Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Han Hyo Joo managed to do a recording with Brown Eyed Soul

71812593.jpg

source: DC

I have this wish that since I have seen Hyo Joo do a duet with Lee SeungGi, I also wish to see her do a duet with JaeJoong and Lee Junki. Awww, I think I'll spazz all day if that happens. :lol:

regarding Dong Yi, I'm glad ratings are not affected by the strike. That'll inspire the entire crew amidst the present problem they're facing now.    :)

Guest orangemonkie

hahaha, thanks for sharing, kozuesan!

more pictures:

fb26f9f29194fc8e0a46e0aa.jpg

bf522fb55eb3a9368bd4b2aa.jpg

7437b4352d57b70b251f14a9.jpg

74d25a50658333ca8c5430a9.jpg

bffb2038d65dbdb63a87cea9.jpg

Edit:

viewership ratings: DY vs Giant

AGB

Dong Yi

Korea: 27.7% [+0.3%]

Seoul: 30.1% [+0.1%]

Giant

Korea: 22.6% [+0.4%]

Seoul: 23.1% [+0.3%]

TNS

Dong Yi

Korea: 29.5% [-0.8%]

Seoul: 31.8% [-0.7%]

Giant

Korea: 23.7% [+0.6%]

Seoul: 22.9% [+0.7%]

Han Hyo Joo to collaborate with Brown Eyed Soul

Before Brown Eyed Soul’s official third album releases, they plan to first unveil a song titled ‘You (그대)’ featuring actress Han Hyo Joo.

This is the first time an actress will collaborate with Brown Eyed Soul’s, thus the expectations for both Han Hyo Joo and the group are high. The recording with Han Hyo Joo was done in secret, but the members revealed that the mood of the recording studio was bright and easy-going – like the actress herself.

A representative of Brown Eyed Soul said, “Han Hyo Joo’s pure voice and sincere image matched well with the concept of ‘You (그대)”, therefore the members have high expectations for the song.”

You (그대) will be released on various music sites on September 8th.

Meanwhile, Brown Eyed Soul will be kept busy throughout the year, with the release of leader Jung Yup’s single album in September as well as his solo concert, the release of Brown Eyed Soul’s third album in October, and then the national tour in December.

source: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/han-hyo-joo-to-feature-for-brown-eyed-soul

Guest oscarvxd

Based on the above pictures, it does seem like the recording session was cheerful and bright.

DY is still taking the #1 spot over Giant. That is great.

kozuesan: When did she have a duet with Lee Seung Gi?

Guest currysushi33

@oscarvxd i think thats refering to LSG and HHJ performing together at SBS drama awards ..

......do knw wat i wish for ...a JAEJOO DUET!!!! :lol:

Guest orangemonkie

cool! the song is available tmr! :w00t:

Edit:

DongYi BTS

f87978348b6634dca9018eaa.jpg

bb229120e42280768744f9aa.jpg

bd63284ea1e6ca6609f7efaa.jpg

0972af91e301210ed1135ea9.jpg

MBC is looking into extending Dong Yi to another 10 episodes from its original 50 episodes. It is scheduled to end on October 12, 2010.

Guest currysushi33

awww orangemonkie u beat me to it...lol...

.....heres full article from dramabeans

Giant gets an extension, Dong Yi considers its second             by javabeans 

SBS’s Giant and MBC’s Dong Yi have  been strong rivals in the ratings for months now, both bringing in  ratings surpassing 20% (with the latter closer to 30%). Now both dramas  have been extended, Dong Yi for the second time.

On September 7, a source with SBS’s drama department stated that Giant,  originally scheduled for 50 episodes, will be given an added 10, and  will now end on Episode 60. This means that the start date for the  following drama, Athena, has been pushed back a month to December.

Dong Yi had already been given 10 extra episodes in July, is  now contemplating an additional 10-episode extension that would bring  the total number of episodes to 70.

In other news, Dong Yi resumed filming  after the labor strike was resolved, and was only barely able to air  its 49th episode on September 6. In fact, the episode only finished  filming at 9 pm, and as of broadcast time (9:55 pm), the editors still  hadn’t finished with the episode. The drama finally made it onto the  air, but 15 minutes late. (SBS aired public service advertising to fill  the time.)

Viewers were apparently displeased with the drop in quality of the  episode, which featured some odd editing and music choices. For example,  the episode was a pretty big one, plotwise:  I was curious enough  about the insane time-crunch antics to watch the episode, and thought it  okay, though choppy. However, this choice was lambasted by viewers, and  some are even demanding a re-edited broadcast.

oscarvxd,

yes, I'm referring to the HwanSung duet during the SBS drama awards last year.

thanks for the pictures, especially the smiling Hyo Joo pictures, orangemonkie.

thanks for the news bashful. And September 8 is tomorrow  :w00t:  ! Hope we get to hear the single, "You"! I'm both nervous and excited. I hope she did well.

she looks really pretty in this scene in episode 50. I have a feeling this was filmed yesterday or this morning because she doesn't look tired in this one

9e501.jpg

9e502.jpg

I feel guilty knowing that what is happening in this significant scene but I just can't help but comment on this picture. :sweatingbullets: 

Guest orangemonkie

hahaha, oops.

hmm, i didn't find the episode choppy eh. i was probably too engrossed with the drama to notice all the above-mentioned flaws. hahaha.

hahaha, you're welcome kozuesan. yea! she looks adorable when she stuck out her tongue! hahaha!! :w00t:

The Single is out! :D

Download here: http://www.4shared.com/file/Cnh4dHul/Brown_Eyed_Soul_-_You.html

Youtube link:

The song is really cute and has an American 50s theme to it! Hyo Joo surprisingly sounds great!! I wish she was featured in it more though :( Hyo Joo's sweet voice definitely makes the song a lot more appealing and effective.. The original version sounds a bit bland to me, but then again I'm bias :lol:

Guest oscarvxd

I sure hope the extension for Dong Yi would not end up like what it did for Queen Seon Duk.

Other than that, I found the song slightly bland as well but HHJ does make it seem nicer.

wooaaaah! I listened to the song and I love it. It's a good song to listen to when driving especially on  a long trip. But that's just me though since I am a fan of that genre. :lol: . And you are right about the 50's feel. Reminds me of the Platters and cascades. And I agree, Hyo Joo's sweet voice did make it more appealing. And I loved her giggle at 3:20 :lol:.

Guest beeboo86

@kozuesan: Somehow the 2 pictures you've posted of episode 50, it seems to me like she's lost a bit of weight. =\

@bashful & oscarxvd: Although the song's nice and relaxing, I hated it just because she wasn't featured enough, I seriously thought she was going to sing a lot more instead of just singing like a back up singer! *angry* Even towards the end, the "la la la la" part, they could've just let her sing it, it'd be nice to have her sing that part too :( Nonetheless, love her voice, her voice in singing definitely matured compared to the previous songs she did. I love it when the voice gets to lower tone a bit. I think she did a very very very good job in this song. SHE SHOULD BE FEATURED MORE, UNFAIR!

Hey guys! :)

Some random news pertaining to Hyo Joo recently!

Netizens have noticed that Chae Jung Ahn resembles Hyo Joo in this photo:

201009081046551001_1.jpg

They're saying they are both beautiful and share the same height (172cm) as well as the same tall, slim figure.

source: http://news.nate.com/view/20100908n12657

I personally don't really see the resemblance but Chae Jung Ahn is really pretty! :)

In this news...

Hyo Joo was voted #1 in a survey poll conducted by www.tourbaksa.com with 869 participants. The survey ran from August 3rd to September 4th and it's about which celebrity you would want to go traveling with on a ferry. Hyo Joo garnered 45.1% (392 votes), Lee Hyori came in second place with 31.9% (278 votes), and Im Yoona of SNSD was in third place with 20% (174 votes). They chose Hyo Joo because of her friendly image :)

source: http://news.nate.com/view/20100907n26465

Random photos :)

A Hyo Joo Samsung VLUU ad seen in the background of this My Girlfriend is a Gumiho episode :D

e08100902hdtvh264-fullavi_000426225_kaa369.jpg

An old photo from the AMAHAE days.. She looks so gorgeous <3 I hope she goes back to this look after completing Dong Yi!

Picture5-14.png

Outtakes from the Fall catalogue of VIKI

67696484.jpg

2010-09-06_123718.jpg

-1.jpg

2010-09-06_123637.jpg

20100906072116823.jpg

& a fanmade drawing :)

Picture3.png

611xg.jpg

711j.jpg

811k.jpg

911x.jpg

thanks for the news, bashfulharmony. It's always nice to know that Hyo joo's name appears in a lot of surveys about who people  want to hang out with because of her friendly image. ^_^  It's like people see the beauty inside.

In an interview also, Brown Eyed Soul described their recording as having a bright and friendly atmostphere, just like how they would describe Han Hyo Joo.

beeboo86,

You are right, she does look thinner.

Making of the lotte card CF where she was at the market

I used to sing the song they were using when I was just a little kid, lolz.. :lol:

And here is a CF of the grand mint festival where Hyo joo will be singing with NO REPLY. She does not appear in this CF, though but I just want to share it.

Guest shy_hyo

miss u guys..............................really miss you so much........

i've been away too long, damn!!!!

really happy to read some good news about SDA 2010.....

did someone tell sayuri about Korean wave award belongs to Hyo Joo??

sayuri chan....hope that you read this....Hyo Joo got Korean wave awards at SDA 2010...

domo arigatou kosaimatzu....for all your help to promoting Hyo Joo...

thank you so much for all Hyo Joo fans for all your effort.....

i miss u so much guys, really...hi, everyone....

bashful_harmony, primeo,oscarvxd, orangemonkie,fujiwara,sayuri,suncine,vesica, oh.....i can't remember who else...

it's nice for being here again, yey.......can't wait to hear HJ's voice....hahaha..

Thanks bashful and kozuesan for the nice pics and news.

Regarding the song, I was surprised that she sounded good here, perhaps due to studio recording. When she was on stage with LSG, she was tense and sang softly. I think with more practice, she can become a potential singer.

Regarding DY ep49 & 50, I don't believe in real-time editing and 'live' broadcasting of some scenes. I mean 'live' broadcasting can be for those talk shows and etc, not for dramas as they bound to have NGs. Editing is definitely not an easy job, can be time consuming. I do agree that the choice of ending song in ep49 is wrong as though it's "celebrating" the death of QI. Nevertheless, I do believe that they're working round the clock to make up for the loss of time due to strike and typhoon.

On extension of DY, official is 60 eps now, another 10 eps is just a rumour and I doubt the actors would agree to it.

Regarding the international fan site, I would like to inform that I've decided not to proceed with my idea as I didn't get the support I would like to.

I think I'll be commenting less and becoming a silent reader instead but I will visit this thread often for my dose of HHJ and yes this place has become my stress reliever now. As beeboo86 mentioned earlier about the mix feelings, I would say I can only picture knowing her and talking to her in my dreams but once I'm awake it has to go back to reality where I'm supposed to work to earn money and spend time with my family. I do have a SG friend who was a fan of a HK star and later they became good friends. This is possible because the person is a committee of the international fan club and has communication with the manager and the star. After they met a few times, they become acquainted and later good friends.

Take care everyone :)