[Drama 2024]She Is Different Day and Night, 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

20240804014247_Miss-Night-and-Day.jpg?s=

"Miss Night And Day" Heads Into Finale On Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” enjoyed a rise in viewership ahead of its series finale!

On August 3, the popular drama earned its highest ratings to date for a Saturday (when its ratings have typically been lower compared to Sundays). According to Nielsen Korea, “Miss Night and Day” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.7 percent for its penultimate episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678733wpp/miss-night-and-day-heads-into-finale-on-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jeong Eun Ji, Choi Jin Hyuk, And Lee Jung Eun Say Goodbye Ahead Of

Jeong Eun Ji, Choi Jin Hyuk, And Lee Jung Eun Say Goodbye Ahead Of "Miss Night And Day" Finale

The stars of JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” have shared their thoughts ahead of tonight’s series finale!

“Miss Night and Day” is a romantic comedy starring Apink’s Jeong Eun Ji as Lee Mi Jin, a job seeker in her twenties who suddenly starts aging into her fifties whenever the sun rises. Choi Jin Hyuk stars as Gye Ji Woong, a prosecutor who winds up becoming entangled with both Lee Mi Jin and her older-looking alter ego Im Soon (played by Lee Jung Eun).

With just one episode left to go, the three leads took a nostalgic look back on their experience filming the drama.

Lee Jung Eun remarked, “For each and every scene, I pondered the question of what kind of joy I could bring viewers while working together with the staff on set. It was truly rewarding to be able to bring joy to the viewers who watched [our drama].”

Lee-Jung-Eun.jpg

Meanwhile, Jeong Eun Ji revealed that she had initially been unable to understand her character, but that she had begun to appreciate Mi Jin’s point of view while filming the drama.

“At first, it seemed like Mi Jin and I were living our lives at very different speeds, so I had a lot of questions as I wondered, ‘Why is Mi Jin always hesitating and so scared of everything?’” she recalled. “But from a certain point onwards, I started to think that Mi Jin’s pace had its own value and was worthy of respect.”

“I’m rooting for everyone who is moving at the same speed as Mi Jin,” added Jeong Eun Ji.

Jeong-Eun-Ji.jpg

Finally, Choi Jin Hyuk expressed his deep affection for the cast and crew of “Miss Night and Day.”

“Out of my entire acting career, this was the filming set with the best atmosphere and vibe,” he said, “and I was happy to have been able to work together with the director and the rest of the staff.”

Choi-Jin-Hyuk.jpg

The final episode of “Miss Night and Day” will air on August 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678772wpp/jeong-eun-ji-choi-jin-hyuk-and-lee-jung-eun-say-goodbye-ahead-of-miss-night-and-day-finale

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 4, 2024
4 2

JTBC's Miss Night and Day scored 8.70% (nationwide) for its penultimate episode, up from 7.94% (episode 13) and 8.28% (episode 14). The K-drama, however, dropped to seventh place (July 22-28) on Netflix's Global Top 10 list (non-English) from sixth (July 15-21). Miss Night and Day continues to trend predominantly in Asia and Latin America. 

RBQ1Rz_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Miss Night and Day?

Episode 16 of Miss Night and Day will air on August 4 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/miss-night-and-day-heads-into-finale-with-improved-ratings

• Like 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (August 3, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

mary

Miss Night and Day: This show never dragged for me so I can’t complain about filler episodes. It’s just strange that the hero doesn’t know about her secret at this point. But then, it surprised me with the villain reveal and with its choice for the second couple pairing. (@Daebakgrits and I totally thought the bestie would be paired up with the idol.) Maybe this show will surprise me once more and not lift “the curse.” Then we’ll get to see Choi Jin-hyuk accepting and romancing both Miss Night and Miss Day. Heh. (We’ll know this weekend when the last two episodes arrive!)

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-august-3-2024/

• Like 1

"Good Partner" And Um Tae Goo Continue Reign Over Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

Aug 04, 2024
by E Cha

JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” claimed No. 4 on the drama list, while leads Apink’s Jeong Eun Ji and Lee Jung Eun ranked No. 7 and No. 8 respectively on the actor list.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. SBS “Good Partner”
  2. tvN “Serendipity’s Embrace”
  3. JTBC “My Sweet Mobster”
  4. JTBC “Miss Night and Day”
  5. tvN “The Auditors”
  6. tvN “Love Next Door”
  7. KBS1 “Su Ji and U Ri
  8. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  9. KBS2 “Snow White’s Revenge
  10. MBC “The Brave Yong Su Jeong

While the drama list only includes series airing on broadcast television, the newly integrated actor list also includes cast members from OTT shows—and “Red Swan” star Kim Ha Neul made this week’s list at No. 9.

1. Um Tae Goo (“My Sweet Mobster”)
  2. Chae Jong Hyeop (“Serendipity’s Embrace”)
  3. Kim So Hyun (“Serendipity’s Embrace”)
  4. Han Sun Hwa (“My Sweet Mobster”)
  5. Shin Ha Kyun (“The Auditors”)
  6. Jang Nara (“Good Partner”)
  7. Jeong Eun Ji (“Miss Night and Day”)
  8. Lee Jung Eun (“Miss Night and Day”)
  9. Kim Ha Neul (“Red Swan”)
  10. Nam Ji Hyun (“Good Partner”)
  • Like 1

dran

finale ratings - Nationwide: 11.7% - Metropolitan: 12.1%

Congratulations to MNAD team, the only jtbc drama with double digit ratings this year (so far)

https://x.com/daheeverse/status/1820237284865884402

:wow1:

"Miss Night And Day" Finale Breaks Into Double Digits For Highest Ratings Of Entire Run

20240804234328_Miss-Night-and-Day-1.jpg?

JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” ended with a bang!

On August 4, viewership ratings for the hit drama broke into the double digits for the first time with its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Miss Night and Day” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.7 percent, marking the highest ratings of the show’s entire run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678899wpp/miss-night-and-day-finale-breaks-into-double-digits-for-highest-ratings-of-entire-run

[Making] Under the fragrant cherry blossom tree, Mijin X Jiwoong X Soon

Behind the scenes of EPs 15-16

[Making] This combination, this chemistry, this tiki-taka, I can never lose it..

Last filming interview

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 *Last Episode*! :).

20240804234328_Miss-Night-and-Day-1.jpg?

"Miss Night And Day" Finale Breaks Into Double Digits For Highest Ratings Of Entire Run

JTBC’s “Miss Night and Day” ended with a bang!

On August 4, viewership ratings for the hit drama broke into the double digits for the first time with its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Miss Night and Day” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.7 percent, marking the highest ratings of the show’s entire run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678899wpp/miss-night-and-day-finale-breaks-into-double-digits-for-highest-ratings-of-entire-run

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024]She Is Different Day and Night, 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (August 10, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

DaebakGrits

Miss Night and Day: I didn’t mind that there was a serial killer on top of a magical element on top of a romance, but the lackluster execution of all three ingredients is where this drama lost me and caused my enthusiasm to slowly dwindle each week. The identity of the killer was implausible and with poorly conceived psychological motives, the dual day/night identities was better used as a plot device when it was helping Mi-jin infiltrate night clubs, and the second male lead had better chemistry with Mi-jin. Disappointed this wasn’t the banger I was expecting, but that’s far too often the case in dramaland.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-august-10-2024/

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 9, 2024
8 2

Choi Jin Hyuk sat for a drama interview for the first time in ten years for Miss Night and Day.

In the K-drama, Choi Jin Hyuk played the role of Gye Ji Woong, a prosecutor who appears cold on the outside but harbors a painful past. Talking about the drama, he said, "I didn't expect it to fail, but it received even more love than I anticipated. The chemistry and rapport among the actors were so good that it seems to have drawn in the viewers."

Read on to know more about what Choi Jin Hyuk expressed:

This is your first interview after the end of a drama in 10 years since The Heirs.

was planning to do one after Tunnel but couldn't because it overlapped with my overseas schedule. Since Devilish Joy, I haven't taken a single day off and have been working on projects continuously. With three projects a year, it wasn't easy to conduct interviews. It feels very new to be doing an interview after 10 years. I'm really glad that I did this drama. It's a valuable and good work. If there are good projects in the future, I plan to keep working without a break. I'm always grateful that my fans support me no matter what I do, and I feel that I need to repay their trust and support.

Miss Night and Day was broadcast worldwide through Netflix. Do you feel the global popularity increasing?

My Instagram followers increased by about 60,000 to 70,000 after the broadcast. Originally, the comments on my posts were mostly in Korean, English, or Japanese, but recently there are many in Arabic. Seeing this, I realize that there are more international fans now. I anticipated that this drama, being bright and of the fantasy genre, would be popular overseas.

Do you have any memorable reactions [from viewers]?

The best response was that people found it fun. I liked hearing that characters like Mi Jin and Im Sun seemed one and the same, and personally, I enjoyed hearing that ‘The Gye Ji Woong trio is so funny.’ We also felt a lot of that on set. The staff also said that it was best when the three of us were together. I hoped the viewers would have the same feeling, and it seems they did.

Some have said that Gye Ji Woong had less screen time compared to Im Sun and Mi Jin. Your thoughts.

In a way, Gye Ji Woong is a supporting character to Mi Jin and Im Sun. ... Since Mi Jin and Im Sun's story was the main focus, if I had acted [in a way that made me] stand out, it might have disrupted the viewers’ immersion. Gye Ji Woong is cynical. He needed to strike a balance, neither too heavy nor too light. I thought maintaining the tone was my role in the drama. I am firmly against acting to stand out. I prepared by thoroughly reading the script from start to finish.

What aspects of Gye Ji Woong did you focus on while acting?

When portraying Gye Ji Woong, I didn't want to act as if I was doing something great just because he's a prosecutor. I tried to be simple. In fact, pretending to be cool doesn't make you cool but when you're naturally cool without pretending to be. So I approached the character naturally.

pd3KPQ_2f.png

Your synergy with Yoon Byung Hee in the drama was also an element of fun.

When I act with Byung Hee, there are times when we can't act because we both laugh so much. There is a scene where I shout and he falls, but during the actual shoot, I shouted differently than in the rehearsal, and he was so startled. I couldn't hold back my laughter, so if you look closely at the full shot, you can see me smiling slightly. We had such good chemistry that there were many times when we gave absurd ad-libs and we both burst out laughing.

Your co-stars Jung Eun Ji and Lee Jung Eun played the same role. Your thoughts.

At first, it was interesting but also challenging. But as I met them during the day and night, and saw how well they handled their parts, they began to look like one and the same. ... Sometimes, they made similar gestures, which made me think they truly did a great job working hard.

How did you spend your time after KBS 2TV's Zombie Detective?

After Zombie DetectiveI thought I needed time to think about acting. It was a period when I revisited my thoughts on acting and my original intentions. I also began to think about the people who were important to me and how I should treat them well. I gave a lot of thought to my attitude towards participating in projects and how I interact with people. Then I started acting again with MBC's Numbers, and then Miss Night and DayMiss Night and Day is a blessing for me.

You have often played legal professionals, both in Miss Night and Day and other projects. Why do you think that is? Are you not interested in trying new types of characters?

After doing Pride and Prejudice, where I fitted well into the role, I ended up taking on many prosecutor or lawyer roles. I've often been told I seem cold and intimidating if I don't speak. That might have had some influence. But, I don't choose projects based solely on the profession of the character. If the opportunity arises, I would definitely like to play a proper villain role or explore the noir genre.

Was there a reason you showed your personal life on My Little Old Boy?

I had received the offer three years before I made the appearance. At first, I wondered why they wanted me. I am not a very fun person. But because I kept taking on serious roles, I wanted to show that I am not like that [in real life]. I wanted to show that I am not a serious person, but rather someone with wit and flaws, and that I am a person with many weaknesses. Since my acting is related to the roles I play, I thought it might help in shedding my serious image [in real life].

Should we take what we saw on the show as real?

My mother and I don't like lying, so you can consider what was shown on the show to be real. My mother had noticed that I had been deceived, and she didn't know about the girlfriend part. On the show, she did say things like, 'My son must have been going through a hard time.' I believe she was sincere. Sometimes, she gets frustrated with me and says things, but I think it's all out of affection.

What are your thoughts on approaching forty years of age?

My friends are actually in their 40s. But I was born earlier [than them], so I'm not forty yet, but I already think of myself as forty. When we were young, the number 40 seemed like an age when you could be considered an old man, but now it's just where I am. I don't have a strong feeling about the number itself. However, I think that I should act maturely because of my age and not be ashamed.

pd3KpB_2f.png

more

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-m-not-a-serious-person-choi-jin-hyuk-comments-he-is-different-from-his-on-screen-characters

• Like 1

3 0

Singer and actress Jung Eun Ji who played the role of Lee Mi Jin, a late-20s job seeker who has failed the civil service exam for eight years, shared her thoughts on Miss Night and Day, behind-the-scene stories, her future aspirations and more. 

In this drama, Jung Eun Ji and veteran actress Lee Jung Eun portrayed the same character, and it is no exaggeration to say that the two naturally blended into one role. 

Talking about how she's feeling now the drama has concluded, she said, "We filmed for about a year, and it feels like the aftereffects are still lingering in my heart," and added, "I think we benefited a bit from the Olympic season. I think people watched our drama with the momentum gained from archery's good results right before the final episode aired."

She also talked about the central message of Miss Night and Day"While portraying Mi Jin, I realized that everyone has their own pace, and they deserve to be respected whether they are slow or fast. I remember narrating with Jung Eun: 'Youth itself is so precious, but when you're in it, you don't realize that.' It's a phrase that often appears on Instagram, but when you have youth, I hope you love and embrace it."

RBb2yR_2f.png

When asked about the status of the dance challenge she had promised, she said, "At the press conference, I said that if the drama surpassed 10%, we would all dance to Mr. Chu together. I'm curious if people are really interested in seeing the three of us dancing to Mr. Chu. We'll have to think about which song to choose," she said with a laugh.

Here is an excerpt of the Q&A the actress had with local reporters: 

The final episode recorded 12.1% viewership in the Seoul metropolitan area and 11.7% nationwide. Your thoughts on it?

The ratings kept hovering around 10%, which made me think it might not surpass it. Honestly, I didn't think much about it. (Laughs) I was surprised that it not only surpassed 10% but even exceeded 11%. I didn't think we would do a dance challenge. I think we should do something other than Mr. Chu, so I think we will prepare for that and upload it. Since I've been dancing throughout most of my twenties, I don't think I'll need to practice separately. Choi Jin Hyuk said that he thinks people like it more when he can't dance well, so he probably won't practice too hard either (laughs).

What efforts did you make to perform as one with Lee Jung Eun sunbae?

I monitored her acting scenes. It could be uncomfortable to [let someone else] watch the monitor while [you] act, but she let me do it without any hesitation. Each time, I watched to understand the emotions from the previous scene and continue with them, since I had to carry them over into my scenes. For emotional scenes, there were many times when I would watch her scene while she delivered her lines, and then transition. I would observe the direction her arms or face were positioned and then act in the same way. It was nerve-wracking, but the feeling during the transition process felt really unique.

Did you ever feel like you had truly become one with her?

When I looked at her as Mi Jin — and although she naturally looks youthful and cute — she appeared even younger. I thought, 'Why does she suddenly look like she's in her twenties? Ah, because she's embodying that youthful vibe!' Especially when she was with Go Won, the way she interacted with him as Mi Jin made me think, 'Oh! She really feels like Mi Jin.' Watching it on TV was even more fun. On set, since our scenes were separate, I didn't feel as much like we were one, but watching the broadcast, I truly felt like we had become one.

qY3VNz_2f.png

How was it working with Choi Jin Hyuk?

He really felt like hyung-nim [a respectful way to address someone elder], literally. So, I often called him hyung-nim. ... Honestly, when I first saw him, I thought he might be a bit cold and distant, but as soon as he smiled with a 'hehe,' I thought, 'Oh, That's unexpected.' After that, we got along well. He's someone who laughs a lot on set.

In real life, if you had to choose between a competent prosecutor and a younger idol, who would you choose?

Both the prosecutor and the idol seem intimidating (laughs). I think I'd prefer Gye Ji Woong. He seems reliable and someone I could depend on. Go Won gives off a vibe where I feel like I need to protect him more [rather than him protecting me].

You've never actually been a job seeker in real life. But did you relate to your character?

I ask a lot of questions and enjoy listening to stories, so I talked to many people around me. The people I worked with were either newbies or team leaders, and I've watched them prepare for new opportunities after leaving their jobs. Listening to their experiences, the emotions of being a job seeker didn't feel too distant to me. Even on set, I've heard stories about people like Mi Jin, who are highly skilled but just haven't had the luck to secure a job, despite making it to the final stages. Those stories helped me indirectly experience and understand the situation better.

Was there a moment when you felt the drama would be a hit?

I've never filmed anything while thinking it would be a big hit. I don't have that level of confidence. Just that it was funny and enjoyable. But I did think that people might enjoy Jung Eun's comedic acting when it aired. I remember laughing so hard on set that I almost passed out while watching her act. She was so three-dimensional in her performance that I thought, 'How does she do that so well? Is that what you call experience?' I learned a lot. During filming, I couldn't even call her unnie (older sister). I addressed her as sunbae [senior], but towards the end, she told me to call her comfortably, so I've been calling her unnie since then.

What did you learn from her?

A few days ago, I asked her about how to approach building a character. I had some questions about parts of the process that feel daunting to me, and she said those are things she also continues to work on. Hearing that made me feel like it was okay for me to keep struggling with it. She has a way of reassuring people, like how athletes who win gold medals often say they succeeded because people kept telling them they could do it. She's really good at that. And she’s amazing at getting along with everyone. Unlike her, I'm still at the stage where I'm mostly focused on handling my own stuff, but she takes such good care of everyone around her that I can't help but keep praising her.

more https://mydramalist.com/article/i-learned-a-lot-miss-night-and-day-jung-eun-ji-on-her-experience-acting-with-lee-jung-eun

• Like 1

10 2

Actress Lee Jung Eun has once again proven she remains unparalleled through her versatile performance in Miss Night and Day.

In the K-drama, Lee Jung Eun portrayed Im Sun, the older persona of Lee Mi Jin, a young woman in her late 20s. Lee's portrayal of Im Sun as an office aid, capable of handling anything effortlessly, evoked laughter and also gave us some touching moments. 

pd3K1E_2f.png

Here is Lee Jung Eun's Q&A:

The drama was well-received by viewers and has now concluded. How do you feel?

Each scene was a collaborative effort with the staff to provide joy, and it was truly rewarding to bring that joy to the viewers.

Is there a scene or line that you remember the most?

All the scenes are memorable, but I will never forget the brilliant performances of my wonderful co-stars, who showcased their incredible acting in this drama.

How was it working with the other actors?

Watching the performance of my co-actors was truly enjoyable and energizing, and the chemistry was excellent. It was such a precious experience that I felt it was a stroke of luck as an actor.

Was there a message you wanted to convey to the viewers through the drama?

Through the growth of a woman in her twenties who suddenly aged, I hope you have found the small joys of the present. Additionally, I wish that you have been able to fully experience the value of family and love.

Why do you think the show received so much love from viewers?

It required a lot of energy on set to create a drama [filled] with humor. I cautiously assume that this aspect reached viewers. Thank you for all the love.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-jung-eun-thanks-viewers-for-love-shown-towards-miss-night-and-day

• Like 1