Blonde Asians?

Guest YunHo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest minjin

Jaejoong, Reita and some other asians stars can really pull it off. But not all asians can xD i could never imagine my boyfriend with blond hair xD

Guest kirarin13

I don't think blonde looks good on asian.

Except for some guys [;

ASian's usually looks good on black [;

because of their skin, it's a little bit of dark.

so I prefer black hair for asians [;[/center

]

Guest rachelsaur

I think only a few asians can pull it off.

I liked Hyuna's blond hair, or G-Dragon? Nana from After School and a few others. :)

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

i think if you are on the tanner side of the spectrum then it is pretty weird to pull off the blonde look, because it will just make you look dirty. Black or brunette colors actually complement, the tanner ones

However if you are fair, i think blondes or white colors may suit you, but beware that you will not look washed out.

I think it CAN look good, but it usually doesn't. And a lot of the celebrities that everyone keeps posting about, they don't look as good with it in real life. A lot of it is the lighting and the way it hits their face. I'll concede in some cases though -- if you have the bone structure and the skin to do it, do it!

Guest Special Ed

I personally think pale asians can pull it off easier than tan asians. Blonde seems to compliment white skin better than dark.

This girl wears it well

tomboy24072010-9.jpg

tomboy24072010-3.jpg

Male

bi10062010-9.jpg

bi10062010-17.jpg

these two look great with blonde hair. also the blonde is very flattering, because

it's ashy and doesn't have an orange undertone.

plus, for some reason blonde hair on asian people tends to look more natural if

their hair is short or medium length.

Guest xReiko-Love

like everyone said, depends on the persons features. a few kpop stars/asians can pull it off, example, Hyuna,L.Joe (from Teen Top. IMO It depends on how you look at it) GD, Sica, and whole other people i just won't mention. And as how much i love Heechul, he CAN'T pull off blond.

Guest MyLovelyBlondie

There are some that look good, but I think that asians have beautiful black hair, so I don't get why they need to colour it...

Guest o1xMaGgiie

i think it suits those who are paler ? asians that are more tanned or "yellow" look really trashy with blonde hair .

Good examples:

-Hyuna (4minute)

-Jessica (Girl's Generation)

-Hyosung (Secret)

-JaeJoong (TVXQ)

-Key (SHINEe)

-Yoseob (BEAST)

Bad Examples:

-BoA

-G.Na (<3LOVE HER THOUGH)

-Soohyun (u-kiss)

-Junhyung (BEAST)

Guest KevinxD

Nah, black hair looks weird on white people and blond hair looks on Asian people, its the balance of nature.

Asians are just meant to have dark hair color, they look best with black, brown, and purple hair.

Some can still look good with blond but Asians ALMOST ALWAYS look better with dark colored hair.

Guest CChen82

I live in China and have been to five other Asian countries and I've got to say that 99% of the time, Asian and blonde simply do not mix.  At all. And the two should be mortal enemies, quite honestly.  Don't get me wrong, I think Chinese women are the most beautiful women in the world!  But with blonde hair, they look absolutely atrocious and I have never actually seen an Asian pull off the look well.  Average at best, rarely.  

Blonde hair on Asian girls is like trying to watch the class dork hit on the already taken (by the quarter back) head cheerleader.  Basically it is always awkward and goofy looking. It is my hope that Asian girls start to become more happy with the body and attributes they were given at birth, instead of racing to bleach the skin, fix the eyes and dye the hair.  What is the desire to look more western? 

• 1 month later...
Guest wingz_of_light

There's so much hate on Asians with blonde hair. Imo, some Asians look good with it, and some don't (and besides, even if it doesn't look good, it's easily fixable). I've seen lots of Asian girls look really hot with blonde hair. Also, I don't think it's a matter of looking more "Western"; to me, it's just style/fashion. I think it's kind of offensive that some people say that just because an Asian person has bleached hair, that they're trying to be white or become Westernized.

I have platinum blonde hair, and I'd like to think that I look decent with it and can kinda pull it off (although it looks gross when my roots grow out D= ).

61184_1334266249954_1629990016_790960_7061585_n.jpg58996_10150245438635076_713925075_14591700_8240922_n.jpg

^ I LOVE IT! The color is fantastic. Did you go to a salon? How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking. I'm definitely going to bleach my hair this year to get a platinum like that, but until then, I have to settle for wigs:

ss8.jpg

s11-Copy.jpg

-ginger

Guest wingz_of_light

^ginger: Ooooo wow you look sooo good with blonde hair. I thought that was your real hair!

Ummm.. well the first time I got it bleached was at a salon, and then sometimes I just do my own roots... I used to bleach it myself too. I think when I usually get it bleached at a salon, it's around... 120$? Not too expensive, but when I feel poor I just do it myself (if you do it yourself, you need to bleach it twice if you use the drugstore-brand bleaching kits). Oh but when you get it done, make sure to buy toning shampoo (I use AG Sterling Silver) so that your hair will stay a pale blonde and not turn that ugly yellow-orange brassy color. You should definitely get it done! Blonde looks sooo nice on you.

Guest Misoneism

There's so much hate on Asians with blonde hair. Imo, some Asians look good with it, and some don't (and besides, even if it doesn't look good, it's easily fixable). I've seen lots of Asian girls look really hot with blonde hair. Also, I don't think it's a matter of looking more "Western"; to me, it's just style/fashion. I think it's kind of offensive that some people say that just because an Asian person has bleached hair, that they're trying to be white or become Westernized.

I have platinum blonde hair, and I'd like to think that I look decent with it and can kinda pull it off (although it looks gross when my roots grow out D= ).

come on...

if you seen a western anime lover girl with hello kitty all over her,asian hair cut and circle lenses you would that easily think she wants to be asian too...

I dont think that every asian girl who bleached their hair wants to look western

But they are people that its the case.

come on...

if you seen a western anime lover girl with hello kitty all over her,asian hair cut and circle lenses you would that easily think she wants to be asian too...

I dont think that every asian girl who bleached their hair wants to look western

But they are people that its the case.

But what if the white girl just had her hair dyed black--no hello kitty, no circle lenses, no asian hair cut--would you still automatically make the assumption that she's trying to 'be asian'?

What some of us are trying to point out is that hair color, for many, many people, is just a hair color--it has nothing to do with ethnicity or ancestors or anything like that. If you just saw an Asian chick walking down the street with blonde hair, a person shouldn't assume they're "trying to be white" any more than you should assume a regular white person walking down the street with dyed black hair is "trying to be asian."

^ginger: Ooooo wow you look sooo good with blonde hair. I thought that was your real hair!

Ummm.. well the first time I got it bleached was at a salon, and then sometimes I just do my own roots... I used to bleach it myself too. I think when I usually get it bleached at a salon, it's around... 120$? Not too expensive, but when I feel poor I just do it myself (if you do it yourself, you need to bleach it twice if you use the drugstore-brand bleaching kits). Oh but when you get it done, make sure to buy toning shampoo (I use AG Sterling Silver) so that your hair will stay a pale blonde and not turn that ugly yellow-orange brassy color. You should definitely get it done! Blonde looks sooo nice on you.

Wow, majorly impressed that you've done it yourself. *clap clap clap* $120 isn't that bad, actually--I thought it would be closer to $300. I definitely want a cooler toned blonde, not a super warm strawberry color (been there, done that). Ugggh, reading this thread is making me want to go out and do it like...this week. Feeling antsy now.

-ginger

Archived