[drama 2003] A Wild Funny Girl 위풍당당 그녀

Guest mayva

[MBC] Bae Doo Na, Shin Sung Woo, Kim Yoo Mi, Kang Dong Won
This drama is showing on AZN channel right now and I'm just curious who has seen it. I'm liking the drama although it seems to move rather fast unless if AZN is just cutting a lot of things out. However the reason why I made this thread is b/c I can not find anything on the net about this drama. I want to read a synopis on this series. Does anybody know where I can find one? Or if there is an eng site I can check out? Or maybe we can start one here with more info?

The cast are:

Bae Doo-Na

peo01.jpg

Shin Sung-Woo

peo02.jpg

Kim Yoo-Mi

peo03.jpg

Kang Dong-Wan

peo04.jpg

-credit to yahoo search and imbc.com.

Guest Green_Drops

Hey! I'm watching this on AZN as well... but I couldn't stand watching just an episode a day so I finished up the series on youtube... =D...

I think I've become a huge fan of Kang Dongwan after seeing this drama...

Guest renni72

this is a very old drama.....yes, it was very funny - esp the scenes of Bae Do Na, the baby and Shin Sung Wook.........

I watched it on VCD so the images were not so clear as DVD quality....

Hey! This drama is called A Country Princess and a thread already exists so i think you may wanna join the thread there instead. I thoroughly enjoyed this drama and in fact the male lead, Shin Sung Woo is doing Invincible Parachute Agent with Eric Mun and Han Ji Min now.

just a question about the accent in the drama. is it just me or do they sometime sound like they're speaking japanese? i don't know just my assumption since i do not speak korean or japanese. do people who come from the country side speak in such accent?

well as you know, AZN bought I-Channel last year. they showed this drama last year already. i guess its a rerun. loved this drama. fell in love with kang dong won and his fake accent and bae doo na's superb acting.

just a question about the accent in the drama. is it just me or do they sometime sound like they're speaking japanese? i don't know just my assumption since i do not speak korean or japanese. do people who come from the country side speak in such accent?

some provinces are located in remote areas that people barely travel. i guess you can say that every province carry their own accent.

Hey! This drama is called A Country Princess and a thread already exists so i think you may wanna join the thread there instead. I thoroughly enjoyed this drama and in fact the male lead, Shin Sung Woo is doing Invincible Parachute Agent with Eric Mun and Han Ji Min now.

Wow. so that's him?! He looks really different with the new hair cut.

Hi ! I have said a few words about this drama on the Bae Doo-Na tread, but it's time to be more complete.

It's been broadcast on MBC in 2003.

The original title is 위풍당당 그녀 (Wi-pung-dang-dang Keu-nyeo) (wierd title "dang-dang")

As far as I know, the official internationnal title is Country princess and there are a lot of alternative titles (title for the exploitation in the US, in Thailand, in Malaysia,... it's a mess) : Her majesty (litteral translation), Funny wild girl, A confident girl, Lady of dignity, Miss majesty and Courageous girl.

There are 17 episodes, 50 minutes each.

Official web site (Korean)

English synopsis

I don't know any official english subtitled edition (only japanese and south asian).

For those who can't see it on TV, I have a TV-rip of the drama (from KBFD if I remember), I can upload it if someone ask (but be careful, the quality is really poor :tears: )

So, my opinion :phew:

IMHO it's a very common drama : the lovestory between a lower-class girl and her boss (et patati et patata). Of course at the begining he hates her, she hates him, but the guy who was so rude become nice and sweet. Of course there is the machavielic sister and the sweet and beautiful first-love guy (in love with both sisters - it won't be fun if not). And her mother has - surprise ! - cancer.

But it's fun. And really addictive.

(when I have watched it I nearly did it in one non-stop session)

And Doo-Na :wub::wub:

(and yes, she speaks with a wierd provincial accent)

=^..^=

I've just seen a few episodes of this drama, and everyone was a virtual unknown then (as far as I was concerned since I haven't been surfing the Korean wave yet when I saw this drama some 3 years ago). I didn't know Kang Dong Won was there (was he 2nd fiddle?). Fast forward a couple of years later, I was watching "Take Care Of My Cat" and I thought the lead girl looked soooo familiar. And then a realization hit me: Eureka! (this is only for effect, I did not really say it :P) She is "Funny Wild Girl!" :)

shin sung woo grew on me... he's actually rather handsome now. at first i was taken by surprise on why they would pair the leading female with such an old guy... but now i would prefer her to be with sung woo.

Guest L00NiE4u

"Omo, omo... i've watched Country Princess (though it was nearly th end) before, no wonder the cast looked the same while i was channel surfing!"

thanks for the info guys.

Guest mkaymrxo

I'm watching this on AZN TV too! haha

But I don't think i like this drama too much.

The plot is too...how should I say this...um adult-ish?

Basically the characters start from high school and suddenly jump to old adulthood >.< and I guess you can say this show doesn't suit me very well bc I like "kiddy" dramas goong, full house, or sweet 18. They're based on younger people : ]

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest dokushaku

Where is this thread that you mentioned?

Guest kdramafanusa

Country Princess DVD set from YA Entertainment

index_cp.gif

Product Information

Region Code: 1

Picture Format: NTSC

Cast: Bae Doona, Gang Dong-Won, Kim Yu-Mi, Shin Sung-Woo

Release Date: April 8, 2008

Language: Korean

Subtitles: English

Publisher: YA Entertainment

Number of Episodes: 17

Number of Discs: 6

SRP: $89.99

UPC#: 880604000671

Bonus Features: Super Rookie (20 min), Romance (20 min)

Description

Acclaimed Korean actress Bae Doona (The Host, Someday) delights audiences with the heartwarming TV drama Country Princess. Famous across Asia for both her small and big screen works, Bae brings her quirky charm to the role of a spunky single mother coping with some big changes. Luckily, she gets some help from rock star Shin Sung-woo and Korean Wave heartthrob Gang Dong-won (Duelist).

Eun-hee (Bae Doona) might not be very beautiful or smart, but her upbeat attitude can get her through anything, including her father's death, her mother's coldness, and life as a young mother. When a rich man shows up on the doorstep looking for his long-lost granddaughter, it's Eun-hee's sister (Kim Yu-mi, Romance) who gets whisked away, leaving Eun-hee to carry the household.

Eun-hee takes everything in cheerful stride, but will she be able to smile when she finds out the truth behind her identity?

http://www.yaentertainment.com/catalog/cp.html

Where is this thread that you mentioned?

The threads probably were merged together already.

If you look in the Official Threads Directory, this drama is listed as "A Wild Funny Girl / Country Princess / The Courageous Girl / Funny Wild Girl"

Archived