Blonde Asians?

Guest YunHo

Guest Saseumi

They say that most people should not try to pull off making their hair lighter than their skin tone. Of course, when we have idols getting everything done professionally and being preened to perfection it's a very different story, but as a rule of the thumb I would say that blonde is not something asians should really try to pull off by themselves - or perhaps rather just darker people or those with yellow undertones in general. If you want to try it you should tailor it carefully and really ask yourself if it will look good enough to be worth the damage the initial colour change and upkeep will do.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allison1derlnd

I have wigs! I like the platinum blonde on myself! Here's me cosplaying as Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon. 

TameYourDragon03.jpg

Guest cookieapple

It all depends on your skintone, I think fairer skintones can pull of blonde much better but no one can pull off that horrible yellow that dark hair turns into when bleached.

Jaejoong is a commonly used example but he has a very fair complexion. I reckon Hizaki and Kamijo also pull off blonde hair rather well.

Guest remembertonight

generally i'd say no, but in my opinion, it has a lot to do with your skintone and features. fairer skin and softer features tend to be able to pull it off more. i've seen lots of asians around me who look absolutely gorgeous with blonde hair. on the other hand, i've also seen some that i just want to drag to the salon as well.

Guest ghettoe

I am not Asian but not going to lie. I absolutely hate it when Asians dye their hair blonde. Some do look decent but for the most part, no! Then again, I hate it equally when my own race goes blonde. The strange thing though is I actually like seeing the other crazy colors. Blue, pink, red, etc. Some of you guys rock some really funky colors well!! It's kind of bizarre... But often blonde tends to look a mess!

Archived