Soompi! 20 Years! Time flies!

SUPER.NANA

Congrats to Soompi on the 20 years of being one of the very first influential forum to spread the Korean culture!

I joined soompi with my previous and forgotten account around 2004.

I am reminiscing my younger years of being on Soompi has taught me so much about the korean culture. I discovered how obsessed I was with every fan fiction with Shinhwa in it. I also was obessesed with T.B. Solangel and Con Template's awesome stories(now on amazon). I also learned how to use photoshop through the graphics section. I also bought things through the shops section. I remember being so eager to turn 18? or 21? to be able to access the 18/21+ section of the forum where the "adult talks" were happening.

I also remember the BIG crash of 2005--which caused me to forget my previous account . What an uproar that was back then. Oh! I also remember when Tiffany of SNSD logged onto SOOMPI -I remember FREAKING OUT how awesome that was! Anyway, I just wanted to share some of my experience throughout my lifetime here at soompi. If you have any memories you'd like to share may it be old or new please do share! I would love to read of your experience here!

• 1 month later...
  • Oohh that crash... yeah, I totally don't remember my account before then.
  • Meeting Soomp herself a few times was always an honor.
  • The meetups and gatherings were really fun.
  • The radio clubs.
  • I remember going into L&R for all the stories.
  • The weekly Top 10 in the music subforum was my go-to for finding out about new songs.

Archived