Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Han Hyo-joo, Lee Jong-seok confirm new MBC melodrama W

by girlfriday | March 28, 2016 | 14 Comments

HanHyoJoo_LeeJongSeok1.jpg

Remember this? I’m sure you do, since it’s the new drama that’s been courting Lee Jong-seok (Pinocchio, Doctor Stranger) and Han Hyo-joo (Love, Lies, Beauty Inside) to headline. The new drama, called W, now has confirmations from both stars and a green light for a broadcast this summer on MBC.

The new project is a pretty exciting mix of cast and crew, since it comes from writer Song Jae-jung of Nine and Queen In-hyun’s Man, and PD Jung Jae-yoon of the hit com-com She Was Pretty. They’re still being very tight-lipped about the story, so all we know so far is that it’ll be a 16-episode “romantic suspense melodrama” about a thirtysomething man and woman. Heck, I don’t even know if the title is Double You or W.

Han Hyo-joo hasn’t done a television series since 2010’s Dong Yi, and has had a number of successes in film that have kept her busy since. She’s really grown on me in the last few years, and I especially loved her in her recent movie Beauty Inside. Lee Jong-seok doing a new drama is far more common an occurrence around these parts, but I’m excited for the team-up since I think they’ll make a good pair, and they’ll be working with a strong writer who will actually deliver on the romance and the suspense.

Shoots are scheduled to begin in May, and W is slated to follow Lucky Romance on Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning in July.

#Welcomeback #MeloQueen #Suspense

• Like 2

Lee Jong Seok and Han Hyo Joo Both Confirm Mysterious Romance Drama W

Posted on March 28, 2016 by ockoala

aso

W is the story of a female surgeon who goes in search of her missing father, and is kidnapped by a mysterious man, and thereafter they encounter a romance through various realities. It sounds insane to pull off but the screenwriter of W did Queen In Hyun’s Man and Nine: Nine Times Time Travels (and The Three Musketeers), so I have faith the idea of zapping through dimensions and whatnot isn’t something too far out of the writer’s reach. W is slated to air after Hwang Jung Eum and Ryu Jun Yeol‘s Lucky Romance.

• Like 2

Posted by LJS fan from twitter

‘W’ ONE-LINE SYNOPSIS

hitoritabi:

Hyojoo’s character is a surgeon; her father is a doctor but also a comic book artist in his free time. Jongsuk’s character is the main character in that comic. One day, she finds out that the main character will be killed off and enters the world of comics to save him.

hmmmm sounds interesting (not sure though if this one is legit) but if this come to pass i'm expecting some action scenes from this one especially from Hyo Joo & i love to see Hyo Joo in a Doctor's uniform again! she look great with it:wub:(LOVE 911 movie) though i doubt if the story will be centered of her being a surgeon:D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

[edaily star in reporter Kim Yunji] Scriptwriter Song Jae-jung will return through MBC.

On 4 Mar a related personnel from MBC has indicated that “ ‘W’ is confirmed to be the drama following MBC’s 'Lucky Romance’ which will be released in May.” 'W’ is a story about a venture capitalist and a female surgeon. Even though both of them live in Seoul in 2016, they seem like living in two different worlds. It is a legend full of suspenses which intertwines between reality and illusion. Writer Song Jae-jung has derived great fun from time-travel TV series like 'Nine: Nine Time Travels’ and 'Queen In-hyun’s Man’ on tvN. Hence her new work 'W’ is being well anticipated.

The first two episodes of the script have been released. Both male and female leading roles, Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo, are popular choices. Lee Jong-suk is now shooting Chinese-Korean TV drama 'Jade Lover’ in China while Han Hyo-joo’s movie 'Haeohwa’ will be on screen in April. Once confirmed, the two episodes which have been released will go into production.

Writer Song Jae-jung who penned tvN’s 'The Three Musketeers’, MBC’s 'High Kick!’ and Director Jung Dae-yoon who directed MBC’s 'She Was Pretty’ last year have found common interest together. This drama will be broadcasted in mid-July this year.

Lee Jong Suk photo source: edailyDB

Translated by: @joanna5959
Proofread by: @SukkieBB
Layout by: @dfwxc316 
Cr:  Lee Jong Suk JSHINE

im sooo glad & thankful that Lee Jong Suk fans are very supportive & like our Hyo Joo being paired up with him:wub:

cr:LJS Soompi Thread

• Like 4

Guest kaz11

For awhile I forgot about Love, Lies because of how excited I was about her drama comeback, after all, it was the medium where I loved her first. Lol but I will always love her in films more.Some info:

Media Screening will be on April 4th (Monday). You guys know what this means, right? The verdict will be out from the media and some critics.More importantly, we'll get to see her again in a press conference. Maybe we'll see her dance this time?

VIP screening - April 11th.

Guest kaz11

So many articles on Hyo Joo's confirmation. The content is pretty much the same for all.

Han Hyo-joo to return to TV after 6 years

15-02(178).jpg

Actress Han Hyo-joo, 29, will take the lead role in the TV drama "W," which will air in July on MBC.

This is Han's return to the small screen following her last role in another MBC drama, "Dong Yi." In that epic drama, Han starred with top actor Ji Jin-hee.

"W" is a 16-series suspense melodrama. It will also co-star actor Lee Jong-seok, 27, who appeared in dramas such as "Doctor Stranger" (2014) and "Pinocchio" (2014).

Han has been active in recent years on the big screen in movies such as "Cold Eyes" (2013), "C'est Si Bon" (2015) and "The Beauty Inside" (2015). She has won several awards in recognition for her performances, winning Best Actress at the Blue Dragon Film Awards and Buil Film Awards.

Her latest movie, "Love, Lies" will open in theaters on April 13. In the domestic period drama film, she portrays Korea's last "gisaeng" who dreamed of becoming a top singer during the Japanese occupation of the peninsula (1910-1945).

Han Hyo-joo heading back to TV

29200543.jpg

Actress Han Hyo-joo is returning to the small screen after a six-year hiatus.

Han’s agency, BH Entertainment, announced Tuesday that she will be starring in the new MBC drama series “W.” 

“W” is the first drama Han has been cast in since the MBC historical drama “Dong Yi” back in 2010.

“W,” consisting of 16 episodes, will feature actor Lee Jong-seok as Han’s male counterpart. The melodrama will start airing in July. 

Han started her career on the popular sitcom “Nonstop 5” (2004-05). Her acting prowess was brought to the fore in the drama “Dong Yi,” for which she won multiple awards at the 2010 MBC Drama Awards.

Han then shifted her focus to the big screen, taking on roles in movies like “Masquerade” (2012), “Cold Eyes” (2013) and “Love, Lies,” which will be opening in theaters on April 13.

By Jeong Byung-ki

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3016820

Guest kaz11

Han Hyo Joo Confirms July Small Screen Comeback

2016.03.30 10:04  bntnews Woorim Ahn

Actress Han Hyo Joo was casted in drama W as the female leading role. 

According to her agency BH Entertainment on March 29, Han Hyo Joo confirmed to appear in MBC’s new drama W with Lee Jong Suk.

Han Hyo Joo Confirms July Small Screen Comeback

After her drama Dong Yi, she poured everything out for her films Masquerade, Love 911, Cold Eyes,Beauty Inside and others. However, based on her trust with the drama’s staffs, she confirmed her appearance and decided to make comeback to the small screens after six years. 

W is written by Song Jae Jung, who previously made Nine, Man of Queen Inhyeon and others and producer Jung Dae Yoon, who produced She Was Pretty, will be directing it, so the mass public is paying attention to the drama. 

The drama is a romantic suspense melodrama that consists of 16 episodes and it will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays from July. 

Meanwhile, Han Hyo Joo has her movie Love, Lies premiere ahead on April 13. 

Photo credit: bntnews DB

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/104009/han-hyo-joo-confirms-july-small-screen-comeback

feeling really ecstatic right now ... just came into soompi to be greeted with this news ... i have long wanted lee jong suk and han hyo joo together in a drama!!  woo hoo!! the drama sounds interesting ... and i am totally happy to see my favorite actress back in the small screen!! :w00t::wub:

• Like 3

yayyyy!!!so many news & articles on Hyo Joo's return in small screen!i can't breath!!!hehe i'm just so happy that there's so many news on Hyo Joo and this thread is getting active and livelier:D

Anyway let's take a break on our excitement on Hyo Joo's drama comeback and let's not forget her forhtcoming movie LOVE,LIES hehe,so here's a breather:D

"Loves, Lies" Han Hyo-joo, innocence VS provocative

photo707291.jpg

Playing two roles at once is extreme. Han Hyo-joo is doing just that im the movie "Loves, Lies".

In "Loves, Lies" Han Hyo-joo goes from a sweet and innocent gisaeng to a provocative gisaeng who does whatever it takes to get the song she wants to sing.

At first, So-yool (Han Hyo-joo) is innocent. She looks elegant in the blue Hanbok who only has her eyes set for Jeong-ga.

She starts to change when she starts dreaming of becoming a public singer. She becomes provocative in the dress with black laces. Her hair goes through a major transformation and her red lips contrast her drastically from her innocent days.

Han Hyo-joo's "Loves, Lies" is the story of the last gisaeng in 1943. So-yool faces her friend Yeon-hee (Cheon Woo-hee) because she wants to sing Yoon-woo's (Yoo Yeon-seok) song.

• Like 3

I loved that the drama thread is moving so fast and people liking the otp... :D

So far I've seen good reviews of Hyo Joo matching Jong Suk except some of the comments in the korean articles (as usual)..

Tbh, I've never tried to follow a drama's live filming and updates cuz sometimes the thread moves even faster but I'm so gonna try when W starts.. :P

• Like 2

KAhhhhh, never would have thought that this day is coming (>O<)
I'm in cloud nine right now :DD at last for so many years, our dreams have come true :wub:

@leianji i immediately thought of you when i heard this news, still remembered that you have always wanted them to be paired together in a drama :lol: happy happy together :D

• Like 3

jurassicet:  yeah ... i know ... and i got my wish at long last!!  i hope the drama is going to be a hit!! which i have no doubt at all is going to happen!!  imagine han hyo joo ... then sukkie ... in a drama??!! and the writer is the one that wrote one of my really favorite drama 'nine times time travel' ... i mean ... WOW! hahaha!  yep! lets both dance with happiness together ... the only downside is that ... its still so far away ... sigh! :rolleyes:

waiting in anticipation ...

• Like 1