Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest sabricaze

Haha, no problem. Thanks for trying though! I had *some* luck in finding some recent HQ videos (MV and such).

sabricaze: Oh you're lucky.. It's really hard to find HHJ videos @_@ I remember before my desktop broke, I used Clubbox, but because everything's in Korean, I was so damn lost LOL. But anyways, thank you so much for taking the time to find these videos and uploading them onto YT for everyone to view! ^^

It's much appreciated! :D Do you mind if I add your YT account onto the first post under additional links? :)

- - - - -

Some pictures

A fan on HHJ's DCInside page made a collage of pre-debut HHJ.

viewimage-35.jpg

She looks the same~

There are some unseen photos in there :o I want to know where the creator found it!! lol

viewimage-34.gif

That's so cool *.*

Some .gifs I made from the SBS Entertainment TV video ^^

HHJ-cut-1.gif

HHJ-cut-2-1.gif

HHJ-cut-3-1.gif

HHJ-cut-4-1.gif

HHJ-cut-5-1.gif

HHJ-cut-6-1.gif

HHJ-cut-7-1.gif

HHJ-cut-8-1.gif

HHJ-cut-9-1.gif

HHJ-cut-10-1.gif

HHJ-cut-11-1.gif

HHJ-cut-12.gif

HHJ-cut-13.gif

HHJ-cut-14.gif

HHJ-cut-15.gif

HHJ-cut-16.gif

HHJ-cut-17.gif

HHJ-cut-18.gif

HHJ-cut-19.gif

HHJ-cut-20.gif

HHJ-cut-21.gif

HHJ-cut-22.gif

HHJ-cut-23.gif

Sorry for the laggage >.>

She's just so refreshing and the more you look at her, the more you can't help but find her more attractive <3

I definitely agree with you. And also with every pose and pictorial is like a new HHJ that theres always an element of surprise with every project.

And you said this before but I didn't comment about it but you're right, its more fun to spazz with people rather than just by yourself. :lol: I like commenting on people's contributions to this thread lolz

HHJ is already cute & pretty even during those pre-debut days.

Woaah, that's an HHJ crosstitch pattern... :lol:

and I like the gifs especially the 6th and 7th from the bottom. haha. I wonder what those circle and x stands for and what the questions were.

Wow, the crosstitch thing was really cool. Most've took a lot of time O:

I was leaning my head back and everything haha coughdorkcoughcough

Looking at the collab, it looks like HHJ had bangs all her life but she looks very pretty with them :)

I love the way she squinched up her face when she does the x and o signs :lol:

Bashful: Yeah, I noticed that. Like in every episode, I would noticed that they trimmed her bangs and it always look

crooked D: I have like OCD or something and I couldn't stop staring at it xP

I just had a brainfart..is My Sassy Girl the same thing as Delightful Girl ChoonHyang? ChoonHyang was pretty decent

though, like an A student? It'll be funny if she was a Swindler like in My Girl haha :lol:

Guest sanderella

ellenkiki - WORD! lol XD people need to stop saying HHJ looks like so and so becuz really .. HHJ is HHJ.

NO ONE, and i mean it, NO ONE looks like HHJ nor does she look like anyone O_O;

i really don`t understand how her and SHG are being compared o_O. . i mean, i just don`t see it .

bashful - haha yeah i understand what you mean. true, HHJ can easily look snobby since she can take a lot of make up and stuff, but i don`t want to see her as taht kind of character :P lol. although, she said she would like to try that kind of character lol. oooo its called, "it started with a kiss." lol , is she like a maybe for that role o-0.

hahaha yeahh well you like JJ better than LSK, i`ll like LSK >:]. muahhaaa

\like i don`t know if im going to make any sense but i think LSK is better at acting than kwon sangwoo, song seunghun, and all those other high profile celeberties. i don`t know, but for me, the way he acted as "SUN WOO HWAN", i just saw a side of LSK i never knew. LSK's acting is truely unique, just like HHJ's..

i don`t know, for me, i just think that LSK's acting is not a skill someone can copy, just like LEE MINHO when he was KU JUN PYO. hahaa agree with me? :P . and hahah yeah, i like how she wasn`t like "arguing" about her never getting surgery lol. . HHJ truely looks unique. ;P

anyways, i can`t wait till HHJ stars in another drama :P

and i don`t really care if LSK doesn`t come on a drama for a while, cuz

i like seeing him with only HHJ > :]

Wow, the crosstitch thing was really cool. Most've took a lot of time O:

I was leaning my head back and everything haha coughdorkcoughcough

Looking at the collab, it looks like HHJ had bangs all her life but she looks very pretty with them :)

I love the way she squinched up her face when she does the x and o signs :lol:

Bashful: Yeah, I noticed that. Like in every episode, I would noticed that they trimmed her bangs and it always look

crooked D: I have like OCD or something and I couldn't stop staring at it xP

I just had a brainfart..is My Sassy Girl the same thing as Delightful Girl ChoonHyang? ChoonHyang was pretty decent

though, like an A student? It'll be funny if she was a Swindler like in My Girl haha :lol:

ROFL OMGG same !! !

i noticed that HHJ's bangs keep getting shorter, and they're uneven too >.>

lol.. i guess she`s keeping her bangs like that ?? T_T

lmaooo brainfart . . o_O LMAOO

wow, looking at HHJ's pre debut pictures, she sure was always a beautiful person ..

inside and out :] she looks so sweet :o i really want to meet her.. she seems so kind.

Now that the drama`s over, LSK and HHJ should be clearing their calanders for a date :]

<3 Muahahhahahahaaaa

i mean, if LSK and HHJ DO go out, i think the response will be good, since a lot of fans want them to get together.

haha sanderella, i would like to see her bangs swept to the side

side bangs ^^

like sort of what she had during the sbs drama awards

and i never really thought of/wanted the idea of her going out with a celebrity before

lol i've been seeing lots of LSG/HHJ fans saying that they "should go out" or "him asking her out already"

i was a bit surprised when i saw those comments because even i don't really want to have the Jaejoo couple to actually go out even when i am a fan

but i don't mind it though :P

but i guess the fans must really like seeing them together to have the idea of them going out lol..

ah i see some more comments comparing HHJ and SHG..

i really think they don't look alike.

they are both pretty but i really do not like having HHJ compared to ppl..

at first i was okay with having her compared to such gorgeous actresses but now i just think its kind of annoying..

its been said so many times and i don't think it needs to be repeated again that "she looks like SHG"

and just coming to the thread and leaving one line saying she looks like ____ is really unnecessary..

anways welcome to the thread !

but fans should be saying more about her rather than just comparing her x]

thanks for posting the link damifino and sabricaze for uploading it. I haven't seen that one and I've been looking for that and Happy Sunday links with HHJ for like forever.

Thanks for the new pics and interview, bashful. I'm patiently waiting for at least another rough translation of the interview. The skirt looks better when she is sitting than when she is standing lolz.

And for the comparisons, this is how I think it is and I don't know if you'd agree with me. People outside of Korea are just starting to notice HHJ these days, thanks to BL, and they are used to Hallyu stars (like SHK), and kpop stars so they couldn't help but compare HHJ to the korean stars that they know and like. So they come here to say what they think without knowing that other people have already said the same things. Honestly, I would also like HHJ to be recognize as just herself ( or if comparison is inevitable, the comparisn will be like what we said... ____ looks like HHJ!) but its how she gets the attention of other people.

Guest hurley

Here is my translation of the 080709 HHJ interview with ISplus:(which I promised bashful that I would do it and post here)

(This may not be of perfection, but I have tried my best)

080709 Isplus HHJ INTERVIEW (translated fr Chinese Source: HHJ baidu tieba)

HHJ in short hair, looks so much like Eun Seon walking right off the screen of the drama, brilliant legacy; be her look, or her eye contacts.

HHJ reminds us of Eun Seon even though HHJ claims she separates herself well in real life from those roles in dramas: the way she looks at the wine glass, the way she claps her hands, and even when she speaks of her desire to play in a true romantic drama/story.

She has been busy w/ CF's and interviews after BL, but has never let anyone down, has always presented her best to the public, she is thus called "impressive girl".

She has been in the show biz for 5 yrs since her debut in "nonstop5" although she is only 22 yrs old. There comes another milestone for this new-age Cinderella.

When we met in Kang-Nan, I (the reporter) asked HHJ why she is so hard to get hold of. Her manager showed me her schedule; she is all booked, from July 26 thru mid Aug. She just returned from a CF shoot in the wee hour that morning right before we met. Here is the young blood, at her peak of career!

[HHJ's revenge to LSG in the kissing scene:]

She came in to meet, in short hair, wearing shorts, very charming looking, but also looked nervous. We had wine and fruits, she said” wow, this is my favorite wine" when she saw the "M" label wine.

There has been tremendous change after the airing of BL.lots of ppl recognize me, 5 yr old would call me Eun Seon sis, grandmas would say” how are you, Eun Seon?" I was happy to say hi to them as well.

I have learned a lot about acting from the senior actors (teachers, meaning, those more experienced/seasoned actors...)

[ABOUT LSG:]

He was my schoolmate, my peer, same yr, and same college, also played in “nonstop5". He is a hard worker, and very self-confident (of his own ability). He likes to be well prepped beforehand; this could create problems (distraction for instance) to others though.

Reporter: whatever it is, the same attitude (working hard and well prepped for everything)?

HHJ: not necessarily true. This creates problems when there is a last minute change made on the set. I think it’s funny though, b/c I am different in this regard.

Reporter: are you the pronto-responsive type of person then?

HHJ: nope, of course not. I work hard too; but every actor has different interpretation on a role.

[The kissing scenes and HHJ’s revenge]

Reporter: The kissing scenes with LSG were marvelous.

HHJ: oh, there were two kissing scenes. The first one should have been very romantic, but my nose got squished, that’s an unfortunate regret. I decided to carry out my revenge quietly at the 2nd kissing scene. It was supposed to be Eun Seon kissing Hwan, so I had my hands squeezing his face tightly! (ha, laughing).

[CF after BL]

Reporter: I heard your CF contracts have been pouring in after the BL?

HHJ: that’s an exaggeration, however, yes, there are a lot more now. In fact, I just finished shooting in Tai-An early this morning.

[Thoughts after BL]

Reporter: do you have any regret?

HHJ: not really since I have tried my best. On the other hand though, one can never say there is no regret with any project, but whatever the past is, never look back. I am the type who easily gets engaged in the role during the shooting, but gets out quickly too once the drama is over.

[Likes the nickname “impressive girl” very much]

Reporter: so we heard you have this nickname now?

HHJ: the fans named me “impressive girl” b/c of the ES role in BL. It means a gentle and kind girl. I like this term as well, this sounds better than being called “an actress”.

[HHJ’s beauty]

Reporter: come to think of it, you were wearing a white sexy mini-skirt in last year’s 100 Sang Film Award (2009) festival, why?

(There was surprise b/c it showed HHJ’s nice figure)

HHJ: I do have some nice figure, right? (laughing)

Reporter: what’s your secret (nice figure)?

HHJ: born with? Just a joke. Perhaps inherited from mom.

Reporter: your beauty is natural?

HHJ: yes, never have had cosmetic/plastic surgery. That doesn’t mean I am against plastic surgeries though.

Reporter: do you have part that you would like surgery done?

HHJ: of course, but I love my current look. I sometimes am not satisfied w/ myself, but feel ok after I change/adjust my thinking. The urge of having the surgery would vanish after a thorough reflection, I haven’t even there has been suggestion that I have the mole under my left-eye removed. I like it this way…

[iDEAL MAN: whom I can lean on]

HHJ took another sip of wine, a half bottle was gone! But her face didn’t blush much. She mentioned before, she could drink up a half bottle wine, 3-4 bottles of Shochu. It looks though she is better than that.

Reporter: what’s your drinking habit?

HHJ: not anything in particular. My face doesn’t usually blush much; only I would get sentimental after drinking a lot.

Reporter: did you drink wine during the shooting?

HHJ: no, I couldn’t drink during the shooting since I would have pimples popped up. I didn’t drink in the celebration party after the finale since I had a CF shooting the next day. This is my first drink after the BL shooting.

Reporter: what project would you like to be challenged next?

HHJ: I would love to play in a profound romantic story. I am at the prime of my beauty and it’s time for me to take on a beautiful love story.

(This answer was as expected and then I poured more wine for HHJ. Here came the time for the question: the hot and well publicized scandal even though her manager asked me before the interview not to mention anything about the scandal).

Reporter: about the scandal?

HHJ: I knew you would ask, please stop asking, I was hurt when the rumor first surfaced. It will hurt him more if we continue this subject.

(Should we just take it that your relationship is simply oppa/sis?)

HHJ: yes, certainly.

(The air turned awkward, we had to change the subject)

[Your ideal man?]

Who he is very enthusiastic about his work, and whom I can lean on.

I may not look like it but I truly am a type who relies on BF a lot.

[When will you get married?]

HHJ: definitely not now but will one day for sure.

[What type of man would gross you out?]

HHJ: man who boasts often, it’s nice to be confident, but boasting too much is skin deep and can be very disgusting.

[An obedient daughter but foolish sometimes]

HHJ was living with Ivi for 3 yrs

HHJ: we were roommates when I was an intern at Fanton Entertainment. Actually Block also was a roommate; three of us lived together, we were happy living together but also had our own space.

[Many screen audition failures?]

HHJ: not really. I didn’t have that many failures, often went for an audition but came home without trying out. I struggled and couldn’t make up my mind whether to go for auditions in my first yr of college b/c my college life was so wonderful then.

[Debut thru beauty pageant]

Reporter: your debut was thru a beauty pageant, right?

HHJ: you knew about this too? I was crowned Miss Smile in 2003. The talent shows included fairy tales reading and group dancing.

Reporter: I am surprised that you read fairy tales in the pageant.

HHJ: mom is a public servant in the dept of education. She was a kindergarten teacher; I got exposed to it (fairy tales reading).

[Moved out of home in 11th grade]

Reporter: you moved out of your parents house, came to Seoul alone.

HHJ: my dad was against my move. He was a military man before.

Reporter: what kind of daughter are you at home?

HHJ: obedient but don’t know how to express myself.

[What was your high school life like?]

I was a tomboy, liked running and ball games. My running record for 100 meter was 15 seconds. I transferred in my 11th grade from an all-girl school to a co-ed high school. I was good at sports, and very happy when those boys praised me for doing great.

[Heard you have read lots of books?]

HHJ: not as many as said, but I like to read whenever I have a chance. The book I am reading recently is “orange prep”(don’t know about this book), a book that brings hope to those who suffer and those who have difficulties.

[What would you do if you weren’t an actress?]

An unemployed looking for a job.

[For you to think: what question would you ask HHJ if you were a reporter?]

HHJ: I will skip. (laughing)

[What’s in your handbag?]

HHJ: I didn’t know you would check my bag (getting bit nervous)

(HHJ was getting stressed, and the situation got kind of awkward since no one ever asked to see what’s in her handbag before)

After a bit of persuasion, from her Marc Jacobs handbag she took out a cell phone, a purse, a pair of eyeglass frames, a headband, and a book. Her cell phone and purse are both pink in color. She said pink is her favorite color. There were some $1000 coins.

The glasses are used when she wears no makeup. The cap goes with shorts and T-shirts, while the headband was a gift from fans.

c2503cadc176ee204a36d603.jpg

thx for the translation hurley!!

she is so considerate of the other party when they were talking about the scandal x]

seems like she has a busy schedule

i hope she doesn't work herself too much

what u said kozuesan is true

but in order to have an interest in HHJ, their must be at least a reason why they noticed her or why they think she looks like someone

if they just say "she looks like ___" do they mean it in a good way or a bad way?..

because by saying just that line they could mean (this is just an example) "she's just a wannabe" or etc..

and to me its just spamming ><

but i really hope if they come here in interest of HHJ, that they at least leave a compliment or a reason of some sort about why they like her or think she looks like __

Guest starlight tears

[Your ideal man?]

Who he is very enthusiastic about his work, and whom I can lean on.

I may not look like it but I truly am a type who relies on BF a lot.

LSG looks very enthusiastic about his work and somebosy you can lean on!

Wow... giving this two a chance for sure..without pressure...they sure can be a couple.

So Ji Sub... she has a good taste.. very good actor and also very hot! so is LSG...

Guest yongwonhi

^ hmm, i think it's just in people's nature to go, "hey this person looks like ___!" hahaha i mean, if i see someone who looked like my friend or someone i knew, i'd probably say that too... and i always get "hey lydia! i saw someone who looked like you the other day." LOL apparently there are a lot of me's everywhere... -_-

and it's always different for people. i mean, i don't see the SHK similarities either, but apparently a lot of other people do? haha~

yongwonhi: *scoffs. Whatchu talking 'bout Willis?!

lol jk! I do not write essays D8 They're paragraphs! Lol Maybe the hairstyle contributed to the comparison too~ Cause Sun Ye had that kind of hairstyle too (I think..?) And.. I don't want to be cocky and jinx it but I think HHJ will win it! LOL *knocks on wood. She really deserves it! And I can't imagine how happy it'll make her if she wins! Gah! I can't wait to see her on the blue carpet! I want to see her take a picture with the other celebrities there! Like Hyori, LSGi (it'd be funny if they came together. Scandal LOL), and omgsh I'd faint if I saw her with the 2PM boys.. I think she and Taec would look so good together cause they both have the height and have big smiles/teeth LOL *fantasizes.

haha, bashful_harmony, okayy fine they're paragraphs... xD

yeah i think it had to do with the hairstyle too... hehe i think they're both really pretty~

lol! yeahh i bet she would be super happy (as well as us fans LOL)~~

omg lol HHJ with the 2PM boys... now that would make my day *dies* haha she'd be taller than jay, LOL but yeahh her with taec would be awesome... or her with khun, cuz their height would match too, and khun is so pretty LOL

actually, i wouldn't be surprised if she went with LSG... especially since they did just film a drama together ;P maybe for promotions? hehehe

i was going through my old photobucket account and came across some random, old HHJ photos! hahaha. i remember i really liked these so i saved them - this is like... a few years ago... LOL

i miss her hair like this... so pretty!

hhj.jpg

haha cute with glasses

hhj-1.jpg

hhj1.jpg

Guest suncine445

LSG at the BL special was really humble and a great guy.You do not get a lot from successful entertainer these days. His honest thought about the choice between IN2D and any multi dollar drama is a very well and great speech.He is certainly a very intelligent,sensitive multi talented person, with a more matured outlook than his actual age..There is not many around :D Showed that Trust and loyalty is a very important element in his character.Any girl would be proud having a BF like him.

SJS is hot but like someone said maybe a bit old for her. Ha ha....

Guest cherillyn

true SJS might be a tad bit old for her but perhaps that's what she seeks for in a man - maturity.

so is JJ the person in question whom she had a scandal with? based on the pics they took in the pub where everyone's speculating where his hands were? or did i miss out on something bigger?

i just love this girl to bits - heaps of people criticised her performance in Spring waltz but i think she did great and even better in Shining Inheritance. she can evoke emotions easily and her laughter is sweet and contagious. Seriously i don't know how her male co-stars can resist her charm - lol i bet they must be heaps professional to maintain the distance :P

Guest jihye87

Hi all~

adding some pics from interview :D

2009081015055871082_1.jpg

2009081015055871082_2.jpg

one more~ :D

200908091025301020_2.jpg

hello cherillyn~ the 'scandal' in the interview was on HHJ with this guy from Fullhouse (the wimpy buddie of SHK!) ..

Thanks for the translations Hurley!! Seems like our girl is getting too busy. I hope she's not stressed out on finishing her assignments before her contract ends. And I just found out a common trait between me and HHJ, we can drink. Hahahaha~!!!

Oh Yongwonhi! I gotta say the pictures you posted brought back memories of HHJ in NN5 where she's all goofy and silly. I love her in those red glasses! :D

And thanks to Sabricaze for the vids! Since HHJ wants to go on a trip, some sponsor should just send her on a holiday to take pictures for her endorsements!! :D

I'm doing a lot of catching up on HHJ this few days cos I'm officially out of college!!! woohoo! haha ..

I first posted in here in before I entered college and it's been omg (!!!!) 3 years?!

Can't wait for HP and also HHJ's CFs!

thank you so much for the translation Hurley. I agree with itic, I like it that she was thinking more of what answering those types of questions repeatedly might do to the other party. When she said she wanted a bf she can really lean on, it reminds me of Nonstop 5 when Tablo does a lot of things for her character, especially the buying of her supposedly nightmare which turned out to be a lucky dream, lolz.

Itic, I got your point. Its just that somehow I was like them before. The only difference is that I like her in her character role first (as Eun Chae) then I started watching her other dramas which made me think that she looks like someone I also like. For people to actually go into this thread means she might have somehow spark some interest in them. And since she gets compared with beautiful actresses I take that as a compliment. She is not big yet in the international field and I really, really hope that one day she gets to be recognized as just herself. But from the time being, I regard this as a humbling experience for HHJ, (like the senior actresses' comments on her looks in the special).

But I agree with you, it would be nice if a compliment or a reason of liking her is also posted.

Starlight tears and suncine445 ...two words.. HwanSung forever....hahaha. But honestly, I like it that they remained professional amidst all the teases they got during the filming process because they got to concentrate on being Hwan and Eun Sung instead of as LSG and HHJ. But now that its over, lolz, haha, whatever will be will be. haha

Yongwoonhi, I like her with glasses as well, she looks cute in that one. There's this one picture where she wore a black rimmed glasses and she has this wavy long black hair and she was wearing a black and white shirt. She was soooooooo gorgeous in that one.

cherillyn, welcome to this thread! No, JJ is not the person whom she had scandal with most recently. It's another guy (who's name slipped out of my mind, so sorry). But I looove reading that last part of your post, lolz and maybe they're just reeeally good actors haha.

edit...wooaahhh, jihye, thanks for sharing those pics. I love the pic where she was looking up the sky. :D And congratulations! :)

Sabricaze, Thanks for those videos!

I think I remember someone saying something about how she doesn't sing well (like during the ride-away movie)

Personally I don't think HHJ sings that bad, it sounds pretty nice actually :lol:

Thank you for the translated interview as well! :lol:

Sanderella: Yea! I really want to meet her as well. I wanted to kick my self when she visit the states for Korea Air.

One of the states was where I lived D:

But I bet I was still in school at that time.. Oh darn it :(

P.S. I saw this one HHJ avatar/icon! It was really pretty. Forgot who it was though xP