[Drama 2024] Doctor Slump, 닥터슬럼프

larus

Jungwoo: When I think about it, we were always together during those difficult times. We always ran together, we were in pain together, and we were together when we needed comfort. Your handwriting from long ago, pressed down hard, seemed to be telling me to be strong, and I kept crying.

HYUNGSIK IG STORY!

‘Thank you! I’ll eat well and work hard to film well 😁👍🏼

https://instagram.com/stories/phs1116/3460406700388305662?igsh=Y2QyOWhndGd5NzVv

JTBC

From 'Queen of Tears' to 'Dr. Slump', Netflix Swept the First Half of the Year

Posted 2024.09.20. 8:13 AM
Original article
Empathy37

Many Korean dramas were loved by Netflix global viewers in the first half of this year.

Netflix announced on the 20th that it published an engagement report containing content loved by members around the world in the first half of this year.

The Netflix engagement report, published twice a year since December of last year, is an indicator of the viewing status of members for 6 months. It discloses the viewing time and number of views for all produced and licensed works that were watched for at least 50,000 hours every half year. In the first half of this year, Netflix received love for diverse content for approximately 94 billion hours of viewing.

Four of the 10 most popular English-language series this year were British content, with 'Secret Secret', 'Baby Reindeer', 'Gentlemen: The Series', and 'One Day' recording high viewership. As proof of Netflix's philosophy that great stories can be born anywhere and loved anywhere, non-English content from various countries such as Spain, France, Italy, and Japan accounted for one-third of the total viewing.

0000410985_002_20240920081311721.jpg?typ

'Doctor Slump' Park Hyung-sik and Park Shin-hye

In particular, three Korean contents, including 'Queen of Tears' (29 million viewers), 'Parasyte: The Gray' (25 million viewers), and 'My Demon' (18 million viewers), were listed in the top 10 non-English contents, showing Korean contents' global status once again in this half of the year. 'Doctor Slump' (14 million viewers) was also included as a representative non-English romance series that received much love.

Netflix stated, "According to the report, the percentage of Korean contents in which Netflix owns IP is less than 15%, the same as the first half of last year. This shows that Netflix is expanding the global base for Korean contents by supporting various localization processes and cooperating with the industry while maintaining flexibility in contract forms with domestic partners."

n.news.naver.com/article/015/0005034968?sid=105

"Queen of Tears", "Parasitic Count: The Grey", and "My Demon" are popular Korean dramas on Netflix in the first half of the year... "Doctor Slump" is popular in the romance genre

2024/09/20 12:20

Several Korean dramas were loved by Netflix global viewers in the first half of this year.

"Doctor Slump" is popular in the romance genre

Netflix announced on the 20th that it has published a viewing status report (engagement report) that includes the content that members around the world loved in the first half of this year. The Netflix

viewing status report, which has been published twice a year since December last year, is an indicator of the current viewing status of members for the past six months. It publishes the viewing time and number of views for all productions and licensed works that have been viewed for at least 50,000 hours per half year. In the first half of this year, Netflix has loved a variety of content for about 94 billion viewing hours.

Four of the 10 most popular English series this year were British content, with "False Bullets," "My Little Reindeer," and "Gentleman: The Series" recording high viewing numbers. In addition, three Korean content titles, including

Queen of Tears " (29 million views), "Parasite: The Grey" (25 million views), and "My Demon" (18 million views), were among the top 10 non-English content titles, proving the global popularity of Korean content this half of the year. Doctor Slump " (14 million views) was also included among the most beloved representative works in the romance genre of non-English series.

Netflix said, "According to the report, the percentage of Korean content whose IP Netflix owns is less than 15%, the same as in the first half of last year. This shows that Netflix is expanding the global base for Korean content by supporting various localization processes while maintaining flexible contractual arrangements with domestic partner companies, through cooperation with the industry."

Copyrights(C)wowkorea.jp 110

Most consumed K-Dramas on Netflix in the first half of 2024 (total hours viewed):

#1. Queen of Tears — 689.5 million
#2. My Demon — 311.2 million
#3. True Beauty — 293.5 million
#4. Doctor Slump — 258.1 million
#5. Welcome to Samdal-ri — 199.2 million
#6. King the Land — 198.2 million
#7. Gyeongseong Creature — 134.4 million
#8. Crash Landing on You — 131.2 million
#9. Parasyte: The Grey — 126.8 million
#10. Captivating the King — 122 million

5 K-Dramas To Watch If You Love The Childhood Connection To Lovers Trope

Sep 21, 2024

The childhood connection is a favorite K-drama trope which has undergone its own evolution over time. They have either been bosom buddies as kids, who naturally transitioned to being lovers, and there are also those who were sworn rivals in the classroom, going their separate ways, hoping to never cross paths again. As adulthood throws its own curve balls, dodging and navigating the arduous world of grown-ups, they realize they are better together.

The recent crop of K-dramas have brought out stories of self-introspection and healing, as fate makes them find their way back to each other and for some brings alive long-forgotten connections. Here are five such K-dramas which bring life lessons along with a touch of romance.

“Doctor Slump”

doctor-slump-3-1.jpeg

Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) were on top of their class while in school. Both driven to succeed and fiercely competitive with the other, the two always had their guard up around the other. Years have passed, and Jung Woo is a celebrity plastic surgeon while Ha Neul is an anesthesiologist, and the two have never crossed paths with each other. But, when they do, their situations are more or less similar. Jung Woo has been wrongly implicated in a surgery gone wrong and is facing legal troubles. Ha Neul, facing burnout and depression, has quit her job. When Jung Woo becomes a tenant at Ha Neul’s home, the two finally understand and see each other as people and not as two overachieving individuals with an obsession to succeed.

“Doctor Slump” addresses issues of toxic workplaces, mental health issues, and how it’s sometimes okay to not be okay. Though the narrative does meander a bit, it succeeds in driving home the message. Park Hyung Sik has an innate ease with which he gets into character, and Park Shin Hye slips well into her character as well.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1688876wpp/5-k-dramas-to-watch-if-you-love-the-childhood-connection-to-lovers-trope

Jungwoo: It's hot, be careful~ Ah~
Why? Hey~ Seriously~ I told you not to do hard work~
Oh my, oh my, this dangerous thing, I'm the one doing it~
Sky: Actually, it was a bit... burdensome.
Jungwoo: Right?
Sky: You are really~ like an affectionate puppy~
Jungwoo: You're a troublemaker squirrel~ Ah~