Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I was waiting for her to star in a Japanese film or drama ever since she signed with Flamme, the Japanese talent agency a few years back ago. I'm glad to see that she's going to be in this project. Ngl, the first thing that came into my mind when I found out she was going to be in a Japanese project was that she's going to tower over everyone lol.I don't know much about Japanese entertainment but I do know that Arashi are basically like gods in Japan lol, and one of the members is the lead in this movie so I'm sure it will do well with movie tickets and attendance. I worry though, about the possibility of prejudice against Hyo Joo because I know there are Japanese people who don't like Korean artists/entertainers coming into the Japanese market so... I hope there is no backlash. 
I wonder when filming will start though, since its release date is in the Fall. I'm guessing it will begin early Spring or late Winter though. I hope that this movie isn't the only thing she'll be in in 2014... I don't know how I will fare if I will have to deal with Hyo Joo only starring in one thing for another whole year lol. 

http://eiga.com/news/20131225/1/
Here is an article talking abt the people behind the movie and also the story. Its in Japanese so I cannot understand it properly but there is an whole paragrah on HHJ so can someone translate it? BTW it is indeed a Christmas Miracle, I thought we would be getting some news in the middle of January but this is sooooo much better :D . Merry Christmas to all my fellow HHJ fans and Happy Christmas Eve to all the ones in North America! Hope 2014 is the year where HHJ has more acclaim and love from her work n even wider spread in fame considering her new movie. Also can we all agree we would love to see her more? Keep that in ur New Years wish as a bonus haha.

Official website for the film:http://miracle-movie.com/

Asianwiki's page for the film:http://asianwiki.com/Miracle_Debikuro%27s_Love_and_Magic_(Miracle_Debikuro_kun_no_Koi_to_Mahou)

Hikari (Masaki Aiba) works at a book store. He is a kind person, but his kindness often makes him look pathetic. Hikari hopes to become a manga writer. At night he sprays mysterious flyers "Debikuro Communication". One day, he meets someone via fate.

Anna (Nana Eikura) has been Hikari’s friend since they were children. So-Young (Han Hyo-Joo), who is a world famous lighting designer, happens to know Hikari. Kitayama (Toma Ikuta) graduated from the same university as Hikari. Kitayama is also a popular manga writer. 

The love lives of these four people makes a miracle at Christmas night.

ETA: filming will begin in January according to this

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :)

Hello to all ... And Merry Christmas! It's past Christmas Eve now ... So suffice to say ...it's Christmas Day! Hahahaha! I hope everyone here have a good one! Fujiwara no sai: hi! It's okay ...at least you remember, right?! Hahaha! It would be great to have them really together! Now ... It's my turn to ask who Chris Evans is? Hahahaha! But I guess whoever hoy joo gets paired with in the future will be okay... Jurassicet: I love fiction and mangas! And you? Hahaha! KSH is Kim Soo Hyun .... He is the one in SBS show 'you from another star'(?) ...hope I got that title correct! I was thinking that like them hyo joo and junho gets a drama to bank on their chemistry too... Okay! I am excited with this prospect of a japanese film for hyo joo! And I love ikuta toma! Though I guess she may get paired with the arashi guy, right? My fave in the arashi group is jun! Hahahaha! Hope we get to hear more details on this and her other plans for 2014!

bashful_harmony said: Official website for the film:http://miracle-movie.com/

Asianwiki's page for the film:http://asianwiki.com/Miracle_Debikuro%27s_Love_and_Magic_(Miracle_Debikuro_kun_no_Koi_to_Mahou)

Hikari (Masaki Aiba) works at a book store. He is a kind person, but his kindness often makes him look pathetic. Hikari hopes to become a manga writer. At night he sprays mysterious flyers "Debikuro Communication". One day, he meets someone via fate.

Anna (Nana Eikura) has been Hikari’s friend since they were children. So-Young (Han Hyo-Joo), who is a world famous lighting designer, happens to know Hikari. Kitayama (Toma Ikuta) graduated from the same university as Hikari. Kitayama is also a popular manga writer. 

The love lives of these four people makes a miracle at Christmas night.

ETA: filming will begin in January according to this

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :)

Merry christmas to ya all :D and merry christmas to HHJ too :x
@leianjiYay, i like reading mangas too, especially Bleach :DD Haha Owh, silly me, how can i forget him, he was the one who act as a king in the drama (The moon embracing the sun). :DD Masumoto Jun? XD i remembered him the most cause one of my friends look like him hahaha (although she is a girl)I think HHJ will pair up with the 2nd lead male guy because she is also the supporting actress or four of them are main actor/actress?  just my guess =)

I am so thrilled with this news :D i want to know more about it. There is apparently some news in the FlaMme official website about HHJ's new movie. Here is the website http://www.flamme.co.jp/home/ i normally translate the page from Japanese to English, but google translate can be crap sometimes.So the next project is still a movie, but at least this is a special one, cause this is the first time HHJ participate in Jmovie :D Yeepee :))

happy holidays, everybody!

Arashi’s Masaki Aiba gets his first starring film role in “Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho”

By Kevin Ouellette (Dec 25, 2013 - 6:26 AM EST)miracle-cast.jpg

On Wednesday it was annouinced that Masaki Aiba of the boy band Arashi will get his first solo starring film role in Isshin Inudo’s Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho. Aiba previously worked with Inudo on 2007’s Yellow Tears, in which all of Arashi was featured.

Aiba’s co-stars will include Toma Ikuta, South Korean actress Han Hyo-joo, and Nana Eikura. The film will depict the love of these four characters creating a miracle on Christmas night.

The movie is based on a 2013 novel by Kou Nakamura (100 Kai Naku Koto) which was inspired by singer-songwriter Tatsuro Yamashita’s classic Japanese Christmas song, “Christmas Eve”.

Aiba will play Hikaru, a mildly incompetent bookstore employee who’s just a bit too nice for his own good. Hikaru is an aspiring manga artist, and distributes mysterious “Debikuro Communication” flyers at night.

Eikura will play a childhood friend of Hikaru’s named Anna who always watches over him, Han will play a world-famous lighting designer named So-yeon who gets to know Hikaru through a random coincidence, and Ikuta will play a former university classmate of Hikaru’s named Kitayama who’s gone on to become a hugely popular manga artist.

“Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho” will be released in Japan in Fall 2014.

Source: Eiga.com

http://eigapedia.com/blog/arashis-masaki-aiba-gets-his-first-starring-film-role-in-miracle-debikuro-k

~ and the RELATIONSHIP CHART: 

Embedded image permalink

Source: JapaneseDorama&Movie

hikari means "light" and her character is a lighting designer. that's cute^^. this should be interesting. japan makes some of the best romance movies (pure love/fantasy, etc) and i hope this would turn out to be one of those. plus filming overseas will be a good learning experience for her as an actress.

Hey you guys !! i have heard that news.  So happy and surpprised. ^^. there a video released yesterday about the cast here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyBpTnnX3-Yit seems that the movie gets a lot of attentions from Netizens cause Aiba Chan (Ashahi member) and  Toma Ikuta are really hottt in Japan. Lol she has love-line with both actors. Wondering at last she will be a couple with whom?   
;)) spoil for Aiba Chan character:
A kind and generous book-seller, Hikari had a dream to become a picture-book author. But, when the darkness wrap the city, he transform into a mysterious figure, 「Debikuro」-kun, and dropped an illustrated message (called "Debikuro's message") on various place, like postcards, telephone pole, and even on car's front windows. The only person who knows this secret is Anna, his best friend and number one fan of Debikuro.
Hikari, a person who didn't wish for the world too much and expect nothing from people.When it comes to night, 「Debikuro」-kun, a figure who transmit his message without stop.The only 'light' linked this two personality is a sudden love fate...

class="entry-title" style="font-size: 2.4em; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Han Hyo-joo Cast in Issin Inudo’s New Film

Korean actress Han Hyo-joo will start filming her first-ever Japanese movie by renowned Japanese director Issin Inudo.

Han has been cast in Inudo’s new Japanese movie “Miracle Debikuro Gun’s Love and Magic” (translated title), her agency BH Entertainment said in a press release Thursday.

Opposite to Japanese top idol group Arashi’s member Aiba Masaki, the actress will take on world-renowned Korean lighting designer in the novel-turned-movie.

Based on named novelist Nakamura Kou’s “Cry 100 Times” inspired by Yamasita Tasturo’s legend J-pop “Christmas Eve,” the movie will be helmed by famed director Isshin Inudo of “Josee, the Tiger and the Fish” and “House of Himiko.”

“I have always loved films by Issin Inudo and I’m very glad to join his new film as a big fan of him. While reading the scenario, I thought it is a heart-warming story which has two sides in it, realistic yet pure and innocent yet mature,” Han showed her excitement.

The movie’s producing firm Asumic Ace also showed their satisfaction that, “We have decided cast Han with her pure and refreshing image. Her various filmography also proved her wide spectrum of acting and great acting skills. We’re very glad to work with her.”

Co-starring Japanese model-turned-actress Nana Eikura and idol star Toma Ikuta, the movie will crank in next January and open in the Japanese theaters next Autumn.

Reporter. Cory Lee
Photographer. Gue Hye-jung photonine@tenasia.co.kr

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

source

I'm very curious about what the storyline is... Mostly curious about Hyo Joo's part in the film though, of course lol. I wonder what her connection to the other characters will be. I hope she has a good amount of screentime! I'd like to see her end up with Ikuta Toma though.

Some more info about the novel/film :)
Info About "MIRACLE ~ Debikuro-kun no koi to maho" movieThe movie’s title is Miracleデビクロくんの恋と魔法, and the story is based on the best-selling book of the same name by Nakamura Kou (中村航). The story revolves around the love stories of two men and two women. Aiba will play the main lead 光, a man who works in a bookstore but dreams of becoming a manga artist. His character is introverted and timid, and very passive when it comes to love. But at night, he turns into the mysterious character デビクロ… The romantic relations between the four main characters becomes complex, but a miracle will occur on Christmas eve…

Aiba Masaki, who was born on Christmas eve, says that to be cast in this movie is like something that has been determined by fate. This will be the first time Aiba co-stars with Eikura Nana and Hyo-ju Han. Eikura Nana will play Aiba’s character’s childhood love 杏奈 while Hyo-ju Han plays a lighting designer that Aiba’s character 光 meets. This is Hyo-ju Han’s first role in a Japanese movie.

Ikuta Toma will play 光’s friend from university, a popular manga author Kitayama (北山). Ikuta has revealed that this movie will have animated elements to it. He doesn’t know exactly what the final effect of these animations will looks like, but he promises that he will do his best in his part of the movie [x]

source
This movie sounds just right up Hyo Joo's alley with it being a romance film and having artistic elements with a nice message lol. It totally seems like something she would like. I'm very curious and excited for this film ^_^ Hopefully there will be many photos from filming on set.

December 27, 2013
Han Hyo-joo to Take Lead Role in a Japanese FilmA Collaboration with Director, Inudou Isshin by Song Soon-jin KOBIZ
oTupAGEekCDzwkMDGiIJ.jpg
HAN Hyo-joo has been on a roll recently with Masquerade and Cold Eyes on Korean screens but she is now expanding her stage to Japanese movie making scene. She has been decided to star in Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho, a new production by Inudou Isshin, who is also a well-known in Korea for his Josee, The Tiger And The Fish, La Maison De Himiko, Yellow Tears and Zero Focus.
 Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho is based on a novel by Nakamura Kou which was inspired by a song called “Christmas Eve”, released in 1983 by a Japanese musician, Yamashita Tatsuro. The film has been catching much attention as Aiba Masaki, a member of an idol group, Arashi, will take the main character. Aiba Masaki and Inudo Isshin had previously worked together in 2007 on Yellow Tears. Set on the Christmas season, Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho begins a love story when a kind bookstore employee, Hikaru (Aiba Masaki’s role), meets three ladies. HAN Hyo-joo is one of those three, who is a world-famous lighting designer, So-yeon. Other co-stars are; Eikura Nana as Anna, Hikaru’s childhood friend, and Ikuta Toma plays Kitayama, Hikaru’s former university classmate and a popular manga artist. This new film will be released in the fall of 2014.

Thank you for all updates cinggu :)

finally.. she take new project. *happy dance
Hope Miracle debikuro's become daebak.. :)
*I think HJ give us hint before BH ent announce she has been cast at Miracle Debikuro's, she sang Tatsuro Yamashita "Christmas Eve" song and Isshin Inudo PD become guest at her Japan FM :)

Here, Tatsuro Yamashita song in English (click here) cr:jessy3433

At interview, she said that next year she will have tight schedule, hope one of her new project is drama [-O<

How i miss her in drama, while i'm searching i find last scene of spring waltz (cut off) (click here) cr: Janos Kiss
beautiful ending ^_^
*i'm sorry if i'm repost

Maybe 2014 will be the same like 2012, she filming 3 consecutive movie (Masquerade (Feb-June), Love 911 (June-Sept), and Cold Eyes (Oct-Feb)

Hope at 2014: japanese movie, k-drama, and k-movie. :)
Keep healthy and be happy uri HJ :)

SeungJoo MV - Tears Perfume by K-Will ft Neol Jeon Woo Sung
(click here) cr elf Rose

LSG considering SBS Drama You're Surrounded (cr: soompi), if i'm not mistaken early November, SBS staff post in DC that LSG will be lead male upcoming SBS drama, that drama will be broadcast around May and the lead female same age with him, could be uri HJ?? If LSG take a role lead male, the rumor to be true :)
LSG has sent love call to HJ at MBC‘s “Section TV Entertainment Talk” (cr: soompi) and uri HJ in her interview with naver want to work again with LSG (cr: speciallyforlsg) Hope they got good script and we can see SeungJoo couple again :D

You're Surrounded
PD: Yu In Sik (Incranation Money, History of Salaryman, Giant)
Writter: Lee Jung Sun (Ojakgyo Brother)

I kind of don't want her to take on a drama unless it's exceptionally well written and she is the main star, I don't want her to be second billed in dramas, when she's earned her acting stripes and recognition well enough. Films, I understand because that's where the more "elite" actors are in, but in dramas... where a majority of the actors nowadays are idols, no thank you. I have no problems with idol actors but I would prefer Hyo Joo to be the main star and focus of the drama. So I'd like to see her in a female-centric drama that mainly centers around the main female character and her struggles. 
I do miss her in dramas though, but I do not think there are any interesting upcoming dramas IMO. If she is planning on a drama comeback, it probably will be in mid or late 2014, since filming for Miracle film will probably take 2-3 months, so filming would end around March/April. Her schedule has to be free by the time promotion begins for the film in the Fall and I don't think she will be able to film a drama in Korea while promoting in Japan lol. So that would mean she would either have to do the drama in Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter. 

@bashful I completely agree with you on this. 
As much as I miss watching her in a drama, I can wait as long as its a good project with her the main star and movies would suffice for now if she can be along side Won Bin, Hyun Bin and other A-List actors. 
On top of my wish list however is a movie or a drama with MatsuJun and HHJ together. I think I'll go crazy if this happens hihihi.   [-O<