Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I believe we'll be having more JaeJoo reunion(s) ;)

[info] 091119 Heaven’s Postman Stage Greeting is Decided!

For everyone who gives many love and support to “Heaven’s Postman”, the schedule for “Heaven’s Postman” Stage Greeting is decided!

The stage greeting will be held this Sunday on November 22nd, for one day!

You will be able to meet “Heaven’s Postman” directors and casts!

1258597782.jpg

(greeting participants in the schedule is subject of change. Please notice)

source: TeleCinema7 naver cafe (http://cafe.naver.com/telecine7)

trans: sharingyoochun@wordpress

It's confirmed! Hyojoo and Ji Jin Hee are cast in Dong Yi ^^'

Ji Jin-hee and Han Hyo-joo pair up in Dong Yi

Ji Jin-hee, most recently of KBS’s j-drama adaptation The Man Who Can’t Get Married, has been cast to be Han Hyo-joo’s leading man in the upcoming MBC sageuk drama Dong Yi [동이].

This’ll be the second time Ji teams up with PD Lee Byung-hoon, with whom he first worked in the hugely successful Dae Jang Geum. PD Lee also directed several other hit sageuk series such as Heo Jun and Yi San.

Ji Jin-hee will play Joseon-era King Suk-jong, portraying both the leadership skills of the king as well as the pure heart and affection of the man. Han Hyo-joo is to play Sook-bin, a water maid who becomes the king’s concubine and bears him a son, a future Joseon king.

Han has been playing more mature roles as she transitions from rookie actress to leading lady, but this is still a pretty wide age gap — 16 years, as Han is 22 and Ji is 38. I tend to find age gaps less of an issue with sageuk dramas, so I’m keeping my mind open for the pairing, although the thought of Han taking on another sageuk makes me nervous. (She’s improved a lot in her short career, but I don’t think sageuk is her thing, and I thought her turn in Iljimae was one of her weaker performances.) Of course, as we know, his role in Dae Jang Geum makes Ji no stranger to the historical epic.

Dong Yi will air next March on MBC.

Via Joy News

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/ji-jin-h...-up-in-dong-yi/

Hopefully Hyojoo's performance will surprise everyone in a good way! :D

hello everyone !

welcome back harmony !

haha one day seems like a week on here ^^

16 years wow lol

if i liked the bsbxhhj pairing then i think i can handle this haha

and yay another jaejoo reunion ! ^^

i'm wondering about her hair length too

hmmi think she will grow it long and dye it black for the drama

i'm still deciding whether i should watch it or not

Missha, thanks for sharing those pics... :) ...those are from the photoshoot for a charity event of their company, right? So that's what they look like altogether. Good to know she's not the only one with a bad hair day that day, haha. Know I can breathe a sigh of relief, haha.

Sayroo, thank you so much for subbing Soul Special. :) \

Bashful, you're back!!!! :lol: welcome back!!!! :lol:

I think I like it better that there are doubts regarding Hyojoo's role in Dong Yi. I can't say much why I like it that way. It's just that I believe in Hyojoo's capabilities and desire to improve as an actress. B)

Q-girl, thanks for sharing those pics...

and more Jaejoo interaction!!!! :lol: ..I think I really have to admit I'm turning to the dark side hahaha...but I still love my Hwansung couple...but I also like the Jaejoo....they have so much chemistry even offscreen...they make me shiver with delight everytime I see them looking into each other's eyes :lol: ....

lovely gifts!!!

lightofhonest...welcome! :D

lol its okay kozuesan, liking jaejoo isn't going to the dark side

not much news on HHJ lately huh...

i'm going to have to rely on HP promotions and spazz over that instead of the actually telecinema

since we're not able to watch it online

i wish i was in korea ><

The "Jun Se" of Dong Yi :lol:

Kim Kang-woo to join Dong Yi

Ooh. Kim Kang-woo is about to join the cast of sageuk drama Dong Yi, which stars Ji Jin-hee as Joseon’s King Sook-jong and Han Hyo-joo as water maid (Dong-yi) turned concubine (later named Sook-bin).

A production source confirmed that he has been offered the role, and the decision is 90% of the way to finalization. They expect his casting to be made official within a week’s time. Kim Kang-woo’s side gave a more cautious answer that Kim wants to do the role and is looking on it favorably, but given how both sides have responded, I think it’s looking likely.

The role would have Kim in the role of Cha Chun-soo, who is by day a coroner with the police but a core member of an underground group by night. He’s a childhood friend of Dong-yi’s older brother Dong-joo, and when the latter is killed, he promises to take care of Dong-yi and devotes his life to protecting her.

As you know, I was blown away by Kim’s performance as an ice-cold, calculating, brilliant psycho financial genius in this year’s Story of a Man. I would LOVE to see him doing a sageuk — I think his first? — in what looks like another intense role. I confess I was only half-interested in Dong Yi, but now it’s got my attention.

Dong Yi is scheduled to air in March 2010.

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/kim-kang...o-join-dong-yi/

^

Ah! You're the one who makes all the Hyojoo topics on Baidu right? haha

The one who has helped translate some articles for me..? lol

What happened?! I thought you couldn't reply on Soompi :o

But yay! So excited now that you can post here on Soompi!! :D :D

I hope you'll have lots of Hyojoo stuff to share in the future :lol:

And... to make this post seem less off-topic...

Heaven's Postman sold out within 5 minutes once news of the stage greeting was released ^^''

downloading the fancam movie now... Thanks [:

&then when it comes out, Im gonna watch it again & again with the subs lol xP

Yey for the meet and greet O:

&oh dear. 5mins? thats just... oh dear :lol:

Guest jelly_pudding

nurse hyojoo? lol

she looks adorable~~

i can't wait to watch the movie!! jj and hj look cute together in the movie~

but i still think dw and hj would make a cute couple in real life ;]] tehe~

Hmms... Hyojoo didn't attend the HP stage greeting thing yesterday.

New article reports that she's been very busy preparing for her role in Dong Yi. She's receiving training in traditional dance, playing traditional musical instruments, and is taking speech lessons. Full-scale filming will begin in January.