Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest crazy-girl

I might be a bit late ..

BUT what the heck is with Kim Misook ??? and what nonsense she is spouting ???

WHO is not pretty ?? O_o ..

she really should go to see an Ophthalmologist ....

and even if what she said is true (( which is NOT by anymean )) she shouldn’t say it to her face (( it is So Very impolite of her )) ...

Guest jihye87

^ hello crazy-girl and all~

I guess KMS wasn't being mean or impolite when talking about Hyojoo.

Cos we know for sure there are those so called 'ravishing' beauties (actresses) around with almost perfect features (big eyes, high nose, small mouth and great body. Korean viewers kinda have the obsession with beauty of the ladies. She did say that Hyojoo was the type that looks comfortable at first sight, meaning she might not be the prettiest but people will still have a positive impression of her. Hence, the 'Impression-girl' tag which HHJ said herself too. :)

Gosh. Mnet 20's is nearing!!!!! :D

and HHJ's leading by loads!!!! :D

Drinking interview with Han Hyo-joo (Part 1)

The last (and first) drinking interview I posted was with Kang Ji-hwan (Part 1 and Part 2). Here’s a new one featuring Han Hyo-joo, recent star of SBS’s hit weekend show Brilliant Legacy. Like Kang Ji-hwan’s, this one is also divided into two parts (Part 2 will be up soon!).

“I haven’t had any work done, but I’m not against plastic surgery”

Short-haired Han Hyo-joo seemed like she had just burst out of her drama Brilliant Legacy as main character Go Eun-sung. She says, “I come out of character relatively easily,” but the afterimage of her Eun-sung character remains in her appearance and gaze. Her expression is as lively as it is calm when she sees a wine she likes before we begin the drinking interview, or when she says, “I’d like to try acting in a heavy melodrama.”

After the end of her drama, Han Hyo-joo has been flooded with CF and interview requests and unable to rest comfortably. But her posture hasn’t slumped once. Netizens have said, “She has a fresh appearance” and dubbed her with the nickname “인상녀” [insang-nyeo, meaning a woman with a nice appearance or good impression]. She debuted in 2005’s Nonstop 5 and is already in the fifth year of her acting career, but her age is just 22. This new generation’s Cinderella is preparing for yet another leap.

I met with Han Hyo-joo, the heroine of Brilliant Legacy, on August 4 in Apgujung-dong in Seoul’s Kangnam district. When I said, “Why is it so difficult to meet up like this?” her manager surreptitiously showed me her schedule book.

From the drama’s July 26 finale through mid-August, her schedule is completely packed. She hasn’t rested a day till now, and even yesterday stayed up till dawn shooting an outdoor CF in Taean, Chungnam. She’s running swiftly toward her life’s best moments with her 22-year-old “young blood.”

Taking revenge through the kiss scene with Lee Seung-gi

Han Hyo-joo looked just like Eun-sung in the drama. With her slightly waved short hair and hot pants, she looked simple but attractive. However, it was clear she was feeling tense. We ordered wine and some fruit and sat at a table. As the most popular wine brand in the country, M brand, came out, she smiled widely, saying, “Wow, this is my favorite wine.”

Do you feel a lot has changed with the ending of Brilliant Legacy?

Yes, I’m recognized a lot. I went to this one event, and a five-year-old little girl called me Eun-sung unni. Grandmothers would also come up to me and greet me with, “Eun-sung, hi.”

You must have learned a lot.

This drama felt like a halfway point between a miniseries and a weekend drama. There were veteran actors like Yoo Ji-in and Kim Mi-sook, the actors developed a sympathy amongst ourselves, and I think the acting was realistic.

What is Lee Seung-gi like?

We’re the same age. We’re in the same 2005 entry year at Dongkuk University, and we also acted together in Nonstop 5. He really puts a lot of effort into it, and really believes in himself. His only flaw is that he prepares excessively. That’s a problem. [Laughs]

Why is that a problem?

What I mean is, he prepares so diligently that if the situation on the filming location changes even a little, he has a hard time. Watching that from nearby, I find it a serious thing but also funny. He’s different from me in that.

Then does that mean you have a more adaptable acting style?

Me? Not at all. I tried really hard, too. But I suppose you can say all actors have their own way of getting close to their characters.

Your kiss scene with Lee Seung-gi was impressive.

Oh, that. We did it twice. The first time, my nose pushed up against Seung-gi’s cheek and got smooshed. It’s supposed to be a romantic moment, but it wasn’t exactly. So in the next kiss scene, I had my small revenge. The scene has Eun-sung kissing Hwan first, so I put both of my hands firmly on both sides of his face and smooshed his cheeks. [Laughs.]

Han Hyo-joo laughs brightly like Eun-sung, enjoying herself, and takes a deep drink of her wine. The face that had stiffened slightly when I asked to see what was inside her bag before the interview relaxes a bit now.

I hear the CF offers are pouring in.

I wouldn’t say pouring in, but there’s a lot of interest. Actually, I’m on my way back from an overnight CF shoot yesterday in Taean.

Is there anything you feel disappointed with?

No. I did my best, so I don’t feel disappointed with anything. To be honest, wouldn’t anyone feel a bit disappointed with any project they did? But I try to forget quickly the things that have passed. I can immerse myself in my character, but I tend to come out of character quickly.

I like my nickname “insang-nyeo”

I hear you have a nickname.

The fans gave me the nickname from this drama, meaning “girl with a good impression.” They say it’s because the first impression is of a kind, fresh person. I really like the nickname, more than being called “beautiful actress.”

You have a very diverse appeal.

Hearing you say that so straightforwardly is a little embarrassing. I hear that a lot, because I can look very different with a different hairstyle or directing. I think so too.

Thinking about it, I remember you wore a sexy dress to last year’s Baeksang Arts Awards.

It was a grey one-piece minidress. But why?

I was a little startled to see your legginess.

I am pretty leggy. [Laughs]

Your secret?

Don’t I have to say I was born lucky? I’m joking. I’m like my mother.

You’re a natural beauty, aren’t you?

Yes. I haven’t had any work done. But I don’t have any opposition to receiving plastic surgery.

Does that mean there’s nothing you’d like done?

It doesn’t mean I don’t, but I like how I look now. I’ve had areas that I’ve disliked, but I fixed the way I thought and became comfortable with it. I think the instant you think of it as a complex, things that didn’t bother you before turn into complexes. Some people tell me to remove to dot from under my left eye, but I won’t. I like it.

She took another deep drink of her wine. Half a bottle quickly emptied. Han Hyo-joo’s face wasn’t very red. She said her tolerance level was about half a bottle of wine, or three to four shots of soju, but that must have been the polite answer. She seemed stronger than that.

Han Hyo-joo’s Profile

Birthdate: February 2, 1987

Birthplace: Cheongju, Chungbuk

Family: Elder of two, 1 younger brother

School: Dongkuk University, Theater and Film department, currently on leave

Hobbies: Film appreciation, reading, oral storytelling

Debut: Nonstop 5 (2005)

Essential filmography: Dramas: Spring Waltz (2006), As Much as Heaven and Earth (2007), Iljimae (2008), Brilliant Legacy (2009).

Films: My Boss, My Teacher (2006), Ad Lib Night (2006), Go, Bicycle (2008), My Dear Enemy (2008)

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/08/drinking...hyo-joo-part-1/

Guest Aicila

^ kekek hyo joo's little revenge on seungki is so cute! i totally noticed her legginess in that

one picture taken during BL when she was wearing jeans and then like she was like standing in

this kinda posing form and her legs looked really .. long and nice ^___^''

you know, hyo joo might just be my role model ;D she is so awesome in every way!!! she so talented

for sucha young person.

She's grown into her looks.. When she was a teenager, she looked sort of awkward because she was so tall and skinny and she looked older than her age, but now.. she really has embraced her beauty <3

I was watching some episodes of NN5 and I can still see some awkwardness. She doesn't seem that confident in carrying that beautiful image. I'm glad she's more confident and more comfortable with herself now.

Yes, she does exude that aura of comfort, a beauty within reach.

I really hope to see HHJ, along with LSG, in the MNET awards. I'm excited to see what she'll wear! :lol:

And awww, Jun se, Eun sung and Hye ri pictures! And I also miss that manager-employee duo :lol:

And I also like the nickname “insang-nyeo”. It's like a beauty inside and out. :D

I’ve had areas that I’ve disliked, but I fixed the way I thought and became comfortable with it.

- I love this answer of hers. It shows the peace emanating from within.

Yea, me too; I really like the pic with her striaghten hair and the grey sweater that she was wearing :)

& Wah BL pics! Brings back memories :blush:

I'm thinking, her hair can possibly reach the length of Moon Chae Won's by the time of HP premiere or maybe even the promotion :huh:

^ lol that is so true

it'll probably be the same length but i hope she doesn't cut it again..

i almost forgot what she looks like with black long hair..x]

she looks cute in the pics with her, BSB and Hyeri..i don't know her real name haha..

i can't wait until mnet 20 choice too ! :D

i'll probably be HHJ-with-idol spotting hehe

and then probably scream my lungs out when it actually happens

and i'll be happy for her when she wins xD

Guest jihye87

Cute baskin robbins cartoon~

caricature.jpg

:D

I thought I'll do a lil paparazzi.

faces of HHJ's friends were blurred for privacy purposes.

0231669.jpg

file_downasp-1.jpg

file_down-3asp.jpg

file_down-2asp.jpg

file_down-1asp.jpg

IMG_392067441_08524.jpg

1034.jpg

one of her 6 gal pals kinda wrote 'mom i'm in the news!' :D

Drinking interview with Han Hyo-joo (Part 2)

Continuing from Part 1 of the drinking interview with Han Hyo-joo, here’s Part 2:

“No more talk of scandals… I’ve been hurt a lot”

What drinking habits do you have?

Nothing in particular. My face doesn’t redden, either. If I really drink a lot, I get a little sentimental.

Have you had the opportunity to drink much?

I haven’t. I don’t drink when I’m filming something — it makes my face break out. After the drama ended we had a wrap party, but I had filming the next day so I didn’t drink. Today is the first time in a while.

What kind of project do you want to do next?

I’d like to do a really depressing melodrama once. Isn’t my age right now the time I can look my prettiest? I’d like to show myself pretty in love. It’s time I did.

That was the answer I’d been waiting for. I poured Han Hyo-joo another glass and brought up the topic of a scandal that came out not long ago. Actually, this is a question that her manager had asked me before the interview, “Please don’t bring this up.” But I had to ask.

Speaking of the scandal reports…

I knew you would say that. I wish that would stop… It was my first time encountering that, so I was hurt by it. Even talking about this makes me feel apologetic toward that person.

Is it really like your explanation that “he’s like an older brother to me”?

Yes, just like that.

The peaceful mood immediately turned, as though I’d accused her falsely. I changed the subject.

Then what is your ideal type of man?

I like men who are passionate about their work, and on a personal level, someone I can depend on. I like boyfriends who are supportive.

When would you like to marry?

I don’t know. I’m definitely sure that it’s not time yet. But I do think I should get married.

What about men you can’t stand?

Men who brag. It’s good to have confidence, but I hate when they talk big for no reason. I’ve found I can intuitively sense when conversing with people like that whether we’ll be a good match or not.

I am a dutiful but curt daughter

You went through a lot together with Ivy as you spent three years together as trainees.

We lived together for a while as trainees of Fantom Entertainment. Originally there were three of us. There was a singer who debuted not long ago as Block. The three of us had fun together, but we gave each other personal space.

Did you have a lot of unsuccessful auditions?

I didn’t, but I didn’t go out to a lot of auditions. In my first semester of university, I was really into college life so there are times I got into trouble with my management for not going on auditions that they told me to go on. I loved life as a student.

Your actual debut was in a beauty pageant.

So you know that, too. In 2003, I won the grand prize at the Miss Binggrae pageant. I showed my storytelling ability there, and danced in a group dance too.

The oral storytelling is unexpected.

My mother is a school commissioner in Cheongju now, but she used to be a kindergarten teacher. That’s how I came into natural contact with oral storytelling.

Your family must have worried a long when you came up to Seoul at a young age.

I came to Seoul in my second year of high school, and my father opposed me living alone in a strange place.

What kind of daughter are you?

I am a dutiful daughter, but I’m also a bit curt.

What kind of student were you in high school?

Since I was a kid, I ran around and played like a boy. I ran races and liked ball sports, and I think I ran the 100 meter dash in about 15 seconds. I went to a girls high school in Cheongju, and transferred to a coed school in Kyunggi province in my second year. The boys saw me run and thought I was good.

I’ve heard you like to read a lot.

It’s not to that extreme but when I have time, I always read. These days I’m reading a book called Orange Beach. It’s a good book that gives hope to people living difficult lives.

What would you be doing if not for becoming an actor?

I’d probably be an unemployed person readying to join the work force.

Lastly, if you were a reporter, what would you ask Han Hyo-joo?

I don’t want to ask. [Laughs]

What is in Han Hyo-joo’s bag?

“Oh no, I didn’t know about this… I’m a little taken aback.”

Han Hyo-joo’s face suddenly froze. She was at a loss, having never once shown the contents of her bag to anyone before.

Still, I persuaded her and out came the contents of the Marc Jacobs fabric purse: the cell phone and pouch, wallet and glasses without lenses, exercise cap and hairband, and one book. The cell phone and pouch matched in pink, her favorite color. Inside the wallet were a few 1,000 won notes [$1 bills].

The lens-less black-rimmed glasses are a fashion item. She says she uses them frequently because they create a different feel without using much makeup. She likes the hat because it goes well with her hot pants and T-shirt, and the black hairband with a little rabbit doll hanging from it is a gift from a fan.

Han Hyo-joo’s current events test

Usually, actresses have the same reaction upon receiving the sheet with the quiz questions. However, Han Hyo-joo, who has emptied one bottle of wine, sits like a student in an exam and begins to quickly go through the questions. She concentrates, jotting the answer down below the question or circling as she goes, giving off a vibe of composure.

The first question whirls inside her mouth, wrinkling her nose, but soon she remembers the right answer. [The question is: What is the name of the Joseon-era medical book that was recently added to the UNESCO resgister? "Donguibogam."] In the case of answer 22, floating exchange rate system, she only gets as far as “floating.” I gave her a hint to question 10, and she got it right.

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/08/drinking...hyo-joo-part-2/

IHeartHimxD: Yup! It's a new photo but :( There aren't any other pictures from that set.. We're going to have to wait until the CF or photoshoot is released T_T

But she does look really pretty with that straightened hair XD

Aicila: Haha, I love her little "revenge" too :D

HHJ has some greeeattt legs <3 Long and thin T_T So jealous.. lol

And awww HHJ is a great role model :D She's my role model hehs ^^

kozuesan: I love that quote too. It makes me think about how she had a period of time where she had a low esteem but she was able to overcome it. She's young, but she seems very grounded for someone in their early 20s. She's mature for her age, but not overly so because we still see her goofing off off-camera.

There was this one video of her shooting a scene in NN5 and she had to bend over and flip her hair all pretty and everything, but they had to do so many takes, lol. Minwoo even went to help her by demonstrating it himself :P She looks really awkward when she has to do sexy things, but now.. oh my, so much confidence XD haha

I love HHJ's look. There's just something so comforting in her that is rarely seen in other female celebrities.

Also, the manager's so cute :X lol

I love that the public gave her a nickname :) The nickname really suits her and it is better than just "beautiful actress".

Pshh:

I wish HHJ straightened her hair out more often T_T lol.

But at the same time, not really because that'll damage the hair haha

I don't think her hair will be that length.. Hair usually grows half an inch to an inch per month.. :\

We'll just have to get over the possibility of seeing her with long hair anytime soon :P

I just want to see her with dark hair againnnn *cries.

itic: I hope she doesn't cut her hair again T_T Not even a trim Hyojoo! NO! lol

I'm forgetting what she looks like with dark hair too... Her hair right now is like a mix of brown and red..

I hate her hair in BL sometimes T_T it's like.. it curves in in the middle length and then curls out. I hate it lol

And she's currently leading MNet 20s Choice Awards with almost 50,000 votes :D :D

Lol, I can imagine the two of us spazzing if HHJ interacts with the idols! LOL

jihye: That anime is soooo cute omgsh!! <3

And you're such a stalker! :P But thanks for your paparazzi skills :P

I wonder how old those photos are? :o

She and her friends seem really close :)

yozyoz: Haha, it's not that none of us don't like her with short hair, we just all miss her with long hair XD

And no problems! :)

- - - - -

At Hongdae for a new cookies CF shoot

1-26.jpg

2-26.jpg

3-23.jpg

4-22.jpg

5-18.jpg

6-15.jpg

7-13.jpg

She looks so tired T_T

No smile in any of these photos :(

Guest yongwonhi

hey lydia ! yea both wooyoung and HHJ have dorky personalities but i think wooyoung is going to make her laugh constantly

because i know he makes me laugh 24/7 haha. hwansung -> hwang chansung lol i never thought about that before and i love ur new profile pic+ur siggy !

hiii! what should i call you by? :)

hahaha i can totally imagine HHJ making Wooyoung laugh too ^^

lol imagine HHJ and Wooyoung MCing for Mnet 20's Choice Awards omg i would die @__@

haha yeahh when i saw hwansung at first i didn't even think woo hwan + eun sung LOL *stupid me*

hehe thanks ^^ yay for 2PM and HHJ~~ <3

HI LYDIAAA!~~~

I'm cindy ^^ Or you can just call me harmony :)

And hehe, I love your new avatar XD

Man, this time you wrote a paragraph T_T lol :P

Btw, I'm really happy to hear that you'll post more frequently! ^^

HHJ ftw!!

I think the MNet 20s Choice Awards is on.. August 28th if my memory serves me right.

So far away from now and 3 days after I start school T_T'

Omgsh, whenever I see Jay on photos or onscreen, I'm like.. There's no way he's 178cm! He's freaking TINY! But most of the time he's standing next to Taec or Chansung so it makes him look shorter :P

But still.. I'm always thinking how is he 178cm and yet he looks shorter than HHJ @_@

And omgsh, HHJ has so much charm <3 lol

Also, here's the video where Junsu and Taec say they like the type of girls like HHJ the most out of the group XD

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0l6Umweanw&fmt=18

Our resident translator anna (also a 2PM fan :P) translated some of the video. Her translation is a couple of pages back.. I'll try finding it ^^

& it's really hard not to spazz about 2PM >.> lol

*sighs. Imagine they have an endorsement with HHJ <3 That'd be so awesomeeeee but HHJ would get more antis T_T lol So nevermind!!

I miss her with long hair too T_T She's so stunning in that photo and she's not even aware of how pretty she is.. -.-' That kills me. Tch, give me her looks and I'd be bragging about it nonstop LOL

Hmms, I didn't notice her hair looking shorter.. I guess she got a little trim T_T

Whyyyy?! lol. Maybe it's to cut off all the split ends since she did have to have her hair curled and then straightened and permed a couple of times during BL :P *in denial.

I really like her with dark hair.. Her hair color right now is like.. so brown lol. It even looks orange in some pictures sometimes T_T

I loveeee the new Jambangee photo!! Everything about it just screams SEXY!! There are a lot of other denim brands with female celebrities endorsing for them, but HHJ's like.. doing the job the best. lol

Those skinny jeans look unbelievably good on her :o Lucky girl with her long, skinny legs T_T

hey cindy!!

thanks, i like your avatar too :P

and omg if i wrote a paragraph... YOU REALLY WROTE AN ESSAY THIS TIME!! LOL jk~ hahaha

august 28th?? arghh i'm still in china, and like, everything is blocked here TT and loads too slowly ahha :(

update lots with news and pictures! lol you're always so up to date with HHJ stuff :P

lol, i think i remember Jay said that he was actually only 170cm tall... so 178cm is definitely a lie!! hahah yeah cuz Junsu (and Khun... but i think he's slightly taller) is apparently 180cm, and there's no way Jay is only 2 cm shorter.. LOL

thanks for the video link!~ but arghh i can't watch it HAHAHA stupid youtube is blocked. TT at least soompi isn't blocked...i'd die lol

i'll look for the translations haha ^^

omg there are a lot of 2PM fans here... lol YAYY the only problem is i'm going to do too much 2PM spazzing.. not good (spam TT) but yeah it's so hard not to... :( :(

dude if HHJ did an endorsement with 2PM i'd alksdflsjdf !! lol forget the anti's, they're just jealous <_<

did she gain a lot more antis after heaven's postman and stuff? if HHJ did something with Jaejoong (Hyojae~~ lol) she can do something with 2PM too! although the chances are probably small...

yeahh omgg her old hair... i remember when Spring Waltz was airing, i REALLYYY wanted her hair...

i was like.. CAN I GET IT PERMED LIKE THIS!! hahaha it was ridiculously pretty ><

i'm not too fond of her hair color now, yeah... too orange >< but she's still pretty though~

she can pull it off for sure ^^ i'm just not a big fan of her hairstyle in general lol

so jealous of her b/c she can pull of any hairstyle...

lol yeah she probably got lots of split ends. or maybe it was at the length where it's really annoying? like, right at the shoulder area.. where it makes your hair go all over the place LOL that didn't make sense...

i love the Jambangee endorsement pictures cuz her hair is long!! >< and her legs are long grahhh

thanks for the interview translations btw!

And I just have to post this again eventhough this has been posted lots previously. This is one of my favorite image of her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/xOa...L3Ox/hhj-28.jpg

sorry for cutting your post short ^^

but omggg i LOVE THAT PIC!! yessss hahaha the hair and the glasses~ :)

Cute baskin robbins cartoon~

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Pei.../caricature.jpg

:D

I thought I'll do a lil paparazzi.

faces of HHJ's friends were blurred for privacy purposes.

sorry for cutting your post short~

thanks for sharing, and lol the BR cartoon is adorableee! huge eyes xP

yozyoz, sorry i'm not quoting your post because i just saw it as i was scrolling down and replying haha, but i'm sure there are other people who like her hair... but not me TT lol i like long hair~ :P

and thanks hurley for the translations! :)

------

i was going to post a pic, but the computer here is ridiculously slow TT i'm surprised i'm even able to reply (hopefully). so no pic for today... sorry, lots of text...

random other comments:

- fast runner!! lol she looks like the athletic type xP she's good at throwing baseball pitches too, eh? haha

- HHJ storytelling! i'd like to hear that haha seems like it'd be funny :P

- i like that HHJ isn't opposed to plastic surgery, and i like how she admits that she didn't like parts of herself but has learned otherwise. ^^ yay natural beauty!

A: wasn’t that amazing? LSG and I had never discussed about clothing, from the production announcement press conference on, it often turned out that way. Someone even suggested we dress up in couple clothes, but we didn’t plan it ahead, it often came out quite compatible. For instance, we were both in blue on the cruise ship shooting set. We really didn’t plan it. People would yell: “ you, you…” Our clothes colors were often similar, that also was the case in the last scene. “Why look alike again?” It truly was like that, as if there were a spy ….

LOL i found this hilarious... LSG and HHJ have good style! and similar style too! LOL so cute :)

i thought they had stylists on set too? hmm, her style was just that good? haha :P

^ who's that girl? is she also modeling for jambangee?

she seems so cool and calm during the translated interview but when u actually see the video of the interview she's so bubbly

her answers don't match her personality haha..

and i agree with u harmony that i don't like the way her hair in BL curves oddly >< i think that is like the style in korea now..

what happened to the long hair style lol..

lydia, u guys can call me sue or itic i'm fine with either haha i would die with u if wooyoung+HHJ are the MCs

we can all get overly excited when HHJ interacts with any idol during mnet 20 choice :D

yozyoz, i wasn't too fond of her short hair at first and i still don't really like it but i'm used to it ^^

thx harmony&jihye for the photo spams lol

Guest sanderella

bashful - hahah thanks for the pictures. yeahp whenever i rewatch NEW NON STOP 5, i'm like, "GOSH HHJ WAS SO PRETTY THEN." lol. and it sucks how LSK left NEW NONSTOP 5 D:< . lol..

anyways, gosh you post SOO many BR EVENT pics i can't even tell the difference from all the othe BR event pics you posted loll; they ALL look the same !! @__@ lol. i didn`t like HHJ in AMAHAE :P

i have to say she looked best in NEW NONSTOP5 :[