wangzifan

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KSW-KHN "strength of Korean wave good partners"

Translation:SangWoo4ever.Com

nopredict200510170825260.jpg

[sports Korea 2005-10-17 08:33]

KSW,KHN had showed the strength of Korean wave group since coorperating for the first time.

KSW and KHN appeared as lover's figure for shooting film "Youth Comic"(Lee Han directs,popcorn produces) at suburbs of Seoul on 15th. They shot in the hospitable fan watch attentively this day,that created the extraordinary scene of the initial shooting.

The produce company said "fans of KSW and KHN visit the initial shooting scene,and prepared rice cakes of congratulation to their cooperation".

More than 40 domestic and Japanese of KSW and KHN fan of KHN came to the shooting site. The staff have prepared the rice cakes for more than 50 people.

Japanese fans club members awaited orders in advance at the shooting site early in the morning,demonstrated the cordial figure.

The stuff of the production company said,"not only KSW,but KHN is also the popular Korean wave star who is quite paid close attention to in Japan recently,there are more and more cares from Japanese fans."

Because the actors of film "My Tutor Friend" KSW and KHN cooperate once again,it caused "Youth Comic" to be a topic work.

Because KSW shot the film "Running Wild", production group entered the scene of the children in advance.Shooting of KSW and KHN would start from the 15th.

ter@sportshankook.co.kr

Last weekend I was browsing through a cd shop and found a copy of Bye June. It was in korean with chinese subtitles only, but I was so happy at my little find that I grabbed it immediately. More KHN-JYT goodness....bliss. :D

khn2.jpg

credits to asianfanatics

She seldom does glamour shots like the one above....this sultry photo with the 'come-hither look' is one of my favorites. ;)

Guest figure_31

A cute gif for all ye Ha-neul fanz...

982004122921147314572ed.gif

7863944_1092160721.gif

Thank you for sharing GIF. It's nice!!!

If you have GIF, please share it to thread.

Thank you... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest conduongmuathu

Do you know? I love this flash very much. When I see and listen this flash song, I always smile.

When I take something seriously, I wanna see this flash. :lol::lol: Hehehe It's magical flash.

:D I love this flash, too. Onnie's very beautiful

It's magical flash

It's make me laugh :D:D

haha, Private Gunner finally reporting for duty!

So nice to see a new thread of KHN already up and with all these nice pictures too... looks like I better make some contributions.. hehe

here are some of my reviews of KHN movies I submitted to spcnet.tv

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=672

Korean name: Donggam

Cast

Yoon So-eun: Kim Ha-Neul (My Tutor Friend, Too Beautiful to Lie)

Jee In: Yoo Ji-Tae (Attack the Gas Station, Old Boy)

Review (Contains spoilers!)

There are many ways to interpret the movie Ditto. At its most basic level, it�s a melodrama infused with a bit of science fiction. On the other end of the spectrum, the movie is symbolic of the political and social upheaval South Korea has gone through over the past three decades to become the democracy it is today. While the context is quite distinctly Korean, the lessons to be learnt are much further-reaching. Many of those born in the past two decades, especially in the East Asia region, have grown up amidst affluent and prosperous societies and in relatively safe conditions. However, that luxury was something that most of those belonging to the older generations were not so fortunate to enjoy. Indeed, much of what we enjoy now is the direct result of the suffering our forebears endured and this is the main theme behind Ditto. We are always told by our elders not to �take things for granted� and very rightly so, because what are now basic amenities for us were not always so. Indeed, the main lesson we can draw from the movie is that we should learn to appreciate what we have around us.

The story at first glance is pretty similar to the Hollywood production Frequency, but the differences upon viewing are significant enough. So-eun (played by Kim Ha-Neul), is a university student who has a crush on her classmate. One day she chances across a HAM radio (an old type of radio transmitter) which she take home. She is then contacted by a HAM radio hobbyist known as In (played by Yoo Ji-Tae) who happens to come from the same university as her. Anxious to learn how to operate the ham radio to impress her crush, So-eun agrees to meet In the following day in front of the school clock-tower to get an instruction manual from him. It is during this attempt to meet each other and the subsequent events that follow that we are introduced to the first major twist of the movie. So-eun is from 1979, where the clock-tower is still under construction, while In is from 2000. There is no real attempt to explain this phenomena on the movie�s part, but there isn�t really a need since this little time-travel element is only a means of furthering the plot, not an end to the plot itself.

The differences highlighted in the two time periods are stark indeed and is masterfully conveyed by director. So-eun�s room for example is simple and frugal with minimal lighting while In�s room is brightly-lit with neon lights and even has a large expensive aquarium right in the middle of it. So-eun is also dressed plainly in the typical sweet girl-next-door fashion with woollen sweater and all while In carries a futuristic looking hard-cased backpack and has his hair highlighted white. Going even more in-depth though, So-eun�s lives in a Korea where there is a curfew imposed at night and where she herself believes the world will end in the year 2000. This could not be in greater contrast to In�s world where the roads are still busy at night and where there already is so much more to look forward to than the year 2000. When So-eun asks In about his world, �Is it beautiful? Worth living in the world?� he replies, �As always, the world is a good place to be in.� Also, while So-eun pines for her first love, In is dismissive of his girlfriend (played by Ha Ji-Won) despite her attentions. It is interesting to note that while both characters live in the same physical Korea and even attend the same universities; their lives could not be more alien to each other.

After their first conversation, there is an initial sense of apprehension, but eventually both parties overcome their suspicions of each other with no small help from the �predictions� that In is able to tell So-eun about �future� events. A sort of friendship blossoms between the two and So-eun eventually confides in In about her crush on her classmate. However, it is here that we are introduced to the second major twist of the movie; and that is In is the son of So-eun�s crush and her best friend. For So-eun, the news is devastating. It is like going to a fortune-teller that is always correct and learning that you are going to die soon. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing to look forward to. In an instance, all hope is lost. While the loss of a romantic crush may not seem like a life-and-death situation, it is important to take the symbolic context in which this unfolds for So-eun. The year 1979 is a major threshold in South Korea�s history. It was the year where the benevolent, if not authoritarian, President Park Chung Hee was assassinated, signalling the end of almost two decades of stability that saw South Korea rapidly industrialise and take its place among the economic giants of the world. It was also the year that saw the rise to power of President Chun Doo Hwan in a military coup, signalling the start of the most oppressive and brutal period in the modern history of South Korea, a highlight of which was the infamous Kwanju Massacre. The reign of President Chun�s military junta was to last until the early 90s and for a So-eun who believes that the world is going to end in the year 2000, there certainly is not much to look forward to.

In�s 2000 is no less significant though. It marks not only the start of the new millennia and proof that the world is not going to end, but also the second year of the term of President Kim Dae Jung, the very first democratically elected opposition candidate in South Korea. It is in So-eun�s eventual choice that these two distinctive eras are linked together. So-eun upon learning that she is not destined to end up with her crush, gives up her love and in doing so, ensures In�s existence in the future. Thus the symbolic link between past and present is highlighted and in a heart-wrenching way, because So-eun, as portrayed by a young and sweet-looking Kim Ha Neul, is so pure and innocent that you feel she deserves so much more. Instead, her suffering is magnified when we know what she is going to go through following the year 1979 without even love to provide her comfort. The greatest tragedy of all though is that there is no place for So-eun in the year 2000 and that is representative of the tragedy suffered by the �forgotten generation� of those turbulent times. In does not even know of So-eun�s existence until he digs up an old school yearbook of his parents�. Like so many others from that generation, So-eun has become another helpless and nameless victim of history. Indeed, the greatest mistake we can make is to forget what those who come before us have done so that we might enjoy what we have today.

So-eun�s final conversation with In is extremely powerful and takes place in a beautifully filmed scene where So-eun and In walk the same path in their school campus, albeit in their respective years. She says:

They say people live with a scent and they scatter the scent everywhere. When the scent is gone, they die. But some people still have the scent after death, and some people pass on the scent to others, then it can spread everywhere. I know his scent; I�d recognise it with my eyes closed. Him and I; we definitely live with the same emotion. Same sorrow, same joy; we�d keep the same scent and live forever. The feeling that I have in 1979, I�m sure you will be able to feel it in 2000.

While on one hand recognising in In a new type of hope which was previously embodied by her crush, it also makes us reflect on what legacy we seek to hand down to our children. Will what we hand down be reflective of our own lives and will that reflection be good or bad? More importantly, is the legacy we leave behind ultimately beneficial to those around us whom we hold dear? I think those belonging to the previous generations who willingly suffered so that their descendants might enjoy better lives knew very well how they wanted to answer those questions and it is our duty to ensure that their legacy is not wasted. In the end, In learns to treasure his girlfriend more and thus symbolically enjoy what So-eun was never able to enjoy. While this does not erase the pain that So-eun felt, we are at least able to find some solace in the fact that her sacrifice was not in vain.

Ditto is a bitter-sweet tale which tugs at our emotions in an unusual way. Kim Ha-Neul, portraying a far different role from her wacky character in My Tutor Friend, and Yoo Ji-Tae, in particular turn in excellent performances as the leads and combined with excellent cinematography, only serves to enhance the entire viewing experience. While there is no direct romance between the two leads for us to relate to, the experiences the characters go through makes us feel for them. The moment So-eun learns about her future, we know what is going to happen and it is this knowledge that nothing can be done to change it that helps us to experience the helplessness So-eun feels. Indeed, the key lesson in the movie is that the present is irrevocably linked to the past but yet it is also from the past that we gain a measure of dignity. Only when we understand that dignity are we able to appreciate what we have in the present. There is no doubt that the movie is a slow one, but for those who are willing to sit down and reflect on its lessons, it is definitely a worthwhile experience.

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=536

Cast:

Yu Young-Ju: Kim Ha Neul (Ice Rain, My Tutor Friend, Ditto, Doctor K, Bye June)

Choi Hee-Chul: Kang Dong Wan

Introduction:

Released in Korea in early 2004 and starring Kim Ha Neul of �My Tutor Friend� (which was the runaway comedy hit of 2003), and Kang Dong Wan in his movie debut, this romantic comedy was not quite the box-office powerhouse that �My Tutor Friend� was, though it did enjoy a healthy box-office attendance. Perhaps being one of the first few romantic comedies of the year with viewers not quite knowing what to expect played a part, as well as having to go up against �Taegukgi�, the movie that has so far blown all the competition in 2004 away and rewritten Korea�s box-office records. It is unfortunate, because this movie is genuinely funny and has a very well-rounded plot that does not try to go overboard in its humour, unlike the over-the-top movies of the Stephen Chow kind.

Synopsis (contains minor spoilers!):

Kim Ha Neul plays Yu Young-Ju, a con-artist who uses her skills at deception to get herself out of jail on parole so that she can visit her elder sister, who is getting married. However, while on the way there on the train, she runs into an old-fashioned physician Choi Hee-Chul, played by Kang Dong Wan. Hee-Chul is quite the country bumpkin, being the only son of the mayor of a sleepy countryside town and is on his way to marry his sweetheart. However, he manages to drop his engagement ring awkwardly under the legs of a sleeping Young-Ju and while trying to retrieve it, creates a hilarious misunderstanding. After clearing up the misunderstanding with Young-Ju, he gets up to leave, but Young-Ju notices a pick-pocket stealing his ring at that very moment. Not wanting to get into worse trouble with the law, Young-Ju gets out of the train to retrieve the ring, which she successfully does. However, while doing so, she misses the train and leaves her bag which contains her sister�s wedding present in it.

This leads her to go to Hee-Chul�s hometown to get her bag back. While carrying his engagement ring, she unwittingly gets mistaken by Hee-Chul�s family as his girlfriend. This leads to a lot of hilarious moments where Young-Ju even manages to convince Hee-Chul�s family that she is pregnant with his child. The situation gets more complicated when Hee-Chul finally returns home after failing in his marriage proposal because he has lost his ring. He is shocked to find everyone treating Young-Ju as his wife-to-be and even blaming him for ignoring her after getting her pregnant. Let�s just say Hee-Chul gets beaten up a lot by his family for this little bit of trickery on Young-Ju�s part.

However, following the standard romantic comedy plot formula, the bitter enemies that are Hee-Chul and Young-Ju start to fall for each other and Hee-Chul begins to see that behind Young-Ju�s deceptive and cunning exterior, there is actually a sweet and vulnerable inside. However, the truth is revealed to the family, which causes yet more complications. But for those who like happy endings, do not be dismayed, for everything works out well in the end.

Plus points:

Kim Ha Neul has built up quite an impressive repertoire of films over the years since her debut in 1998, trying her hand at a wide range of film genres. Perhaps what shocked her fans and critics alike was when in 2003, she shed her innocent sweet girl image to play the role of a wacky and ditzy tutor in the romantic comedy �My Tutor Friend�. The shedding of her locks and image aside, perhaps what was most shocking was that Kim Ha Neul surprisingly displayed a flair for comedy. Her natural comedic timing and a wide range of comedic expressions eventually helped �My Tutor Friend� to become one of the biggest box-office draws of 2003. �Too Beautiful to Lie� is her second venture into the comedy genre and she does not fail to deliver. The whole movie is obviously built around her and her experience and acting ability show as she is called upon on quite a few occasions to portray different emotions in the blink of an eye, in order to convincingly portray her role as a professional con-artist. One of my favourites is when she makes a bet with Hee-Chul to see if he can tell if the next thing she says is a lie and he says that it is not a problem because whenever she tells the truth, she blushes. By now already having developed feelings for Hee-Chul, she then goes on to say that she likes Hee-Chul and she actually blushes, which leaves Hee-Chul confused! An interesting fact is that Kim Ha Neul won the Best Actress Award at the 40th Baek Sang Awards, the Korean equivalent of the Emmys, for her role in this film.

Kang Dong Won also turns in a decent performance playing the goofy country bumpkin who is sorely misunderstood by everyone around him. It is his debut film and his inexperience shows, but thankfully his character does not require him to test his acting ability too much and he adequately pulls off what he is required to do. Perhaps the most common complaint is that Kang Dong Wan looks too young and boyishly handsome to play his role as a countryside physician, but I think that that is a drawback many would be happy to overlook.

The supporting cast also do a good job adding to the overall value of the film with very believable performances. That is not to say that the characters they portray are very original, but they do provide the necessary ingredients for making the show as humorous as it is.

The plot is also pretty smooth-flowing and does not feel as �jumpy� or hastily done as other comedies usually do. In fact, the plot is very well-rounded and will provide the viewer with a sweet and enjoyable story to enjoy. The best part about the film is that being after all a comedy, it is actually funny. The humour, though, is not overly wacky and done just for the sake of it, and generally avoids the use of �gutter� humour and slapstick. Instead, the humour is subtle and cleverly woven into the plot, making use of the plot twists, dialogue and the characters� acting abilities to create funny moments. I personally think that this a refreshing way of exploring the genre and the result is a movie that is more akin to those classic black-and-white silent comedies than wacky modern day �Naked Guns�.

Drawbacks:

While the plot is relatively complete and smooth-flowing, there still are scenes that perhaps could have been better explained, such as how Young-Ju suddenly developed feelings for Hee-Chul and his family. For those who have the benefit of getting the DVD, these missing plot developments are better explained in the deleted scenes. Another minor drawback is that in terms of the overall plot, the movie makes no attempt to do anything ground-breaking, sticking to the classic but proven formula that most Korean romantic comedies use. As all Korean romantic comedies eventually get drawn into comparisons with the classic of its genre that is �My Sassy Girl�, �Too Beautiful to Lie� is no different and definitely falls short of its genre-defining predecessor. However, it is still a good romantic comedy and movie in its own right and definitely worth a look.

Conclusion:

The movie gets a 4.5 from me because it certainly lacks something that would put it among the likes of �My Sassy Girl� as an all-time classic. Still, it is a very good movie and fans of either the lead stars will not be disappointed. For the neutral, what you will get is almost two hours of heart-warming entertainment that will leave you with a smile on your face.

some pics and banners:

KHNClan2.jpg

KHNClan.jpg

Ditto2.jpg

Ditto1.jpg

The top 20 most bankable/popular Korean actors as chosen by the 12 most influential film producers in Korea.

Here is the list of Top-20

200510200379_05.jpg

Actresses:

1. Moon Geun Young

2. Jun Ji Hyun

3. Lee Young Ae

4. Kim Sun Ah

5. Kang Hye Jung

6. Jun Do Yun

7. Son Yeh Jin

8. Jang Jin Young

9. Soo Ae

10. Im Soo Jung

11. Ha Ji Won

12. Uhm Jung Hwa

13. Moon So Ri

14. Kim Jung Eun

15. Lee Na Young

16. Yum Jung Ah

17. Kim Ha Neul -- aint bad, tho!

18. Choi Ji Woo

19. Lee Mi Sook

20. Han Ga In

credit: CindyW88

source: http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200510/200510200379.html

Guest Janette

KHN hasn't star in a film for a 1 yr & 1/2, so for her to rank top 20 is pretty darn good. I believe she's the only actress on the list who haven't done any movie or have any releases for the longest time.

Heh, Gunner, I love your review! Especially on "Ditto", one of the reason why I watch the movie before I knew anything about it.

Archived