Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Morning chingus!

So Wookie's "4 My Dear" Asia Fanmeeting Tour has officially come to an end :tears: I still remember when we were all excitedly discussing his tour when the news was first out in March. Over the past few months, some of us have been fortunate enough to see Wookie in our countries. I still have some gripes when it comes to Goblin because I feel he didn't receive the full extent of recognition from his outstanding performance in this drama, but all in all, I'm grateful the drama has brought him so much love and popularity. And because of the drama's success, he got to go on his first ever fanmeeting tour and meet his fans.

And because of this tour, some of us not only got to see him but also got to meet up/reunite in real-life. Thank you @Princi_86, @joyezz@noname111 and @Ida_Dosh for being a part of my adventures in seeing oppa these past four months. And to @giegie, @MaysoonD, @longleg, @missbuttercup, @kler2009, @Mojojojo123, @Puppywookie@deurinlee, @onrainydays47, @charlotte0303, @biglove27, @world_peace, @marie1986 and many others here (sorry if I missed you out - this thread is filled with so many wonderful people that it's difficult to list down everyone's usernames :)), thank you for the awesome conversations - I hope we get to meet up for real someday ^^ It's been an utterly surreal, exciting and at times emotional experience (haha), but I'll treasure these memories for a long, long time. I hope even more of us will get to meet up and bond over our lovely oppa in the near future. Till then, let's continue to love and support Wookie here :D

And now comes the painful part... waiting (seemingly indefinitely) for his next project :( I thought I'd share with you girls what I've gathered based on the various reports and interviews Wookie has done with the Taiwanese press.

This is a translation of a part of the interview he did with Yahoo TW:

Because of LDW's success in Goblin, fans are paying keen attention to his next project. However, he revealed that presently he really does not have a plan for his next step, and thus he's unable to explain through what drama he'll meet with everyone again. He says, "Even I am curious myself. It's as blank as a piece of white paper right now; I have not come to a decision."

And here's another interview excerpt from Hush! News (direct translation):

He hasn't decided on his next project and he's anxious. He hopes that he can finalise it before the end of the year. He wants to take on a real-world role (as opposed to fantasy like in Goblin) and thinks it'd be great if he could play a villain, something which he has never tried before.

I suppose all along we'd thought he was just being tight-lipped about his next drama, perhaps because he's not allowed to revealed details as the drama is being finalised. Even up till the recent Japan fanmeeting, as @noname111 has shared, he said he'll be back with a new project this year. But there's a sense of uncertainty in his answers in these Taiwanese press interviews. I'm honestly concerned that he's even likened the status of his next project to a blank piece of white paper. That could mean he really hasn't finalised or is anywhere close to coming to a decision with his next project :( Yes, I know he should take the time to choose wisely and not rush into making a comeback, but I and I'm sure many of you here are eagerly anticipating his return to our screens. If he's really going to take longer than a year to make a comeback, I hope his new fans will continue to follow his news and support him till and when his next project is finally out...

• Like 11

hello girls!! :D

havent posted anything for awhile but im trying to catch up with all the news. so happy to see his recent photos. Oppa looks so handsome as always <3 im so excited to hear @noname111 report about the fan meeting in taiwan :D hahaha im so glad you came!!

thank you for sharing a lot of updated news about Wookie here. im so happy that i could be a part of this forum. it makes me sooooo happy to find people who got the same insights and likes. as @winterdew has said, i truly wish that i could meet up with all of you in real life as well. hopefully we could have like a fun journey somewhere and do things related to Oppa (so excited to even imagine that), as i dont have someone in the real life who loves Oppa as much as i love him, i feel like you guys are like a family to me (haha)

cant wait to hear some news about his next project as well. miss seeing him on screen and tbh if hes on some projects, that also means, we can always have some updates about him. i always want to know how hes doing so yeah im hoping there will be some decisions made :(

• Like 6

@winterdew Wookie brought us together:) , lets grow old all together :D:D fangirling over Wookie until we are 70 years old

@Mojojojo123 though i understood nothing but i  like the MC . how far she went off script ? what did she say ?

would you share the video of the girl you mentioned ?

my wish has granted and i feel Taiwan Fanmeeting was remarkable  we even got the chance to see Wookie's real tears , Wookie loves us as much we love him , he teared up coz he is gonna miss his fans and he was missing us for years , hopefully more fan meeting to come and no more slumps period . AMEEN

I love the fact that he had High five with all categories , can you imagine he did that with almost 15.000 fans 

• Like 8

i manged to reach uri @noname111 and she will come back with her awesome recaps she is used to treasure us with but her Yahoo account is blocked for week , lets be patient .

she told me that the fanmeeting was awesome as always , Wookie was having a bad sore throat yet he was singing out of his heart just for his fans 

i want to know what was she here 

• Like 8

Lee Dong Wook reprimands rude fan on stage during his fanmeet

lee-dong-wook

Lee Dong Wook reprimanded a rude fan.

He was in Taipei for his Taiwanese fanmeeting. During the stage, he brought up a fan onto the stage through lottery. When she went to meet him, she said, "Do you remember me?", and when he couldn't, she got angry and demanded, "You said last time to meet again.

However, Lee Dong Wook did not back up and said, "You've already been on stage and you've seen me often, so do you want to go down?" The fan only laughed in surprise, and Lee Dong Wook said, "I'm sorry I don't remember you." When she apologized, he said, "It's okay. I'm sorry that I don't remember you, but I think it'd be good if you don't get angry on stage. Other fans are watching."

Hopefully she remembers his advice next time.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/07/lee-dong-wook-reprimands-rude-fan-on-stage-during-his-fanmeet

No one should mess with the KING

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MaysoonD said:

Lee Dong Wook reprimands rude fan on stage during his fanmeet

Lee Dong Wook reprimanded a rude fan.

He was in Taipei for his Taiwanese fanmeeting. During the stage, he brought up a fan onto the stage through lottery. When she went to meet him, she said, "Do you remember me?", and when he couldn't, she got angry and demanded, "You said last time to meet again.

However, Lee Dong Wook did not back up and said, "You've already been on stage and you've seen me often, so do you want to go down?" The fan only laughed in surprise, and Lee Dong Wook said, "I'm sorry I don't remember you." When she apologized, he said, "It's okay. I'm sorry that I don't remember you, but I think it'd be good if you don't get angry on stage. Other fans are watching."

Hopefully she remembers his advice next time.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/07/lee-dong-wook-reprimands-rude-fan-on-stage-during-his-fanmeet

No one should mess with the KING

Hi MaysoonD, thanks for sharing this. Honestly, there are really fans who are like that - So many kinds of fans, actually............... I like how LDW handled that rude Chinese fan...:tongue:

• Like 6

On 7/24/2017 at 10:52 AM, winterdew said:

Morning chingus!

So Wookie's "4 My Dear" Asia Fanmeeting Tour has officially come to an end :tears: I still remember when we were all excitedly discussing his tour when the news was first out in March. Over the past few months, some of us have been fortunate enough to see Wookie in our countries. I still have some gripes when it comes to Goblin because I feel he didn't receive the full extent of recognition from his outstanding performance in this drama, but all in all, I'm grateful the drama has brought him so much love and popularity. And because of the drama's success, he got to go on his first ever fanmeeting tour and meet his fans.

And because of this tour, some of us not only got to see him but also got to meet up/reunite in real-life. Thank you @Princi_86, @joyezz@noname111 and @Ida_Dosh for being a part of my adventures in seeing oppa these past four months. And to @giegie, @MaysoonD, @longleg, @missbuttercup, @kler2009, @Mojojojo123, @Puppywookie@deurinlee, @onrainydays47, @charlotte0303, @biglove27, @world_peace, @marie1986 and many others here (sorry if I missed you out - this thread is filled with so many wonderful people that it's difficult to list down everyone's usernames :)), thank you for the awesome conversations - I hope we get to meet up for real someday ^^ It's been an utterly surreal, exciting and at times emotional experience (haha), but I'll treasure these memories for a long, long time. I hope even more of us will get to meet up and bond over our lovely oppa in the near future. Till then, let's continue to love and support Wookie here :D

And now comes the painful part... waiting (seemingly indefinitely) for his next project :( I thought I'd share with you girls what I've gathered based on the various reports and interviews Wookie has done with the Taiwanese press.

This is a translation of a part of the interview he did with Yahoo TW:

Because of LDW's success in Goblin, fans are paying keen attention to his next project. However, he revealed that presently he really does not have a plan for his next step, and thus he's unable to explain through what drama he'll meet with everyone again. He says, "Even I am curious myself. It's as blank as a piece of white paper right now; I have not come to a decision."

And here's another interview excerpt from Hush! News (direct translation):

He hasn't decided on his next project and he's anxious. He hopes that he can finalise it before the end of the year. He wants to take on a real-world role (as opposed to fantasy like in Goblin) and thinks it'd be great if he could play a villain, something which he has never tried before.

I suppose all along we'd thought he was just being tight-lipped about his next drama, perhaps because he's not allowed to revealed details as the drama is being finalised. Even up till the recent Japan fanmeeting, as @noname111 has shared, he said he'll be back with a new project this year. But there's a sense of uncertainty in his answers in these Taiwanese press interviews. I'm honestly concerned that he's even likened the status of his next project to a blank piece of white paper. That could mean he really hasn't finalised or is anywhere close to coming to a decision with his next project :( Yes, I know he should take the time to choose wisely and not rush into making a comeback, but I and I'm sure many of you here are eagerly anticipating his return to our screens. If he's really going to take longer than a year to make a comeback, I hope his new fans will continue to follow his news and support him till and when his next project is finally out...

hopefully he still getting a lot of offers and find a great project that he really want to do and also I hope he will be lucky this time :)

• Like 7

Whoaaa! Wookie Asia FM tour finally came to end after 4 months. Some of us lucky enough to finally meet him in real life which will be one of sweetest fangirling moments, LOL. I'm glad that Taiwan fans were very generous with all the vids and pics so at least we could also see teary Wookie at the end of Taiwan FM. He didn't look so cheerful at first (maybe too tired?) but luckily the fans there could cheered him up. Regarding @Mojojojo123 post about the girl who mad at him, I'm glad Wookie handled her in his style, a type B person who speak out his mind, Yesss Oppa! Allkpop posted it too but the post didn't said anything about Wookie rejected the selfie ect, I hope we'll have a clear info from @noname111 which will prepare us a very passionate FM recap!  Couldn't wait! LOL

@Princi_86 And now... Temperature of Love already had Yang Sejong as male lead? Idk, so could we cross this drama from Wookie's next project? LOL. But personally, I didn't have problem if he's being paired up with Kim Jae Wook. Yeah Princi, eventho both of them will be rival, but imagine SHJ, KJW and Wookie will be together on a screen already made me so exited! It's so much better if Wookie will be the last smart guy at the bunch of smartest people rather than being smart one at the dumb group, LOL. just like what he already did at Goblin with GY, I believe KJW or SHJ could be the good partner for him.

@winterdew  Thanks for translating Wookie's Taiwan interviews! I remember @MaysoonD's post about this thing. At first, I think he already picked his next project but along the way, something happened which made him need to back off. At the end, I hope he'll make the right choice just like you said, winterdew. But imho, during his 'free time' to choose the right project, he should be involve at VS! Beside his V-live, I'll love to see Wookie interacts with others at some regular VS.

@missbuttercup We could throwback by watching Wookie at his previous works. I plan to watch some of his movies since it's easier and won't take a long time.

• Like 5

i always wonder how you get fun in Wookie's fan meeting regardless the language barrier but i kept smiling for 16 mins without understanding anything , i even repeated the video .:heart::heart:

Thank you Taiwanese fans , you were incredible :heart: 

I will be grateful to anyone who could give me a hint of what Wookie's has said 

• Like 5

http://my.castko.com/archives/16636

Lee Dong Wook Reveals His Thoughts On Having Children

Actor Lee Dong Wook revealed his plans to have children.

Lee Dong Wook visited Taipei, Taiwan on May 22 to attend an event and greeted the Taiwan fans with local media and press conferences. “I wish I could see the faces of my fans,” said Lee Dong Wook.

lee-dong-wook-e1500787427514.png Image Source: Arena Magazine

Then when he was filming ‘Superman is Back’ he also shared his story, and when asked about the plan of having a child, he replied, “The more, the merrier. I want to have at least 3 children, but this is just my own idea. How my future wife would think of, we should have a talk first”.

Lee Dong Wook, who showed a slim and solid figure in the drama, was asked about his secret to maintaining his body shape, he jokingly replied, “Wear clothes that do not really show it.” Then he explained, “The most important thing is to control your meal. I really like to eat, but I exercise because my body gains weight quite fast. You can try eating a little before working hard”.

Lee Dong Wook, who plays as the Grim Reaper in the drama tvN ‘Goblin’ and received love and support from across Asia, is currently reviewing his next work.

Source: (1)

• Like 6