Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest janineventurina

janineventurina: The fake laughs were kind of awkward to watch... Actually, it was really awkward to watch :lol: Good thing there weren't too many of them :P

And yeah, Hyo Joo is super pretty in your icon! XD

And to answer your question... Nope, Heaven's Postman hasn't released a soundtrack yet :( I'm not even sure if they will to be honest =.=' I want to the HQ version of JJ's solo and DBSK's song D: It's so BEAUTIFUL omgah. The lyrics alone make me tear up LOL.

Omgah! You're from San Diego!! I consider SD my second home because I go there every summer and stay down there for like months :lol: I love SD <3

ow..Y they dont release a soundtrack... that is so sad, because all the Background music gave so much impact in every scene.. sad sad sad :(

Btw.. i've been here in SD for like 3 months i think .. I'm from philippines and my mother petition me here..

Honestly, im still getting used on my new environment..and it is so much harder than i thought.. thinking that im now in a big big distance with my friends and relatives :(

Guest allanpuge23

Hi All...

2 days to go before dong yi starts... can't wait i excited to see hyo joo again (i hope she appears on episode 1)

@cindy

well i hope you are right that a subbing team will pick donyi (i'm keeping my hopes alive)

well about ns5 this is the link of the episodes available

Nonstop 5

and btw can you help me find a DL link of ride away and ad-lib night :D

thanks...

GOOD LUCK HHJ AND DONG YI FIGHTING

Guest verro

Hi guys...I'm really curious about CF Samsung :D

DY will be aired right? I'm really want to see Hyo Joo's acting it will be great! She plays Haegeum! Wow, it makes me love her more!

Well I'm very comfortable to post in here coz all of fans HJ is very friendly especially bashful_harmony, iceangela and fujiwara no sai^^

Fujiwara do you came from Indonesia? Me too hehe.....

^

Hey there verro! Welcome to the thread!!

I can't reply to your post right now cause I have to go out, but I'll reply as soon as possible! :D

Thanks for calling me nice hehe XD lol

- - - - -

Hyo Joo has a new endorsement :D

She's shot a CF for Yoplait yogurt!

ebd073d3e9d153353bf3cf59.jpg

Cindy…I already watched Ad-lib Night for 15 minutes….but I kinda boring… :(

But I will try to watch all of it…………Just Bcoz Hyo Joo in it….

Thanks Edward for your answer…I’m interested to watch nonstop 5…The storyline is some kind comedy, rite?

Wuahhh..thanks allanpuge23 for nonstop 5 link……..I don’t need to search it……..you already posted the link……you very nice…. :)

Here’s the link for Ad Lib Night…… :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKTK6QZ0

Verro…..wellcome to Hyo Joo’s thread… :)

You’re from Indonesia too….same with me….which town you come from?

I’m always excited when she has endorsement…and can’t wait for the CF officially aired.. :)

Guest jelly_pudding

hyo joo unni needs to grow out her hair longer~

she looked really pretty in "nonstop 5 & spring waltz"

i mean she looks cute with short hair too, but i think she looks more prettier with long hair~

i hope she acts in a japanese drama sometime~!! that would be awesome ^^

Guest verro

It's okay Bashful :) you may reply later :)

wow there is another CF again! CF Yoplait yogurt! Haha I'm happy to hear that...I like very much to see her again on CF ;)

Well her hair looks like in Japan I thought this CF are made in Japan too...I dunno maybe I'm wrong XD XD

Fujiwara....I'm living in Bandar Lampung now ;) nice to know you all :rolleyes:

OMG she is very beautiful with Hanbook!

maybe I'm not much to talk here coz sometimes I'm little bit confused with English hehe....but I'll try it.

Guest jae90ful

gah~~i got addicted to this thread...!!!hyo joo just pulled me over here XXD

hyo joo love juri and eita.....and now her famous past co cast partner mean by jaejoong hv a chance act with both of them....what a big concidence...LOLed XXDD wonder how hyo joo reaction...i guess she must message jae everynight and ask for her chance to met them...LOL

yeah...HP soundtrack...gah~~do u know how much i wanted this song to be released so bad?i love love jae and DBSK smoothing voice..the chorus is so touching and left a deep impresion on me..i hope they willl release soon...*random*i do do do love if hyo joo got a chance duet wif jaejae..super duper sweet coupling ever^_^

hyo joo pic spammed

hanhyojooinstyle2lt4.jpg

Han_Hyo_Joo_1.jpg

hyo joo ah~~who your lucky groom...jaejae?seung gi??jun ki??BSB??

han-hyo-joo1.jpg

20090616001625_0.jpg

20090916170501765331718.jpg

1_289597775l.jpg

z41294821.jpg

hyojoo1.jpg

hyo joo look differ here..love the make up..it make her look sophsicated

han%20hyo%20joo%20(1).jpg

p/s miss hyo joo longer hair T.T

janineventurina: They really should release a soundtrack... It'd help promote the movie and earn lots of profits considering that JJ and DBSK alone are on the soundtrack ahaha. If I remember correctly, only two tracks were released to the public... They were "Rainy Sunday" and "If I Have". You can Youtube them to listen to them ^^ I think one of them play during the kissing scene :lol:

Awww, why did your mother petition you to live there? Where do you live in SD btw? How old are you too? Gosh, I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be so far away from your friends and family :( Maybe I'll come and visit you this Summer! =D lol

allanpuge: Seriously, so nervous for Hyo Joo and how Dong Yi will do... The competition isn't that bad, but... still >< So much hype for this drama right now.. lol. Mostly because of the PD, though... but people are actually thinking Hyo Joo could be the next Lee Young Ae! That's like.. amazing >< lol She's only 23 D: LYA was 32 when she starred in DJG.. Look how much Hyo Joo has accomplished under her few years of acting! I'm seriously going to pray tonight for Dong Yi's success!

I don't think Hyo Joo will appear on the first couple of episodes. Remember that Dong Yi is going to portray Choi Suk Bin from her child years to when she becomes a mother... So it's a really wide range of age in a 50 episode long drama. I know for sure that Hyo Joo won't appear in the first two episodes though. She was too busy in Japan when they were filming for Dong Yi. After she came back from Japan, she went to visit the set while they shot for the first two episodes.

I'm always right, what you talkin' bout?! Ahaha =P jk. Welll..... if anything, MBC will release it on DVD or it'll be aired on the MBC channel over here in LA. They're playing Yi San right now and there's English subs so :lol: Let's just hope for the best =) I just want Dong Yi to do well right now and for Hyo Joo to be happy ^^

Thanks for sharing the link to NN5! I'm surprised it's still up and running x_x NN5 was so long ago, I thought the links would have expired lol.

fujiwara no sai posted a download link to Ad Lib Night for you, so here's a link to Ride Away ^^

The movie is separated into 8 parts and you need to download the softsub English subs, so here are the links:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Subs

So after you're done downloading all the parts, just use HJSplit to join them together :)

verro: Hi! I'm here! :lol:

I was thinking the same thing about her new CF! Her hair is identical to the hair she had during the BL promotion in Japan... But... the other people in the CF don't look Japanese? ahaha They look more Korean to me... But who knows? We'll find out later :lol: Hopefully sooner than later though! I need a new CF of her! D:

And I'm SUPER curious about the new Samsung CF too! Gosh, Hyo Joo is just beautiful isn't she? It's not fair =.=' haha She's always beautiful! =)

And yup! Dong Yi will be aired tonight in Korea! It's so exciting but sooooo nervewracking too T_T So much pressure and hype! Gah! I hope Hyo Joo does a great job too :) People are always doubting her abilities as an actress (:() so I'm hoping that she does a phenomenal job in Dong Yi :lol: And yeah, she had to learn how to play the haegeum :o She had to take acting classes and a lot of other preparation was required prior to filming. I want to see her play the Korean harp hehe. It's so pretty :) And I think it sounds better than the haegeum ahaha

I'm glad that we make you feel comfortable in here! :D We don't want to scare away people :ph34r: Or do we? XD jk lol

You can just call be bashful or just cindy, or harmony... ahaha No need to type out my longass username >.> lol. Your English is really good just so you know! ^^

Oh! So how did you find out about Hyo Joo? ^^ Also, your icon makes me hungry D: lol

fujiwara no sai: LOLL I told you Ad Lib Night would be kind of boring >.> If I remember correctly, it's based on a Japanese novel... Seems like Hyo Joo has a really large interest in Japanese theatrics :o I also remember her attending these Japanese film festivals as a special guest :)

But yeah, just watch it to say you've watched it XD Ahahaa, It's a good thing Ad Lib Night is pretty short of a film though so heh, lol.

And omgah! Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures of our Hyo Joo! XD I seriously can't get enough of those new Samsung NX10 photos *huffs. She's undeniably gorgeous!

I didn't know you were looking for links to Nonstop 5 too :P

jelly_pudding: Hehe, I think her hair is growing... You just have to really take notice ahaha. It's growing SUPER slow though =.=' I think my hair is growing way faster than hers! lol But that's probably because Hyo Joo is constantly doing photoshoots and CFs and now filming Dong Yi.. So lots of products and styling is done to her hair, so it's probably somewhat damaged and not as healthy as my hair *flips hair. lmfao XD

You're forgetting how pretty she looked towards the end of AMAHAE!! When her hair was way long then :) And wavy... and dark and just... awesome in general ahaha.

I'm quite over the short hair now... I miss seeing her with long hair! It's been like... two years? Since she's had long hair *sighs. But thank god, she's growing out her hair now that she's filming Dong Yi. She can't always wear hair pieces and wigs for the entire run of the drama :lol:

And I really would love to see Hyo Joo star in a Jdorama too! I love Jdoramas a lot more than Kdramas >.> They're so funny ahaha

jae90ful: Hi dearie! :)

:lol: Hyo Joo has that effect on people hehe :P Much like JJ! lol

I thought it was a SUPER huge coincidence that JJ would work with Juri and Eita for his first Jdorama :lol: Highly strange and very weird timing :lol: I wonder if Hyo Joo even knows that JJ is working with them :o She must be so jealous of JJ ahaha. I can imagine her texting JJ asking how's filming and how attractive and cool Eita is in real life and JJ would be all jealous LOL =.= Too much JaeJoo fantasizing now lmao

I REALLY hate that they only released two tracks from the soundtrack to the public. =.=' Like... seriously? Most of us just want the HQ versions of JJ and DBSK's song D: Especially since the song is just sooooo beautiful and the lyrics and so meaningful.. Props to the lyricist because the lyrics just go perfectly with the movie!

Oh... JJ's angelic singing will make Hyo Joo's singing sound even more amateur LOL XD It's mean and sad, but so true lmfaooo.

Hyo Joo won't marry JJ, Seung Gi, Jun Ki, or BSB.. She's going to end up marrying her ideal man, So Ji Sub! 8D lmao But doesn't she just look beautiful as a bride... Seriously, what a lucky, lucky man who gets to marry her :o

And yup! Hyo Joo looked really different when she went to New York for that Lacoste fashion show :) Totally edgy and chic! ahaha A lot of people said she looks Japanese there :P

And yeah... It's time for Hyo Joo to go back to long hair :P Just got to wait a bit more longer.. Just a few more months :lol:

Thanks for the picspam of Hyo Joo! It really shows how versatile she can be with her looks :P

Dong Yi: Upcoming Historical Korean Drama 2010

The upcoming historical drama released this month is ‘Dong Yi – Jewel in The Crown’ starred by Ji Jin Hee and Han Hyo Joo. The drama is directed by renowned director Lee Byung Hoon who has ever co-worked with Ji Jin Hee before in the mega-hit historical drama ‘Jewel in The Palace’ a.k.a ‘Dae Jang Geum’ in 2003.

‘Dong Yi’ is historical drama based on true story set during the reign of King Sukjong in the Joseon dynasty. The story focuses a lowly water maid (played by Han Hyo Joo) who then is selected by King Sukjong (Ji Jin Hee) as his concubine. Then, she gives to birth Yeong-jo, the second son of King Sukjong and who will later become the 21st king of Joseon.

According to the show’s broadcaster MBC, this new Korean drama 2010 has been sold overseas ahead of its airng in Korea. The 50-part series has been purchased by several countries in Asia including Japan, Thailand and Hong Kong to bring in profits worth over eight billion won, MBC explained.

The first episode of ‘Dong Yi’ will air on March 22.

source: http://www.dongdrama.com/dong-yi-upcoming-...drama-2010.html

Upbeat rom-com vs. court romance

It also heralds the start of "Jewel in the Palace" and "Yi San" director Lee Byung-hoon's latest project, MBC's "Dongyi."

omitted

If SBS' "Oh! My Lady" promises to win audiences over with its upbeat comedy, then MBC's "Dongyi" promises to grab viewers with its melodramatic court romance.

Based on the life of the mother of Joseon's 21st monarch, "Dongyi" charts the heroine's rise from her position as a maid to that of the royal concubine of King Sukjong (played by "Jewel in the Palace" actor Ji Jin-hee) and then as King Youngjo's mother.

"Brilliant Legacy" actress Han Hyo-ju will be playing the lead, a task she admitted she found daunting.

"At first I hesitated a bit," Han said in an interview from an MBC press release. "I felt that taking on a historical drama would not be easy and I questioned my ability to play someone from their teens into their 50s. But I grew ambitious and felt that I should not miss out on the opportunity to play such a broad role."

Though a child actress will be playing the young heroine Dongyi, Han faces the challenge of portraying Dongyi's long journey from teenager to woman to mother. Co-star Ji Jin-hee, however, thinks that actress Han is a perfect fit.

"When I first saw Han Hyo-ju I really thought she was just right for the role," actor Ji said in an interview from an MBC press release. "Dongyi is a character who goes through a lot of ups and downs in her life. It is rare to find an actress who can play both a low-class servant and a royal concubine."

For his character, Ji revealed that he wanted to show a monarch who had "weak spots that show through his charismatic exterior."

"Rather than being a dignified king, he is an outgoing and adventurous character," said the 38-year old actor.

No drama is complete without a love triangle. "Brilliant Legacy" actor Bae Soo-bin is set to reprise his role as a devoted suitor to Han Hyo-ju's heroine. Actress Lee So-yeon who starred opposite Bae Soo-bin in SBS' "Angel's Temptation" is playing yet another villainess in the upcoming series.

"Dongyi" starts tonight at 9:55 p.m. on MBC.

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

By Jean Oh

source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...01003220036.asp

Will 'Dong-yi' Become Next 'Jewel in the Palace?'

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

It's been seven years since MBC's hit drama "Daejanggeum'' (Jewel in the Palace) captivated viewers around the world and made Korea one of the most popular countries in terms of drama content. MBC is hoping to do the same with its new period drama, ``Dong-yi,'' which airs tonight.

The spotlight is on the main character, Dong-yi, who will be played by ``Brilliant Legacy'' (SBS) heroine Han Hyo-joo. Will the 23-year-old Han be able to meet the challenges of playing a historical figure?

``Of course, I felt a lot of pressure. I was mostly worried at first. Dong-yi was a real person; she later became Sukbin Choi, one of King Sukjong's consorts. I have to portray her from her teenage years to her fifties, so I was worried, but I still wanted the part. I wanted to play this type of character sometime in my career and although I think it came a bit earlier than I expected, I happily accepted it,'' Han said during a press conference held at Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, last week.

The drama revolves around Dong-yi, a bright and courageous girl who was born as a house slave but was eventually sent to the palace as a court lady during the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910). After being framed by Jang Huibin, the notorious concubine of King Sukjong, she escapes the palace but returns as a palace maid. Her life takes a fortuitous turn when she is noticed by King Sukjong and finally becomes Royal Consort Sukbin Choi. The 50-episode series deals with Choi's motherhood and lifelong journey to protect her son, who later becomes King Yeongjo.

The news that Lee Byung-hun, the maker of ``Heo Jun'' (1999, MBC), ``Jewel in the Palace'' (2003) and ``Lee San, Wind of the Palace'' (2008, MBC), was back, made headlines even before casting started.

Praised as one of the most reliable and successful period drama by producers in the business, Lee chose the character Dong-yi for a reason.

``I've always been interested in King Yeongjo and the Joseon Kingdom period. Yeongjo was greatly influenced by his mother and I wanted to show this through the drama,'' he said.

The veteran producer always used a key feature in laying out his dramas: medicine in the drama ``Heo Jun,'' food in ``Jewel in the Palace'' and art in ``Lee San.'' This time, he has chosen music. ``Dong-yi'' will feature the music of the Joseon Kingdom period, based on music passed down by Jangakwon, the forerunner of today's National Center for Korean Traditional Performing Arts. The drama is expected to bring various types of court music, including ``A-ak,'' ``Hyang-ak'' and ``Dang-ak.'' Han had to learn how to play the ``haegeum,'' a two-stringed fiddle, for the role.

``Viewers no longer enjoy watching weak and innocent women. People want to watch bright and outgoing characters. Dong-yi is a woman who fought for the life and rights of the lower class. She was born from the lowest class, but later raised a great king,'' Lee explained.

Lee welcomed new faces such as Han for his new project, but the 65-year-old director has also brought back a familiar face.

Ji Jin-hee, who played an official and Daejanggeum's love interest in ``Jewel in the Palace,'' will return to the small screen as King Sukjong, who later saves Dong-yi from her misery and welcomes her to the palace as his concubine. It is Ji's first time portraying a king. He played an official in ``Jewel in the Palace.''

``I was treated differently after I became king. Everything was so different from my experience during `Jewel in the Palace.' Jang-geum was always the center of attention and nobody really cared about me,'' he said, laughing.

Despite his vast experience as a producer, Lee confessed that he is still nervous a couple of weeks before airing.

``I couldn't fall asleep. Actor Jung Jin-young said it perfectly -- I feel like Kim Yu-na right before her performance at the Winter Olympic Games,'' he said.

``As much as I want this work to be successful, I think I want to create a beautiful drama that will introduce traditional Korean culture to the world.''

``Dong-yi'' starts airing tonight at 9:55 p.m.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../147_62730.html

More Samsung NX10 photos~

124054214BA3235F2E45B5.jpg

124054214BA3236031465F.jpg

134054214BA3235F2F5383.jpg

204054214BA3235E2D40A2.jpg

Looks like her trip to Japan will be broadcasted on the OnStyle network in Korea.. much like her trip in New York for fashion week ^^ And it'll air this week on the 28th! :D

viewimage-2.jpg

This is a sort of.. old poll? ahahaa It was published on White Day (March 14th).

"Actress with the Most Kissable Lips during White Valentines"

1. Shin Min Ah

2. Shin Se Kyung

3. Son Ye Jin

4. Lee Min Jung

5. Gong Hyo Jin

6. Lee Da Hae

7. Jeon Ji Hyun

8. Park Bo Young

9. Han Hyo Joo

10. Kim Ok Bin

source: http://ent.cqnews.net/ylove/201003/t20100314_4187586.htm

She needs to be higher up on that list :P

- - - - -

Pictures from the press conference

4dc0d9825d762f8a6c8119e7.jpg

6ef133c6d7c12d2e9d163de7.jpg

ce50601f09e432fda78669e7.jpg

8deec7028e81473a4bfb51e7.jpg

cfb38eef2e27a803acafd5e7.jpg

afc4c4cb87f555c852664fe7.jpg

cbe4a3cdb3a77d640fb345e7.jpg

dsc_0097_mbcdong2.jpg

dsc_0099_mbcdong2.jpg

9b2649d7df0d74e8a144dfe7.jpg

dsc_0174_mbcdong2.jpg

dsc_0177_mbcdong2.jpg

dsc_0179_mbcdong2.jpg

Guest verro

Bashfull you are so kindly….I want to hug you haha….. :lol:

Wow You are very updated! it seems that you like Hyo Joo’s sister coz you know anything about her and always Updated! XD XD for me it’s the hardest things to find Hyo Joo’s news

About my icon…you are giving the comment too?? Haha….yes I like cake very much. I am cake lover XD XD I guess so…. You will be hungry if seeing my icon haha….

I just know HJ from BL because in my country the serial had been broadcast…but now the serial is finished. I like her character in BL also from PC She looks like not different with eun sung’s character, that’s why I love her…she is cheerful, lovely, lively and so kindly with many people also her fans^^

I love her voice and her laugh…I dunno I just love to hear it… I love to see CF Samsung teaser…I love to see her laugh and her smile very much!^^ :rolleyes:

I think she is very multi talented actress right….She has learnt everything wow I love her….I think to play haegeum is very difficult, no one actress can play it well except HJ XD XD

Is it right haegeum is Korean harp?

Looked at the picture above...HJ is very Cheerful! makes me happy :lol:

verro: Aw, go ahead and hug me! *bearhugs. lol XD

And yup! I try to be as updated as I can when it involves Hyo Joo :lol: I'm not sure if that's a good thing... makes me seem kind of stalkerish >.> and gosh... I WISH I was her sister T_T I'd beg and beg to be her assistant lol. It's not that hard to update on Hyo Joo :D There are a couple of sites that I visit daily to check for updates ^^ One of them is Baidu :) More people in here are visiting that site for updates and pictures hehe

Your cupcake icon is gahhhhh. So delicious. I'm usually not a big sweets lover (I hate chocolate!) but cupcakes are like... irresistible to me :lol: They're just too cute to not eat :D And they're so pretty especially when there's a lot of frosting on top :lol:

Oh, BL <3 :D How did you like it? Are you a SeungJoo fan then? :P And I'm sorry.. what's PC? o_o But I so agree about Hyo Joo being a happy and nice person in general ^^ But when she gets hyper, she's so naughty :lol:

Hmms, I notice that a lot of people (fans and nonfans) like her voice... I personally think it's the perfect pitch. Not too low and not too high :) She's so cute in the Samsung travelogue! :D I want to go traveling with her! haha

Haha, I think Hyo Joo is just a very dedicated person and doesn't like disappointing her peers or fans ^^ I wouldn't say she's good at everything but I do think she always gives 110% to everything she does :D And negative feedback doesn't stop her from keeping going at it :D And you're right... I can't think of any Korean actresses that know how to play the haegeum :o That instrument does look hard because there's no keys and there are only two strings attached o_o But nope! The haegum isn't the Korean harp :P The Korean harp is the gayageum ^^

Guest verro

PC is press conference; I always make it simple XD XD

I thought haegeum is a Korean harp *LOL

In my country a lot of people just know HJ plays in BL so many people just know SeungJoo pairing but I think some of people know another HJ’s pairing but not much

It depends on HJ’s film airing…and only BL just broadcast in my country…Yes I like SeungJoo XD XD but no matter what she is playing with. I like her acting..I think people have a different pairing whom they like, for me it is fine ^_^

HJ is on my first list Korean actress that I like most. I always proud of her…I like some of Korean actress before but I think I’m falling in love with HJ only haha LOL…I hope DY will be aired in my country since all of historical drama MBC has been broadcast such as Jangeum and Queen Seon Deok

Looking at your photo posted….I like her outfit! Making her looking so sweet :blush:

What is she doing with that kid? Haha…. :lol:

Make me curious about the CF….><

verro: Ahhhh, I thought PC was one of Hyo Joo's dramas or movies and got confused for a second there ahaha. Haha, you would think a harp would be vertical, but Korea's is horizontal :lol:

I don't mind that people only know SeungJoo! haha It just solidifies their great chemistry and the success of BL :D But I think people will start to get to know her through Heaven's Postman with JJ soon...

Which reminds me... Have you watched Heaven's Postman yet? :D You should! Perhaps you'll even change tides and start shipping for JaeJoo :lol: I'm still stuck in the middle... =.=' I can't seem to pick one over the other D: They're both so great lol. And I also like BSB with her too but he's a bit old.. so he's just an oppa :P

Oh wow! So you were able to resist the charms of Song Hye Kyo, Yoon Eun Hye, Kim Tae Hee, etc.? Wow, haha. I first was in love with SHK but then I saw a picture of Hyo Joo and fell in love <3 lmao so cheesy XD

I think if Dong Yi does exceptionally well then for sure, they're going to air it in other countries. Major drama countries have already bought the rights to air it before it's even aired, so I hope all of the world is able to watch it and fall in love with Hyo Joo :lol:

I think the purple looks lovely on her, but what's with the tiger? It looks kind of random to me ahaha. Maybe in celebration of Year of the Tiger? lol The kid looks scared LOL She's like... What is this strange but pretty lady doing? Why is she taking pictures of me *pouts. haha

I can't wait until the CF and the OnStyle episodes are released! Haven't seen Hyo Joo onscreen for so long...

*edit:

Dong Yi cell phone charm :P

dsc_0409_mbcdong2.jpg

[PREVIEW] MBC TV series "Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown"

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo | eight@10asia.co.kr

기사입력 2010.03.22 17:07 최종수정 2010.03.22 17:07

The cast of MBC TV series "Dong Yi - Jewel of the Crown" poses during a photo session of a press conference held at the broadcaster's outdoor set in the city of Yongin in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on March 18, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

MBC TV series "Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown"

Written by: Kim Yi-yeong

Produced by: Lee Byung-hoon

Starring: Han Hyo-joo (as Dong Yi), Ji Jin-hee (King Sukjong), Lee So-yeon ( ), Bae Soo-bin (Cha Chun-soo), Jung Jin-young (Suh Yong-ki) etc.

In one sentence: Dong Yi turns from a slave into a court lady, to consort Choi Sook-bin, to the mother of a king.

Premiere date: March 22, 2010. 9: 55 p.m.

Major broadcaster MBC president Kim Jae-chul who in person attended the press conference for TV series "Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown" held at the public network's outdoor set in Yongin city of Gyeonggi Province, said he would like to "hold a screening in Japan if Lee Byung-hoon allows it." And remarks by actor Bae Soo-bin who "trusts in and goes with everything the producer wants because he sees everything from the big picture" and Choi Chul-ho who feels he "could just try to blend in as well as possible than trying too hard since the cast is already so great" -- revealed how firmly the cast believes in the drama. And because of such high expectations, Lee Byung-hoon probably feels "as burdened as Korean figure skater Kim Yuna may have felt ahead of competing in the Olympics," as actor Jung Jin-young said. That is just how much attention "Dong Yi" is receiving for being Lee's new drama on a grand scale involving up to 20 major characters.

That is why "Dong Yi" is about numerous desires. Within the drama, there are the desires various characters have including the dreams Dong Yi (played by Han Hyo-joo) has as the daughter of Choi Hyo-won (Chun Ho-jin) -- a person in the lowest class of society who is wrongly accused as a traitor -- until the day she becomes a queen. Externally, the show quite explicitly reveals its desire to post high viewership ratings as well as reignite the Hallyu, or the Korean wave. What should be fulfilled foremost and ultimately, however, are viewers' desire to watch an entertaining show. Lee Byung-hoon will be able to meet up to expectations surrounding this most traditional and blockbuster-like drama if he can deliver an enjoyment which matches up to its physical setting.

Anticipation Quotient

Lee Byung-hoon should change up his style since we now have historical dramas like "The Slave Hunters": 6

You're good if you can stay good at what you were originally were recognized for: 9

'The woman who achieves her highest dream from the lowest walk in life.' This statement written in the press release for "Dong Yi" clearly expressed what the drama itself will be about while explaining the motif that Lee is most well-known for in his historical dramas -- the story of one who overcomes his hardships and achieves a new goal in life. That is why as producer Lee himself admits, there are those who no longer believe in his style of drama where 'the main character goes through rough times yet later sees the problem resolved.' But as Hollywood scenarist Frank Daniel said, it is 'very difficult for someone trying so hard to make something happen to actually achieve something' as it is with trying to make viewers become immersed with a story. Both the motif to Lee Byung-hoon's historical dramas and "Dong Yi" are good enough to meet up to this. It will be interesting to see where "Dong Yi" will position itself.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@10asia.co.kr

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr, Jang Kyung-Jin three@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...&p=15645084