• 2 weeks later...
Guest liezle

sigh...another delay :(

[trans][ilgan Sports] The broadcast of TWSSG will be delayed to July

[ilgan Sports] 2007-04-06 11:29:51

korean to english translation by suehan

htm_200704061125280201000002010200-002.jpg

*from the interview of Oh Kwang Rok who appears as Hyunmoo in <TWSSG>

“I joined since September of last year and the broadcast of the first episode continuously is

being delayed. It’s postponed from May to July. I’ll film with Bae Yong Joon in Wanjoo Nahjoo

starting this weekend. Bae Yong Joon is not pretentious either. So far he greets and nods to

senior casts well. That’s enough for me. What’s respect? It’s being the first to acknowledge someone.

This is the root of basics.”

Reporter Kim Beon Seok [kbs@joongang.co.kr]

Guest liezle

new photos from the filming site of TWSSG

original source : www.hermesyongjoon.com

posted by rosiebaba in www.joonsfamily.com

66467532zk0.jpg

34478595ps4.jpg

60391208ol5.jpg

45855896qi4.jpg

57356561gn7.jpg

Guest liezle

i just read from kob and www.joonsfamily.com that actor choi min soo [photo below] who is also starring in TWSSG with byj had a car accident in Malaysia. according to the news, he sustained neck injury but i believe is already out of danger. hope that we'll get translated news soon.

20070409103607.608.0.jpg

Guest liezle

ok here's the full story of the above news. again huge thanks to bb and kyouei of www.loveyongjoon. so, the traffic accident happened in march and apparently the injury is quite serious. i hope that choi min soo will get better soon.

[Trans] choi's accident delays TWSSG

original in japanese: innolife

translated into chinese: kyouei / 俊心咏恒 loveyongjoon

translated into english: happiebb / bb's blog

Choi Min Soo Met with Car Accident

Drama TWSSG Delayed

It is understood that the injuries sustained by actor Choi Min Soo during an accident when he was holidaying in Malaysia with his family were more serious than previously thought. Choi Min Soo was admitted into a hospital in Gangnam, Seoul, and underwent an operation that took about three hours.

In order to minimize the negative impact, the initial reports merely mentioned that he suffered from very minor injuries when reporting about this accident. But the actual diagnosis was something serious that warranted an operation. He also has to be hospitalized for at least two weeks, and cannot mobilize his head much. In the event it touches the nerves at the base of his neck, it might result in paralysis in his legs.

Up to the second day of the operation, Choi Min Soo was still in much pain. Now, he said, "I feel very sorry that the large-scale TV drama TWSSG has to be delayed because of me."

PD Kim was worried that Choi Min Soo might rush back to Jeju to resume filming and would not get sufficient rest, therefore he made the decision to stop all filming and to return to Seoul for the time being.

Guest liezle

korean to english translation by suehan

posted in BYJ's Quilt

[Trans]The broadcasting of ‘TWSSG,’ starring Bae Yong Joon, might be delayed.

[Newsen 2007-04-19 10:27:38]

[Newsen Ko Heung Joo reporter]

It looks like that broadcasting of MBC’s historical drama ‘TWSSG’ (script writer Song Ji Na/Director Kim Jong Hak) starring Hallyu Star Bae Yong Joon will be delayed.

Originally, ‘TWSSG’ was expected to broadcast around the end of May, but the schedule of production is delayed because of a large quantity of filming and CG works which takes up a large portion of the drama. So, the expected plans to broadcast in July are being circulated.

And ‘New Goodwife,’ which Lee Jae Won PD is preparing, is said to be the next drama after ‘Hit,’ so the postponement of ‘TWSSG’ is more understandable.

For this matter, someone from the side of ‘TWSSG’ said that ‘there was talk about that the time of broadcasting could be delayed for several reasons’ and ‘It looks like the definite answer might come out around next week with the programming.’

And, someone from MBC said that ‘the line-up of the drama isn’t conformed yet, but ‘New Goodwife’ has a high possibility of broadcasting after ‘Hit’.

‘New Goodwife’ will describe the housewife who found out about her husband’s adultery, and handles it with wisdom. It is planned for 10 episodes and it is said that first broadcasting will be around the end of May or early June. Kim Ji Ho and Kim Nam Jin are strong possibilities for the main casting.

Guest kdramanut

I was in Jeju Nov. '06 and got some far away photos of the set while it was nearing completion. It's cool to see all the photos people have posted recently. THANKS! :D

I think it's cool that this drama (sort of following the story of Jumong's decendants) is taking the Mon/Tues slot. Too bad it couldn't start airing in May.

I was also super excited :w00t: to see the two main characters from the director's BIG hit drama "Sandglass" are both in this drama. If TWSSG is 1/2 as good as "Sandglass," this will surely be a HUGE success.

Can't wait!

Guest liezle

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

Posted in BYJ's Quilt

'TWSSG', seems to be aired in the end of June simultaneously in Korea and Japan

[star News]5/2/07 17:34

MBC drama 'TWSSG' (script by Song Jina, directed by Kim Jonghak), gathering interests on its broadcasting schedule, is expected ot accomplish simultaneous broadcasting in both countries of Korea and Japan for the first time for domestic dramas.

The TSG Company, producer of the 'TWSSG', had already pre-sold its broadcasting right good for 2 years to NHK in Japan, and taking in consideration of domestic broadcasting schedule, the had set plans to air it in about May in Japan.

However, as setbacks continued in its schedule of aiming at production before airing, scheduling for domestic broadcasting also could not be set, and there was sign also that unprecedented phenomenon of broadcasting it first in Japan rather than in Korea could happen.

Regarding this, an official at the producing company said on 2 that "On the domestic broadcasting schedule, we are in the state of agreement with MBC (to air it) in the end of June and final decision will be made soon, " and "Its airing in Japan was already decided to be in the end of June and they plan to proceed as scheduled."

Accordingly, MBC, still showing official position that they will air it in the end of May, also is preparing for the worst and speeding up the production of 'New Wise Mother and Good Wife' expecting its arrangement for the period after the 'H.I.T.' when they originally had scheduled the 'TWSSG'.

Three years have passed since they announced production plan for the 'TWSSG', and they have added curiosity regarding its broadcasting as they postponed broadcasting plan no less than 3 times. Also, as they presold it to Japan and as they already have marketed making DVD in Japan in the past March, there was worry that continued postponement of its broadcasting could be connected to a fall in degree of trust in our nation.

Interests are gathering on what kind reactions the 'TWSSG' will get in both countries of Korea and Japan as the drama, with the top Hallyu star BYJ in front of it, is aired in (simultaneously) in both countries for the first time for drama.

Reported by Yoo Soonho

Copyright © Money Today Star News

Guest frances

TWSSG will be broadcasted from June 25th.

Source: News-N 2007.05.03

translated from korean to english by gaulsan

posted in byj's quilt

"TWSSG was scheduled to start from May 21th, but after a long discussion with MBC, we agreed to broadcast it from June 25th," a staff of KJH Production said.

TWSSG is gaining attention from all over Asia for the fact that BYJ is starring.

Also, the fact that good actors are appearing and Kim Jong Hak- Song Ji Na are working together make us expect the excitement of 'Sand-glass' to come again.

TWSSG will be broadcasted in 24 serieses on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:50 pm.

The images of the Four Gods are released.

Baekho (white god, tiger)

pimg_749167153289438.jpg

Joojak (Red god, phoenix?)

pimg_749167153289439.jpg

Chungryong (Blue god, Dragon)

pimg_749167153289440.jpg

Hyunmu (Black god, hybrid of turtle and snake?)

pimg_749167153289441.jpg

조은별mulgae@newsen.com

Guest liezle

'The Legend' Confirmed To Air On June 25th

May 3, 2007

source : Broasia

259_0.jpg

Bae Yong Joon's new historical fantasy drama 'The Legend' (script by Song Jina and directed by Kim Jong Hak) has pushed back its first broadcast date again, which is now confirmed to air on June 25th.

The PR agency for 'The Legend' revealed on the 3rd that "after endless negotiations with MBC, we came to a conclusion to have the broadcast date on June 25th."

Just not so long ago, MBC had decided that 'The Legend' would air after 'H.I.T.' and was set to air on May 28th. But production company of 'The Legend,' Kim Jong Hak Productions requested for more time since the cg effects for the drama will take longer, so eventually the broadcast date was pushed back. 'The Legend' was originally planned to air in March.

After the national Korean broadcast was delayed to June 25th, 'The Legend' seems that it will be seen by the viewers in Korea and Japan at nearly the same time. 'The Legend' will be broadcasted through NHK in Japan.

Due to the delay in the broadcast of 'The Legend,' MBC plans to air the 8 episode miniseries, 'Wise Mother Shin.'

The plans for 'The Legend' were started in 2003 and filming was started last March. It had a full support, but it is currently only 60% complete. But as a fantasy drama, the cg effects are crucial, so it seemed hard to complete everything by the first broadcast date.

'The Legend' portrays the life of the 19th king of Goguryeo, and the characters of the Four Gods. The funding for this drama was 43 million won, and will feature Bae Yong Joon, Moon So Ri, Jung Jin Young, Choi Min Soo, and others. Currently, the filming is still in progress on location in Jeju Island.

Guest Jangoon

man im so sad :( ahhhhhh why cant they put it in another time slot lol! mannnnn i want to watchhhhh itttttttttt

i hope its gonna be great.. 24 episodes so.. its like jumong in 24 episodes so more and better action in one episode i guess..

Guest liezle

thanks to marikoo for posting the news in byj thread :)

This news just came out. The role of Suzeeny in the drama TWSSG finally announced to be performed by Lee Ji Ah

(I’m not sure of the spelling), a new actress who passed the audition done for 30 times.

200705081048151111_1.jpg

200705081048151111_2.jpg

200705081048151111_3.jpg

Guest Marikoo

Here's the complete english translation of the news posted and translated by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt.

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Lightening unveiling of new comer Lee Jia, BYJ's lover in 'TWSSG'!

[My Daily]5/8/07 10:49:29

200705081048151111_1.jpg

They unveiled for the first time an actress who will play Suzinie, an opposite character to BYJ, who acts the Great King Kwang-gae-to, Damdeok, in 24 episodes MBC Monday-Tuesday drama 'TWSSG(Script by Song Jina, Directed by Kim Jonghak & Yoon Sangho, Produced by Kim Jonghak Production)', which is scheduled to air its first episode on coming end of June or early July.

According to the Kim Jonahak production, producer, the actress who got the character of Suzinie is a new comer Lee Jia and she is a fine art student who majored in graphic design in college and she is a talented lady who is also fluent in English.

200705081048151111_2.jpg

Director Kim Jonhak, having personally performed auditions over 30 times for the Suzinie character, decided on casting (her) saying "the real appearance of Lee Jia who is frank, simple and free& easy bears much resemblance to character of 'woman warrior' Suzinie in the drama/, along with evaluation on Miss Lee Jia that "an actress who has both beauty of Shim Eunha and dignity of Koh Hyeonjeong."

200705081048151111_3.jpg

However, the drama production crew told that Director Kim asked to keep secret all the while, because he thought that being topic of talks would be likely in the way of completely absorbing in acting by the new comer.

Suzinie, a woman Damdeok loves in the drama, is a woman of Hwangwoong and will depict triangle love story along with Damdeok(BYJ), and Kiha(Moon Sori).

Being a character who has both images of goddess and woman warrior, she will accomplish a role of assistant for Damdeok's ambition while she is his melancholic lover at the same time.

[New comer Lee Jia, who was cast in MBC 'TWSSG', Photo is offered by Younghwain]

Reported by Chang Seoyoon,ciel@mydaily.co.kr

Copyright ⓒ My Daily

Guest liezle

mariko, thanks for the update :) she looks pretty and i love the 3rd photo. i hope that she'll have a good chemistry with byj. likewise, i hope to get to more know more about her. Can't wait to see the next promotional photos of TWSSG. btw, she's the same girl in the photo that was released earlier, right? the one in the sort of like a polo game?

Guest bwitched

Wave to liezle

I dunno why have I never thot of visiting this thread. Now that I do, I want to watch it. I thot it's just another long epic drama, but it got something to do with the 4 legendary gods. So exciting!!!!...plus it's a 24 episodes drama. So gonna watch this!!!

Guest liezle

waving back to bwitched :)

i'm also looking forward to this drama. it's been delayed for many months now but i guess the wait will be worth it. i'm so excited to see the cg effects. as you know it was written that WETA is doing it.

Guest bwitched

waving back to bwitched :)

i'm also looking forward to this drama. it's been delayed for many months now but i guess the wait will be worth it. i'm so excited to see the cg effects. as you know it was written that WETA is doing it.

Even if you don't tell me, I can tell how u have been anticipating for this drama..hehehehe

The thread is only 8 pages long. Gonna revise from the first page. Until then....

Archived