Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest orangemonkie

Hello soundtrack.! hahaha! brilliant legacy was indeed a fabulous kdrama! i've re-watch the drama for >4 times. hehe, recently i was tempted to watch it again! :sweatingbullets: hahaha!

hahaha! shy_hyo! i miss seungjoo couple too! ~.~

btw, some new photos from baidu. hahhaa

Samsung

cfc5ccdede71cd55622798ab.jpg

49e967a0de8f35cd461064ab.jpg

a retired baseball player tweeted about receiving an autograph from HHJ, and he said that this was the biggest gift!

htm_201009172247330107000001070100-001.jpg

Guest theresia_warner

thanks Orangemonkie for samsung photos. :D :D

I love her in that pictures. :wub:

Her hair is getting long. w00t.gifw00t.gif

I forgot to ask video from Viki Fall 2010 photoshoot.

can someone post it, please?

sorry I'm asking to much blush.gif.

With regards to bashful's post -

awww...poor girl :tears: . So when are we planning to kidnap her? Lolz, and Hyo Joo is supposed to be a good influence but she'll end up having kidnapper fans. :lol: 

Regarding DongYi, there was a 40 minute special that was shown and our random girl was at it again...she wore this 3D glasses with her dang-ui on which elicited laughter among the staff. She even got PD LBH to try it on...lolz, haha. :lol: . With just 5 hours of sleep a week,  I wonder where she gets this much energy? During behind the scene times of Dong Yi, there are times when I feel like Eunsung is zapped back to the Joseon times. :lol:  

20100917101236420501.jpg

credit: baidu

This is the link to the video for this

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=890807246

And me, too. I love the new samsung photo :w00t: 

If I was given that autograph, I think I would treasure it forever. Lucky fan.

And welcome to the thread, soundtrack. Aww, I love Brilliant Legacy! Except for her cry in episode 2 (I think) when her father died, I also feel this heaviness inside my heart whenver I see her cry.

I love HwanSung! And I miss seeing them on-screen, too. But I'm also fond of watching the JaeJoo couple's presscons and BTS. Awww, I have a traitor heart. :sweatingbullets: 

Theresia_warner,

I think I have not seen a video for VIKI Fall 2010 photoshoot. I hope somebody shares it with us if there is one.

Hey everyone! :) Sorry but this is another quick update from me :(

I'm not feeling too good this week :\

English translation of KDF, courtesy of o-cha from the Jang Hyuk thread :)

'추노', KDF 2010 최고상 작가상 수상(종합)

'Chuno', Winner of Best (Drama) and Best Writer Award

제빵왕 김탁구·동이·추노, KDF2010 각각 3개부문 수상

Baker King Kim Tak Goo, Dong Yi, Chuno, Receiving 3 Awards

KBS 2TV '제빵왕 김탁구', '추노', MBC '동이'가 2010 코리아 드라마 어워즈(Korea Drama Festival 2010, 이하 KDF 2010)에서 각각 3개의 상을 수상하는 영광을 안았다.

KBS 2TV's 'Baker King Kim Tak Goo', 'Chuno' and MBC's 'Dong Yi' had the honor of receiving 3 awards each from the Korea Drama Festivel 2010 (KDF 2010).

주최측은 16일 오전 서울 방송회관에서 수장작을 발표했다. 총 3차에 걸쳐 엄격한 심사기준으로 진행된 이번 심사는 총 9개 부문, 17명의 수상자를 가렸다.

Organizers announced the awards at a press conference on the 16th. This was after 3 rounds of strict screening criteria, encompassing 3 segments, and the total winner are 17 people.

전 현직 드라마 PD, 드라마 작가, 문화평론가, 기자 등 13명의 미디어전문가들로 구성된 심사위원들이 후보작들을 최종 선정했다.

Past and present drama PDs, drama writers, cultural critics, reporters and other made up the 13 media expert panel who made the selection.

시상식 대상에 해당하는 작품상에는 '동이', '아이리스', '인생은 아름다워', '제빵왕 김탁구', '추노' 등이 후보로 올랐으며, 최종 작품상은 '추노' 가 차지했다.

The nominees of Best Drama (Daesang) awards were 'Dong Yi', 'Iris', 'Life Is Beautiful', 'Baker King Kim Tak Goo', 'Chuno'. 'Chuno' took home the award.

남자주연상 역시 김수로(공부의 신), 이범수(자이언트), 이병헌(아이리스), 전광렬(제빵왕 김탁구)의 후보들을 제치고 '추노'에서 열연한 장혁이 차지했다.

The nominees for Male Actor were Kim Soo Ro (God of Study), Lee Bum Soo (Giant), Lee Byung Hun (Iris), Jeon Kwang Ryeol (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) but it was Jang Hyuk and his portrayal in 'Chuno' that won ahead of them.

여자주연상은 김태희(아이리스), 문근영(신데렐라 언니), 이미연(거상 김만덕), 한효주(동이) 등의 경합 후 한효주가 수상하게 됐다.

For the Female Actress Kim Tae Hee (Iris), Moon Geun Young (Cinderella's Unni), Lee Mi Yeon (Kim Man Deok), Han Hyo Joo (Dong Yi) were nominated. Han Hyo Joo won the award.

남녀조연상은 정동환(동이)과 김해숙(인생은 아름다워)이 각각 수상 예정이며, 남녀신인상은 최근 주가를 올리고 있는 신세대 배우인 윤시윤(제빵왕 김탁구)과 서우(신데렐라 언니)에게로 돌아갔다.

Supporting Actor and Actress went to Jung Dong Hwan (Dong Yi) and Kim Hae Sook (Life Is Beautiful). Best Newcomers went to Yoon Shi Yoon (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) and Seo Woo (Cinderella's Unni).

이로써 '제빵왕 김탁구'는 작가상(강은경),연출상(이정섭PD), 남자 신인상(윤시윤)을 차지했다.

'Baker King Kim Tak Goo' won Best Writer Award (Kang Eun Kyung), Best Director award (Lee Jung Sup PD), Best Male Newcomer award (Yoon Shi Yoon).

'추노'는 작가상(천성일), 남자 주연상(장혁), 작품상을 차지했다. '동이'는 남자조연상(정동환), 여자 주연상(한효주), 공로상(이병훈PD)를 받았다.

'Chuno' won Best Writer Award (Chun Sung Il), Best Actor award (Jang Hyuk), and Best Drama award. 'Dong Yi' won Best Supporting Actor (Jung Dong Hwan), Best Actress Award (Han Hyo Joo), Achievement Award (PD Lee Byung Hoon).

KDF 2010는 올해로 4회를 맞는 행사. 대외적으로는 한류열풍의 주요 문화콘텐츠인 드라마의 세계적 위상을 강화한다는 목표로, 또 드라마 관계자들만이 자축하는 형식적인 잔치가 아닌 놀고, 즐기고, 관람객이 직접 대화하는 축제로 승화시킨다는 의의를 갖는다.

KDS 2010 marks the 4th time it's ever conducted. The aim is to strengthen the position of drama contents in light of the Hallyu explosion in foreign markets.

특히 이번 시상식에는 중견배우인 이순재가 심사위원 및 홍보대사를 맡아 눈길을 끈다.

What attracted attention especially is Lee Sun Jae's appointment as the ambassador of the festival as he explained the vision of the festival

다음은 이밖에 수상자명단

The following is a list of winners

▲작가상(미니시리즈)=천성일(추노)▲작가상(연속극)=강은경(제빵왕 김탁구)▲연출상(미니시리즈)=김규태(아이리스)▲연출상(연속극)=이정섭(제빵왕 김탁구)▲프로듀서상=정태원(아이리스)▲뉴미디어상=위기일발 풍년빌라▲연기상(남자신인)=윤시윤(제빵왕 김탁구),(여자신인)=서우(신데렐라 언니)▲연기상(남자조연)=정동환(동이), (여자조연)=김해숙(인생은 아름다워), ▲연기상(남자주연)=장혁(추노), (여자주연)=한효주(동이)▲공로상=이병훈(동이)▲심사위원 특별상=김병욱(지붕뚫고 하이킥)▲작품상=추노 ▲인기상=투표중

- Best Writer Award (Mini Series) = Chun Sung Il (Chuno) - Best Writer Award (Serial drama) = Kang Eun Kyung (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) - Best Directing Award (Mini Series) = Kim Gyoo Tae (Iris) - Best Directing Award (Serial drama) = Lee Jung Sup (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) - Best Producer award = Jung Tae Won (Iris) - New Media Award = Good Harvest Villa - Best Acting Award (Male Newcomer) = Yoon Shi Yoon (Baker King Kim Tak Goo), (Female Newcomer) = Seo Woo (Cinderella's Sister) - Best Acting Award (Supporting Male) = Jung Dong Hwan (Dong Yi), (Supporting Female) = Kim Hae Sook (Life Is Beautiful) - Best Acting Award (Male) = Jang Hyuk (Chuno), (Female) = Han Hyo Joo (Dong Yi) - Achievement Award = Lee Byung Hoon (Dong Yi) - Judge's Special Award = Kim Byung Wook (Highkick Through The Roof) - Best Drama Award = Chuno - Popularity Award = by vote

source: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13573&view=findpost&p=16454064

- - - -

Han Hyo Joo makes her debut as singer together with No Reply

Currently busy with her Drama ‘Dong Yi’, Han Hyo Joo is the festival lady of this year’s Grand Mint Festival. Despite her murderous schedule, she had the shooting for the poster and the official trailer. She even participated as main vocal in the GMF song ‘Don’t You Know’.

The song has been composed and performed by No Reply, who are currently at their 2nd album activities.

At the recording September 14, she showed skills as good as a singer and did the prepared part flawlessly in a short time. At the drama set, Han Hyo Joo practiced and memorized the lyrics in the car every free time she had for a smooth recording.

No Reply and Han Hyo Joo’s single ‘Don’t You Know’ will be available on online music sites September 28.

source: http://violetsweets.blogspot.com/2010/09/han-hyo-joo-makes-her-debut-as-singer.html

Guest beeboo86

@kozuesan: lol it's kidnapper fans that are worried of her health. In a way, I think it's another way round, maybe she got this energy because she's getting only this much sleep, I get hyper, nuts and random whenever I lack of sleep for too long. Actually I've never heard of her celebrating her birthday with her fans like other celebrities.

@bashful: hope you'll get better soon.

That's a very good piece of news. Thanks bashful and take care. I notice that they (Koreans) usually announce the winners before the awards ceremony. So the nominees who didn't win don't really have to turn up for the ceremony and there are no surprises on that day. It's great to hear that Hyo Joo won against the other popular artistes. I would like to send her a congratulations card but don't have her official mail address.

shy_hyo, when I go to SG, I would like to meet up with you and orangemonkie. I had worked in SG for 3 years and quite familiar with the place, similarly with HK where I'm also very familiar with. I'm supposed to be there in June to meet my friends, cousin and aunt but due to personal reasons, had to postpone my trip.

Since we were talking recently about Hyo Joo's singing with Brown Eyed Soul and later with No Reply, have you heard of this solo? (I got the title from the 1st page of this thread)

왈칵눈물이

EDIT : Oh dear! I'm getting old. Did I get confuse btwn vesica and shy_hyo? (after reading vesica's post below). I used to attend fans' gathering in SG & HK. I've even travelled with some of them.

thanks 4 news bashful :)

I already waiting for translate from yesterday :D

and finally came out too

I am very happy HHJ Won, I see the best-actress nomination MGY was there :rolleyes: I think she's a highly regarded rivals, and HHJ was successful choosen to be the best

primeo. you're very excited to meet all fans HHJ here :) and I was impressed :D

I am also very curious, exactly what kind of work do you do?

you always move country :mellow:

Shy_Hyo. r u from SG ? :) i think ur from MalaYsia or INA. :P

Guest currysushi33

thanks for the update bashful...hope u feel better soon :)

congrats to HHJ, from that list i would have thought MGY would have gotten it...but congrats all the same

Get well soon, bashfulharmony! Fighting!

In line with the thanksgiving holiday, a poll was conducted last September 1-17, 2010 and I think this is about having an exemplary and positive image. Among the 974 respondents, 586 persons (60.1%) chose Han Hyo Joo, followed by Yoon Si Yoon (248, 25.4%) and Shin Min Ah (118 persons, 12.1%) .

http://gall.dcinside...0068&page=2=

currysushi33

I think one of the scenes where Hyo Joo did really well in Dong Yi was the scene where she grieves for her lost son. For someone who does not have a child in real life and has not exprienced the death of a child, she did really well in that scene. As a viewer I felt the pain of having lost someone.  Sure there are scenes of Hyo Joo where I felt like they should have re-shot them (like in the early episode where the "Prefecture officer" (aka king) sneak her into the palace without knowing that Dong Yi was bringing in some herbs for Jang Okjung and the scene where she got hit by a dagger) but there are much more scenes which showed her mature acting. In the more recent episodes, I could feel the mother and son connection between Dong Yi and Geum Ah. She looks maternal when she is with him.   

I haven't seen Cinderella sister yet but I'm sure MGY did well because she receives lots of raves about her acting so I could not compare.

But anyways, different strokes for different folks. Ok, I'm biased, lolz, haha :lol: but  I just feel like Hyo Joo deserves the award. 

Guest currysushi33

@kozusen

dnt get me wrong, i may have other actresses on my siggy, but HHJ is the queen, she trumps all of them ultimately for me :)

I've never understood the complaints about here acting at the beginning of dong yi...but i did notice the massive improvements when she had to play the mature DY

i highly recommend CS, but that comes from someone who's a sucker for romance :)

...to me MGY and HHJ are both amazingly talented, but i dont know the criteria for the award...but in terms of consistency i would have given it to MGY

tell me how baker king goes...i tried to watch it, i really did try....i was mainly disappointed in the script...and thats why i was so surprised it won for best screenplay/writing...but yay for YSY for best newcomer.....he looks a lot like junki :D...so its already given that he would look  good with HHJ.....*sigh theres so many male costars i have in mind for her....lee min ho.....jang geun seuk.....chun jung myung....omg omg Gong Yoo....why i havnt i thought of that pairing before???......nd of course so ji sub ;)

Thanks everyone for the get well messages :)

I'm feeling a bit better today ^^

^

Since Hyo Joo won because of consistently good acting then I think it's well deserved. Dong Yi is WAYY longer of a drama with 60 episodes. And Hyo Joo appears in like 80-85% throughout the entire drama, whereas CS is only 20 episodes long. I've never watched CS, but I'm pretty sure MGY doesn't appear for 80-85% of the entire drama lol. But if she did, 60 episodes is still longer than 20 episodes x_x

Guest farhah1986

Even though han Hyo Joo is pretty and telented actress...I could seee that she's like underated by other actress even though most of her drama has high rating....I really love her in Dong Yi and we could see her transition and improvement in acting.even though she's obviously young she pull the charactor as a mother really well and I'm sure she will do well when her character become older(40+) even maybe she need to act with same age actor as her son in Dong Yi later(I mean Yeoninggun as a mature person).

Guest jolie_coeur

^

Here's a Youtube link for the CF :)

does anyone know what's the name of the song from the background and who is the singer?(from the video of GMF 2010)

currysushi33,

Aww.. it's perfectly alright for me if we differ in opinions. Your avatar states how much you love Hyo Joo and I know that MGY is a really good and dependable actress. I respect your opinion and I'm not saying that you are wrong. It's just that we differ in opinion regarding this award.

In my opinion, Hyo Joo deserves this award more than anyone else because she was able to cross bridges in terms of acting as a free-spirited teenage orphan despite having been robbed of everything, a determined young girl who gives her best despite her background, a young woman caught in a new world of politics, a young consort who happens to love a not so ordinary man and a young almost single mother (for a time) . What I understand when the award giving body said about her stable acting is that in that span of age which she had to cover, she has shown some traces of the young DongYi that you can still see in the mature DongYi while still giving the sense that the young girl has matured. In terms of comedy, she had great timing and rapport when acting along Hwang Joo Shik and Yeong Dal and  she also had great comedic chemistry with King Sukjong. In terms of drama, her own highlight for me was really the death of her first son as well as her scenes with King Sukjong before they parted for 6 years. I'd also like top point out the maternal vibe she gives whenever she's with Prince Yeoning. It happens so naturally on screen. I really felt that Dong Yi is Prince Yeoning's mother on screen especially when she talks to him and hugs him.  So aside from the wide range of age that she has to act out, she also had to cover a wide range of emotions as well.

Regarding the complaints about the earlier part of DongYi, I think it is because of expressions like gaping jaws and popping eyeballs. Those expressions are PD Lee Byung Hun's characteristic traits for his innocent young characters. If you notice, PD LBH's characters have some characteristics such as these which are not often seen with the characters that are being played under the tutelage of a different director. It may look exagerrated if you look at it in a modern world lenses, but in PD Lee Byung Hun's world, it's his way of expressing youth and innocence in his characters. 

And oooh, the string of leading men that I want for Hyo Joo just goes longer and longer everytime, too. :lol: . I really want to see her with Won Bin, So ji sub, Yoon Si Yoon (oh yess he does look like JunKi), Jo Hyun jae, Lee Minho, Song Il Gook, Joo Jin Mo, Kim Nam Gil ( but I want historical drama for this pairing because he looks more handsome as Bi Dam than as his Bad Guy role, lolz)....ok I'll stop :lol:  

edit:

farhah1986,

I wonder who's going to play her son as a young man? I just hope it's not somebody she kissed on screen before because that would totally be freaky. I can't imagine Lee Seung Gi, or Jaejoong, or Lee Jun Ki calling her Eommonyi. :lol:

Regarding the poll I posted earlier,  I think it is about being perceived as a poll about being most courteous artist.

http://kr.news.yahoo...d=487&from=rank

Guest theresia_warner

Frankly I'm not Kdrama lovers, not Kpop lovers.

I'm just Hyo Joo Lovers. ;)

So I only watch Kdrama if Hyo Joo in it. :lol:

Fact that Hyo Joo got two awards this year,

prove that her acting is good.IMO. :D :D

And I think she deserves it. :) :)

kozuesan : I Really like see her play with Seung gi again :lol:

Really like them :wub:

but I'm very interested in Song Il Gook..yeah ..

hoping that one day she played with him :D

Guest currysushi33

@kozuesan i agree....thoes two eps i think it was ep 43 and 44 where she loses her baby and is exiled were the most gripping...i couldnt wait till dramacarzy uploaded so i downloaded it myself...nd now that you phrased it that way i understand where they, and u are coming from :) ..

i would never watch a proper saeguk, and i only watched this cos of hhj...nd so glad i did cos DY is so addictive...but i cant wait to see her in a new drama though playing someone like mia...cos hhj can so do wacky, cool with dash of dorkiness lol

cant wait to see her on the red carpet... nd her hair will be longer too!! XD

Some pictures

Dong Yi

dongyi_set100920140427dongi20102.jpg

dongyi_set100920140427dongi20101.jpg

dongyi_set100920140427dongi20100.jpg

Hyo Joo and BSB celebrating their manager's birthday on the set of Dong Yi

ch_1284902042_-1848699312_0.jpg

c4df0f089a4c7b9763d986c0.jpg

Jambangee

116424204C9333254F7902.jpg

GMF 2010

viewimage.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

41.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

gmf2010_4thwmv_000164998copy.jpg

Gif

viewimage-1.gif

G-20

557a464f06d3c870afc3abed.jpg

Very Good Tour

Picture3.png

VIKI

DSC_8562.jpg

DSC_8547.jpg

DSC_8542.jpg

DSC_8523.jpg

DSC_8519.jpg

Lotte Card

abe5f7fbfc3352644f4aeaef.jpg

Hyo Joo's congratulatory message to that retired baseball player whose name I can't remember

c0099798_4c962f4c9b35f.jpg

Picture9.png