[Upcoming Drama 2025] Way Back Love/A Week Before I Die, 내가 죽기 일주일 전 - Gong Myung & Kim Min Ha- Premieres in 2025

larus

Drama: A Week Before I Die/Way Back Love (English Sutitle) 

Hangul:내가 죽기 일주일 전

Genre: romance, fantasy

Network: TVING

Episodes:

Director: Choi Ha-Na

Writer: Seo Eun-Chae (novel)

Release Date: 2025

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“A Week Before I Die” is a fantasy romance drama that tells the story of 24-year-old Hee Wan (Kim Min Ha), who is severely withdrawn socially and doesn’t have the will to live. One day, her childhood friend and first love Ram Woo (Gong Myung) appears in front of her as a grim reaper. As Hee Wan and Ram Woo reunite a week before Hee Wan’s death, the two face a secret they did not know about in high school and start to find the meanings of life and love.

Cast

Gong Myung as Kim Ram Woo

Kim Min Ha as Jung Hee Wan

Jung Gun Joo as Lee Hong Seok

Oh Woo Ri as Yoon Tae Kyung

Go Chang Suk as Jung Il Bum

Seo Young Hee as Kim Jung Sook

Character descriptions

Kim Ram Woo (Gong Myung) is a grim reaper who appears in front of Hee Wan six years after his death. Ram Woo shakes up Hee Wan’s lethargic daily life by completing an extraordinary bucket list together in Hee Wan’s final week before her death.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

20231108013252_gong-myung-kim-min-ha.jpg

Gong Myung And Kim Min Ha Confirmed For New Fantasy Romance Drama

Nov 8, 2023
by S. Kim

Gong Myung and Kim Min Ha will be starring in TVING’s new fantasy romance drama!

On November 8, TVING announced Gong Myung and Kim Min Ha as the main cast members for its upcoming drama “A Week Before I Die” (literal title).

Based on a novel, “A Week Before I Die” is a fantasy romance drama that tells the story of 24-year-old Hee Wan (Kim Min Ha), who is severely withdrawn socially and doesn’t have the will to live. One day, her childhood friend and first love Ram Woo (Gong Myung) appears in front of her as a grim reaper. As Hee Wan and Ram Woo reunite a week before Hee Wan’s death, the two face a secret they did not know about in high school and start to find the meanings of life and love.

Gong Myung takes on the role of Kim Ram Woo, a grim reaper who appears in front of Hee Wan six years after his death. Ram Woo shakes up Hee Wan’s lethargic daily life by completing an extraordinary bucket list together in Hee Wan’s final week before her death.

Kim Min Ha plays Jung Hee Wan, who wastes her youth until she gets sentenced with the day she dies. Kim Min Ha is expected to showcase her acting skills through her character Hee Wan, who goes back and forth between a mischievous high school girl and a helpless 24-year-old hikikomori (someone who is withdrawn from society).

“A Week Before I Die” is set to premiere in 2025.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624949wpp/gong-myung-and-kim-min-ha-confirmed-for-new-fantasy-romance-drama

20240124085307_A-Week-Before-I-Die-Cast.Jung Gun Joo, Oh Woo Ri, And More Join Gong Myung And Kim Min Ha In New Drama

Jan 24, 2024
by M. Lim

TVING’s upcoming drama “A Week Before I Die” (literal title) has unveiled more of its cast lineup!

On January 24, TVING confirmed that Jung Gun Joo, Oh Woo Ri, Go Chang Suk, and Seo Young Hee will star in the new drama “A Week Before I Die.”

Based on a novel, “A Week Before I Die” is a fantasy romance drama that tells the story of 24-year-old Jung Hee Wan, who is severely withdrawn socially and doesn’t have the will to live. One day, her childhood friend and first love Kim Ram Woo appears in front of her as a grim reaper a week before her death. Kim Ram Woo then shakes up Jung Hee Wan’s lethargic daily life by completing an extraordinary bucket list together in her final week.

Previously, it was confirmed that Gong Myung will take on the role of Kim Ram Woo, a good-looking man with a tsundere demeanor but a warm heart, while Kim Min Ha will be starring as Jung Hee Wan, a bright and innocent woman.

Jung Gun Joo will portray Lee Hong Seok, Kim Ram Woo’s best friend and an avid board game enthusiast.

Oh Woo Ri is set to play Yoon Tae Kyung, an adorable foodie who is Jung Hee Wan’s best friend and soulmate.

Go Chang Suk will star as Jung Hee Won’s father Jung Il Bum, a single dad who runs a small restaurant and single-handedly raises his two daughters.

Finally, Seo Young Hee will take on the role of Kim Jung Sook, Kim Ram Woo’s mother who gave up her career as a painter to devote her life to protecting her son.

a-week-before-i-die.jpeg

“A Week Before I Die” is scheduled to be released in 2025.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1638982wpp/jung-gun-joo-oh-woo-ri-and-more-join-gong-myung-and-kim-min-ha-in-new-drama

by Lily Alice, January 24, 2024
2 0

The upcoming TVING original A Week Before I Die has unveiled its cast lineup.

A Week Before I Die is a fantasy melodrama that tells the story of Kim Ram Woo (Gong Myung), who appears as the Grim Reaper in front of Jung Hee Wan (Kim Min Ha), his childhood friend who is now a 24-year-old woman leading a dull life, a week before her death. 

Kim Ram Woo and Jung Hee Wan fill Jung Hee Wan's bucket list, discover secrets, and search for the meaning of life.

The two characters became friends through an April Fools' Day prank where they switched names.

Xdr8LZ_2f.png

For the role of Lee Hong Seok, Kim Ram Woo's close friend, Jung Gun Joo (Extraordinary You, The Secret Romantic Guesthouse) has been cast. He will play a passionate high school student.

The rookie actress Oh Woo Ri has been cast as Yoon Tae Kyung, the lively and cute best friend of Jung Hee Wan. 

For the role of Jung Il Beom, Hee Wan's father who runs a small restaurant and raises two daughters alone, veteran actor Ko Chang Seok (Memorist)  has been cast. 

Playing the mother of Kim Ram Woo, Kim Jung Sook, who gave up her passion for art for her son's sake, is acclaimed actress Seo Young Hee (Twinkling Watermelon)

The TVING original series A Week Before I Die is the first OTT series planned and produced by CJ ENM's film business division. Director Roh Deok, known for productions such as Glitch, serves as the creator, while director Choi Ha Na takes on the directing duties. Moreover, the screenplay is in the hands of writers Song Hyun Joo and Jang In Jeong.

A Week Before I Die is set to be released sometime in 2025.

https://mydramalist.com/article/new-tving-k-drama-a-week-before-i-die-confirms-cast

Grim reapers and bucket lists in A Week Before I Die

by Jenzy

What would you do with one week left to live? In TVING’s upcoming youth fantasy drama A Week Before I Die, Kim Min-ha (Pachinko) must decide how to make the most of her life when given a delayed death sentence from her personal grim reaper Gong Myung (Lovers of the Red Sky).

At only the tender age of twenty-four, Jung Hee-wan (Kim Min-ha) has no desire to live. Six years ago, her closest friend and first love Kim Ram-woo (Gong Myung) died in an accident, and that tragedy led her down a road of isolation and apathy to where we meet her present day living a life of a recluse.

But her bubble gets burst one day when a grim reaper shows up at her door, and not just any grim reaper either — it’s Ram-woo back from the dead. He’s here to tell her that she has one week left to live, but she can end her life peacefully anytime before then if she says his name three times.

Overwhelmed at their reunion and terrified at the idea of losing him again, Hee-wan refuses to say Ram-woo’s name. So Ram-woo changes his approach by having her write out a bucket list of all the things she wants to do before she dies, intending to help her come out of her shell with happy moments in her last days. As the two work together to check off Hee-wan’s list, they’ll rekindle their old friendship, uncover secrets from their past, and learn the true meaning of life and love.

Based on the novel of the same name by Seo Eun-chae and with Noh Deok (Glitch) as creator, TVING’s A Week Before I Die is directed by filmmaker Choi Ha-na (Citizen Pane) and adapted into a screenplay by Song Hyun-ju and Jang In-jung. It’s scheduled to be released sometime in 2025.

Via The Fact

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/grim-reapers-and-bucket-lists-in-a-week-before-i-die/

20240202024545_gong-myung-kang-min-ha.jpGong Myung, Kim Min Ha, And More Impress At Script Reading For Upcoming Fantasy Romance Drama

Feb 2, 2024
by E. Ezeji

Based on a novel, “A Week Before I Die” is a fantasy romance drama that tells the story of 24-year-old Jung Hee Wan (Kim Min Ha), who is severely withdrawn socially and doesn’t have the will to live. One day, her childhood friend and first love Kim Ram Woo (Gong Myung) appears in front of her as a grim reaper a week before her death. Kim Ram Woo then shakes up Jung Hee Wan’s lethargic daily life by completing an extraordinary bucket list together in her final week.

Director Noh Deok, director Choi Ha Na, and writers Song Hyun Joo and Jang In Jeong were present at the script reading along with cast members Gong Myung, Kim Min Ha, Oh Woo Ri, Jung Gun Joo, Seo Young Hee, and Go Chang Suk.

As soon as the script reading began, the actors immersed themselves in their characters and delivered passionate performances.

Gong Myung takes on the role of Kim Ram Woo, a grim reaper who appears in front of Hee Wan six years after his death. Ram Woo shakes up Hee Wan’s lethargic daily life by completing an extraordinary bucket list together in Hee Wan’s final week before her death.

Gong Myung impressed with his portrayal of Kim Ram Woo. He perfectly captured the different sides of the character of Kim Ram Woo, from his shy high school days to appearing again by Hee Won’s side as a Grim Reaper.a-week-before-i-die-2.jpg

Kim Min Ha portrayed a wide spectrum of emotions in her role as Jung Hee Wan, who goes from being a mischievous high school girl to a helpless 24-year-old. Viewers’ curiosity is heightened about how the once lively and playful Hee Won ended up becoming a lethargic college student and the connection between her and grim reaper Ram Woo.

Spoiler

a-week-before-i-die-3.jpg

a-week-before-i-die-5.jpg

a-week-before-i-die-4.jpg

a-week-before-i-die-7.jpg

a-week-before-i-die-6.jpg

a-week-before-i-die-1.jpg

Learning life and love from A Week Before a Die

by tccolb

a-week-before-i-die-1.jpg

Although production is still in its early stages, TVING’s fantasy romance A Week Before I Die gives us a sneak peek with the first script reading stills, led by leads Gong Myung (Lovers of the Red Sky) and Kim Min-ha (Pachinko).

Adapted from a novel by the same title (authored by Seo Eun-chae), we meet Kim Min-ha in the role of Jung Hee-wan during a dark chapter, having lost her smile and the will to live. Enter Gong Myung playing our heroine’s first love Kim Ram-woo, who tragically died back in high school.

Now a grim reaper, Ram-woo re-appears in Hee-wan’s life to foretell her death in one week’s time and offer to help fulfill her bucket list items in the remaining days. We then follow their thoughtful journey as our pair re-connect, allowing them to discover truths about the past and realize the depths of love and life.

Rounding out their friend group of four, we have Jung Geon-joo (The Secret Romantic Guesthouse) playing Ram-woo’s other half Lee Hong-seok, who is described as a board game addict and former competitive swimmer. Hee-wan’s soulmate and bestie, on the other hand, is Oh Woo-ri (Welcome to Samdal-ri) taking on the part of Yoon Tae-kyung.

In supportive roles, we also have the adorable and good-natured Go Chang-seok (Glitch) playing Hee-wan’s dad, and Seo Young-hee (Twinkling Watermelon) playing Ram-woo’s gentle but strong mom.

Directed by filmmaker Choi Ha-na (More than Family) with scripts co-written by Song Hyun-joo and Jang In-jung, TVING’s A Week Before I Die will be releasing next year in 2025.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/learning-life-and-love-from-a-week-before-a-die/

• 7 months later...

Way Back Love FIRST trailer OUT: Kim Min Ha unexpectedly meets dead boyfriend Gong Myung, reopening old wounds

Kim Min Ha and Gong Myung’s upcoming romance drama Way Back Love’s first trailer and stills have been revealed. Check them out here.

Updated on Sep 05, 2024  

1019869527_way-back-love-kim-min-ha.jpg

Kim Min Ha, the noted South Korean actress who is best known for her lead role in the acclaimed series Pachinko will soon be leading the drama Way Back Love alongside Be Melodramatic’s Gong Myung. Ahead of its reveal at BIFF 2024, Way Back Love’s first trailer and stills have been revealed depicting Kim Min Ha who is taken back when she suddenly reunites with her dead boyfriend Gong Myung. 

On September 4, 2024, the 29th Busan International Film Festival revealed the first trailer of Way Back Love starring Kim Min Ha and Gong Myung along with the unseen stills from the drama. 

The trailer begins with Kim Min Ha who plays Kim Ra Moo, she has a similar name to one of her male classmates, Kim Ram Woo played by Gong Myung. Kim Min Ha is a bubbly girl who runs from place to place. She exchanges name batches with Gong Myung and tries to take his place during PT and fails miserably showcasing her free-spirited soul. 

The following scenes show how Kim Min Ha and Gong Myung’s characters though starting off on the wrong foot soon come close and start having romantic feelings for each other.

Suddenly, time changes and we see a gloomy Kim Ra Moo when she opens her door she finds her boyfriend Kim Ram Woo at her door, but he died 4 years ago. This unexpected reunion leads to the reopening of old wounds. 

Kim Min Ha remembers when she broke down after suddenly losing her boyfriend, Gong Myung. She can not understand why is he back when he says, he has something to say to her.

Watch Way Back Love’s first trailer here: 

Additionally, Way Back Love’s first set of stills was also released. The first stills show when Kim Min Ha suddenly meets her dead boyfriend Gong Myung and is shocked. While others show their happy school times with classmates. 

more https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/way-back-love-first-trailer-stills-out-kim-min-ha-unexpectedly-meets-dead-boyfriend-gong-myung-reopening-old-wounds-1345929

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2025] Way Back Love/A Week Before I Die, 내가 죽기 일주일 전 - Gong Myung & Kim Min Ha- Premieres in 2025

20240908043140_Gong-Myung-Kim-Min-Ha.jpgWatch: Kim Min Ha's First Love Gong Myung Returns To Her A Week Before Her Death In "Way Back Love" Trailer

Sep 08, 2024
by E Cha

TVING has released a trailer and new stills for its upcoming drama “Way Back Love”!

“Way Back Love,” which is based on a novel, is a fantasy romance drama starring Kim Min Ha as Hee Wan, a 24-year-old woman who has isolated herself from society after losing the will to live. A week before her death, her childhood friend and first love Ram Woo (Gong Myung) appears before her as a grim reaper.

The newly released trailer begins during Hee Wan and Ram Woo’s happy school days, when the two students jokingly exchange their school uniform name tags and swap names for fun. One of Hee Wan’s friends accuses her of having a crush on Ram Woo, and it looks as though her feelings for her friend are reciprocated.

However, when the trailer cuts to present day, the severely depressed Hee Wan is nearly unrecognizable. After waking up to a knock on her door, Hee Wan is shocked to see Ram Woo waiting for her on the other side. “It’s been a long time,” says Ram Woo cheerfully, before calling her by his name. “Have you been doing well, Kim Ram Woo? I came here because I have something I absolutely need to tell you. Didn’t you miss me all this time?”

It is then revealed that only Hee Wan can see Ram Woo, who turns out to have passed away four years ago. “But you died,” Hee Wan tells him. “Four years ago.”

“Way Back Love” is currently scheduled to premiere in 2025.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686835wpp/watch-kim-min-has-first-love-gong-myung-returns-to-her-a-week-before-her-death-in-way-back-love-trailer