[variety] Goldfish 황금어장

Guest silverwingz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Moon Hee Jun confesses he once had a bad relationship with Tony An

Moon Hee Jun revealed on a recent episode of MBC’s ‘Radio Star‘ that there was a time when his relations with fellow H.O.T member, Tony An, had soured.

During the program, Yoon Jong Shin asked Moon Hee Jun, “When Tony An came on, Kim Gura said that Tony An had a bad relationship with you – what do you think about that?“. The singer replied, “It’s foolish talk.”

However, he continued, “To be honest, when we split into two groups of 3:2, our friendship did decline. But in a situation like that, a bad relationship was all that could result from it.”

But Moon Hee Jun later confirmed, But right now I consider him as a close brother.”

H.O.T., considered to be the iconic Korean boy band from back in the day, disbanded in 2001. That year, Kangta and Moon Hee Jun remained with SM Entertainment, while Tony An, Lee Jae Won, and Jang Woo Hyuk moved to a different company and formed the unit ‘JTL‘.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/moon-hee-jun-confesses-he-once-had-a-bad-relationship-with-tony-an

Guest adikkeluangman

Co-Ed’s CEO regrets the use of the members’ long nicknames

While making an appearance on the November 24th broadcast of MBC’s “Radio Star,” participating members from T-ara and Co-Ed revealed that their company CEO had regretted about using such elaborate names for the Co-Ed members.

MC Kim Kuk Jin mused, “Your four-character names are much like TVXQ. One must have a certain level of pride in order to name yourselves after such a group; why did you?”

Co-Ed consists of unique names such as One Light Hyo Young, One Star Hyewon, Star Light Chanmi, Smile Soomi, Wise Taewoon, Rascal Kwang Haeng, Sky Earth Yoosung, Hot Blood Kangho, Balance Noori, and Solid Sungmin, all personally named by Kim Kwang Su, CEO of Core Contents Media.

T-ara’s Hyomin added, “When the member names for Co-Ed were first revealed, it didn’t receive a great response. The CEO must’ve seen the replies, as he asked me, ‘What do you think of the names?’ I replied that the reactions weren’t great and he began regretting it, saying, ‘I thought so.’”

Netizens commented, “Honestly, the member names are kind of much,” “Their comedic names made it easier to get used to them,” and “They have to go back to the naming center.”

Another segment of the show examined the reason behind T-ara’s need for a new member. When asked by MC Yoon Jong Shin why they decided to take on a new member, T-ara replied, “Ryu Hwa Young is the same age as maknae Jiyeon. Our CEO wanted to lower our average age so he added her.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/co-eds-ceo-regrets-the-use-of-the-members-long-nicknames

Kim Gura teases T-ara’s Jiyeon about her eyes

On this week’s episode of MBC’s ‘Radio Star’, MC Kim Gura exhibited his acid wit once more as he lightheartedly scrutinized T-ara Jiyeon’s eyes the moment she entered the set.

The comedian joked to Jiyeon, “It seems like your eyes have gotten closer together since the last time we last met? When I saw your eyes, I thought they were one.”

Laughing it off, Jiyeon brushed off the comment and said they weren’t, however the joke between the MCs didn’t stop there. MC Yoon Jong Shin commented, “Jiyeon’s face makes you focus on it more,” causing the whole set to burst into laughter.

Kim Gura added the final touch with, “Other stars make up this celebrity lineage of faces with close-set eyes too, like Kwak Jae Moon and Shin Dong Yeop.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/kim-gura-teases-t-aras-jiyeon-about-her-eyes

Co-Ed’s One Light Hyo Young talks about her past pageant days

On this week’s episode of MBC’s ‘Radio Star’, Co-Ed member One Light Hyo Young talked about her past participation in the Korean traditional pageant, ‘Miss Chunhyang’.

“In the 1st round, they look at your figure and appearance, while for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, they test your intelligence. In the 2nd stage, they throw questions at you, and if you answer them all without hesitation, you go through to the next round. I received the question, ‘What do you think about girls smoking?’,” said One Light Hyo Young.

She continued, “They don’t judge you on swimwear, but they do get you to wear very slim-fitting skinny jeans and tight white t-shirts. I think that was for them to judge on our body figures.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/co-eds-one-light-hyo-young-talks-about-her-past-pageant-days

Guest adikkeluangman

Super Junior’s Heechul now a fixed MC for MBC ‘Radio Star’

Following his guest MC role on MBC’s ‘Radio Star‘ not long ago, Super Junior’s Heechul has now been appointed as a fixed MC for the show.

On December 1st, Kim Heechul participated in the recording of ‘Radio Star’ as a fixed MC for his first time, replacing previous MC, Shin Jung Hwan.

“Kim Heechul recorded his first ‘Radio Star’ episode as a permanent MC today. There is quite an age difference between him and other MCs, however, since Heechul has the tendency to get along well, I don’t think it will be too much of a problem. He matches well particularly with Kim Gura,” said a representative of ‘Radio Star’.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/super-juniors-heechul-now-a-fixed-mc-for-mbc-radio-star

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Gura makes fun of Co-Ed’s “Bbiribbom Bberibbom”

Kim Gura made some sarcastic comments towards Co-Ed’s title song, “Bbiribbom Bberibbom” on the December 1st episode of MBC’s “Radio Star.”

Moon Hee Jun introduced the group by stating, “They have two title tracks from their digital single along with a mini-album release. They have been actively promoting thus far but aren’t well known.”

Upon hearing one of their title tracks to be “Bbiribbom Bberibbom,” MC Kim Gura sarcastically commented, “What is that? Some kind of alien speech (bbang sang)?,” causing Star Light Chanmi and One Light Hyo Young to be taken aback.

The ‘bbang sang’ was an internet phenomenon stemming from a woman that claimed to be able to converse with aliens. She made up a series of incomprehensible words such as ‘bbang sang,’ ‘kke rang kka rang’ and even had a song made up of the sounds ‘bbang bbang ddong ddong ddong….’

Kim Gura, who once made a broadcast appearance with the woman, went on to state, “I saw that lady in person. However, she didn’t arrive on a spacecraft, she came riding the KTX.”

He then turned to One Light Hyo Young and asked her to pick out her part in the song.

Hyo Young replied, “I sing the ‘da da da da da da’ part.” When asked to elaborate more specifically, she replied, “I sing the ‘da da da da da’ part after the ‘dot dot dot dot dot’ part,” causing the studio to burst out in laughter.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/kim-gura-makes-fun-of-co-eds-bbiribbom-bberibbom

Moon Hee Jun admits to being a T-ara fanboy!

H.O.T’s former member, Moon Hee Jun expressed his admiration for T-ara member Eunjung’s talents on the December 1st episode of MBC’s “Radio Star.”

He began by stating, “I always thought that the person that sang the highlight part in T-ara’s ‘Crazy Because of You‘ would do well as a solo artist. I wanted to bring her to me once her contract ended and produce her myself.”

Eunjung, unable to hide her joy after being complimented by a senior, began singing her highlight part on the spot, causing Moon to exclaim, “Oh, it’s her!”

MC Kim Gura sarcastically butted in by adding, “You can’t even raise yourself, what’re you talking about being the CEO?” Moon retorted, “Why not? I’m not bad, you know!,” but soon after turned towards Eunjung and asked, “Please raise me. I’ll work hard.”

Moon then went on to reveal, “I’ve always liked SNSD up until the point where I saw another team that managed to shake my heart. It was none other than T-ara. I fell in love with Jiyeon after seeing her dance to ‘Bo Peep Bo Peep.‘” Jiyeon then got up and began dancing the choreography, causing Moon to shout with joy while the others burst out with laughter.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/moon-hee-jun-is-a-t-ara-fanboy

T-ara’s Jiyeon had plastic surgery?

T-ara’s Jiyeon accidentally confessed that she underwent plastic surgery in an unguarded moment during her appearance on MBC’s “Radio Star.”

The topic of discussion was most of the members of T-ara being from some sort of ‘Little Miss Korea’ pageant during their younger years. Eunjung had revealed that she was a ‘Little Miss Korea’ while Co-Ed’s One Light Hyo Young revealed that she was ‘Miss Chunhyang.’

MC Kim Gura went on to ask, “Everyone used to be in pageants. Jiyeon, do you think that you’re the prettiest? After surgery?”

Jiyeon responded, “I didn’t do surg-… No, I don’t know.” To the viewers who watched the exchange, they felt that Jiyeon practically admitted to having work done when she didn’t know how to respond.

Hyomin and Eunjung attempted to ameliorate the situation by adding, “She’s smart.” Hyomin also hinted at plastic surgery by stating, “I think I looked better before.”

Jiyeon answered, “I look better now.”

One Light Hyo Young concluded, “I look the same,” causing Hyomin and Jiyeon to glare at her.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/t-aras-jiyeon-had-plastic-surgery

Guest adikkeluangman

SuJu’s Kim Heechul takes an oath on ‘Radio Star’ + addresses gay rumors

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul made a promise to viewers that he would not create any setbacks for as long as he is the fixed MC of MBC’s “Radio Star.”

On the December 8th episode, he stated, “As it is my first step as an MC, I will do my best.”

Fellow MC Kim Gura, who’s known to be quite strict during the inauguration process, added, “Let’s take an oath of ethical purity in celebration of our new DJ, Kim Heechul, and to show that he is ready for it. Kim Heechul, will you not drink and drive? Will you not use violence in whatever the situation? Will you not take on weird(?) hobbies?”

Kim Heechul pledged, “I will make sure nothing of that sort happens. I’ll get rid of every possibility that could lead to that.”

When the MCs demanded that he make sure Super Junior’s overseas activities wouldn’t interfere with the show’s recording, he answered, “I’m strict with managing my schedule.”

Yoon Jong Shin whipped out his scare tactics by further adding, “Shin Jung Hwan once appeared on the show with crutches, and I, too, once appeared even after undergoing hemorrhoidectomy. ‘Radio Star’ only acknowledges sick leaves, so make sure you don’t skip work and do your best.”

By this time, the atmosphere on the show was pretty intense and it kicked up a notch after Kim Gura dug into some gay rumors surrounding Kim Heechul. He asked, “Some time ago, I heard that Kim Heechul was gay. Someone came up to me and said, very seriously, that Mithra and Kim Heechul were gay, so I wanted to ask him myself.”

Yoon Jong Shin added his own speculation with, “If you look on Twitter, you can feel Def Conn’s love for Heechul as well. It’s nearly on the level of glorification.”

Kim Heechul, much to his own amusement, replied, “Macho men with beards usually really like me. Despite being an idol, I really like girls. You’ll see later when I get married.”

Kim Gura concluded, “It could be a disguise.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/sujus-kim-hee-chul-takes-an-oath-on-radio-star-addresses-gay-rumors

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Gura reveals reason for leaving ‘Hot Brothers’

Talent Kim Gura revealed the reason he left ‘Hot Brothers‘ on the opening of the December 22nd broadcast of MBC’s ‘Radio Star‘.

He said, “In 2010, I was still a hot icon.When I got a manicure, I was the most searched item on the internet. I’m this hot, but my brothers have abandoned me.” His way of speaking implied that it was not his decision to leave the show.

On November 29th, Kim’s management had stated, “He has decided to leave because he will be part of a new program, and it will be difficult to control his schedule.”

After Kim left the show, netizens had all sorts of suspicions, including ones like “Park Myung Soo and Kim Gura are like water and oil, and the producers chose Park Myung Soo over him,” and “Kim Gura abandoned ‘Hot Brothers’ due to the plummeting ratings“.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/kim-gura-reveals-reason-for-leaving-hot-brothers

Guest adikkeluangman

MBC’s “Radio Star” writer under fire for hate message against JYJ

A writer for MBC’s variety program, “Radio Star“, has become entangled in a controversy with JYJ fans over a series of tweets she wrote on her personal Twitter account.

She wrote, “Honestly, you guys really need to fail. That’s the only way the world can continue revolving around promises and loyalty. Your excuse stating, ‘They did not treat us like human beings,’ is only because you guys weren’t humans to begin with. Don’t act like you’re the victim, sociopaths. I hate you guys so much, I can’t even sleep! This is the first time in my life I’ve ever seen someone as disgusting as you guys.”

Netizens immediately criticized her tweets by leaving comments such as, “As a variety program writer, she should not be speaking as if she knows everything that is going on with the members. No matter how personal her thoughts are, it’s shared in a public environment online, and it’s extremely embarrassing to the JYJ members,” and “She also previously wrote, ‘I feel like throwing up, I feel disgusted even reading your lyrics. I’m miserable, my parents are watching the drama I hate the most (“Sungkyunkwan Scandal“), and I can’t even change the channel. It’s not like they know my anger.‘”

Livid fans flocked to the “Radio Star” message board and scolded the writer furiously, which led to a formal apology. “I’d like to apologize. It’s public, but I didn’t think that so many people would read my tweets. I really am pathetic. Since it was just a pathetic instance from a pathetic person, please be generous with your understanding. Since it’s the New Year now, let’s put this in the past. Have a Happy New Year.”

She has since deactivated her Twitter account.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/mbcs-radio-star-writer-under-fire-for-hate-message-against-jyj

Guest adikkeluangman

Heechul confirms that Super Junior has renewed contracts with SME

Amidst the contract controversies involving TVXQ/JYJ, Super Junior’s Hangeng and most recently Kara, SuJu member Heechul revealed today that he, along with his fellow members, have decided to renew their contracts with SM Entertainment.

On the January 19th radio broadcast of MBC’s Golden Fishery, Heechul stated, “Not long ago, I re-signed my contract with my agency.” Kim Gu Ra inquired, “Is that good news?” and Yong Jong Shin enviously quipped, “It means he’s received a lump sum. A lump sum,” drawing laughter.

Heechul also revealed that the rest of Super Junior had also decided to re-sign their contracts with SM Entertainment last November on his SBS radio program, Kim Heechul’s Young Street. The idol expressed his faith in SME, stating, “A man must live with loyalty.”

Heechul isn’t the first SME artist to talk about their statuses with SME; a few weeks ago, fellow bandmate Siwon and singer BoA spoke up about their hard work as artists and discomfort with the term ’slave contract.’

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/heechul-confirms-that-super-junior-has-renewed-contracts-with-sme

Guest adikkeluangman

How are Heechul and Bada similar?

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul recently revealed on MBC’s Radio Star that since his training days before debuting, he often heard that he was similar to singer Bada.

On January 26th, while Heechul talked with guest Shoo regarding her past days, he expressed, “People said that because of our shared blood type AB that I am exactly like Bada in many aspects.” When Kim Gura commented that Bada’s personality is strong, Shoo replied, “This is because Bada unni likes this kind of work and is the leader.” After Shoo’s attempt to protect Bada’s image, Heechul questioned, “I heard that Bada is a perfectionist,” to which Shoo cringed and answered, “She wants to be a perfectionist, but when she is obsessed with a certain ‘feel’ we have to hide that.”

Shoo then continued, “Bada unni would always dance and sing in front of the bathroom at the television broadcast building. When the clothes stylists asked where Bada is, we would find her covered in sweat absorbed in the music.” Furthermore, Kim Heechul also added, “I heard that Shoo is the kindest. People say to me that my personality is similar to Bada’s.” Shoo agreed to Heechul’s statement, saying, “I heard that too. Were you type AB blood too? Your members must have a hard time,” causing Heechul to be flustered.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/how-are-heechul-and-bada-similar

Guest adikkeluangman

Ga-In to re-sign her contract and continue with the Brown Eyed Girls

On February 2nd’s broadcast of MBC’s Lunar New Year special of “Golden Fishery’s” corner “Radio Star,” Ga-In showed her deep affection for her group, Brown Eyed Girls.

During the talk show, the MCs brought up the subject about Ga-In’s contract with her agency, Nega Network. In their discussion, Ga-In revealed, “my contract expired,” and “I’m currently in a status where I didn’t re-sign the contract.”

She continued, “To tell you the truth, I get calls from other agencies, but I want to be part of the Brown Eyed Girls for a long time… I’m going to re-sign the contract.”

Furthermore, regarding the statement that she “seemed to have changed after entering the acting industry,” she answered, “Because each members [of Brown Eyed Girls] do their own respective activities, the unni’s might feel that way. In addition, when I was cast into a movie, the unni’s were very busy.”

Meanwhile in this episode, Ga-In also revealed that thanks to her famous eye make-up, she was chosen as a model for a cosmetic CF, and more details about this endorsement will be revealed to the public soon.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/ga-in-to-re-sign-her-contract-and-continue-with-the-brown-eyed-girls

Ga-In is finally filming an eyeliner CF!

Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga-In is famous for her bold usage of eyeliner, and it looks like she’ll finally film a CF for her emblematic icon!

During MBC’s “Golden Fishery- Radio Star“, host Kim Gura asked Ga-In, “Don’t you get any calls for eyeliner commercials since you use so much eyeliner?”

Ga-In smiled and said, “I’m currently doing one. It’s going to air soon.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/ga-in-is-finally-filming-an-eyeliner-cf

Ga-In reveals her ideal man criteria

Ga In revealed that her ideal man is someone who’s older than her.

On February 2nd, Ga-In guested on MBC’s “Radio Star” and was asked about the love triangle involving herself, Jun Tae Soo, and Yoo Doo Joon in their sitcom, “All My Love“. She responded, ”I actually like a man who is older.”

She continued, “I don’t have an age limit. Even if they are in the age range of my seniors like Kim Kap Soo and Jung Ho Bin, it doesn’t matter if it’s someone I love.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/ga-in-reveals-her-ideal-man-criteria

Archived