[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

Curated for ARMY by RM

#BTS_BE (Essential Edition)

RM says in the video,

"I remember saying that something in porcelain would be nice for “RM's room”, but I've actually been saving it for ARMY's room. I thought the moon jar would suit ARMY's room really nicely. A moon jar is made by combining two halves that are made separately, so each piece is unique. I'd say it's just like people, each different and unique. Just as all of these different jars are called “moon jars”, so are all of our ARMY who are different but stand by BTS as one ARMY. Looking at the moon jar in the room brings a certain tranquility to my mind. I hope that through this beautiful piece, my full-moon wish to gift you a warm day will be felt by all ARMY."

"I also thought that a Korean “four-way case” sabangtakja would be a good addition to ARMY's room. I make good use of this item to display my figures. The four-way case is open all around to make it extra useful, and the open sides imbue an expansive feeling to the entire space around it, bringing you comfort. It's antique furniture but with very modern aesthetics. I hope the harmonious balance created by the gentle curves of the moon jar and the lines and angles of the sabangtakja can bring lots of comfort and relaxation from every direction."

qQm8rd6.jpg

Audio link (1) (2) (3)

February 16, 2021

#GeniusCharts | Upon RM’s recommendation, “아름다운 것 (Beautiful Thing)” by indie rock band, Sister’s Barbershop (언니네 이발관) sees a huge rise in pageviews and hits #1 on K-Rock chart in Genius Korea!

Daejeong, one of Sister’s Barbershop member, quoted Genius Korea’s tweet related to 아름다운 것 (Beautiful Thing)’s rise in charts while thanking RM for having shared the song through his recent Weverse.

Bangtan RM thank you~2o0RUm0.jpg

Source (1) (2)

Spoiler

On February 14, RM shared a song of Sister’s Barbershop, “아름다운 것 (Beautiful Thing)” through Weverse.

DmQBZCU.jpg

RM changed his lyrics (verses) in song “2nd grade” during a performance.

2nd grade 5th grade

Spoiler

I haven’t really changed, baby
I haven’t really changed, baby

a second grader in pop music industry
a fifth grader in pop music industry

I’m still 181cm, baby
I’m still 181cm, baby

It’s only the height of my mind that grew
It’s only the height of my mind that grew

In a way, I’m the top of my class, baby
In a way, I’m the top of my class, baby

I received a rookie award too
I received a Billboard too

Walking around along the hallway, we received greetings from new juniors as well
Walking around along the hallway, we received greetings from new juniors as well

Now I feel like I know stuff
Now I feel like I know stuff

We do rehearsals skillfully
We do rehearsals skillfully

Having junior by a year, feels like we’re riding high now
Having junior by a year, feels like we’re riding high now

Ahhh, shush
Ahhh, shush

Oh but then, in front of our eyes, there are fifth and sixth years seniors
Oh but then, in front of our eyes, there are Drake and Pharell seniors

Hello!
Hello!

Only then I feel that I still have a long way to go now
Only then I feel that I still have a long way to go now

Our teacher, the general public didn’t burden us with expectations until last year
Our teacher, the general public will surely burdening with high expectations for us starting this year

Saying that it’s okay since we’re the first year rookie
Saying we’re great, got on Billboard, we’re on the news

Sat us down, and they taught us how cold the world is with a few subjects
Sat us down, and they taught us how cold the world is with a few subjects

prejudice, hateful comments, double standards, swearing, and indifference
prejudice, hateful comments, double standards, swearing, here have some attention!

Teacher, is there a CSAT too ?
Teacher, is there a CSAT still ?

If I get No. 1 does that make me a successful singer?
Is No. 1 the only successful singer?

Those are all good, but what I want to do is music
Those are all good, but what I want to do is music

Please leave me alone for now and let me do what I want to do first
Shut your mouth, we’re just Bangtan

Source (1) (2)

BTS (방탄소년단) 'Life Goes On' (Video Call ver.) - RM

Source (1) (2)

You heard BTS’s RM… don’t miss their #MTVUnplugged performance on Tuesday, February 23rd at 9p!3ttmB6N.jpg#BTSonMTV

CpQXchy.jpg LISTEN TO #RM!! CpQXchy.jpg

Source (1) (2)

BTS’ Dicon Magazine Interview (Issue 10)

Q: You’re writing Kpop history. You’re changing pop history. You’re making “Billboard history”. How do you feel?

RM: It feels good and it’s a thankful thing. But now, we’ve learned to accept it somewhat calmly. More than being excited or thrilled, I want to work hard at what we’re doing now with feelings of gratitude. Like a large tree, I want to stay standing with my two feet stuck firmly into the ground.  Trans © tteokminnie

Read the full interview here or here or here

Spoiler

XHkTyqw.jpg

Scan © iridescent (1) (2) | (1) (2)

2iXIslX.jpg

z3ASa8i.jpg

6y2xOoa.jpg

Spoiler

February 23, 2021

Liam McEwan is listening to RM’s mixtape, “mono.  :fullofhearts:

Liam tweeted “listen to this” (he took a screenshot of track “everythingoes”)

February 23, 2021

John Eun with whom RM collaborated in the song 'Hope', shared his visit to Yeouido and the RM Forest 2 (@/HoneyJoonie94) via his Insta Story.

Spoiler
On 11/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, bohmi said:

RM is credited as one of the Vocals on John Eun’s new single “Hope”. The song just came out today!!

RM’s voice at 0:52-0:56 saying ~ a little hope, a little hope ~

On 1/10/2021 at 9:36 AM, bohmi said:

January 8, 2021

[Interview] - John Eun talked about RM’s participation in his song “Hope”

A lot of famous musicians contributed to “Hope.” RM of BTS, eAeon of Mot as vocals. Isaac Hong participated in the chorus. Etc.

RM’s participation in “Hope” was a coincidence. It was a time when I gathered as many musician friends as possible to sing together. When the song was almost finished, I told RM that I wanted him to hear this new song, and he was happy to come to the studio.

a2Fp6rY.jpg

Source (1) (2)

Fans Build Forest In RM’s Name As Birthday Gift
Fans create 2nd forest in Seoul in celebration of BTS leader RM's birthday

BTS With Official Film Viewer

H863W52.jpg

Source (1) (2)

Edited by bohmi

February 23, 2021

RM Twitter Update

Eu5Egc3VkAIUqPB?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Eu5EdGMVcAEpm_D?format=jpg&name=large

Eu5EfQ9UYAARLO4?format=jpg&name=large

Eu5Ed0eVIAMtQfh?format=jpg&name=large

RM visited special exhibition “After Every Winter Comes Spring” at National Museum of Korea, and solo exhibition “Feuilles” by painter Yujeong Eom at SOSHO.

*After Every Winter Comes Spring, a new exhibition at the National Museum of Korea (NMK), centers around the work of two renowned Joseon era painters ― Kim Jeong-hui (1786-1856) and Kim Hong-do (1745-1806).

National Museum of Korea tweeted about RM’s visit, and painter Yujeong Eom thanking RM for visiting the exhibition.

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

February 24, 2021

Foreign media mentioned about RM harmonizing with the vocal line during BTS’s “Fix You” (Coldplay Cover) performance #MTVUnplugged

A highlight of the performance saw RM, Jin, and Jimin pull off a three-part harmony note with ease.

Variety

Leader RM however steals the show, inciting goosebumps with his deep and breathy vocals that both complement the singers and show off his own distinct charm.  — Rolling Stone India

One of many highlights was leader RM’s deep, breathy vocals complementing Jin’s superb high notes.

Teen Vogue

It proved a perfect fit for the band members, complementing RM’s rich baritone and Jungkook’s tender falsetto equally.  — Forbes

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) | (1) (2) | (1) | (1)

RM’s Low Register Voice In Cover of Fix You #MTVUnplugged

“That sounds gorgeous, it’s breathy but it’s rich. That needs to be used way more often.”:hooray2:

I’m so happy that RM received many compliments about his voice and performance.  :bawling:

BTS Give Their Best Live Performance Ever On MTV Unplugged Causing A Tsunami On Twitter With RM Stealing The Show During Their Surprise Cover Of Coldplay’s Fix You + Jungkook & Vmin (V & Jimin) trending high on Twitter worldwide before Telepathy

:cutekitty:

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) | (1)

RM Weverse Update (210228)

“Wait, is it true that February is over?”

:fullofhearts:

oLZ84wY.jpg

TOTGeSS.jpg

Source (1) (2)

Jungkook mentioned RM on his VLive broadcast (210227)

“I had a meal with Bang PD lately, I asked him on how to be a better lyricist, and thinking about what he said, I’ve once again come to a realization that Namjoon hyung is truly an amazing person. Namjoon hyung and Bang PD both reads a lot.” — Jungkook

Trans © iIlejeons (1) | (2) (3)

W0YfUaw.jpg

*screenshot from BTS BE behind story interview