Hi Fellow Soompiers!

I just bought a small company from a friend who had started the businesses about 2 years ago.  I'm new to all this and saw an opportunity in owning a businesses and decided to try it out.  It wasn't a very big investment, so the risk is very low.  

I'm trying to get some advice on owning a small business and would like to ask you guys some questions.  I'm not very good at networking and I have zero marketing knowledge, so anything helps!  I know, I know, some of you might ask "ok, so if you don't know how to network or market, then why did you get into this in the first place?"  Well, I got into this because it's always been a dream of mine to own a businesses and so I saw a very low risk opportunity and decided to try my hand at it.  We gotta start somewhere, right?

Have any of you started your own business or currently own one?  How did you manage your marketing efforts?  How did you network?  How did you bring your name out there?  How did you make your first sale?  What were some issues you came across when you first started your business?  Did you expand your business?  If so, how?  Did you hire any employees?  

Thanks, everyone!!

Archived