[Drama 2017-2018] Man who sets the table, 밥상 차리는 남자

0ly40

On 8/13/2017 at 3:29 AM, asiiatdu82 said:

It looks so goood :D

Stils :

UGHHHH!! I DOES LOOK SO GOOD HUHUHU IM SO EXCITED AF!! SEPT 2 PLEASE COME FASTER!!!

Tbh I was taken aback when I saw this teaser coz I didn't expect it to come so soon considering her web drama (A Person You Could Know) just ended last week. As a sooyoungster I wasn't that used to her having dramas after  dramas.. my fellow sooyoungsters could relate to this coz we admit that SY is so underrated when it comes to drama casting and she only has like ONE drama a year T.T unlike Yoona who already has a drama waiting even before she finishes one.. Not hating on Yoona, I love her too (im a pure-blooded sone lol) I'm just so happy that finally Sooyoung is getting recognized by producers and netizens as the Actress, Choi Sooyoung and not SNSD's Sooyoung (which has been her dream for a very long time) I really hope this drama goes well and she wins and award (It has been years since she last won one for 'My Spring Days')

As the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait."

I'm really happy she took her time climbing to the top and now we enjoy the fruits of her hard work.

I'm sorry for being too dramatic lmao I'm just so emotional right now coz effing 10 years baby!! SNSD surely are QUEENs <3

On a side note, On Joowan looks so EFFING HOT on those still pics UGH //getting my heart ready in falling in love with him throughout this drama LOL

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo I just checked Dramabeans for reviews about the teaser and I was not dissapointed! :) 

Here is tipsymocha's first look on the teaser for this series! :)

Couples new and old in MBC’s weekend drama Man Who Sets the Table

manwhosetsthetable-teaser13.jpg

This looks cute! I’m not normally a fan of long weekenders, but currently airing Father Is Strange over on KBS has dispelled a lot of the prejudices I had about the genre, so I’m looking forward to seeing whether I’ll enjoy MBC’s upcoming Man Who Sets the Table just as much. It doesn’t hurt that Ohn Joo-wan (Beautiful Gong Shim) and Sooyoung (Police Unit 38) look like they’ll make an adorable couple, at least from what we see in this first teaser.

It looks like Man Who Sets the Table will follow two couples, one in danger of being at the tail-end of their relationship, and the other who will bicker their way into beginning one. Kim Mi-sook (Flower in Prison) and Kim Gab-soo(Whisper) play a husband and wife who seem prone to violent outbursts: We see him flipping tables and her giving him some good smacks, hard enough to draw blood. Yikes. She asks for separation to his incredulity, and the teaser labels them “a couple who have lost love.”

Oh noes, Sooyoung’s character catches her cheating boyfriend, played by Lee Shi-un (Reunited Worlds), in the act and — in what I’m praying is a dream sequence — crashes his wedding to get into a hair-pulling catfight with the bride. I am so mortified for her, even though a part of me thinks Cheating McCheaterson deserves to have his wedding ruined, especially when he shoves Sooyoung to the ground and yells that love is only possible when the two are on the same level. Well, she might be the “woman who has lost her lover,” but there’s a better person for her out there, in the form of a shirtless Ohn Joo-wan!

Though he might have, err, “lost” something of his own. He gets examined by a doctor, and he’s told that he is no longer “capable as a man,” pffft. I’m sorry, it shouldn’t be funny, but it’s so. Funny. Especially when it looks like he’s trying to compensate by working out in the gym. It doesn’t look like he and Sooyoung had a great first meeting, though, judging by the intense shock and anger they both express upon seeing each other in a foreign resort. Hee, I’m so ready to see them bicker their way to love.

I’m pretty happy to see some very strong comedic elements in Man Who Sets the Table, since I’m unfamiliar with the writer Park Hyun-joo and PD Joo Sung-woo’s past shows, which include Wonderful Mama, Hundred Year Inheritance, Queen’s Flower, and Monster. I was worried that it would be too makjang, but at least from this teaser, it looks like there’s not as much melodrama as I was expecting. A good rom-com with an emphasis on the comedy is just what I need on the weekends to help lighten the watching experience after Rescue Me.

Man Who Sets the Table will premiere on September 2, taking over You’re Too Much in MBC’s Saturday-Sunday slot.

Source ~~> http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/couples-new-and-old-in-mbcs-weekend-drama-man-who-sets-the-table/ ^^

20 hours ago, asiiatdu82 said:

New stills ! This time, it is Sooyoungiie :D

I am pretty sure it is On Joo Wan's character next to her so I guess this is when they kind of stopped bickering and started falling for each other ? Lol, I already love this couple !!

UGHHHH I SWOONED WHEN I SAW THESE STILLS *SIGH* SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL :wub: 
So excited D-16 till we see Taeyang+Roori = TaeRi / RooYang / TaeRoo Couple XD Which is better? LMAO 

Hola MWSTT fans. I came over from the MGL thread

I didn't realize MWSTT and MGL are going head to head in the weekend drama slot on MBC and KBS2 until just now. But I'm mainly here to ask if SHS in the list of cast of MWSTT which I just noticed is true or not, if anyone here can confirm. It seems a bit unusual for the lead in one to appear (even as cameo) in another that's in the same time-slot, no? True or not, viewers will have a choice of which tall skinny lead actress they'll watch starting Sept 2.:rolleyes: Thanks, Chingus.

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Shin_Hye-sun.php

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_Man_Who_Lays_the_Table-cast.html

Frankly,  I dont really know what to expect for the ratings. Usually, KBS is on the lead whereas MBC and SBS are fighting for second place so I guess I will just pray to have a good storyline lol. Of course, I want it to do great but putting expectations on viewer ratings is too damn stressing !

New stills !

Damn, they look fierce lol ! I am kind of surprised but relieved too that Seo Hye Rim acts as Sooyoung's sister in law instead of rival. When it was announced she will reunite with On Joo Wan, I thought it was going to be Beautiful Gongshim all over again. So Yeah, it is refreshing.

From what I read, the brother is one of the reasons why Lee Roori doesnt get along well with her father. The latter keeps comparing the two of them because he is the most successful sibling. I just hope he doesnt play favorites because it will remind me badly of Wang Family with the mother and the two eldest daughters, ugh.

Ah and I read a behind the scenes' story which happened during their poster's shooting. Out of nowhere,  Kim Kap Soo did Holiday dance moves and Sooyoung, shocked, asked him how he knew and he simply answered "It is because our Sooyoung is so famous".  Isnt it soo cuuute ?!!! (If anyone happened to have read it too, please feel free to correct me. I am far from being fluent in Korean !)

Another one of Sooyoung ! 

New teaser !

I can't stop replaying the first few seconds, haha ! I already love the OTP so much. And Seo Hye Rim looks so adorable with that hairstyle ! I am guessing she acts as a rich girl totally in love with her stoic husband ? And is that Kim So Mi ? Oh gosh I loved her in Unstoppable Mariage and it is a reunion with Sooyoung XD

New stills of Shim Hyun Taek and Lee Il Hwa !

2017082901002435400180861_20170828080202

They look so gorgeous together !

The posters for the drama are OUT !

Another sets of pictures of Sooyoung filming the drama :

On 8/26/2017 at 8:04 PM, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone :D

I'm waiting for this drama to start because its SNSD Sooyoung. By the way, any kind chingu can tell me where to watch Sooyoung's new webdrama? Thanks!

Welcome! :) You can watch "A Person You Could Know" on ~> http://mysonesubs.weebly.com/
As of now they already subbed up to ep 5 but just stay tuned for updates! :)

Sooyoung opens up about starring in dramas at the same time as Seohyun and YoonA

By elliefilet

YoonA,Sooyoung,Seohyun

Girls' Generation's Sooyoung opened up about starring in dramas at the same time as Seohyun and YoonA.

At the August 30th press conference for the MBC weekend drama 'Man Who Sets the Table', Sooyoung was asked about her fellow group members' dramas. Currently, YoonA is starring in MBC's Monday-Tuesday drama 'The King in Love', while Seohyun is starring in the MBC weekend drama 'Bad Thief, Good Thief'.

Sooyoung explained, "Since we try not to overlap with our album promotions, all our projects tend to be around the same time. The three of us ended up starring in MBC shows. I think that's something rare." She continued, "The two members are doing very well, and I'm always monitoring them. It's really fun, and I'm a bit burdened. However, I have just as much confidence in my project, so I hope people give it interest."

She went on, "The members always cheer me on and choose my outfits for me too."

'Man Who Sets the Table' premieres on September 2 at 8:35PM KST.

Source ~> https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/08/sooyoung-opens-up-about-starring-in-dramas-at-the-same-time-as-seohyun-and-yoona

Archived