[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

The pink hairdo debuted around the world Thursday morning is courtesy of BTS’ RM, who showed off his new hair color in a set of candid pictures. #BillboardNews

Spoiler

May 6, 2021

BTS' RM Resurrects 'Pink Joon' With New Hair Color: See the Photos

The pink hairdo debuted around the world Thursday (May 6) morning is courtesy of BTS' RM, who showed off his new hair color in a set of candid pictures.

BTS' official Twitter account shared four pictures of RM playing with his white Spitz named Rap Mon (nicknamed Monie) with a Korean caption that reads "Puppy is difficult" when translated to English. But the ARMY was having a slightly difficult time understanding his decision to return to the pastel color after he said he wouldn't last September.

During an interview with AskAnythingChat shortly after the release of BTS' first English-language single and Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit "Dynamite," RM (real name Kim Nam-joon) said he wouldn't dye his hair pink because it reminded him of his "dark side." But while promoting the K-pop supergroup's second English-language single "Butter" in his teaser clip, fans thought they had caught a glimpse of the pink hair while he was sauntering into the frame and posing in front of the camera.

With "Pink Joon" among Twitter's top trends, the ARMY was quite satisfied with their surprise helping ahead of "Butter," which will be released on May 21.

Source: Billboard

Tweet from TRESemmé  :joy::joy:

We’re melting like butter for #pinkjoon

Source:

Billboard (1) (2) (3)

TRESemme

Petco

• Like 1

May 4, 2021

Korean singer Lee Seung Chul was on the KBS show “Problem Child in House” and mentioned the junior artist he would like to collaborate with is IU and RM.

aYuK0VB.jpg

This is the second time that he has said that. :)

On 4/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, bohmi said:

March 29, 2021

Veteran singer Lee Seung Chul said that if he will choose to collaborate with his juniors, it will be RM.

Singer Lee Seung Chul appeared as a guest on SBS Power FM’s “Cultwo Show” which aired on the 29th.

Comedian Moon Se Yoon who appeared as a special DJ on the day, asked, “Lee Seung Chul-ssi, you collaborated a lot, but do you have any juniors you want to work with?”

Lee Seung Chul said, “I pay attention to AKMU Suhyun, and I want BTS RM.”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Source (1) (2) (3)

May 7, 2021

Attractive smile man — Korea Dispatch version

Eunwoo (Astro), Baekho (Nu’est), RM (BTS), JR (Nu’est), Wonwoo (Seventeen), Woozi (Seventeen), J-Hope (BTS), Young K (Day6), Sanha (Astro).

zerPyEl.jpg

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

May 8, 2021

ENHYPEN’s Jungwon mentioned RM in ENHYPEN BORDER: CARNIVAL comeback interview

Q. In an interview with Dazed, you said you learned a lot from how relaxed some of the more experienced artists looked at the year-end 2021 NEW YEAR’S EVE LIVE concert.

Jungwon: Their performance was relaxed, but so was the way they talked. I was surprised—when RM talked, he was so comfortable, like he was alone in his room.

Q. How do you feel about taking on responsibility as the leader?

Jungwon: Naturally there’s some pressure, but I’m not perfect, and I’m still one of the members of ENHYPEN. Plus I’m young, so I think I’m still in the learning stage. I don’t think the job of being leader is something you do alone. Usually people think of the leader as someone who guides from the front, right? Well, RM said something to me: A leader doesn’t pull from the front; they push from behind. That’s so inspirational that I still think about it.

Source: Weverse Magazine

May 5, 2021

Tweet from an American Radio DJ who listened to ‘Butter’ in advance

He also talked about RM’s part: “RM served heat on this one”

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 1

4 & 7 May

Run BTS! X Fifteen Nights On A Business Trip (The Game Caterers) This Week

PD Na Young Seok, “RM-ssi, I love your mind.” PD Na Young Seok admired the mindset of BTS leader RM.

g6BBTnp.jpg

N5HVNO8.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

• Like 1

“Trivia : Love” being played on the USA radio — KX FM 104.7 Laguna Beach, California.

VT Cosmetics (2019) — Coway (2021)

AV8fq6J.jpg

Japan Official Fanclub

L4sy0kC.jpg

Spoiler

7GV2Ozt.jpg

Source (1) | Source (1) (2) (3) | Source (1)

• Like 2

May 9, 2021

RM Twitter Update

E08mN-8VEAENG2r?format=jpg&name=large

Artworks by Jean Jullien, Kim Jung Youn, and the paint in the picture 3 is Yun Hyong Keun’s.

Kim Jung Youn quoted RM’s tweet.

Kim Jung Youn and Jean Jullien also shared RM’s Twitter post on their Instagram story. :blush:

Spoiler

LWEcN8q.jpg

9gyf4M8.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 2

“그러지 마 Don’t”

May 1, 2021

eAeon — Interview with Melon Magazine

eAeon had planned for RM to feature on “Maybe” (Track 6), but RM heard “Don’t” (Track 1) and said he’d like to give that track a try as well. RM offered to work on both and have eAeon pick between them. RM sent back recordings the very next day and eAeon believed he (RM) suited “Don’t” much more.

When eAeon received RM’s recording, he was surprised to see over 10 perfectly arranged vocal tracks - not only the main vocal melody, but background harmonies and doubled vocals too. Furthermore, RM had sent an outro melody as well, saying he’d tried it out for fun.

eAeon could feel RM’s affection for the song. He used everything as it was, and believes they’re what made the song feel complete. He believes the point of the song is in the combination of his higher vocal tone and RM’s lower register.

© wisha

Q: Curious about an episode about your work with RM.

eAeon: I actually asked him to feature on “Maybe” (Track 6), but RM heard “Don’t” and told me he’d like to work on that track as well. Said he would work on both Maybe and Don’t, and I could pick between the two of them. He sent me the recordings the next day and I thought RM was much more suited for Don’t so I decided on that. RM’s judgement was right. ^^

Q: ... some more specific commentary about the song.

eAeon: When I first got RM’s recordings, I was totally surprised. He sent over not just the main vocal melody, but like 10 or so perfectly arranged vocal tracks, incl the background vocal harmonies and doubling vocals too that I really liked. He even sent an outro melody, which I didn’t even think about, but he said he tried for fun. I felt his affection for the song. I used everything as he sent me (without making any change), and I think that’s what completed the song. I think you could say that the harmony between my higher-than-most vocal tone (other translations: my vocal tone, which is relatively high) and RM’s lower vocal tone is the point of the song.

© bora

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

May 3, 2021

eAeon — Interview with Yonhap News

eAeon described “Don’t” as a track with minimal instrumentals, and that “there were parts which could have become dull if repeated continually, but as RM helped, he became an important factor in leading a change within the track that gave it colour.” eAeon also said he liked this song the best, and thus hoped it would be one that started the album listening experience.

© wisha

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

• Like 1

May 6, 2021

[INTERVIEW] eAeon finds ease with music after suffering, drops album feat. BTS's RM

[ ... ]  Thanks to these new efforts and partly because of BTS's RM's collaboration, the album's first track and title song "Don't" already surprised the music scene by attracting more than 7.6 million views on YouTube as of Thursday. It topped the Worldwide iTunes Song chart in the United States and at least 78 other countries as of Friday, an official of ACM, his agency, said.

"I left some spaces in the demo song and ask Nam-joon (RM) to fill it. He sent me his humming voice recorded by his mobile phone. I simply said I was satisfied with it. But a few days after he just sent me a perfect recording which didn't need any adjustment. It was something beyond my expectation. So I just used the source as it is and finished the title song."

The rare collaboration didn't happen overnight. The two have been building a friendship for years before they ultimately came to collaborate with each other. In 2018, eAeon collaborated on RM's "badbye," a track from "mono." (2018).

"About five to six years ago, Nam-joon sent me a message through Twitter. I found it interesting to receive a message from a K-pop idol as it was the first time for me and simply thought it would be fun to make a new idol friend. Also back then, when BTS wasn't that big like now, I found some songs of the band interesting such as Run and I Need You. So I decided to meet him in person. I found out that he is a very interesting, genuine and well-behaved person. Since we have got to know each other, he came to my house a lot and we hung out from time to time. Also, he is such a music lover listening to various songs from all over the world. He is doing well as a K-pop idol, but he is very passionate about being a musician and artist."

"After the explosive reaction of Don't from all over the world, we celebrated each other through Twitter and KakaoTalk. Actually, the views are beyond my imagination. So, I still have no idea of what the figures mean."

Source (1) (2) (3)

May 7, 2021

Panama radio station, Metropolis 93.3 FM in its KpopHits program played the song “Don’t” by eAeon feat RM. The announcer talked about how deep the song is, and mentioned that the album is very good. :thumbsup:

May 8, 2021

#DONT on KX FM Laguna Beach, California #Our Second Play!

This is a beautiful song. I’m so proud to present this to Laguna Beach.

On 5/4/2021 at 9:23 PM, bohmi said:

May 2, 2021

“Don’t” being played on the USA radio — KX FM 104.7 Laguna Beach, California.

Source (1) (2) (3)

eAeon tweets about “Don’t” playing in other countries: It’s so surreal to see this song playing in the landscape of another country.”

• Like 1

May 14, 2021

BTS Named As One Of The Guest Stars In Upcoming “Friends” Reunion

BTS will be appearing as guest stars on the reunion special of the iconic American sitcom “Friends.”

The cast of “Friends” will be reuniting for a special that will air on the streaming service HBO Max. On May 13, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the list of guest stars for the reunion included David Beckham, Justin Bieber, BTS, James Corden, Cindy Crawford, Cara Delevingne, Lady Gaga, Elliott Gould, Kit Harington, Larry Hankin, Mindy Kaling, Thomas Lennon, Christina Pickles, Tom Selleck, James Michael Tyler, Maggie Wheeler, Reese Witherspoon, and Malala Yousafzai.

It has not yet been revealed what role BTS or the other guest stars will play in the special, which will premiere on HBO Max on May 27.

In past interviews with American media outlets and talk shows, BTS’s leader RM often spoke about learning English through watching the sitcom “Friends.”

Soompi

Spoiler

10. The lineup is insane. RM became a successful fan

11. Hul Friends;;; RM must be shocked

12. RM is seriously a successful fan. Congrats congrats

Source: pann-choa

3. Didn’t RM say he learned English from ‘Friends’? Daebak

7. BTS is crazy. Namjoon learned English while watching Friends, so I’m so excitedㅋㅋㅋ

Source: knetizen

Can’t help but think about how BTS, especially BTS’ leader RM, must be over the moon to be a part of the Friends TV reunion on HBO Max.

Were honestly looking forward to seeing BTS RM fulfill his fanboy dreams on this Friends reunion.

Spoiler

RM will be representing millions of people in Korea who learned English by watching the show.

Tweet Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 1

May 14, 2021

This is RM: The Come Up | MTV Music

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

May 14, 2021

RM's 'mono.' was up 20% in US unit sales this week.

:cutekitty:

May 12, 2021

Ken Lewis Instagram Story

Dialing my ears this afternoon to one of my favorite mixes of one of my favorite songs, "Seoul" by RM, leader of BTS. We finished this mix at my studio the day after RM with BTS addressed the entire UN General Assembly. Concert at Newark arena 2 days later sitting next to Lori and Pdogg, life doesn't get better.

VFei4MX.jpg

Spoiler
On 1/27/2021 at 3:17 PM, bohmi said:

Ken Lewis did a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) on January 20.

He mentioned RM.

Question: Did you meet BTS in person? How was your experience with them?

Ken Lewis: Not all of them, RM was at my studio finishing his solo EP (mono.) the day after he spoke at the UN General Assembly. That was pretty special :-)  :wub:

Ken Lewis is a producer, mixing engineer, songwriter, musician.

Source: @LemonamuRM

5F9LnWM.jpg

oogaFqZ.jpg

Spoiler

Source (1) | Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

May 15, 2021

#everythingoes, #badbye, #don’t on KX FM Laguna Beach, California.

#everythingoes — RM (with Nell)

#badbye — RM (with eAeon)

#don’t — eAeon (feat. RM)

Week 3! Fighting!

Source (1) (2) (3)

• Like 1

May 13, 2021

About BTS new single, “Butter”

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, RM from the group described it as being “very energetic..and very summery. It has a very dynamic performance.”

The song is also said to have a “superstar glow” and sound “smooth like butter.”

Source (1) (2)

RM is in the Composing and Writing credits for Butter!

oSyJKsP.jpg

“What’s notable is that RM is once again listed on the credits for the new BTS song. RM has been consistently worked on BTS’ title tracks & b-sides since debut and has been recognized for his outstanding musical abilities. This is why expectations for the new song are rising.”

May 11, 2021

The Game Caterers X Run BTS! EP. 141

Each member wrote three wishes (total 21 wishes) + production team added some wishes (total 100 wishes) and put them in bag. RM got second place in Music Quiz, so he could do it (the lucky draw) three times.

Amazingly, RM got the one he wrote. Na PD looked shocked because RM wrote Louis Vuitton :lol:. It means that RM will get Louis Vuitton items from Na PD/The Game Caterers team.

Here, RM also mentioned Virgil Abloh (artistic director of Louis Vuitton’s menswear).

RM: I got something I wrote myself... ;):D
RM: Louis Vuitton
RM: Are you watching this, Virgil?! :D

Spoiler

Virgil Abloh responded with quoted the video while giving folded hands emoji 99BfunW.jpg

On the next episode, the video showed that RM got his Louis Vuitton gift. :blush:

Spoiler

RM’s gifts from Na PD were LOUIS VUITTON Monogram Watercolor Bucket Hat ($690) & LV Friends Clémence Notebook ($295). :thumbsup:

Spoiler

• Like 1

May 17, 2021

BTS x McD: would u share a fry with RM?

McDonalds Twitter:

McDonalds Instagram:

Other:

Tokopedia

93Y72Zn.gif

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1