppy drunk in TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover”!

“DNA Lover” is a new romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (played by Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Han So Jin causes a scene after having way too many drinks. Intoxicated and barely able to keep her eyes open, Han So Jin begins rambling loudly with a drink and empty bottle in her hand, raising the question of what could have made her upset enough to get this drunk.

Later, a wobbly Han So Jin sets out to go somewhere, only to wind up passing out in the hallway of a building.

Jung-In-Sun-7.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-In-Sun-2-3.jpg

Jung-In-Sun-3-1.jpg

Jung-In-Sun-4-1.jpg

Describing her approach to her role, Jung In Sun shared, “I really wanted to try portraying [this character] in a way that’s more extreme than what I’ve done up until now. First, I wanted to make a transformation in terms of my appearance, so I cut my long hair and added curls and baby hairs. In order to depict [Han So Jin’s] bubbly and lively energy, I chose makeup colors that were different from the tones I’ve typically used in the past, and style-wise, I expressed the character’s passion through bold patterns in primary colors.”

“After creating her look, I gained more courage to portray Han So Jin’s daring actions and her passion in searching for love,” continued the actress.

Meanwhile, the drama’s production team praised Jung In Sun’s performance by declaring, “We’re confident that Jung In Sun, who impressed everyone on set with her unique energy and determination, will make viewers fall deeply for the charms of Han So Jin in ‘DNA Lover.’”

“DNA Lover” will premiere on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1677357wpp/a-drunk-jung-in-sun-passes-out-in-someones-hallway-in-upcoming-rom-com-dna-lover

3 Compelling Reasons To Tune In To "DNA Lover"

Jul 29, 2024

TV Chosun’s “DNA Lover” has revealed key highlights to watch for!

“DNA Lover” is a new romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Before its premiere, “DNA Lover” unveiled three reasons to look forward to the drama!

Breaking the traditional with “DNA Lover”

dna-lover-1-1-1.jpeg

“DNA Lover” is an engaging romantic comedy with a unique twist: it suggests that DNA reveals the secrets of fate and love. This new series represents a major expansion of the TV Chosun drama universe, breaking traditional genre and generational barriers. TV Chosun has already shown its versatility with popular family dramas such as “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)” Seasons 1 through 3, “Uncle,” and “Red Balloon” as well as fantasy romance drama “Durian’s Affair” and the psychological thriller “My Happy Ending.” With “DNA Lover,” TV Chosun aims to offer a fresh romantic comedy that connects with viewers across generations and evokes deep emotional responses.

The unique concept of fantasy-inspired romantic comedy

dna-lover-2.jpeg

“DNA Lover” redefines the romance genre with its imaginative concept that DNA shapes fate. This new take on romantic comedies sets itself apart with a distinctive approach. The series contrasts the cynical Shim Yeon Woo, who dismisses the idea of fate, with Han So Jin, a firm believer in DNA’s role in destiny. Their differing views on love drive the plot, offering a blend of surprising twists and humor.

Director Sung Chi Wook enhances the show’s visual appeal with vibrant CGI (computer-generated imagery) and special effects that bring the concept of DNA to life. This dynamic visual style creates a unique experience for viewers. The series also impresses with its beautiful settings and witty dialogue, heightening anticipation for this engaging romantic comedy.

The cast’s acting transformation

DNA-Lover-1.jpeg

Actors Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, and Jung Yoo Jin take on transformative roles in “DNA Lover,” creating dynamic on-screen synergy. Choi Siwon stars as Shim Yeon Woo, a gruff yet caring obstetrician, making a strong return to romantic comedy. Jung In Sun plays Han So Jin, an enthusiastic researcher who undergoes a dramatic makeover.

Lee Tae Hwan, making his return to acting after military service, plays Seo Kang Hoon, a dedicated and attractive firefighter who remains committed in both love and work. Jung Yoo Jin takes on the role of Jang Mi Eun, a relationship columnist whose portrayal of polyamory and non-exclusive dating adds depth and intrigue to the series.

The production team said, “TV Chosun dramas have always pushed boundaries, and this will be their first foray into romantic comedy. Viewers can expect a fresh and innovative take on the genre.” They added, “TV Chosun’s romantic comedy will offer a unique and novel approach, opening up a new world of romantic comedies.”

“DNA Lover” will premiere on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1677692wpp/3-compelling-reasons-to-tune-in-to-dna-lover

20240730102602_dna-lover-choi-siwon-2-1.Choi Siwon Discusses Playing Warm Obstetrician With Cold Heart In Love In Upcoming Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

Jul 30, 2024
by M Lim

Choi Siwon has delved into his emotionally complex role in TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover”!

“DNA Lover” is a new romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Shim Yeon Woo is an obstetrician known for his boundless compassion and care for pregnant women and babies. However, his approach to love is strikingly different. While he showers his partners with love and affection when he’s in a relationship, he becomes icy cold once his feelings wane.

dna-lover-choi-siwon.jpg

Choi Siwon shared his insights on playing Shim Yeon Woo, saying, “I concentrated on highlighting the contrast between how Shim Yeon Woo interacts with expectant mothers and babies versus his behavior in romantic relationships. The character is full of comedic charm and appeal that will make viewers’ hearts flutter, so I hope you look forward to it.”

He continued, “I’m thrilled to return to the romantic comedy genre with ‘DNA Lover.’ I’ve put a lot of effort into studying every facet of Shim Yeon Woo to present a fresh and distinct portrayal compared to my previous roles.”

dna-lover-choi-siwon-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1677942wpp/choi-siwon-discusses-playing-warm-obstetrician-with-cold-heart-in-love-in-upcoming-rom-com-dna-lover

• Like 1

20240731084120_dna-lover-02_f39fbf.jpg?sJung In Sun Bursts Into Tears When Her Ex Leaves Her Behind In New Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

Jul 31, 2024
by S Kim

TV CHOSUN’s upcoming rom-com drama “DNA Lover” has released new stills!

In the newly released stills, Jung In Sun showcases a bold transformation with a curly short bob. In the drama, Han So Jin, who typically has a bright and lovable image, is shown with her eyes brimming with tears in front of her ex-boyfriend.

dna-lover-04.jpg

As her ex-boyfriend turns his back and walks away, Han So Jin starts to sob loudly, raising questions about the story behind this emotional outburst.

dna-lover-03.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678156wpp/jung-in-sun-bursts-into-tears-when-her-ex-leaves-her-behind-in-new-rom-com-dna-lover

20240801085720_dna-lover-01.jpg?s=900x60Choi Siwon And Jung Yoo Jin Have Heartwarming Reunion As Exes In Upcoming Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

Aug 01, 2024
by M Lim

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled new stills of Choi Siwon and Jung Yoo Jin!

Jung Yoo Jin stars as Jang Mi Eun, a sought-after dating columnist who advocates for polyamory, believing that one can love multiple people simultaneously.

The newly released stills capture the reunion of former lovers Shim Yeon Woo and Jang Mi Eun. After meeting again after a long time, Jang Mi Eun warmly wraps her arms around Shim Yeon Woo’s neck, holding him tightly, while Shim Yeon Woo responds with a bright smile.

dna-lover-3.jpg

Spoiler

dna-lover-2.jpg

dna-lover-1.jpg

dna-lover-4.jpg

Choi Siwon commented, “The atmosphere on set was always filled with laughter thanks to the lively and energetic cast. We often brainstormed ideas to make the show more entertaining for viewers and rehearsed several times before each shoot.”

Jung Yoo Jin added, “Choi Siwon is very humorous and really uplifted the set. Every time we met, there was non-stop laughter. Whenever Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, and I had scenes together, we often had a lot of NGs because we laughed so much.”

“DNA Lover” will premiere on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678397wpp/choi-siwon-and-jung-yoo-jin-have-heartwarming-reunion-as-exes-in-upcoming-rom-com-dna-lover

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Tae Hwan Is A Firefighter Determined To Save Lives In Upcoming Rom-Com

Lee Tae Hwan Is A Firefighter Determined To Save Lives In Upcoming Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled a new glimpse of Lee Tae Hwan in character!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (played by Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Lee Tae Hwan will star in the drama as Seo Kang Hoon, a handsome firefighter who always prioritizes Han So Jin.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Seo Kang Hoon wears a serious expression after being dispatched to an emergency situation. The firefighter initially looks troubled as he inspects his surroundings, but his gaze soon turns determined as he prepares to jump headfirst into the emergency. Despite the obvious danger to his own safety, Seo Kang Hoon fearlessly thinks of nothing else aside from rescuing those in need.

Lee-Tae-Hwan.jpgLee-Tae-Hwan-3.jpg

Describing how he prepared for his role, Lee Tae Hwan recalled, “Because this was my first time playing a firefighter, I researched [the profession] through a wide variety of platforms and studied up on the information I found.”

“Before filming began, I went to a fire station and learned how to use their real-life equipment and uniforms,” he continued, “and I also prepared by asking an expert teacher lots of questions.”

Praising his dedication to bringing Seo Kang Hoon to life, the “DNA Lover” production team remarked, “Lee Tae Hwan, who had never played a firefighter before, poured his all into portraying the character of Seo Kang Hoon in a realistic way. Please look forward to Lee Tae Hwan’s impressive transformation, which will thoroughly reveal his hidden charms that viewers haven’t had a chance to see yet.”

Lee-Tae-Hwan-4.jpg

“DNA Lover” premieres on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678861wpp/lee-tae-hwan-is-a-firefighter-determined-to-save-lives-in-upcoming-rom-com-dna-lover

Spoiler

Jung In Sun Commands The Stage As She Gives Lecture About DNA In New Rom-Com

Jung In Sun Commands The Stage As She Gives Lecture About DNA In New Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

TV CHOSUN’s upcoming rom-com drama “DNA Lover” has released new stills ahead of its premiere!

“DNA Lover” is a new romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

In the newly released stills, Han So Jin exudes professionalism as she delivers a lecture. With a sleek bob cut and dressed in a sharp black suit, she captivates the audience in a large auditorium at the Genetic Center, discussing the “theory of DNA destiny.”

Jung-In-Sun-03.jpg

Jung-In-Sun-04.jpg

Jung-In-Sun-02.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-In-Sun-01.jpg

Jung In Sun shared, “Before filming, I had the opportunity to visit an actual genetics center. By seeing the labs and talking with researchers, I could gradually piece things together. After the visit, I had meals with the researchers, learning not only about DNA but also about their daily lives and hobbies. This helped me get closer to So Jin and focus on portraying a researcher.”

“DNA Lover” premieres on August 17 at 9:10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679116wpp/jung-in-sun-commands-the-stage-as-she-gives-lecture-about-dna-in-new-rom-com-dna-lover

Spoiler

Lee Tae Hwan Is A Protective Knight For Jung In Sun In New Rom-Com

Lee Tae Hwan Is A Protective Knight For Jung In Sun In New Rom-Com "DNA Lover"

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled a new glimpse of Lee Tae Hwan and Jung In Sun’s relationship!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

Lee Tae Hwan will star in the drama as Seo Kang Hoon, a handsome firefighter who always prioritizes Han So Jin.

Lee Tae Hwan adds a touch of excitement by playing a protective figure who helps Jung In Sun’s character during a crisis. In one scene, Han So Jin runs into her ex-boyfriend on the street and finds herself in a tough spot. As she struggles and tears up, Seo Kang Hoon appears, twists the ex-boyfriend’s wrist, and then comforts Han So Jin, who is seething with anger.

Spoiler

dna-lover-still-4.jpg

dna-lover-still-3.jpg

dna-lover-still-2.jpg

dna-lover-still-1.jpg

Jung In Sun said, “Lee Tae Hwan has excellent observational skills. He quietly watches the situation and his fellow actors, always being there when needed. We communicated well about the scenes, and his thoughtfulness made me feel comfortable and confident during filming.”

Lee Tae Hwan shared, “Even though this was my first time working with Jung In Sun, she made me feel like I was with an old friend. Her energy, despite her small stature, was a big influence on set, and I enjoyed working with her.”

The production team said, “Jung In Sun and Lee Tae Hwan boost each other’s energy, really bringing the show ‘DNA Lover’ to life. Their strong chemistry and dependable acting make their portrayals of love vibrant and compelling. We hope viewers will enjoy their performances.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679628wpp/lee-tae-hwan-is-a-protective-knight-for-jung-in-sun-in-new-rom-com-dna-lover

20240808115900_dna-lover-teaser-1.jpg?s=Watch: Choi Siwon And Jung In Sun Are Polar Opposites Intertwined By DNA-Driven Fate In New "DNA Lover" Teaser

Aug 08, 2024
by M Lim

TV Chosun’s upcoming drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled a new trailer!

“DNA Lover” is a new romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

The teaser unveils the intertwined fates of Shim Yeon Woo and Han So Jin, two characters with starkly different personalities but become intertwined as if their destinies were written in their DNA.

The teaser begins with a determined Han So Jin deeply engrossed in genetic research, accompanied by her narration saying, “The secret of destiny lies in DNA.” On the other hand, Shim Yeon Woo is seen passionately giving a lecture to a crowd of adoring women. When someone asks him, “Why are there so many women in your life?” he confidently replies, “Is having many a bad thing?” hinting at his undeniable popularity.

The scene takes a sudden turn as Han So Jin welcomes Shim Yeon Woo into her “experiment world,” spraying him with a mysterious substance that sends him to his knees, screaming—foreshadowing the chaos ahead. The trailer closes with Shim Yeon Woo murmuring to himself, “I’m in trouble, an otaku has crossed into my lane,” hinting at a budding romance.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680117wpp/watch-choi-siwon-and-jung-in-sun-are-polar-opposites-intertwined-by-dna-driven-fate-in-new-dna-lover-teaser

• Like 1

Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, And Jung Yoo Jin Showcase Their Unique Charms In New

Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, And Jung Yoo Jin Showcase Their Unique Charms In New "DNA Lover" Poster

TV Chosun’s upcoming weekend drama “DNA Lover” has unveiled a new poster!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

The newly released poster features the four main characters set against a pastel-toned background, each captured with poses and expressions that reflect their unique personalities.

The first character depicted in the poster is obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo, whose charm is highlighted by his soft gaze and subtle smile. Although Shim Yeon Woo is intensely affectionate while dating someone, that loving nature contrasts sharply with his cold demeanor when ending relationships.

Han So Jin showcases her endearing qualities in the poster, with her bright smile and playful pose emphasizing her innocent personality as a quirky scientist.

Meanwhile, Seo Kang Hoon (Lee Tae Hwan) radiates a vibrant energy with his trustworthy gaze and gentle expression.

In contrast to the others, Jang Mi Eun (Jung Yoo Jin) looks off to the side with one hand reaching outward, reflecting her liberal personality as a polyamorous character.

dna-lover.jpg

The production team teased, “From the subject matter and plot to the characters’ traits, viewers will finally get to see a unique and distinctive romantic comedy.” They continued, “Please watch out for the four cast members—Choi Siwon, Jung In Sun, Lee Tae Hwan, and Jung Yoo Jin—who will dazzle with their exceptional acting in ‘DNA Lover.’”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680147wpp/choi-siwon-jung-in-sun-lee-tae-hwan-and-jung-yoo-jin-showcase-their-unique-charms-in-new-dna-lover-poster

20240811082104_dna-lover-.jpg?s=900x600&Lee Si Hoon, Lee Chul Woo, Jung Yi Rang, And More Tease Intriguing Cast Dynamics In "DNA Lover"

Aug 11, 2024
by S Nam

TV Chosun has shared more insight into upcoming drama “DNA Lover”!

“DNA Lover” is a romantic comedy starring Jung In Sun as Han So Jin, a genetic researcher who has been through countless failed relationships. As she searches for her destined partner through genes, she winds up becoming entangled with sensitive obstetrician Shim Yeon Woo (Super Junior’s Choi Siwon).

The newly released stills share a glimpse of Lee Si Hoon, Lee Chul Woo, Park Sung Geun, Jung Min Sung, and Jung Yi Rang who will add to the dynamic rom-com synergy of “DNA Lover” with their talented acting skills and chemistry.

Lee Si Hoon, who impressed in numerous projects including “Mr. Sunshine,” “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” “The Killing Vote,” “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon,” and more, will be playing Yeo Jung Tam, an endocrinologist who graduated from the same school as Shim Yeon Woo. Yeo Jung Tam is a character with many flaws, but he is an emotional figure who will even cry together with his patients.

lee-si-hoon-.jpg

Lee Chul Woo, who recently impressed viewers with “Lovely Runner,” will play the warmhearted priest Andrea, raising anticipation for the actor’s portrayal.

lee-chul-woo-.jpg

Park Sung Geun will take on the role of Shim Yeon Woo’s father Shim Sung Hoon, who was once a famous obstetrician. He will showcase a tense relationship with his son Shim Yeon Woo, raising anticipation for his role in “DNA Lover.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680455wpp/lee-si-hoon-lee-chul-woo-jung-yi-rang-and-more-tease-intriguing-cast-dynamics-in-dna-lover

• Like 1