Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

10 Heartbreaking Korean Melodramas That Are Worth The Tears

Stock up tissue boxes as these weep-fest Korean melodramas will surely numb your heart for a while.

In early 2000, Korean melodramas pushed the emergence of Hallyu to a more dominant position and recognition. “Season dramas” such as Autumn Tale and Winter Sonata became household dramas for families, who were able to relate on the unfortunate fate and satisfying triumphs of the lead characters.

Although these days melodramas are not as agonizingly conceived in a series-of-unfortunate-event setup, it keeps the staple ingredient of the painstaking narrative for the main leads before hitting happy endings. Improvement on tugging the viewers’ hearts with less tears is also a significant change compared to how we remember Choi Ji Woo or Song Hye Gyo crying almost every episode in their earlier projects.

Sometimes the amount of tears you shed for Korean melodrama does not make it unforgettable. You cry at the actual moment while watching it, but it does not leave a lingering effect. But there are stunningly captured Korean melodramas that remain carved in the viewers’ hearts, because of how beautifully and emotionally it was imagined. Each frame lets you feel the rush of the tears, and the nuance of hope for the character to be emancipated from his agonizing situation. Such power and dedication are needed to perfectly picture melodramas.

Let’s look back on some of the most recent Korean melodramas, which left us feeling sweetly depressed due to the amount of emotions we invested. Stories which gave us a prolonged inability to move on past the aftermath. Characters who provided us harrowing answers to life questions that we are too proud to ask.

4. Scent of a Woman

b4c0e3a2fb3bd4225de84af396cb09ae.jpg?w=7

Scent of a Woman lets you feel the tears and the optimism of a dying woman, who has deprived herself of the many comforts of life, only to wake up one day, stumbling on an unfortunate news that she is bound to die. She goes through the stages of grief when the realization hits her. When she finally accepts that it won’t do her any good, she decides to fulfill her bucket list, and uses her abundant savings to splurge on the luxuries she has previously chosen to evade.

One of her bucket list wishes is to fall in love. But just when that wish is set to come true, she faces the dilemma that she is not ready to give up her life because of the man she loves.

source : HelloKPop

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2018 at 2:57 PM, WookD said:

The 8th Handsome celebrity in whole Asia by professionals judgements 2017

in 2016 he was the ninth

I was soo happy to see wookie ranking so high along with my favourite actress once again, they deserve it, big congratulation!

• Like 2

Our dear Ambassador is inviting US for his fan meeting "Christmas in March".

Hope you already register or booked your flight for this event foreign fans.
Here is the translation of what our dearest Ambassador posted.
"D-1" Everyone, 'Go to Pyeongchang 2018 with Dong-wook.
✔ Application Period: February 5 - February 15
✔ Fan meeting place: Gangneung Art Center Same Hall.
✔ Fan meeting date: March 13, 2018 / 15:00 - 21:00 .
✔ Program: Fan Meeting (15:00), Ice Hockey Paralympic Games .
For more information, check out the 'March Christmas Festival' homepage (http://www.christmasinmarch.com/)

• Like 1

Looks like our oppa doesn't have rest this Sunday. Instead he's doing another pictorial most likely for magazine since he's photographed by @photokyj80 who's always shooting when it comes to magazines. Really curious about the theme of pictorial, which magazine and what he's doing in that photo tent. I guess it will be issued in March, which means we should find out the magazine in one week or two. 

Edited by lingkoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WookD said:

@mary-ann yes both look amazing 

Sunny will always be YIN 

But I love to see leedongwook coupled with SJH in Rom.comedy drama

Omg I looove this fanmade video of Lee Dong Wook and Song Ji Hyo, both look sooo smooking hot, i have a feeling that if they ever were to be a couple in a new romantic drama, it would be a very intense and passionate romance on screen with their chemistry!

• Like 1

The NEW face of Italian inspired Mens Clothing Brand.

To summarize all news releases today: With their new exclusive 2018 model 

and muse Lee Dong Wook Bruno Baffi plans to propose a more youthful 

and stylish style of men's fashion, while maintaining a classic

and gentle masculine image, which is a change in five years after launching in 2013. 

He will introduce us both formal and business casual lines of Italian sense men's wear.

686b6df1gy1fo5f2j5yh2j20nn08rq4b.jpg

686b6df1gy1fo5ayjf3oyj20go0ahab1.jpg

686b6df1gy1fo5ayoypahj20go0b43zb.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lingkoo said:

Another endorsement shoot?!

Hi lingkoo, thanks for sharing the pictures. Ohhh..............I hope you're right that this is another CF from him. I hope we could get to know what this is. LDW looks COOL here. I can't wait to know MORE about this picture. In case this is a CF shoot, so awesome I can see him again in another ad. :lol:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, lingkoo said:

Yes !  Lee Dong Wook is the new face of Bruno Baffi.
The winners are announced on facebook. CONGRATULATIONS guys, you guess it right.

Hi lingkoo, thanks for sharing this.  LDW brings his trademark suave sophistication as the face of this brand. This Italian inspired menswear brand whose name means "brown moustache" is actually based in Seoul and their fashion concept combines fine tailoring and timeless tradition  This is how you dress a timeless actor! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1