Sm Town Official Thread

Guest saltnpepper

Guest splendidlure

omg. i just watched the 2004 music video. i miss it so much. it was the last video that they actually went somewhere. now everyone's like to busy to go to a "vacation" lol. i miss the old days of SM.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i've just come to a certain realization. on the next smtown album, because snsd has joined the crew, each singer will get to sing like five words. hmm...just some food for thought for the next time smtown's album is released ^^

• 4 weeks later...

SM Chief Lee Gets Global Frontier Award [ 2007-10-22 ]

SM Entertainment Chairman Lee Soo-man has been recognized for his contribution to the Korean culture boom of hallyu.

On Friday in Seoul, he received the Global Frontier Award at the Global CEO award ceremony and case presentation. Over the years, Lee's SM has created a slew of top idol singers and bands such as HOT, BoA, TVXQ and Super Junior. He was recognized for playing a leading role in the hallyu boom all across Asia and for boosting national brand value.

After recieving the award, Lee also presented the success story of the hallyu phenomenon. He introduced SM Entertainment's overseas advance strategy, including a three step localization strategy.

He said, "Once the Asian network gains stream, the Asian market will grow to compete with the US and Europe. SM Entertainment will continue to foster Asia's culture market as a leader of Asian pop culture and carry on various projects to raise Korea's profile."

Source: KBS GLOBAL, original article can be viewed here

Guest --hearts.

Dude, SM Town is HUGE now. Before there was what...38 members? Now add 9 more. O_O If they do release a winter album, I do hope BoA comes back for it although it would be a big chaotic mess to have all of them in the same place to shoot a MV.

It's funny how the article only says H.O.T., BoA, DBSK, and Super Junior. I can see why they picked them since H.O.T. is legend and the other three are current legends, but we must not forget S.E.S., Fly to the Sky, and Shinhwa. No doubt that SM knows how to pick them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest silverfire444

Dude, SM Town is HUGE now. Before there was what...38 members? Now add 9 more. O_O If they do release a winter album, I do hope BoA comes back for it although it would be a big chaotic mess to have all of them in the same place to shoot a MV.

It's funny how the article only says H.O.T., BoA, DBSK, and Super Junior. I can see why they picked them since H.O.T. is legend and the other three are current legends, but we must not forget S.E.S., Fly to the Sky, and Shinhwa. No doubt that SM knows how to pick them.

i agree, i thought it was already pretty large, and now SNSD is in it. o___O either less people are going to have solo lines or everyone's going to have to sing a few words each. ah well. still looking forward to it. :D

also, congrats to lee sooman. i know there's a lot of rumors about him, but seriously, i think we should thank him a bit too; without him, we wouldn't have boybands or girlbands; or maybe even korean pop music in general. :)

there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion here. o___o

i agree, i thought it was already pretty large, and now SNSD is in it. o___O either less people are going to have solo lines or everyone's going to have to sing a few words each. ah well. still looking forward to it. :D

also, congrats to lee sooman. i know there's a lot of rumors about him, but seriously, i think we should thank him a bit too; without him, we wouldn't have boybands or girlbands; or maybe even korean pop music in general. :)

there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion here. o___o

i think they'll gonna let two people sing per line..lol like in their latest album..

Guest splendidlure

ierno. it seems to me that they're gonna stop making SMTOWN albums since everyone's too spread out(japan, korea & china)/ busy.

it really seems to me from the SM town summer vacation 2007. sm being too busy to make new songs so it was a basically a remake album. a proper mv was not made. it was just clips from them recording & their concert. they only had time to meet up to take pictures. so yeahh. i wanna be optimistic but yeahh. SM should stop debuting new groups. you have too many as it is.

Guest ^w-nGz^

^

blackbeat disbanded already...

jinyoung recently debuted with another male singer as a rnb/ballad duo called By JinSung...

theres a thread for them here in soompi too~

while the other members also carry on with other works (jaewon is a choreographer)..

so they disbanded...

Guest kaat;chup

i would like to ask if anybody here knows when the winter album2007 will be out?? I am so eager to see the new SM TOWN MV.. something to look forward to every christmas.. :D thanks!`

^

blackbeat disbanded already...

jinyoung recently debuted with another male singer as a rnb/ballad duo called By JinSung...

theres a thread for them here in soompi too~

while the other members also carry on with other works (jaewon is a choreographer)..

so they disbanded...

what?!

that's too bad... i like their song in the winter album2006 of SM TOWn...

Guest energywen

im skeptical about the winter album...

the summer album has everyone singing 5 words, and now winter album will be worse.

i tink they sld let those who can sing sings. -.-;

the rest, into the chorus or duet.

Guest silverfire444

ierno. it seems to me that they're gonna stop making SMTOWN albums since everyone's too spread out(japan, korea & china)/ busy.

it really seems to me from the SM town summer vacation 2007. sm being too busy to make new songs so it was a basically a remake album. a proper mv was not made. it was just clips from them recording & their concert. they only had time to meet up to take pictures. so yeahh. i wanna be optimistic but yeahh. SM should stop debuting new groups. you have too many as it is.

too many groups is probably right, but i guess it's their attempt to try to appeal to more teenagers? (i'd use the word demographics, but really, they're all aimed at teens) but i agree, i'm really curious if there's going to be a winter 2007; there's no news on it yet. but i don't think everyone being spread out is going to be too much of a bother - dbsk came back from the middle of their tour to take part. the smtown albums i think is kind of sm's way of saying "WOW LOOK HOW MANY GREAT GROUPS WE GOT HERE IN ONE PLACE 8D"

hopefully things will be less chaotic and the winter will be an actual album, not a remake; but right now my hopes aren't very high. .___. everyone does seem real busy...

Guest koreanishballet

i've a feeling that there wont be a winter album; dont don and Girls Generation Vol.1 were recently released, plus tenjo chiki's Graceful 4; everyone will be too busy promoting their albums and performing in both korea and japan

great- i need a new SMtown music video, like a proper one where they are actually together filming it in a nice place (not just squashed together in a room)

:(

i've a feeling that there wont be a winter album; dont don and Girls Generation Vol.1 were recently released, plus tenjo chiki's Graceful 4; everyone will be too busy promoting their albums and performing in both korea and japan

great- i need a new SMtown music video, like a proper one where they are actually together filming it in a nice place (not just squashed together in a room)

:(

yeah same here, i'm disappointed. if they're having an mv, they'd have to film it now or earlier than now. and going out to a nice place is impossible at the moment. oh well maybe they'll put clips and stuff together like they did with lets go on vacation..atleast it's something for the winter.

Archived