[drama 2007] Legend / Great King And Four Gods 태왕사신기

Guest liezle

Guest liezle

bwitched, am i too transparent :D

artwork made by makicchi

taken from happiebb's blog

from what i've been reading it seems that yong joon fans like her. though i agree that when her photos came out earlier i kinda didn't like her. but with the new set of photos yesterday this 26 years old Lee Ji Ah who is a fine arts student who majored in graphic design can speak fluent in English is a good match to yong joon.

i think that probably LJA is the grown up Soo Ji Ni

girl26byjsz6.jpg

picture posted earlier of LJA when she was not introduced yet to the public. i think she's the young Soo Ji Ni here. [check the hair)

2006awy7.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest liezle

posted by rubie at the news thread. thanks rubie!

source : Broasia.com

Shocking Selection Of Uprising Actress Lee Ji Ah To Star As Bae Yong Joon's Woman

May 8, 2007

2640yj8.jpg

The upcoming drama "The Legend" which is scheduled to air starting June 25th has finally revealed the female actress for the role that will be opposite to Bae Yong Joon's character.

The MBC drama "The Legend" will air on Mondays and Tuesdays, and have been scheduled to have 24 episodes. The character opposite to Bae Yong Joon's character of Dam Duk, the 19th king of Goguryeo, is the character Soo Ji Ni, who will be played by the uprising newcomer Lee Ji Ah. She is known to have majored in graphic design and received her degree in the arts, and is also proficient in English.

Instead of picking top stars well-liked by the public such as Kim Tae Hee and Ha Ji Won, a newcomer was chosen, which shows the true intentions of director Kim Jong Hak. He wanted someone who could bring life into the character than someone who was just well-known.

After many rounds of auditions and selecting Lee Ji Ah, director Kim Jong Hak said, "she has Shim Eun Ha¡¯s beauty and Go Hyun Jung's strength. She is like the female warrior character of Soo Ji Ni, who is honest, frank, and refreshing."

Lee Ji Ah has received the best opportunity to work with a top Korean star Bae Yong Joon and become a top star herself in the 43 million won drama "The Legend."

"The Legend" started filming since last March, and has completed about 60% of the filming current to date. Director Kim Jong Hak, who had made national dramas such as "Eyes of the Dawn," "Hourglass," etc, has everyone¡¯s attention for this upcoming drama.

Source: BROASIA.com

http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=264

Guest bwitched

she's already 25???..My god she really does look younger than her age. Silly me for I was wondering why they cast such a young actress for the role of BYJ's lover.

Hehehe, so can't wait for the release of the drama

Guest liezle

as always, thanks to a sweet sister and happiebb :)

[2007/05/22] josei jishin

original in japanese: josei jishin 5-22-07 p.172

scanned & posted: miemi / byjgallery

translated into english: a sweet sister / bb's blog

TWSSG to Broadcast in June,

Jeju Location Filming Restarts!

94438530ly1.jpg

16224720iz1.jpg

BYJ is currently doing a friendship appearance in Hotelier (TV Asahi).

Location filming for TWSSG is reaching its climax

while the Chosun Ilbo reported on May 3 that

the broadcast date in Korea would begin from June 25.

The broadcast date was first scheduled for May 21

but why was it postponed?

‘Filming itself has been delayed

and even if filming has been completed,

CG processing takes time.

The CG in the making of DVD, which is currently on sale,

is not the finished product so in the original version with actual processing,

they will become magnificent images.

It appears that the original version will be broadcast in Japan

a bit later than Korea.’ (drama staff)

One reason given for the delay in broadcast date

is the accident to co-star Choi Min Soo.

In early April, Min Soo and his family were visiting Malaysia

when the taxi they were riding in collided with a truck.

He suffered a neck injury, was hospitalized

and underwent a three hour operation.

On April 9 Min Soo granted an interview where he said,

‘I think I may be discharged in a week.

The producer has considerately postponed location filming for me.

I plan to rejoin the filming after taking three weeks for recovery time.’

He was concerned for the filming affecting the broadcast date

more than his own injuries.

At the end of April, Yonsama returned to Jeju for location filming

where he was spotted numerous times by fans

leaving Hanwha Resort dressed in sportswear.

‘He would turn around embarrassed when family would call out to him

and he waved and is said to have told them, ‘oyasumi nasai.’ (good night)’ (staff)

On May 1, Min Soo was spotted by fans wearing a cast.

‘Yong Joon-san is also showing concern for Min Soo-san

who returned to the set and everyone including the co-stars,

and the staff are putting all their efforts into the push toward the climax.

There are plans for a production kickoff announcement to be held in Korea

right before the broadcast date.’ (previously quoted staff)

For family it looks to be a hot summer.

Guest miel_1301

I have been a constant lurker in this thread as well as in the "boss's" thread for quite a long time now until I was surprised by the sudden visit/posting of bwitched and so I couldn't resist the temptation of saying "Hi!" to both of you (Liezle and Bwitched). Even before I joined soompi I was for a long time a visitor of byj's quilt until I discovered his thread in soompi started out by Liezle which I guess has all the latest and comprehensive information and happenings about the man. I have been silently waiting and anticipating for this drama (as well as my sister)----if I am not mistaken it's more that a year now since news about it came out. At last the long waiting will be over soon. And I must say the new actress, Lee Ji Ah, chosen to play the role of Soo Ji Ni is indeed very lucky to have bested the role. I like it when the director said that he wanted someone who could bring life into the character than someone who is just well known. Such many things and surprising elements to look forward to in this drama.

Guest bwitched

tartmesp...I didn't know that I have such an impact on u...:P

I'm not a fan nor an anti of BYJ. But I praise his talent and his look. I'm anticipating this drama for it's storylines. I love the legend of the 4 gods. I know nothing about Damdeok and other characters. So, I'm soooo looking forward to this drama because I'm curious...and of course, I believe in our Ffen liezle's taste in dramas.

biggest thanks to liezle for the news. AT least things have been cleared up a little

Guest liezle

hi hi tartmesp and bwitched. thank you guys for dropping by this thread.

Lee Ji Ah as Soo Ji Ni

photos courtesy of happiebb's blog

as mentioned in the above article LJA is a newcomer and she plays the role of Damdeok's [bYJ] lover in TWSSG.

72517573is3.jpg

51536638bk2.jpg

btw, it was also mentioned in bb's blog that there might be a media event for TWSSG on June 10th at Jeju. I hope that there'll be an official annoucement soon.

tartmesp...I didn't know that I have such an impact on u...:P

I'm not a fan nor an anti of BYJ. But I praise his talent and his look. I'm anticipating this drama for it's storylines. I love the legend of the 4 gods. I know nothing about Damdeok and other characters. So, I'm soooo looking forward to this drama because I'm curious...and of course, I believe in our Ffen liezle's taste in dramas.

biggest thanks to liezle for the news. AT least things have been cleared up a little

Hi bwitched....(love your new CTH-drama siggy..) glad to see you in this thread and actually I am really curious of this drama. Honestly, I am not into period drama as I find it difficult to cope with the "historical" part of the storyline. Blame it on my genetically-deprived short memory span...I simply cannot digest history plot...mian.

BYJ's new lady love, Lee Ji Ah is beautiful and I think she's a good choice to play his lover. Thanks Liezle for all the updates.... :)

Guest frances

got these from makishi's byj blog

originally from cyworld

some action scenes from the drama ~~

74779128yk0.jpg

67247127xy0.jpg

91qh7.jpg

12gb8.jpg

the making scenes ~

86fi6.jpg

13dk4.jpg

Guest liezle

Frances, thanks for posting some of the action scenes from TWSSG.

i just read from bb's blog new info about Lee Ji Ah. She's studied in NY and a talent of BOF [i'm so happy to read this :)] i'll post portion of the article tomorrow.

Guest liezle

[Trans] josei jishin 2007/05/29

original in japanese: josei jishin 2007/05/29 p.53

scanned & posted by: rosiebaba & miemi

translated into english: a sweet sister / bb's blog

TWSSG Lover Role Played by

“Talented NY Educated” New Actress

13257315og1.jpg

93390160qf4.jpg

TWSSG is scheduled to be broadcast from June 25 starring BYJ. Who would be playing the role of Damdeoks lover, Sujini, has long been a topic of interest among family, that role has been revealed.

“It is Lee Ji-ah. In the more than 30 auditions held, she emerged as the winner. For a new star with no acting experience this is a major role selection.”

She majored in graphic design in college and also studied abroad in New York; showing her talent with language proficiency.

The reason for her to be cast in the role is explained by Producer Kim Jong Hak in a Korean newspaper.

“Her honest and open hearted personality is similar to that of Sujini. Having majored in art, she is feminine and her nature possesses various natural occurring colors.

She is an actress with so much appeal that words cannot describe that appeal. She also has the intellect to clearly understand the script and character.”

It appears that she was cast for her abilities which the director put full trust into rather than rely on a stars recognition power. She is currently under contract to the same production office as Yonsama, BOF.

liezle : I’ve omitted other parts since it’s not TWSSG related.

Guest liezle

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

[CULTURE] As revealed by production company...Truth of 'TWSSG' wrapped in veil

[Newsmaker]5/17/07 13:29:15

2007051714170898842_141708_0.jpg

Production cost for the drama is in or 50 billion (won) level being the highest in nation...Rumor of inflow of Japanese capital is unfounded

24-episode drama 'TWSSG', with the highest production cost invested in history for domestic films and drama altogether, will be aired on MBC TV on June 25. After putting off scheduled broadcasting dates several times, it is finally confirmed.

Biography of the Great King Kwang-gae-to starring BYJ

The 'TWSSG', depicting love and biography of the Great King Kwang-gae-to, who had the mightiest power in Kogooryeo, attracted attention from its planning stage.That is due to the fact that in addition for Director Kim Jonghak and script writer Song Jina, having made fantastic combination in 'Dawn's pupil', 'Sandglass', etc. to join hand, Hallyu star BYJ was cast for starring role. All the while, media have reported contradicting reports each other regarding production cost saying 25 billion or 45 billion, and various rumors have been rampant about BYJ's acting fee. Reports came out one after another that acting fee per each episode would be 100 million won. There even came a rumor that because pretty good amount of production cost was invested from Japan, pretty much portion of profit that would be realized with the drama will flow back to Japan after all. It is also a result of 'mystery principle' strategy exerted by production crew including Director Kim Jonghak or TSG Company, production company, by thoroughly keeping secret about this drama. Actually, the 'TWSSG' would not make public even the brief synopsis on the drama even now when broadcasting is just around the corner. The TSG Company is a company financed jointly by the Kim Jonghak Production, in charge of overall planning and production, and SSD, an investment-distribution-marketing company which is an affiliate to the Kim Jonghak Production.

However, it is true that worried voices flew out from inside and outside of broadcasting industry as setbacks happened frequently in its broadcasting schedule, and as it was involved with even litigation in court. The 'TWSSG' was dragged into dispute of plagiarizing a comic 'Nation of WInd' last year and after the court awarded decision that it did not violate the copyright, an appeal trial is going on at present. Mr. Hong Soonjoo of 'Study Group on lost ancient Korean history' also recently submitted a bill of reason for appeal to Seoul Central High Court of Justice claming that the 'TWSSG' violated copyright of 'History revealed in tablet of the Great King Kwang-gae-to' and scenario 'The Great King Kwang-gae-to, Lion of thousand gods' written by him. Although court of first instance decided dismissal already in the last month, Mr. Hong has appealed objecting that.

What is the truth on the 'TWSSG' which frequently became topic of rumors as much as hot interest in it.

Managing Director Park Changsik, who is a board director for production at the Kim Jonghak Production and Chung Jaewook PD ata the TSG Company revealed the truth of the drama 'TWSSG' in an interview with the 'Newsmaker'

Reason for postponing brodcasting date several times

Although they verbally made promise to MBC to air it in March in this year at first, it was postponed due to problem of production process. It is the same reason that it was postponed from May to June. We have aimed at 100 % production before broadcasting. However, (production) period became longer because completion of the sets was delayed from schedule, and there were shooting with high degree of difficulty. In particular, it took a long time as we have to express the Four God characters of Blue Dragon, White Tiger, Scarlet Phenix, Black Turtle, appearing in Myth, in actually alive and moving appearance with 3D computer graphic(CG). In contrary to average competion of one cut a day of CGs that are used in dramas nowadays, the Four Gods in the 'TWSSG' took 6 months for one cut. The expense spent in CG work alone is 6 to 7 billion won.

At present, about 70% filming has completed and we plan to finish all the filming before the broadcasting. The significances of prior production (before airing) are tow folds. One is for not changing the storyline following TV viewers' reactions and the other is at the level of doing the time-consuming CG works ahead (of airing) . Looking from that perspective, the 'TWSSG' is the same as producing 100% ahead of broadcasting as we originally aimed. Although there will be filming after it starts airing also, they will become level of supplemental filming.

How much is the production cost.

2007051714170898842_141708_1.jpg

the Four God characters of Blue Dragon,

White Tiger, Black Turtle, Scarlet Phenix,

appearing in Myth(Photo in order from top)

Although we can know exactly after all works are done, considering from current level, it seems that it would cost about 32 billion won. In addition to that, it could cost about 1 to 1.5 billion won additionally. Besides that, 20 to 22 billion won was invested as cost for Jeju Island open sets. However, those were built by Cheongam Visual Theme Park(Inc.) bu taking investment, even though it is our affiliate company. I am telling that cost to produce the 'TWSSG' is at least 52 billion won if we total them. Honestly I feel scared. Originally even we did not know that the scale will become as big as this. Since BYJ was cast, there was big increase in offers to invest.

Rumor of influx of Japanese capital

It is a wrong story that Japanese capital flew in as production cost. There is no overseas capital at all. We raised over 10 billion won through domestic financial industry and personal investors, and we already made over 20 billion won sales by pre-sale on DVD, jewelry. game, publication, mobile, etc. Of course, most of them were sold to Japan. We received over 1 billion won by selling 15 (?) sets of drama preview DVD alone in Japan, and received 5 billion won for DVD copyright for the main drama. We decided to divide profit between Japan and us from the time that profit from the sales of DVD of the original drama goes beyond 5 billion won in Japan. Also the money we received for sales of game in Japan is 4.8 billion won. We would like to clarify definitely that we did not get investment of the production cost from Japan but the money is what we earned purely by exporting the 'TWSSG' ahead of time.

Did your plan to export it to over 90 countries through Hollywood major distributors vanish?

There is no additional place we made contract to export other than Japan at present. We are in discussion with Sony Pictures and Buena Vista. However, contract will be made with 10 Chinese speaking countries of Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. during this month. It will be broadcast on NHK in Japan. The broadcasting timing has not been decided yet.

Rumor that BYJ's acting fee is 100 million won per episode

BYJ gets at the level of minimal expense to work necessary for travel expense. meal expense. & lodging expense, etc. in the name of acting fee. It is because Key East is participating in as an investment company, not the concept that how much money is given to BYJ personally. You can see that 4 companies of TSG Entertainment, Kim Jonghak Production, SSD, Key East would divide profit when there is sales. Neither Director Kim Jonghak or BYJ are doing this drama to make money. Both of two people made fortune already as much as they can. They started from desire to make drama with high degree of completion more than anything and they think that money bounds to follow if good drama is resulted by doing that.

Continuing copyright disputes

The basis of law suit requesting compensation for damage which was brought on by cartoonist Mr. Kim Myoseong against drama writer Ms. Song Jina, saying that the "TWSSG' had violated copyright of comic 'Nation of Wind', is several page synopsis we distributed to reporters at the 'TWSSG' Production Announcement Meeting in October of 2004. However, as the synopsis at the time and the story of filmed 'TWSSG are entirely different, we have not violate his copyright. There is nothing to talk about the copyrigh dispute brought on by Mr. Hong Soonjoo. Although we don't know what kind of story he wrote on Kogooryeo, Director Kim Jonghak told that he has not even seen such a stuff. While there was a story on Baekje as well as no story as drama in the material he submitted as supporting (his suit) material in court, there is not a part on Baekje at all in our drama. Our drama is just a fantasy.

Condition of contract with MBC

The 'TWSSG' becomes the first precedent where the outside (independent) production company sells a drama they produced independently to a broadcasting company. Although there were times that broadcasting station and outside producer jointly produced dramas all the while, there was no case where outside production company complete it entirely and sell it to a broadcasting station like the 'TWSSG'. We get from MBC about 100 to 200 million won per each episode. Also MBC will have domestic broadcasting right and broadcasting right for Korean broadcasting station in America, and the TSG company will have right to sales to the rest of overseas and right to additional copyright such as DVD.

Reported by Park Jooyeon,jypark@kyunghyang.com

Copyright © Newsmaker

Guest liezle

TWSSG DVD Making Cover

taken from happiebb's blog

looks like there is another DVD making for TWSSG and this is the cover. i hope that a clearer and bigger version of this photo will be out soon.

coverxe0.jpg

Guest liezle

clearer version of the DVD making cover

oppsie sorry for the wrong info. this is not the cover of another making DVD. according to mariko, which she posted in byj thread, this is the same one on sale June 20th, the cover photo has been changed. The title is Navigate DVD. Thanks Mariko for the info :)

60336118sj3.jpg

Guest bwitched

Hi bwitched....(love your new CTH-drama siggy..) glad to see you in this thread and actually I am really curious of this drama. Honestly, I am not into period drama as I find it difficult to cope with the "historical" part of the storyline. Blame it on my genetically-deprived short memory span...I simply cannot digest history plot...mian.

BYJ's new lady love, Lee Ji Ah is beautiful and I think she's a good choice to play his lover. Thanks Liezle for all the updates.... :)

Hye Fel. Nice to see you here!!!...The CTH's new drama siggie is made by Fleur unnie.

Frances, thanks for posting some of the action scenes from TWSSG.

i just read from bb's blog new info about Lee Ji Ah. She's studied in NY and a talent of BOF [i'm so happy to read this :)] i'll post portion of the article tomorrow.

Wow!!!BOF welcome another actress.

Archived